User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

"Babar Azam is our key batsman and Hasan Ali is our key bowler" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking on TV

We have been having top-quality cricket in Pakistan for the past 2-3 years, which is the result of hard-work by our Chief of Staff of Pakistan Army and other security forces

When this trophy circulates in Pakistan then it will generate enthusiasm amongst people and we pray that this trophy will comeback to Pakistan

This trophy will go to all 4 provinces of Pakistan, and on 14th April, we have organized a function at the Moin Khan Academy in Karachi which will be attended by Pakistan's well-known singers

As you know cricket is a sports that is very popular in Pakistan, and in the past 3 years we have had top-quality cricket after an absence of 10 years for which I would like to thank the Chief of Army Staff whose hard work has made this possible

Obviously the PCB has also been instrumental in this and when this trophy goes in front of the people, they will all pray that this trophy comes back to Pakistan

We wanted to try out some players which we did in this series

We wanted to check suitability of some players for 2-3 slots for the World Cup squad which we did

When we sit with the selection committee after the fitness tests then there are a 2-3 players we will need to select 2-3 more players to make the side complete

The more you run around in the heat, the better preparation it will be for the upcoming fitness tests

Let me tell you something about myself that I am very fond of eating

When its time for fitness tests or when tours are coming up, I try and avoid useless things to eat, so I reduce the intake of things that I usually eat a lot

You can eat Biryani but you should not eat in amounts that you would normally eat

If your body is used to certain foods, then you really cannot stay away from it

I like the typical Karachiwallee Biryani and I also like Beef Qorma with sheermal bread

In the ODI Series against Australia, we wanted to have a look at players for the opening slot; in the fast-bowling area, we were looking for 1-2 players [slots] too

Mohammad Hasnain is a good prospect, which is why we put him in the side

We did the same with Shaheen Shah Afrid in the last PSL and we put Hasnain as an emerging player in the Pakistan side

Hasnain showed that he has the capability to become a good fast-bowler

He was in my side during the PSL and the way he bowled in pressure games, he showed that he has talent and can do well for Pakistan

Your key players for the World Cup squad are Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Shah Afridi; these are the kinds of players, including myself, who can perform well for Pakistan in the World Cup

All these are our key players and for the last 1 and a quarter years, we have all been busy working towards the World Cup

I am trying hard to speak slowly, I am practicing a lot about this as a lot of people have pointed that issue to me

So many memes have been made of me [speaking fast] that I say something and its put into a meme so I am trying to speak slowly

We have about 10 games before the World Cup so that will be a good opportunity to practice for the players we asked to rest

I have a very good relationship with Mickey Arthur and he tells me to focus more on the team and I will handle the rest

Mickey comes to the forefront so that the team and captain can focus on their game

All outside pressures are tackled by Mickey, whilst I take care of issues inside the ground

We are nothing without the prayers of our parents

In that incident [in SA], thats what I was saying that brother, where is your mum sitting now and what must your mother have prayed for you

The time when I was captaining U-19s was a time of my youth, and there is a big difference in being captain at U-19 and the national team

Its not easy being captain for any country, and especially so when talking about Asian sides

In non-Asian sides, they will decide on who the captain is and what the pool of players is and then for a year or more no changes happen regardless of the result

You are in trouble in Asian sides as captain if you lose one or 2 series

I never feel or make others feel that I am special because I am captain; I only realize that when people give me respect

Biryani can be of any type but the meat in it has to be good and should have good masala in it

Its very important for the openers to score runs earlier on, similarly strike bowlers need to take wickets

If you look at other sides, you will note that their first 3 batsmen will make the base for the score

We will depend a lot on Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq

I am very hopeful that these two, FZ and IuH, will perform well for Pakistan in the World Cup

Mohammad Hafeez is a key player, alongside Shoaib Malik and we will try and make as much use of their experience as possible

Those who have followed me from U15/17/19 days know that this is how I captain the side and play as well; it doesnt matter if its a club game, PSL match or a Pakistan game

I have made an effort to calm myself but from nowhere the old personality comes out

Most of our players are young so its important to guide them

In the PSL, Hasan Ali bowled really well and once of twice when I faced him, he did not allow me to hit out

Hasan Ali is our key bowler and the way he has shown his commitment by becoming the best bowler in PSL, I am sure that he will perform very well for Pakistan in the World Cup

Babar Azam is our key batsmen and he is also my favourite player

What has happened has happened but what I would like to request the Pakistani nation to pray for us; We will do our utmost and perform beyond our capabilities and try and perform well in the World Cup
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th April 2019 at 23:17.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can eat Biryani but you should not eat in amounts that you would normally eat

The national captain of Pakistan!

Can we have this as the thread title?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biryani should have good meat in it and the masala should be good
    What is he being asked exactly?

Also way to inflate Babar's head before the matches.Babar is a very good batsmen but the way he is praised by everybody i doubt they let him concentrate on his shortcomings.If i was Babar in a team with Mickey and Sarfaraz as the authorities my head would be the size of a gas balloon.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Nothing illustrates the decline of Pakistan cricket more than seeing someone like him lead the team. An embarrassment on and off the pitch.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaptaan shut your critics mouth by winning the WC!

I know you can and you will.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Biryani should have good meat in it and the masala should be good
    What is he being asked exactly?

Also way to inflate Babar's head before the matches.Babar is a very good batsmen but the way he is praised by everybody i doubt they let him concentrate on his shortcomings.If i was Babar in a team with Mickey and Sarfaraz as the authorities my head would be the size of a gas balloon.

About what food he likes etc

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    The national captain of Pakistan!

Can we have this as the thread title?
    What's wrong with eating biryani in normal amounts?

You want him to lie that he doesn't eat biryani.

No Pakistani can ever claim of saying this.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Nothing illustrates the decline of Pakistan cricket more than seeing someone like him lead the team. An embarrassment on and off the pitch.
    Didn't you miss the third quote:

"And I am the key cheerleader"

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Kaptaan shut your critics mouth by winning the WC!

I know you can and you will.
    The player who has a sub 30 average in the last two years and has scored 1 fifty in his last 14 outings?

Anyone who is banking on Sarfraz should not hold their breath.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Biryani can be of any type but the meat in it has to be good and should have good masala in it
    You will hear this from a Pakistani captain only, shockingly unprofessional. That explains where the focus has been.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    You will hear this from a Pakistani captain only, shockingly unprofessional. That explains where the focus has been.
    More like this is Pakistani journalism.

Asking about food etc. while interviewing a sportsman.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Bluestone View Post
    The player who has a sub 30 average in the last two years and has scored 1 fifty in his last 14 outings?

Anyone who is banking on Sarfraz should not hold their breath.
    Sarfraz’s record in England is pretty impressive.

I think he will come good again on the English pitches.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    More like this is Pakistani journalism.

Asking about food etc. while interviewing a sportsman.
    I like the typical Karachiwallee Biryani and I also like Beef Qorma with sheermal bread
    He does not need to provide so much detail. He can provide a simple answer and move on. You will not hear Kane Williamson describing how he likes to put jalapenos, mustard, etc. on his cheeseburger.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A journalist asked that question after Wasim's comments. Atleast it's not generic and automated quotes that Kohli and other captains produce.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pretty sad that one of the reasons of why u hate him is because of how he looks.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz being Captain summarize everything, thos team is mediocre at its best.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Biryani haters out at large again.
    @MenInG I would like request the ban on hate speech against Biryani implemented across the PP.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the typical Karachiwallee Biryani and I also like Beef Qorma with sheermal bread. @Mamoon MashAllah on one side of the border Kohli avoids his favourite food though he was star performer at those time too and we have capatin carrying.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Biryani haters out at large again.
    @MenInG I would like request the ban on hate speech against Biryani implemented across the PP.

Made me sad after hearing what our captain think, and we have fallen behind other nations in cricket for a reason.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly speaking, half of the time he was talking about food, biryani and what not.

Also, his comments paint a worrying picture in terms of WC selection; he claimed Malik and Imam as important members, well here we go!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    A journalist asked that question after Wasim's comments. Atleast it's not generic and automated quotes that Kohli and other captains produce.
    A short and simple answer would have sufficed. There was no need to mention what makes a good a biryani and how qorma tastes better with sheermal. This is seriously embarrassing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Saying a bit too much perhaps.

Some of the comments were a bit awkward to read.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #MakeDesiKhanaGreatAgain

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay so in whole interview people only see the biryani part and even there he was asked that question and he replied honestly.

Isay khtay hain bas keeray nikalna jab bolnay k liye kuch na ho.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Honestly speaking, half of the time he was talking about food, biryani and what not.

Also, his comments paint a worrying picture in terms of WC selection; he claimed Malik and Imam as important members, well here we go!
    That second paragraph of yours is the key take away.
    Hafeez imam Malik all key players.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and malik are key players . it means no haris sohail

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A short and simple answer would have sufficed. There was no need to mention what makes a good a biryani and how qorma tastes better with sheermal. This is seriously embarrassing.
    Nothing about qorma and sheermaal combination is embarrassing.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing beats biryani - Sarfraz is right about that.

Some people on here need to relax a bit.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Hafeez and malik are key players . it means no haris sohail
    & we usually lost both keys on crucial stages.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai biryani to mujhe bhi pasand hai.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    What's wrong with eating biryani in normal amounts?

You want him to lie that he doesn't eat biryani.

No Pakistani can ever claim of saying this.
    funny how u see nothing wrong in this

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jis team mein iss jaise aur hafeez Malik jaise players honge woh team toh phir world cup zaroor jeetege.Rubbish captain.He should have been dropped a long time ago

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Okay so in whole interview people only see the biryani part and even there he was asked that question and he replied honestly.

Isay khtay hain bas keeray nikalna jab bolnay k liye kuch na ho.

read waseem akram's statement.

Then read this.
    Akram said that a sportsman having biryani is not a good thing, and here the national captain is saying that he enjoys biryani.

This shows that the national captain doesnt give two hoots what he eats.

After this read VIrat Kohli's interview how he had to change his diet to improve his fitness and batting

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Pak cricketers don't know how athletes train. They keep doing bicep curls and stuff. I've harldy seen any pakistani player doing strength exercises like deadlifts, snatches, power satches.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    Also Pak cricketers don't know how athletes train. They keep doing bicep curls and stuff. I've harldy seen any pakistani player doing strength exercises like deadlifts, snatches, power satches.
    How are you suppose to know which exercises Pak players do. You are not their fitness trainer.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2019 at 17:38.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get to see a lot of videos dude. Also the fact that they lack in power, fast running suggests that. If u were in fitness u would know that muscles dictate what training you do.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    funny how u see nothing wrong in this
    What is wrong kindly enlighten me

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Wasim Akram was eating it during a test match vs India... we won that test.
    People need to realise that Cricketers exercise a lot. Even if they eat biryani, Nihari and stuff, exercise will reduce the side effects of it.
    They're just trying to find ways to criticise sarfaraz coz of his pendu personality.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Kohli etc also go on similar programs but never get asked such questions - its our Pakistani style - that's all - why do we make such a bog deal out of it?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz does come across as someone who is not strong willed when it comes to what they eat.

They way he talks about food tell you he still thinks of it the way any average Pakistani would.

This is quite sad. Professional athletes need to realize that they need to give up on these luxuries if they are to be at the top of their game.

Sarfraz is a typical foodie and he sees no point in changing himself.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His lack of communication and his poor dealing with the media is embarrassing. We need to train our players on how to do deal with the media. Other captains send messages through their press conferences. Sarfraz just says the textbook stuff.

People are going about the biryani comment which isn’t as big a concern as him saying he will stay away from it close to the fitness tests. That is a awful mentality to have. He only cares about fitness to stay in the side it seems.

His mentality should be to have the best fitness to inspire his team and also be the best player he can.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    IOK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key players fakhar imam Babar Harris shadab Hassan Shaheen Aamir/shinwari

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    His lack of communication and his poor dealing with the media is embarrassing. We need to train our players on how to do deal with the media. Other captains send messages through their press conferences. Sarfraz just says the textbook stuff.

People are going about the biryani comment which isn’t as big a concern as him saying he will stay away from it close to the fitness tests. That is a awful mentality to have. He only cares about fitness to stay in the side it seems.

His mentality should be to have the best fitness to inspire his team and also be the best player he can.

I feel some harsh judgements being thrown around.

Our views of his dealing with the media revolves around what WE want to hear from him.

There are many people in Pakistan who find him the 'people's man' - so lets not judge him on whatever standards of behaviour we prefer.

He won us the Champions Trophy in 2017 and and a u19 world cup also so lets give him our support for the World Cup as he is OUR captain.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Another TV appearance:

"I don't have training to recite Naat but as you know a person who is a Hafiz-e-Quran has good Arabic speech. Also my father was very religious and our household had a lot of emphasis on religion, so I used to read Naat all the time"

"I have completed my education to the intermediate level but I became a Hafiz-e-Quran at the age of 10"

"Although I can never play like him but I do admire and follow the batting of Mohammad Yousuf, also I always like to see the batting of Asad Shafiq but nowadays I really like the batting of Babar Azam"

"I have always considered Moin Khan to be my ideal, and he holds the same status for me now and will do so in future also"

"I am unique in the sense that my journey to captaincy of Pakistan has been through a process, so I captained the U19 side, then the Pakistan A side, I captained in domestic cricket; For the Pakistan side, I first became vice-captain of Pakistan T20I side then became captain and the same for ODI side"

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I feel some harsh judgements being thrown around.

Our views of his dealing with the media revolves around what WE want to hear from him.

There are many people in Pakistan who find him the 'people's man' - so lets not judge him on whatever standards of behaviour we prefer.

He won us the Champions Trophy in 2017 and and a u19 world cup also so lets give him our support for the World Cup as he is OUR captain.

His communication is awful. There is no point in sugar coating around from that.

I will support him, I will be watching the World Cup games so that’s support isn’t it?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things what do you eat & what do you like to eat. I think he was on what do you like to eat. If he would have asked what do you eat then his answer would've different.

& for Indian worshippers
    What Dhoni did yesterday if Sarfraz would have done that then you people would have killed him.

His problem is that he talk more than required, usually motormouth people do this.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    Two things what do you eat & what do you like to eat. I think he was on what do you like to eat. If he would have asked what do you eat then his answer would've different.

& for Indian worshippers
    What Dhoni did yesterday if Sarfraz would have done that then you people would have killed him.

His problem is that he talk more than required, usually motormouth people do this.
    people will complain no matter what so it's best to do whatever one wishes

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    people will complain no matter what so it's best to do whatever one wishes
    Peoples being harsh on him bcz their captaincy contestants failed miserably. Ban on Sirfraz was some sort of blessing. Favorite ATGs being tested & what was the result 7-1 in ODIs and the break of longest T20 winning streak.
    Now at least we are not seeing make Shoaib captain, make imad captain, make shan captain but but but frustration kahin to nikalni hena so why he is eating biryani how dare this evil ate nihari.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    Peoples being harsh on him bcz their captaincy contestants failed miserably. Ban on Sirfraz was some sort of blessing. Favorite ATGs being tested & what was the result 7-1 in ODIs and the break of longest T20 winning streak.
    Now at least we are not seeing make Shoaib captain, make imad captain, make shan captain but but but frustration kahin to nikalni hena so why he is eating biryani how dare this evil ate nihari.
    Excellent post!

There is justified criticism on Sarfraz which is always welcome but some of the serial haters still cant get out of CT when he embarrassed themselves after they were on a rampage against him. And now as their favorites have failed they are mad. Example: See Pak vs Aus series and see how haters were bringing him in every other post. Another Example: Check a latest thread in which Sarfraz said he as captain wants to win against every team and not just India and haters twisted his words and posted gibberish against him.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    think beating Sarf down has become a pastime - give him some breathing space.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His issue is his non performance. I wouldn’t care if he came on masala TV to cook some rotis or sang a song on tv. If he was performing.

Right now, he is proving to be an inept captain who is also blocking the path of the more talented and super fit Mohammad Rizwan who did more in two Odis than Sarfraz has in the last four years in odi cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

‘Not threatened’ by Mohammad Rizwan says Skipper Sarfaraz

Pakistan cricket Sarfaraz Ahmed has stated that he is ‘not threatened’ by budding wicketkeeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan, who is part of the 23 probables called for Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) fitness test for World Cup.

“Why would I have opt to rest [for the Australian series] if I was threatened by Rizwan, nether I have ever thought like that. Rizwan has played alongside me as a batsman, and there was a time once, when I was the team’s vice captain and I was out and he was playing,” said Sarfaraz, while talking to local media.

Rizwan was the star performer for Pakistan in the recently concluded series against Australia. Pakistan lost the series 5-0 however, the wicketkeeper batsman was able to prove his credentials in all departments hitting two centuries in the series.

“If I ever had such issues, then why would I have gave him [Rizwan] the opportunity to play and have rested myself, only the best plays for Pakistan,” Sarfaraz emphasized.

The Pakistan probables will undergo fitness tests at the National Cricket Academy on Monday. This would be a closed session. Whereas, on 16 and 17 April, the remaining probables will participate in training sessions at the Gaddafi Stadium from, which will strictly be vision only opportunities.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/15...ipper-sarfraz/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In one of interviews of mohsin can he said , imran used to call every player a superstar and everyone used to think that he can win the match.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great sense of humor from a great captain..
    #OneBiryaniOneLove

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Players’ families not allowed to travel with Pakistan team during World Cup

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Friday rejected a suggestion from national team captain Sarfaraz Ahmed to have players’ families travelling with them during the World Cup in England.

“Yes there was a suggestion from the captain and players that they should be allowed to have their wives and children with them in England during the World Cup but the board has not allowed this,” an official source in the board said.

He said instead permission had been granted to the players that their wives and children could be with them during the ODI series against England but they would have to leave before the World Cup.

The source said the board wanted the players to be totally focussed on cricket during the World Cup.

“This decision has been taken by the team management,” he said.

Sarfaraz, in an interview to a television channel, made it clear he was in favour of allowing players to have their families with them, especially on long tours.

“The World Cup and our tour of England is a long one. I believe that even cricketing wise it helps a player relax if his family is with him,” the Pakistan skipper said.

“When a player returns to his room after a day’s tensions and pressure it helps to have your family. A player wants to relax and unwind after a hard day. In Pakistan, we can go out with our friends and relatives to relax but we can’t get that atmosphere abroad.

“So I think if you have your wife and children you can focus on them and spend time with them and this helps you relax mentally for the next day as well,” he said.

Another source said this time the board and team management had also decided to restrict the use of social media network for the players during the World Cup.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...d-cup-5685054/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Obviously you love biryani. There is no surprise he looks the way he does.

Overthinking will kill you.