Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I can perform the role of a hitter and finisher for the Pakistan side" : Khushdil Shah

24-year-old Khyber Pakhtunkhwa player Khushdil Shah has impressed all with his aggressive batting style which saw him hit 316 runs at an average of 105.33 and a strike rate of 131.12 to be the second highest run-getter in the recently concluded Pakistan Cup.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Khushdil spoke about his disappointment at not being a part of this year's PSL, his fine performances in the Pakistan Cup, his preference for batting in the middle-order and why he feels he is now ready to represent Pakistan.

PakPassion.net: Were you disappointed at not being picked for any side in PSL 4?

Khushdil Shah:
    I was part of the Peshawar Zalmi squad for two seasons of the Pakistan Super League in 2017 and 2018. But unfortunately, I got to play just 3 innings in those two years which sort of tells a story in itself. I suppose it was a question of how the side was doing at that time and possibly the pressures of the PSL which probably didnít allow them to play me more often. In addition, the position in the batting order didnít work for me either in those two years. But my biggest disappointment was this year where I wasnít even picked by any side. The fact that I had worked very hard to bring myself to the notice of PSL sides and was still overlooked was very disheartening. I had performed very well in domestic cricket before the drafts and also topped the charts in One-Day games but all that was to no avail. Not only that, I performed outstandingly well in the National T20 tournament as well so not being selected for PSL was a shock and even more disappointing was that no one explained to me the reason for being ignored.

PakPassion.net: How do you feel about your excellent performances in the Pakistan Cup?

Khushdil Shah:
    I must thank the Almighty and the prayers of my family and friends for my performances in the 2019 Pakistan Cup. The truth is that I had worked very hard to get myself ready to be included in the PSL but as we know that did not happen. During that one month or so when the PSL was being played, I put my head down and worked even harder to fix any problems in my technique and weak points. During this time, I didnít have any help from any professional coach, I just worked on my own with some players who helped me in the nets which makes me very proud of my achievements in the Pakistan Cup.

PakPassion.net: What changes have you made to improve your batting recently?

Khushdil Shah:
    I donít think my batting style has changed but I suppose one can say itís about being given the opportunity to perform which is what I have had playing for FATA. To be honest if I were playing in the same number 5-6 position in the batting order for a Karachi or Lahore side, then I would probably have been in the Pakistan side by now. I suppose this is down to oneís fate, but the fact is that I am playing for FATA in domestic cricket and batting at this late a position in the batting order, and I am still averaging close to 50 with a strike rate of around 98 in List A games. I sometimes am not sure what else I can do to make it to the national side as I am doing all that is asked of me, including batting so well in One-Day games even when I come to bat a time when there arenít that many overs left to play.

PakPassion.net: It seems that you donít need that many overs to score big runs?

Khushdil Shah:
    Like any other aspiring batsman, I want to play at the highest position possible. So, my wish is to play at the number 3 or 4 position so I can score more runs and help the side even more. But thatís not happened for me yet. In the past few years, I was playing in the Pakistan Cup at the number 7-8 position usually due to the fact that the star players in the side did not know how well I could perform so they would push me to a lower order position where it wasnít always possible to perform at my best. In the Pakistan Cup, the sides donít get that much time to settle in as a unit before the games start, so I donít really blame anyone for this, but I could have done better in previous editions of the Pakistan Cup whilst batting in a better position. Thankfully now after playing the Pakistan Cup a few times, the team management has started to recognise my talent and put me in the right position in the batting order. Before this, I would get to bat very late and just get a few overs to try and prove myself which was a near impossible task. So, it's good to see that my talent is being recognised and now I am getting 20-25 overs to bat and the results have been there for all to see.

PakPassion.net: Given that there seems to be a lack of power-hitters and finishers in the Pakistan batting line-up, do you think you can fill that gap in the national side?

Khushdil Shah:
    Of course, I feel that I can perform the role of a hitter and a finisher for the Pakistan side. If you look at the first Pakistan Cup 2019 game that I played, I was able to hit 40 in 56 balls and remain not out to help my side to victory despite that fact that I was running out of partners. I was surprised by the fact that some analysts and commentators were saying that I was playing too slow and should have scored more. But what I was thinking was that if I had lost my wicket in trying to score fast, we could have easily lost the game. In the next game, I scored 154 not out in just 96 balls to take my team to another victory which shows that I am able to adjust my game as per the match situation. All I can say is that I have the ability to elevate my game based upon the situation as the idea is not to just score runs but to help the side win so I am sure I can play that role for Pakistan too.

PakPassion.net: What is the secret behind your ability to hit big shots with so much ease?

Khushdil Shah:
    I really feel that my training and hard-work is behind my ability to hit the big shots with ease. Apart from One-Day matches, I also get to take part in Twenty20 games, so I have put in even more effort to train myself to play big run-scoring shots.

PakPassion.net: Did the presence of good pitches in the Pakistan Cup aid you with your style of batting?

Khushdil Shah:
    I have put in a lot of effort into my batting and I feel that it doesnít matter what sort of pitch I am playing on as I have the ability to score on all sorts of surfaces. If you look at my statistics, I have a batting average of close to 50 in 54 List A games in which I have scored 10 fifties and 8 hundreds. I am very confident that my strike rate in domestic List A is possibly the best at the moment amongst all players so really it's not just the pitches in the Pakistan Cup which are behind my success and I feel that I can succeed on all pitches and in all conditions.

PakPassion.net: Would you say that your off-side game is rather weak and does need work?

Khushdil Shah:
    All bowlers look to bowl to the weak side of a batsman as that is the best chance of limiting run-scoring and also getting the playerís wicket. What we see in todayís game is that bowlers are hesitant to bowl too much on the off-side as it is due to fielding restrictions. So, it appears that a player like me is not scoring that much on the off-side. If you look at my batting, you will note that any balls that I got on my off-stump have been dispatched for runs and I havenít spared any ball that deserved to be hit on the off-side.

PakPassion.net: Are you more comfortable batting in the middle-order or the late-order as a finisher?

Khushdil Shah:
    My preference is to come into bat as a middle-order player as if I am given the chance to come at that position, I am confident that I can perform even better than what I am doing now. As I have said before, batting in the lower-order I have managed to hit 8 hundreds then its logical to think that I can do much better by playing in the middle-order too.

PakPassion.net: How complimentary have the experienced players been about your batting?

Khushdil Shah:
    I am very lucky that I have some excellent senior colleagues in my Khyber Pakhtunkhwa side who have really appreciated my batting and also given me a lot of confidence. A few of them, like Wahab Riaz have seen me bat before and have a lot of trust in my abilities which is very satisfying to me.

PakPassion.net: Are you confident that the level of your fielding and fitness is comparable to an international standard?

Khushdil Shah:
    These are two aspects of my cricket on which I have been working very hard upon and I am confident that I can pass the same fitness test that Mickey Arthur and his staff have set for the national team.

PakPassion.net: Do you feel you are ready to make the jump from domestic to international cricket?

Khushdil Shah:
    From what I have seen in the past few years, players who have done well in the Pakistan Cup have easily adapted to life at the international level. Similarly, I am hopeful that with the experience of scoring two hundreds in the Pakistan Cup this year and helping my side win with those innings, I am more than ready to make the jump to international cricket if the selectors give me a chance.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    A very confident young man and needs a chance for sure but World Cup looks unlikely for him.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    His two hundreds in the Pakistan Cup.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should definitely be in the odi team post world cup :

1. Fakhar Zaman
    2. Abid Ali
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Haris Sohail
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Sarfaraz
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Hasnain

Bench: Imad, Imam, Amir, Asif Ali

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Such a shame that PSL didnt entertain him

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to him post world cup squad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t impressed by him when he made his debut in the PSL but he has improved his game a lot since then. He seems to really love and revise his stats.

We don’t have players with his profile, so he deserves a chance in the next T20 series.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame that we are carrying mediocre players like Imam, Shoaib Malik instead of this young player who is aggressive and can be a potential match winner. I just hate our WC squad full of anchors and no match winners. Sorry to say Sarfraz, shoaib, Imam and Harris Sohail (maybe) will not win games for you. Mark my words. None of those guys instill any fear to the opposition. They will be content on setting up target of 250 runs.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good player and will be in team in near future, might not be in wc but not too late.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leg side hack.. wonít last more than a few overs in international cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    Leg side hack.. won’t last more than a few overs in international cricket.
    Read the interview.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Read the interview.
    Read it, saying one thing and doing it on the big stage are two different things. And we must also not forget the quality of the bowlers who were bowling to him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    salman butt was saying in post match conference if you need someone to hit and finish gamss, there you have it khushdil is better than Asif ali and umar akmal he is a 100 scoring player

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Read it, saying one thing and doing it on the big stage are two different things. And we must also not forget the quality of the bowlers who were bowling to him.
    And we have seen him playing in the big stage?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís the hype that is created on pp to make him look like another big hitter, best to keep your expectations low

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    illogical argument
    1. if inzamam wasn't played in 1992 semi final against new Zealand Pakistan wouldn't have won world cup as every selector , coach and players like miadad thought of him as big fat guy who has no talent, they asked where the hell did this guy come in the team
    2. if fakhar zaman didn't play champions trophy and you would have continued to play ahmed shehzad and said you know fakhar is a domestic bulley and just plaus slog think about result itbwould have been different

its negative thinking sayimg you know lets not try him he has played at big stage or he hasn't international quality

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hack seems to be the go to word for majority of PPers ;)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís the hype that is created on pp to make him look like another big hitter, best to keep your expectations low
    why keep expectations low???? are you some kind of future visionary that you know he is going to fail

there no hyoe this guy deserves the number 6 spot whether you like it or not

as inzamam in 1 press conference that sometimes people perform alot but don't get the sport for e.g in Anwar and sohail times no opener got a look in and sometimes guy performes less and he finds a spot in the side becuase you need a player at that position for e.g we need khushdil right now at 6

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he is now a much improved player , what I saw of him in previous PSL did not look very impressive at all.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Hope he is now a much improved player , what I saw of him in previous PSL did not look very impressive at all.
    if you read the interview, you will see that he only played 3 innings at tough times.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    illogical argument
    1. if inzamam wasn't played in 1992 semi final against new Zealand Pakistan wouldn't have won world cup as every selector , coach and players like miadad thought of him as big fat guy who has no talent, they asked where the hell did this guy come in the team
    2. if fakhar zaman didn't play champions trophy and you would have continued to play ahmed shehzad and said you know fakhar is a domestic bulley and just plaus slog think about result itbwould have been different

its negative thinking sayimg you know lets not try him he has played at big stage or he hasn't international quality
    You quoted the wrong person! @MenInG is actually defending Khushdil in response to the poster who claims he wont be able to do it on the big stage.

However, I agree with your post. We know what the likes of Malik will do in the lower order so we're better off throwing the dice and playing a wild card like Khushdil!

Aanay do!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    This lad has worked hard on his game and shown huge signs of improvement and for that he deserves credit.

I'd rather the selectors gave lads like this a chance than picking the same tried and tested failures.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ex-captain says Khushdil Shah is Pakistan’s ‘star in a making’

Pakistan former captain Salman Butt has praised his Khyber Pakhtunkhwa teammate Khushdil Shah, saying that the youngster is Pakistan’s next ‘star in a making.’

Butt, who led the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to the Pakistan Cup crown, was of the view that Shah has got all the ingredients much needed by Pakistan team.

“Pakistan cricket team doesn’t have match finishers and power-hitters, so the management is always in search of it, they try Asif Ali then they try Umar Akmal. I think other than these two Khushdil is such an addition who is capable to hit both spinners and fast bowler, and can hit big as well,” said Salman Butt, at the post match conference.

The former captain added the best thing about Khushdil Shah was his ability to play big innings. “The one special trait about him that is not found in many is that he is a player who hits hundreds and is capable to finish the match as well. So if our high ups invest some time on him then I am hopeful that Pakistan has a star in a making,” he added.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa beat Balochistan by nine runs at the finals of Pakistan Cup on Friday, at the Rawalpindi Stadium.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/13...r-in-a-making/

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves a go against England.

Hope Mickey takes him along with Haris.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    This lad has worked hard on his game and shown huge signs of improvement and for that he deserves credit.

I'd rather the selectors gave lads like this a chance than picking the same tried and tested failures.
    With very limited batting talent coming out of Pakistan , every such players who can play at a modern day SR, needs to be given a chance at higher level. No doubt he has sent a timely reminder to selectors.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    illogical argument

FYI: Inzamam was not a big fat guy in 1992,

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you read the interview, you will see that he only played 3 innings at tough times.
    Agree, if Haussain Talat and Sahibzada can be given chances at national level, why not this guy.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    FYI: Inzamam was not a big fat guy in 1992,
    Refer to imran khan's interview about inzamam
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th April 2019 at 12:29.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy deserves an opportunity in the team post world cup. He could be player to watch out for come the t20 world cup..

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Leg side hack.. won’t last more than a few overs in international cricket.
    Correct.

How easily everyone gets on the hype train. Without looking at the game..

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hack indeed.He won't succeed against international bowlers.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible Gujjar View Post
    A hack indeed.He won't succeed against international bowlers.
    I think you must be Fortuneteller , you know the future congrats

As circuit said in movie munna bhai jiski kundli mai 100 wo team kay andar 1100 not out hum kabi haray hi gay ni
    Last edited by b.lesner; 14th April 2019 at 20:11.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Every single FC player in Pakistan will say he is ready for international cricket and can do this and that for the country. Over the years I have seen so many failures so now I will only believe it when I see it. Wish him all the best.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is he against fast bowlers? Can he hit them clean like Pollard or Lynn or Gayle or Russell?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really shocked no one asked about him to inzi

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea but can he hit quality fast bowlers who bowl 140 and above?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilustcricket View Post
    Yea but can he hit quality fast bowlers who bowl 140 and above?
    Well he hit haris rauf yorker over long on for six

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really shocked no one asked about him to inzi
    What has he done to prove he is ready for international cricket? Absolutely nothing.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    What has he done to prove he is ready for international cricket? Absolutely nothing.
    He performed in the most recent Pakistan Cup and did much better than Asif Ali who is a tried and tested failure in ODIs.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    He performed in the most recent Pakistan Cup and did much better than Asif Ali who is a tried and tested failure in ODIs.
    The same Pakistan Cup in which the legends such as Wahab Riaz are leading wicket-takers? Don't take these tournaments seriously. It's a good starting point to identify talent but you can't assume someone is going to be a world-beater based on a few good performances in this joke of a tournament

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same Pakistan Cup in which the legends such as Wahab Riaz are leading wicket-takers? Don't take these tournaments seriously. It's a good starting point to identify talent but you can't assume someone is going to be a world-beater based on a few good performances in this joke of a tournament
    8 list A hundreds, averaging 47 with SR 97 isn't enough for you at just 24 years of age

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 list A hundreds, averaging 47 with SR 97 isn't enough for you at just 24 years of age
    He's got potential but when he got a chance at the big stage PSL he flattered to deceive. He didn't look international quality at all yet some people think he'd make a difference at the World Cup.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

PakPassion.net: Would you say that your off-side game is rather weak and does need work?

Khushdil Shah:
    All bowlers look to bowl to the weak side of a batsman as that is the best chance of limiting run-scoring and also getting the player’s wicket. What we see in today’s game is that bowlers are hesitant to bowl too much on the off-side as it is due to fielding restrictions. So, it appears that a player like me is not scoring that much on the off-side. If you look at my batting, you will note that any balls that I got on my off-stump have been dispatched for runs and I haven’t spared any ball that deserved to be hit on the off-side.

What type of response is this?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, just because tried and tested failures performed doesn't mean you don't give a chance to someone who isn't tried or tested.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, just because tried and tested failures performed doesn't mean you don't give a chance to someone who isn't tried or tested.
    That's not what I'm saying. I said you can identify talent and try and do the best for them such as getting PSL contracts for them or trying to maximise their potentials in the FC set up. But you can't just pull someone out of the Pakistan Cup and put them in the Pakistan side for the Cricket World Cup.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's not what I'm saying. I said you can identify talent and try and do the best for them such as getting PSL contracts for them or trying to maximise their potentials in the FC set up. But you can't just pull someone out of the Pakistan Cup and put them in the Pakistan side for the Cricket World Cup.
    You mean kind of like Mohammad Hasnain? Yeah I'd have to agree with that... Although he hasn't even played any proper domestic cricket, only a T20 league + 3 ODIs.

Could have definitely selected Shah for the England series or even the one off T20.
    Last edited by Chokli; 22nd April 2019 at 02:54.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean kind of like Mohammad Hasnain? Yeah I'd have to agree with that... Although he hasn't even played any proper domestic cricket, only a T20 league + 3 ODIs.

Could have definitely selected Shah for the England series or even the one off T20.
    I don't think Hasnain should be in the WC squad either. We can give Khushdil Shah a go once we are sure he's good enough for international cricket. He flopped in the PSL, and he hasn't really done anything special for Pakistan A.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think Hasnain should be in the WC squad either. We can give Khushdil Shah a go once we are sure he's good enough for international cricket. He flopped in the PSL, and he hasn't really done anything special for Pakistan A.
    We can only know he is good enough for International Cricket when he is given a chance in International Cricket.

Anyhow, yes after the World Cup they should definitely try him out.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can only know he is good enough for International Cricket when he is given a chance in International Cricket.

Anyhow, yes after the World Cup they should definitely try him out.
    True, but PSL and Pakistan A were his best chances to show he's ready for international cricket and he flopped. He might have improved though. If he can give a strong showing in the next domestic season, then he will have a great chance of a Pakistan call up.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    A good prospect for Pakistan, never know about injuries etc in World Cup squad

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should also suggest at what average he will score