Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    101,323
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

    Sri Lanka Cricket denies talks of playing Test cricket in Pakistan [Update Post#45]

    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is all set to host Sri Lanka in Test cricket after a gap of almost 10 years, sources confirmed ARY News.

    According to the sources, the PCB had successful talks with Sri Lanka Cricket and convinced them to play two Test matches of the World’s ICC Test Championship in Lahore and Karachi respectively. The schedule of the matches would be revealed later.

    Pakistan will play Sri Lanka, Australia, and Bangladesh in the first leg of the ICC Test Championship which runs from 2019-2020. The green shirts will tour Australia to play two Tests while the Pakistani board is convincing Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to play their matches in Pakistan.

    It is pertinent to mention here that the top nine Test playing nations will play each other in three-year ICC Test Championship. Top two teams will play the final of the event in 2021.

    On March 3, 2009, Sri Lankan team was attacked by terrorists near Gaddafi Stadium Lahore, when they were going to play on the third day of the second Test. The unfortunate attack took international cricket away from Pakistan for at least six years before the Zimbabwean team toured Lahore for a brief tour in 2015.

    Later, the Pakistan Super League (PSL) played an important role in bringing back high-profile cricket in the country when the final of its second edition (2017) was held in Lahore between Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi. That final match paved the way for some more international cricketing event in the country of cricket lovers as World XI containing top-notch players from around the World toured the country to play three T20I matches.

    Sri Lanka then did a one-day tour of Pakistan to play a T20I during Pakistan’s three-match T20I home series against the Irelanders. In 2018, the PSL once again became the reason for the resumption of cricket in Pakistan as three matches of the third edition of the league including the final took place in Lahore and Karachi respectively which was followed by a three-match T20I series against West Indies at newly renovated National Stadium.

    Karachi hosted eight matches including the final of the PSL 4 at it’s refurbished stadium. The event was attended by the ICC’s security officials along with security experts of different cricket boards.

    The PCB with an aim to bring more cricket to the country is in contact with different cricket boards. It merits mentioning here that the board had asked the Australian board twice to send their team to Pakistan but they refused due to security concerns.

    https://arysports.tv/pakistan-host-t...fter-10-years/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    14,112
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be great news!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is true, my question is that why is Sri Lanka willing to help pakistan?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Huge respect to Srilanka .They are our true friend in cricket unlike other asian team .

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    24,598
    Mentioned
    1895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Excellent new - it ended with SRL, it might start with SRL as well. Now, PCB, must make sure that this time the security arrangements are better than last time.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,808
    Mentioned
    1030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That would be huge and a very emotional homecoming.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,536
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As expected, SL would be the first team to be willing to play a full test in Pakistan. Realistically, Afghanistan is the only other option.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    As expected, SL would be the first team to be willing to play a full test in Pakistan. Realistically, Afghanistan is the only other option.
    Leave Afghanistan aside if want to ask why google Afghanistan cricket official statement about pak. .there current board and government are anti Pakistani and don.t want to see any good relation with pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,056
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amazing!!! Finally we will play Test cricket at our true home with filled stadiums on pitches that will be more lively and leave those empty stadiums and dead pitches of the Desert.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,536
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Leave Afghanistan aside if want to ask why google Afghanistan cricket official statement about pak. .there current board and government are anti Pakistani and don.t want to see any good relation with pakistan.
    Afghanistan always has a love-hate relationship with Pakistan. I will not take these anti-Pakistan statements too seriously. Latif and Inzamam have both served as Afghanistan's coach. A test series with Afghanistan is more likely than with any other country except Sri Lanka. Pakistan has been desperate to host international teams. Afghanistan will be certainly better than the Zimbabwe and WI-C teams that Pakistan already hosted.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Afghanistan always has a love-hate relationship with Pakistan. I will not take these anti-Pakistan statements too seriously. Latif and Inzamam have both served as Afghanistan's coach. A test series with Afghanistan is more likely than with any other country except Sri Lanka. Pakistan has been desperate to host international teams. Afghanistan will be certainly better than the Zimbabwe and WI-C teams that Pakistan already hosted.
    I have not said relation won,t improve but PCB should hold there moral high until ACB apologies for there remarks. there should be no cricket relation whats so ever.Do we need afgahistan for test match currently a big nooo .If we are that desperate to invite minnow for test match .ireland is better option.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,056
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a story!!!

    Sri Lanka played the last Test in Pakistan and now they will play the next one after return of cricket back home, this is what you call a true friend.

    Also, it seems fair now that a team has decided just at the right time, the starting of World Test Championship to tour Pakistan. Atleast, now we will play our home games in Pakistan for the most or possibly the whole Championship.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,056
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am already getting excited and will attend the match for all days most probably, in the Karachi Test atleast.

    I would have loved to drop Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq and Sarfraz Ahmed from the Test Squad, but after going through long tough times without playing at home and getting us that Test mace. I would give them a farewell series for all their efforts.

    My Team would be now:

    Imam Ul Haq
    Azhar Ali
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Haris Sohail
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed(C)(Wk)
    Mohammad Amir
    Zafar Gohar
    Yasir Shah
    Mohammad Abbas

    Bench:

    Abid Ali
    Mohammad Rizwan
    Shadab Khan/Bilal Asif
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    2,430
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great news.

    The return of Test Cricket to Pakistan!

    This feels really good.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything will be subject to the security situation in Pakistan. If no more blasts , unrest or army operations in the country then teams like Bangaldesh and Afghanistan would follow suit.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,436
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This would be great news.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,229
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hoping it's true and goes ahead without any hoopla.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    I have not said relation won,t improve but PCB should hold there moral high until ACB apologies for there remarks. there should be no cricket relation whats so ever.Do we need afgahistan for test match currently a big nooo .If we are that desperate to invite minnow for test match .ireland is better option.
    You guys need all the help you can get for cricket to return to Pakistan. Being egoistic will not help.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    You guys need all the help you can get for cricket to return to Pakistan. Being egoistic will not help.
    do you know the actual incident ?if yes and then say it is ego then my friend don,t lecture me about nationalism .National Pride comes first then anything.
    Last edited by saeed5646; 11th April 2019 at 23:10.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is true. It would be a fantastic morale boost for our players and fans. I'd love to see us playing and winning in Ghaddafi or NSK again. I still remember that England test from early 2000's where Nasser Hussain kept his team batting in the dark to win the test. We lost but what a fantastic fun it was watching it.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,265
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    As expected, SL would be the first team to be willing to play a full test in Pakistan. Realistically, Afghanistan is the only other option.
    Afghanistan wont get permission from its board BCCI .

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    9,189
    Mentioned
    2083 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is all set to host Sri Lanka in Test cricket after a gap of almost 10 years, sources confirmed ARY News.

    According to the sources, the PCB had successful talks with Sri Lanka Cricket and convinced them to play two Test matches of the World’s ICC Test Championship in Lahore and Karachi respectively. The schedule of the matches would be revealed later.

    Pakistan will play Sri Lanka, Australia, and Bangladesh in the first leg of the ICC Test Championship which runs from 2019-2020. The green shirts will tour Australia to play two Tests while the Pakistani board is convincing Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to play their matches in Pakistan.

    It is pertinent to mention here that the top nine Test playing nations will play each other in three-year ICC Test Championship. Top two teams will play the final of the event in 2021.

    On March 3, 2009, Sri Lankan team was attacked by terrorists near Gaddafi Stadium Lahore, when they were going to play on the third day of the second Test. The unfortunate attack took international cricket away from Pakistan for at least six years before the Zimbabwean team toured Lahore for a brief tour in 2015.

    Later, the Pakistan Super League (PSL) played an important role in bringing back high-profile cricket in the country when the final of its second edition (2017) was held in Lahore between Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi. That final match paved the way for some more international cricketing event in the country of cricket lovers as World XI containing top-notch players from around the World toured the country to play three T20I matches.

    Sri Lanka then did a one-day tour of Pakistan to play a T20I during Pakistan’s three-match T20I home series against the Irelanders. In 2018, the PSL once again became the reason for the resumption of cricket in Pakistan as three matches of the third edition of the league including the final took place in Lahore and Karachi respectively which was followed by a three-match T20I series against West Indies at newly renovated National Stadium.

    Karachi hosted eight matches including the final of the PSL 4 at it’s refurbished stadium. The event was attended by the ICC’s security officials along with security experts of different cricket boards.

    The PCB with an aim to bring more cricket to the country is in contact with different cricket boards. It merits mentioning here that the board had asked the Australian board twice to send their team to Pakistan but they refused due to security concerns.

    https://arysports.tv/pakistan-host-t...fter-10-years/
    Welcome aboard @SL_Fan :


    See You Space Cowboy....

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,756
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is giving their team because there is no domestic FC before this series
    My team
    1. Shan masood
    2. Abid Ali
    3. Haris sohail
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Usman Salahuddin
    6. Saad Ali
    7. Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
    8. Zafar Gohar
    9. Yasir Shah
    10. Mohammad Abbas
    11. Sadaf hussain
    12. Mir hamza
    13. Mohammad Musa
    14. Saud Shakeel
    15. Mohammad Saad

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    29,665
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Test cricket at NSK?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,495
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    If this is true, my question is that why is Sri Lanka willing to help pakistan?
    Because we have helped them in the past too. Whenever there was that civil war type conflict in SL in the 90s, Pakistan still toured as an act of goodwill. Since then we've always kept good relations with them.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Because we have helped them in the past too. Whenever there was that civil war type conflict in SL in the 90s, Pakistan still toured as an act of goodwill. Since then we've always kept good relations with them.
    Oh. That's good then. At least the previous goodwill gestures paid off.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,092
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I didnt even know that a test championship is starting.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,070
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    If this is true, my question is that why is Sri Lanka willing to help pakistan?
    Pakistan helped Sri Lankan to once and for all end the brutal terrorism the nation was facing.

    Good on the Lankans. Should be a cracking series too.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2019 at 17:39.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Pakistan helped Sri Lankan to once and for all end the brutal terrorism the nation was facing.

    Good on the Lankans. Should be a cracking series too.
    Sri lanka might win it tbh. They beat us by 2-0 last time.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2019 at 17:39.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    do you know the actual incident ?if yes and then say it is ego then my friend don,t lecture me about nationalism .National Pride comes first then anything.
    Funny how you brought up nationalism when no one even mentioned it. Seems like you lectured yourself about it

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,012
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its only fair, after all we helped them in the 90's when no one would tour their country.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Funny how you brought up nationalism when no one even mentioned it. Seems like you lectured yourself about it
    what is egoistic in my post?

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    You guys need all the help you can get for cricket to return to Pakistan. Being egoistic will not help.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    7,913
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka has always been a true friend and well wisher. Thank you.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    what is egoistic in my post?
    the fact that you think acb needs to dish out a sorry. this is not pre school mate. Both board are running a multi million dollar business at the end of the day. if every tom, dick and harry's comment offended all the ceo running businessses, we would still be stuck at the stone age.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    the fact that you think acb needs to dish out a sorry. this is not pre school mate. Both board are running a multi million dollar business at the end of the day. if every tom, dick and harry's comment offended all the ceo running businessses, we would still be stuck at the stone age.
    Afghanistan cricket board have multi million dollar business 😂😂.Last time i checked ireland ditched them due to expensive bear of tv rights .the multi million acb could not afford the money alone😂.

    Every tom dick and harry have alot of knowledge about pakistan politics and cricket but they don't know that acb official remarks was not against particular person but the whole country. May be you have big heart to ignore such a stupid act from cricket official but don.t lecture me about egoistic if you don.t know the facts

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    14,112
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I didnt even know that a test championship is starting.
    Really? How did you miss that news?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,501
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hate to break it to everyone but we may not get much crowds unless the PCB really market it. If you look at the past lahore never really got big crowds and karachi also was good at times but nothing like india or england..so dont get your hopes up about crowds..as for the pitches..well this is a lottery..they could be completley flat dead pitches or do something..anybodys guess..

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,568
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Pakistan, security situation seems better now and I am sure they will be great hosts.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    968
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Congrats to Pakistan, security situation seems better now and I am sure they will be great hosts.
    I'm in Pakistan on a holiday and Pakistan seems safer that London.

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,568
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    I'm in Pakistan on a holiday and Pakistan seems safer that London.
    Yeah. I remember Asia Cup was held in Pakistan in 2008 and there would be news stories of terror attacks every other day. Now it is no longer the case at least in big cities like Lahore, Karachi which will be the likely venues. It is similar in India where Kashmir, Assam, Nagaland, Naxal areas have many terror attacks but the traditional cricket venues are mostly incident free.

    Good luck to you guys and hopefully India too plays a series in Pakistan just like the historic 2004 series.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,641
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally Test cricket returns to Pakistan. The last team was SRL so its fitting its them again.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Afghanistan cricket board have multi million dollar business ����.Last time i checked ireland ditched them due to expensive bear of tv rights .the multi million acb could not afford the money alone��.

    Every tom dick and harry have alot of knowledge about pakistan politics and cricket but they don't know that acb official remarks was not against particular person but the whole country. May be you have big heart to ignore such a stupid act from cricket official but don.t lecture me about egoistic if you don.t know the facts
    You can't be serious here. You think Net worth of a Business = Budget avaliable for spending? And then you're throwing around smiling emoji as if you said something very smart? You must be trolling here ... you can't be serious about this. Last time I checked, pakistan didn't want to host BD at UAE for profit issue, doesn't mean PCB is poor and can't afford it.

    Don't lecture you about facts? Did you bother asking me if I know it or not? It was a pretty big thing here in pp. Everyone was talking bout it, how can I miss it? My comment must have hurt your ego and seems like you definitely did take it personally it seems. Not here to make you take things personally but rather debate. If you feel like the heat is too much, just move along and ignore.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    101,323
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is in negotiations with its Sri Lankan counterpart to host them on home soil for a two-match Test series, which will be part of the ICC Test Championship programme, starting from July this year following the 50-over World Cup.

    When contacted by Dawn,a PCB official on Thursday confirmed that the negotiations between the PCB and Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) were underway on the proposed Test matches but nothing was final as yet.

    Pakistan have not host any nation for any Test match owing to security-related issues after the horrifying terrorist attack on the visiting Sri Lankan team, which was playing a Test match, in Lahore on March 3, 2009.

    Since then, the PCB has been successfully hosting foreign teams for bilateral home series at the neutral venues of the UAE. However, holding the home series in the UAE is costing the PCB very high, and due to this factor the Board has long been trying to bring foreign teams back to Pakistan for international matches.

    After hosting Zimbabwe (ODI and T20 International series in Lahore, 2015), World XI team comprising players from different Test-playing countries (three-match T20 International series in Lahore, 2017), Sri Lanka (one T20 Inter*national in Lahore, 2017) and West Indies (three-match T20 International series in Karachi, 2018), the PCB has been gradually moving towards fully restoring international cricket in the country.

    Moreover, a number of Pakistan Super League T20 matches — featuring prominent Pakistani and foreign cricketers — have been held in Pakistan since 2017 after the PCB staged the entire 2016 inaugural edition in the UAE. The 2017 PSL final was hosted by Lahore; in 2018 PSL, two playoffs were held in Lahore while the final was organised in Karachi. In the 2019 edition, as many as eight PSL matches including the final were held in Karachi.

    As all the above-mentioned international matches and PSL games went smoothly without any security incident, the PCB efforts have raised hopes of top-level international cricket, including Test matches, returning to Pakistan.

    Prior to the recently-held five-match ODI series played between Pakistan and Australia in the UAE, the PCB tried to convince Cricket Australia to play a few of the games in Pakistan, an offer which CA declined.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1475469/pc...ts-in-pakistan


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    You can't be serious here. You think Net worth of a Business = Budget avaliable for spending? And then you're throwing around smiling emoji as if you said something very smart? You must be trolling here ... you can't be serious about this. Last time I checked, pakistan didn't want to host BD at UAE for profit issue, doesn't mean PCB is poor and can't afford it..
    i thought you are smarter than that but let me put this in simple word for
    milion dollar business meaning
    :A million dollar business is a business that is valued at a million dollars by investors. A company netting $500K profit per year is worth much more than $500K, as investors would be willing to purchase that business for a multiple of the annual net profit… the multiple depends on many factors
    Now give me any proof about ACB earn the above estimated money.Comparing apple (bd tour)with orange(tv rights) both are different topics and cannot be related ,

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Don't lecture you about facts? Did you bother asking me if I know it or not? It was a pretty big thing here in pp. Everyone was talking bout it, how can I miss it? My comment must have hurt your ego and seems like you definitely did take it personally it seems. Not here to make you take things personally but rather debate. If you feel like the heat is too much, just move along and ignore.
    Why should i ask you when i already knows more than you about my country and its cricket.Its seems running away from actual topic and throwing tantrum at me .so i will repeat my question again

    What were egoistic in my post about afghanistan demanding apology for there pathetic statement against pakistanwhen .these are remarks of ACB chairman at that time
    n Thursday, the matter escalated when, in an expanded statement, the ACB placed the blame for the attack on Pakistan, saying no agreement could be "valid in a country where terrorists are housed and provided safe havens"..The acb chairman will use that language and we should play cricket with them .the irony in your post

    question number 2

    provide me any link about ACB have million dollar business .Your calling that without any data i would take it as a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by saeed5646; 13th April 2019 at 13:05.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    101,323
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) President Shammi Silva denied any talks of playing Test cricket in Paksitan. Responding to the Sunday Times on a possible Sri Lanka Test tour to Pakistan, later in July, he stated ‘no such talks’ had taken place between the cricket boards of Pakistan and Sri Lanka, as reported by international media.

    According to a report published in a Pakistan English Daily newspaper, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is currently in negotiations with the SLC, to host a two-match Test series, part of the ICC Test Championship Programme, beginning from July, soon after the ICC Cricket World Cup.

    Reports say that a top PCB official has confirmed that negotiations are on between Pakistan and Sri Lanka cricket boards on the proposed Test series, ‘but nothing was final as yet’.

    “We have not been contacted by any PCB official and no such discussion ever took place. If there are such reports claiming that negotiations are taking place or took place, they are baseless and untrue,” Silva stated.

    Pakistan have failed to attract any international cricket team to tour for the past decade, owing to security-related issues, following the horrible terrorist attack on the visiting Sri Lankan team, which was playing a Test match, in Lahore on March 3, 2009.

    Pakistan’s hosting venue ever since has been neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates, where the PCB has been successful in hosting foreign teams for bilateral series. With the high cost involved in hosting matches in the UAE, the PCB has been attempting to promote Pakistan again, but have failed to attract many of their counterparts.

    Pakistan hosted Zimbabwe in a ODI and T20 International series in Lahore in 2015, a World XI team comprising players from different Test-playing countries, which included a three-match T20 International series in Lahore and Sri Lanka for a T20 International in Lahore in 2017 and the West Indies for a three-match T20 International series in Karachi last year.

    http://www.sundaytimes.lk/190414/spo...ur-345496.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    956
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,056
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) President Shammi Silva denied any talks of playing Test cricket in Paksitan. Responding to the Sunday Times on a possible Sri Lanka Test tour to Pakistan, later in July, he stated ‘no such talks’ had taken place between the cricket boards of Pakistan and Sri Lanka, as reported by international media.

    According to a report published in a Pakistan English Daily newspaper, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is currently in negotiations with the SLC, to host a two-match Test series, part of the ICC Test Championship Programme, beginning from July, soon after the ICC Cricket World Cup.

    Reports say that a top PCB official has confirmed that negotiations are on between Pakistan and Sri Lanka cricket boards on the proposed Test series, ‘but nothing was final as yet’.

    “We have not been contacted by any PCB official and no such discussion ever took place. If there are such reports claiming that negotiations are taking place or took place, they are baseless and untrue,” Silva stated.

    Pakistan have failed to attract any international cricket team to tour for the past decade, owing to security-related issues, following the horrible terrorist attack on the visiting Sri Lankan team, which was playing a Test match, in Lahore on March 3, 2009.

    Pakistan’s hosting venue ever since has been neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates, where the PCB has been successful in hosting foreign teams for bilateral series. With the high cost involved in hosting matches in the UAE, the PCB has been attempting to promote Pakistan again, but have failed to attract many of their counterparts.

    Pakistan hosted Zimbabwe in a ODI and T20 International series in Lahore in 2015, a World XI team comprising players from different Test-playing countries, which included a three-match T20 International series in Lahore and Sri Lanka for a T20 International in Lahore in 2017 and the West Indies for a three-match T20 International series in Karachi last year.

    http://www.sundaytimes.lk/190414/spo...ur-345496.html
    What the heck? And here I was planning to visit the Karachi Test. I wish PCB somehow pulls this one off now that they have given us some hope.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    What the heck? And here I was planning to visit the Karachi Test. I wish PCB somehow pulls this one off now that they have given us some hope.
    Lol. Peak times.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,157
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    What the heck? And here I was planning to visit the Karachi Test. I wish PCB somehow pulls this one off now that they have given us some hope.
    PCB finalized full itinerary without talking to the other team? Classic PCB.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    24,598
    Mentioned
    1895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    PCB finalized full itinerary without talking to the other team? Classic PCB.
    No, it’s usual for them.

    Rather it’s classic PP - SRL is praised to the moon since they “agreed” to tour PAK, now it’s PCB’s fault that they announced it before confirmation ....... same situation, it would have been BCB’s fault to be a reneger.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,016
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    PCB finalized full itinerary without talking to the other team? Classic PCB.
    It was never finalized, it was just a report. People were jumping to conclusions.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,655
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, it’s usual for them.

    Rather it’s classic PP - SRL is praised to the moon since they “agreed” to tour PAK, now it’s PCB’s fault that they announced it before confirmation ....... same situation, it would have been BCB’s fault to be a reneger.
    Srilankan board palyer and Srilnka as a coubtry is highly reapected in pakistan, unfortunately people do jot have those feeling for bangladesh here in Pakistan.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    24,598
    Mentioned
    1895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Srilankan board palyer and Srilnka as a coubtry is highly reapected in pakistan, unfortunately people do jot have those feeling for bangladesh here in Pakistan.
    No, that's quite predictable actually. When an empire crumbles, people start to find enemies every where, particularly among whom they are threatened most and try to find friends among those who are on same boat or still behind. You'll hardly see much animosity against IND anymore, because they have left PAK Cricket by a generation - it was not the case 5-6 years back as you may check the posts that time; but now even the die hard PAK fan actually avoid touching IND, because it'll burn their hand.

    12 years back, if PAK cricket was standing on same platform where Shadab Khan & Faheem Ashraf are future hopes, I am sure you would have seen the opposite - the then SRL being the villein and BD being friend. And, at this rate I can tell you next in line will be AFGs - PP will be biggest supporters of BD team, when they are facing AFGs, just like opposite of present. I am not sure if that's available now, but try to find few posts from 2006 CT or 2007 WC - definitely SRL wasn't that "popular", and BD didn't draw the same "feeling" that time ....... and it'll definitely change in future as well if Faheem Ashraf become Abdur Razzak or Shadab Khan becomes Shahid Afridi (at least, both).

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,501
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Classic Masala bakwaas that may have effected eventual negotiations..one un-named official was the source. Lets not have a go at the PCB when nobody official said anything..

    any tiny bit of gossip is just magnified on this forum into "the PCB did this and that"..

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,501
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, that's quite predictable actually. When an empire crumbles, people start to find enemies every where, particularly among whom they are threatened most and try to find friends among those who are on same boat or still behind. You'll hardly see much animosity against IND anymore, because they have left PAK Cricket by a generation - it was not the case 5-6 years back as you may check the posts that time; but now even the die hard PAK fan actually avoid touching IND, because it'll burn their hand.

    12 years back, if PAK cricket was standing on same platform where Shadab Khan & Faheem Ashraf are future hopes, I am sure you would have seen the opposite - the then SRL being the villein and BD being friend. And, at this rate I can tell you next in line will be AFGs - PP will be biggest supporters of BD team, when they are facing AFGs, just like opposite of present. I am not sure if that's available now, but try to find few posts from 2006 CT or 2007 WC - definitely SRL wasn't that "popular", and BD didn't draw the same "feeling" that time ....... and it'll definitely change in future as well if Faheem Ashraf become Abdur Razzak or Shadab Khan becomes Shahid Afridi (at least, both).
    India will always be the rival..we aren't great friends with the afghans anymore because of whats happened in the last ten years,,as for this leaving Pakistan behind by a generation, well Ill see what your countries will do if you had to fight a war for ten years and then have the game banned from your home..Bangladesh cricket would simply cease to exist. Same with SL..India would also be effected for a good ten years..

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    24,598
    Mentioned
    1895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    India will always be the rival..we aren't great friends with the afghans anymore because of whats happened in the last ten years,,as for this leaving Pakistan behind by a generation, well Ill see what your countries will do if you had to fight a war for ten years and then have the game banned from your home..Bangladesh cricket would simply cease to exist. Same with SL..India would also be effected for a good ten years..
    We had a fight for 10 months though - between unarmed civilians vs several divisions of armed troops with heavy artillery, air & administrative support, backed by our own traitors, and left with a country bankrupt and every infrastructure destroyed or looted ....... from there on where we have come in 48 years, gives me quite enough confidence that we'll do much better than existing only.

    IND will always be rivals to Pakistanis, no doubt about that - I am taking about animosity (in blog post), not rivalry; that happens on equal terms ... don't think Indians feel much rivalry any more on game though, but I might be wrong. Players are diplomat as well, so obviously you won't hear Indian players boasting that our under strength team got better of PAK twice for the cost of 7 wickets and 69 overs in total on PAK's adopted home. But, PAK Captain do feel that IND might be scared to face them ...... that should give a clue.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,501
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    We had a fight for 10 months though - between unarmed civilians vs several divisions of armed troops with heavy artillery, air & administrative support, backed by our own traitors, and left with a country bankrupt and every infrastructure destroyed or looted ....... from there on where we have come in 48 years, gives me quite enough confidence that we'll do much better than existing only.

    IND will always be rivals to Pakistanis, no doubt about that - I am taking about animosity (in blog post), not rivalry; that happens on equal terms ... don't think Indians feel much rivalry any more on game though, but I might be wrong. Players are diplomat as well, so obviously you won't hear Indian players boasting that our under strength team got better of PAK twice for the cost of 7 wickets and 69 overs in total on PAK's adopted home. But, PAK Captain do feel that IND might be scared to face them ...... that should give a clue.
    and you still havent won anything..we nearly lost everything and have still managed to win trophies..there is no comparison..the Indians will always be up for it..one loss to us is equal to 10 we have lost to them..it hits them hard..see the CT final..and now with Pulwama any loss will hit them..

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,655
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, that's quite predictable actually. When an empire crumbles, people start to find enemies every where, particularly among whom they are threatened most and try to find friends among those who are on same boat or still behind. You'll hardly see much animosity against IND anymore, because they have left PAK Cricket by a generation - it was not the case 5-6 years back as you may check the posts that time; but now even the die hard PAK fan actually avoid touching IND, because it'll burn their hand.

    12 years back, if PAK cricket was standing on same platform where Shadab Khan & Faheem Ashraf are future hopes, I am sure you would have seen the opposite - the then SRL being the villein and BD being friend. And, at this rate I can tell you next in line will be AFGs - PP will be biggest supporters of BD team, when they are facing AFGs, just like opposite of present. I am not sure if that's available now, but try to find few posts from 2006 CT or 2007 WC - definitely SRL wasn't that "popular", and BD didn't draw the same "feeling" that time ....... and it'll definitely change in future as well if Faheem Ashraf become Abdur Razzak or Shadab Khan becomes Shahid Afridi (at least, both).
    May be Srilanka wa not popular on PP but right from my childhood people always cheered for Srilanka .1996 Wc was an example.But I have never found that love for Bangladesh.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,848
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SLC was not aware of negotiations but PCB was negotiating. PCB probably dialled the wrong number and someone in SL is probably rofl

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    May be Srilanka wa not popular on PP but right from my childhood people always cheered for Srilanka .1996 Wc was an example.But I have never found that love for Bangladesh.
    Bangladesh is always seen as the younger brother that betrayed the elder by joining forces with the older brother's rival (India). That's why not many Pakistanis rate bangaldesh. Sri lanka is seen as a better friend.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •