Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

PCB announces Pakistan team schedule ahead of departure to England for 2019 World Cup

Schedule of Pakistan men’s cricket team’s training and media conferences from 13-22 April

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 squad to be announced on 18 April at 530pm

Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and coach Mickey Arthur to hold their joint departure press conference on 22 April at 115pm

Lahore, 12 April 2019:

The following is the schedule of the Pakistan men’s cricket team from 13-22 April:

13 April – Left-arm spinner Mohammad Nawaz will undergo fitness test at the National Cricket Academy. This will be a closed session. His fitness test has been advanced on the request of State Bank, which wants him to play in their Patron’s Trophy Grade-II opener against Army in Rawalpindi.

15 April – The remaining 22 probables will undergo fitness tests at the National Cricket Academy. This is a closed session.

16 and 17 April – The remaining 22 probables will participate in training sessions at the Gaddafi Stadium from 0900. These will strictly be vision only opportunities.

18 April –At 530pm, Chairman of Pakistan men’s selection committee, Inzamam-ul-Haq, will announce the 15-player squad for the tour of England, which also includes the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Apart from the 15 World Cup players, two reserve players will also accompany the team for the bilateral series against England.

The following is the Pakistan cricket team’s schedule of England:

Series v England

23 April – Departure for England
    27 April – v Kent (50-over practice match) (d)
    29 April – v Northamptonshire (50-over match) (d)
    1 May – v Leicestershire (T20 match) (d/n)
    5 May – v England (only T20I), Cardiff (d)
    8 May – 1st ODI v England, The Oval (d/n)
    11 May – 2nd ODI v England, Hampshire (d)
    14 May – 3rd ODI v England, Bristol (d/n)
    17 May – 4th ODI v England, Trent Bridge (d/n)
    19 May – 5th ODI v England, Leeds (d)

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 schedule

24 May – v Afghanistan (warm-up), Bristol (d)
    26 May – v Bangladesh (warm-up), Cardiff (d)
    31 May – v Windies, Trent Bridge (d)
    3 June – v England, Trent Bridge (d)
    7 June – v Sri Lanka, Bristol (d)
    12 June – v Australia, Taunton (d)
    16 June – v India, Old Trafford (d)
    23 June – v South Africa, Lord’s (d)
    26 June – v New Zealand, Edgbaston (d)
    29 June – v Afghanistan, Headingley (d)
    5 July – v Bangladesh, Lord’s (d/n)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2019 at 16:44.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out of the 23 probables, 5 are playing in the Pakistan Cup i.e. Abid Ali, Rizwan, Junaid Khan, Nawaz and Asif Ali. I believe that these 5 have no chance of making the World Cup squad.

So out of the remaining 18 players, 15 will be in the World Cup squad and 2 will travel to England as standby players. Besides the almost certain 14 players, the remaining four are Shan, Yasir, Abbas and Hasnain. Only one of these four will miss out on the England touring party.

I think either Abbas or Hasnain will miss out altogether while the other will travel as a reserve. The final slot in the squad will probably go to Shan while Yasir will be a reserve player although it is a tricky one considering the fitness situation of both Imad and Shadab. We might see Yasir making the main squad at the expense of Shan.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtaz View Post
    Out of the 23 probables, 5 are playing in the Pakistan Cup i.e. Abid Ali, Rizwan, Junaid Khan, Nawaz and Asif Ali. I believe that these 5 have no chance of making the World Cup squad.

So out of the remaining 18 players, 15 will be in the World Cup squad and 2 will travel to England as standby players. Besides the almost certain 14 players, the remaining four are Shan, Yasir, Abbas and Hasnain. Only one of these four will miss out on the England touring party.

I think either Abbas or Hasnain will miss out altogether while the other will travel as a reserve. The final slot in the squad will probably go to Shan while Yasir will be a reserve player although it is a tricky one considering the fitness situation of both Imad and Shadab. We might see Yasir making the main squad at the expense of Shan.
    Asif Ali will definitely play if Umar akmal is not selected.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtaz View Post

So Inzi still adamant to take on both Yasir and Ababs. Looks like he doesn't have best interest in our cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wow these guys will be away from home from 3rd week of April to beginning of July or possibly middle of July assuming by a mere miracle they reach the final. Tough lives these cricketers have. They have been on the road non-stop since September 2018, this is almost like 75% of the year they have been travelling. I know the PCB allows family to travel with the players but this is nothing like spending time at home with your own people.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    So Inzi still adamant to take on both Yasir and Ababs. Looks like he doesn't have best interest in our cricket.
    Sarfraz has already said Yasir is not going to the WC

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Wow these guys will be away from home from 3rd week of April to beginning of July or possibly middle of July assuming by a mere miracle they reach the final. Tough lives these cricketers have. They have been on the road non-stop since September 2018, this is almost like 75% of the year they have been travelling. I know the PCB allows family to travel with the players but this is nothing like spending time at home with your own people.
    They're going there to do something good for their own people and if they can win it that would really be something worthy done.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif ali is going. Yasir is not.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be arriving much before any other side for the coming WC. No excuses or anything like "not used to conditions" if we do poorly. The players have had plenty of rest and time to prepare as well, no excuses will be accepted now.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    We will be arriving much before any other side for the coming WC. No excuses or anything like "not used to conditions" if we do poorly. The players have had plenty of rest and time to prepare as well, no excuses will be accepted now.
    Yeah. We should be properly prepared come WC time. Kudos to the PCB for arranging this.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Asif ali is going. Yasir is not.
    Something you know I don't?