Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 287
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    35,291
    Mentioned
    1591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    India announce squad for 2019 World Cup

    Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Vijay Shankar, MSD (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd Shami


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Great squad. Karthik over Pant is a blunder though.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Great squad. Karthik over Pant is a blunder though.
    only 3 fast bowlers.Dont you think atleast 4 fast bowlers were needed.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Selecting jadeja is a big blunder

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Sharjah ,UAE
    Runs
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is ashwin ? Jadeja over ashwin

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,517
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pathetic to select jadeja. Needed another fast bowler instead. Australia got it right. They are playing plenty of quicks and only 2 spinners.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    503
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has missed a trick here. Should have picked one more genuine fast bowler may be Umesh.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    only 3 fast bowlers.Dont you think atleast 4 fast bowlers were needed.
    I think they saw 2 bowlers in Shankar & Pandya... Also I don't think there are any other decent pacers (ready as of now), even if selected they would mostly be passengers! So I don't have much complaint about this! Also Jadeja is a good substitute spinner (+ fielder) who can play if needed if a replacement is needed for the main spinners! The only problem I have with this selection is DK. He will be the only passenger I think in this squad! Glad we got rid of Rayudu! Much relieved about that!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    only 3 fast bowlers.Dont you think atleast 4 fast bowlers were needed.
    In my view, it was 50-50 between Jadeja and another pacer and you can make a case either way. Overall, it is a very good squad that is very capable of going all the way.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,891
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks solid and with Kohli and Bumrah, they should win the WC, overall the pace bowling looks weaker than ours bar Bumrah. The top 4 look very good but if teams knock out the 1st 3, it's no better than any other team.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    India has missed a trick here. Should have picked one more genuine fast bowler may be Umesh.
    Umesh would have got selected if had assured that quality! He lacks a lot of it! And other pacers have also not brought much hope!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah fair point.
    I think jadhav will also be a passenger ,he usually scores soft runs and his bowling has been figured out.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    112,851
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    SK Prasad, India's chief selector said his committee covered the best possible squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup and added all bases have been covered in the 15-man squad led by Virat Kohli. The selection committee left out Rishabh Pant and Ambati Rayudu while all-rounder Vijay Shankar made the cut as a batsman who can bowl.

    MSK Prasad spoke to the media in Mumbai and named the squad in the presence of Amitabh Chaudhary and said his committee has selected one of the most balanced Indian teams.

    "In the last one year or so, these two wrist spinners have done well. Wickets might be a bit more dry. Jadeja might come in handy," MSK Prasad said on Monday.

    "After the Champions Trophy, we have tried a few middle order options. We gave a few more chances to Rayudu but what Vijay Shankar offers is 3 dimensional. If the conditions are overcast. he might bowl a bit and he is a fantastic fielder. He is a batsman who can bowl.

    "In the team, we have the luxury of 7 bowlers. We have covered all the bases and this is one of the most balanced Indian sides for the World Cup," Prasad said.

    MSK Prasad revealed the Khaleel Ahmed and Navdeep Saini were also discussed as back-up pacers and added they would be on stand-by and will fly down to England if the need arises.

    "Khaleel and Saini were discussed and they will be around. If the need arises, one of them will go to England," he said.

    India's World Cup preparation started soon after the Champions Trophy in England two years ago. India had lost the final to Pakistan and it was then that the selectors decided to try out two wrist spinners in Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav.

    "We had been planning soon after the completion of the Champions Trophy but in the last month or two, a couple of players like Vijay Shankar cropped up," MSK Prasad said.

    Earlier, Virat Kohli and MSK Prasad had insisted IPL performances would not affect India's team selection for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. India have done well in ODIs over the last one year.

    In 2018, India won their first ever ODI series in South Africa, won the Asia Cup, defeated West Indies at home and won away series in Australia and New Zealand. However, India had lost a 3-match ODI series in England in 2018.

    India's top-3 have done the bulk of the scoring over the last several years but Shikhar Dhawan's recent form has been cause for concern. The onus will once again be on Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli while India will expect MS Dhoni to carry on the good work he started in Australia where he hit 3 fifties in 3 ODIs and won the man-of-the-series award.

    The main strike force in the pace department picked themselves. Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar have done incredibly well for India while the two wrist spinners Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav will be a force to reckon with.

    India begin their World Cup campaign against South Africa in Southampton on June 5. India's next match will be against defending champions Australia at Kennington Oval, London before they take on New Zealand in Nottingham 4 days later.

    India play the high-profile clash against Pakistan on June 16 in Manchester before returning to Southampton to play Afghanistan on June 22. India then play West Indies (June 27). Bangladesh (July 2) and Sri Lanka (July 6).

    https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...244-2019-04-15


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Karthik is a poor player - always was and always will be. I don’t buy the excuse that he has got the nod because of his relatively better keeping.

    While Pant needs to improve his glove work, he has an enormously high ceiling with the bat and can turn a game on its head in a few overs.

    Over the last 12 months, he has developed an aura and a fear factor that Karthik can only dream of.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    503
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Umesh would have got selected if had assured that quality! He lacks a lot of it! And other pacers have also not brought much hope!
    Same is the case with Bhuvi. He has been mediocre since last few months. Shami and bumrah are only two bowlers who are in good touch.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,452
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    weak batting after top 3 bowling relies on bumrah . Average squad


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,517
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Karthik is a poor player - always was and always will be. I don’t buy the excuse that he has got the nod because of his relatively better keeping.

    While Pant needs to improve his glove work, he has an enormously high ceiling with the bat and can turn a game on its head in a few overs.

    Over the last 12 months, he has developed an aura and a fear factor that Karthik can only dream of.
    It was going to be one of DK or Rayudu. Considering how rubbish a cricketer Rayudu is overall I'd take DK over him.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    India has missed a trick here. Should have picked one more genuine fast bowler may be Umesh.
    its better to go with a 14 man squad instead of selecting umesh,he is india's own version of wahab riaz

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    503
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Karthik is a poor player - always was and always will be. I don’t buy the excuse that he has got the nod because of his relatively better keeping.

    While Pant needs to improve his glove work, he has an enormously high ceiling with the bat and can turn a game on its head in a few overs.

    Over the last 12 months, he has developed an aura and a fear factor that Karthik can only dream of.
    WC 2019 is not the last WC. They will mold him into better and responsible batter for next 4 years. He has been nothing more than a slogger in recent times.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    It was going to be one of DK or Rayudu. Considering how rubbish a cricketer Rayudu is overall I'd take DK over him.
    Rayudu has failed to live up to his promise, but he is still a better batsman than Karthik. I believe he has missed out because of Shankar.

    Few months back, Rayudu was certain to go to the World Cup as India’s number four, but Shankar came out of the blue and stole his thunder.

    Karthik over Pant is just an example of the selectors conservatism and their fear that the middle-order will not hold up if the top 3 fail.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    WC 2019 is not the last WC. They will mold him into better and responsible batter for next 4 years. He has been nothing more than a slogger in recent times.
    Yes he is set for a 15 year career, but he is already ready. All he needs is a little backing and he will fly.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor squad. Can't believe we are taking so many passengers (6) for a tourney which comes every 4 years.

    We'd be lucky to qualify for semis with this squad. For that, Kohli and only Kohli will be blamed.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our batting is wafer thin. If top-3 flounder, expect sub-200 scores in most of our games.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,753
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So a playing XI of:

    Dhawan
    Sharma
    Kohli
    Shankar/Karthik
    Kedar
    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Jadeja (or Shami depending on the pitch)
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we've selected our WC squad, here is my list of contenders for the WC,

    1) England
    2) Australia
    3) New Zealand
    4/5/6) South Africa/India/Pakistan (in no particular order)
    7) West Indies
    8/9) Sri Lanka/Bangladesh
    10) Afghanistan

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy MSK was such a talentless cricketer in his playing days. He is displaying same form as our chief selector. Thank you CoA.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,163
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja Always some how sneak in the squad.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja will prove to be such a disaster on English flatties just like last CT. Thank you grandpa.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good squad! DK over Pant any day of the week! Once Chahal finishes his quota of overs I don't want to see this midget anywhere in the ground! Jadeja should come over as a substitute. Happy to see Rayudu and Pant's exclusion! They did nothing noteworthy to make it to WC squad! Excited to see how Shankar/Rahul would perform as #4. Go India Go!

    What a sad end to Rayudu's intl.cricketing career. It's about time he applies for CSK's Batting coach assistant position from next year! ;)

    India's WC captaincy is in the safe hands of Thala and the chump Kohli can focus on his batting happily!

    An important WC for Rahul, Shankar, Jadhav and the posterboy Pandya! Hope they don't disappoint!
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 15th April 2019 at 17:12.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    So a playing XI of:

    Dhawan
    Sharma
    Kohli
    Shankar/Karthik
    Kedar
    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Jadeja (or Shami depending on the pitch)
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah
    Chahal is a certain starter. Jadeja is only a backup option or when three spinners are required (highly unlikely though).

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Karthik is a poor player - always was and always will be. I don’t buy the excuse that he has got the nod because of his relatively better keeping.

    While Pant needs to improve his glove work, he has an enormously high ceiling with the bat and can turn a game on its head in a few overs.

    Over the last 12 months, he has developed an aura and a fear factor that Karthik can only dream of.

    It's not about backup wicket keeper batsman only. If the need arises, Karthick can be played as a specialist batsman. Pant can't be, because of his poor fielding skills. And Pant is also unreliable, that might have gone against him.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraRules View Post
    It's not about backup wicket keeper batsman only. If the need arises, Karthick can be played as a specialist batsman. Pant can't be, because of his poor fielding skills. And Pant is also unreliable, that might have gone against him.
    Karthik is no Jadeja in the field either. He has dropped a few sitters lately.

    In terms of batting, both are equally like to fail. However, Pant at his best can produce the type of innings that are well and truly beyond Karthik.

    On his day, Pant can smash a 70 in 40 balls, while Karthik’s best would be something like 70 in 80.

    India already have 3-4 batsmen who can occupy the crease and play long innings, which is why they should have gone for Pant who is a high impact player like Pandya.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja is Expected. Best Fielder in the team. Will play every match as a substitute, if he is not playing 11.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Very good squad! DK over Pant any day of the week! Once Chahal finishes his quota of overs I don't want to see this midget anywhere in the ground! Jadeja should come over as a substitute. Happy to see Rayudu and Pant's exclusion! They did nothing noteworthy to make it to WC squad! Excited to see how Shankar/Rahul would perform as #4. Go India Go!

    What a sad end to Rayudu's intl.cricketing career. It's about time he applies for CSK's Batting coach assistant position from next year! ;)

    India's WC captaincy is in the safe hands of Thala and the chump Kohli can focus on his batting happily!

    An important WC for Rahul, Shankar, Jadhav and the posterboy Pandya! Hope they don't disappoint!
    so who will be blamed if india loses the world cup chump or thala
    and yes who was behind the ct 2017 loss chump or thala

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    so who will be blamed if india loses the world cup chump or thala
    and yes who was behind the ct 2017 loss chump or thala
    Feel happy that India reached the CT17 Final because of Thala's guidance! Your chump would've exited in the group stage itself had he captained solely!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,445
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Wicketkeeping is also important," BCCI on choosing Karthik over Pant

    The decision to give Dinesh Karthik a nod for the 2019 World Cup ahead of Rishabh Pant was based on experience and polished wicketkeeping skills, as per BCCI’s chairman of selectors MSK Prasad. The BCCI went ahead with the veteran Karthik and decided to omit Pant as the reserve wicketkeeper from India’s 15-member squad for the World Cup which was revealed on Monday.

    Karthik’s inclusion ahead of the young Pant did stump a few, considering the fact that the 34-year-old wicketkeeper batsman had been left out of India’s five-match ODI series against Australia last month which the home team had lost 2-3. Pant had played just two matches and tallied 50 runs.

    Overall, the 21-year-old has represented India in just five matches, debuting against the West Indies last October and has 93 runs from four innings. His numbers are a stark contrast to Karthik’s experience of 1738 runs from 91 ODIs.

    “Definitely a case where we debated in length. We all were in unison that either pant or DK will come in only when Mahi is injured. In an important game wicket keeping is also important. That’s the reason we went with Dinesh Karthik,” Prasad said after the squad was announced.

    The other big omission from the squad was that of Ambati Rayudu, whom skipper Virat Kohli has backed as India’s No. 4 at the beginning of Asia Cup last year. Since last September, Rayudu has scored 639 runs from 21 innings with four half-centuries and one hundred. He recently scored an unbeaten half-century against New Zealand in the fifth ODI in January, a series which also consisted a couple of 40-plus scores from him.

    With Rayudu out, the selectors backed allrounder Vijay Shankar to probable fill in at No. 4. The BCCI also hinted at slotting KL Rahul in the middle order if needed.

    “After the Champions Trophy, we tried quite a few people [at No.4]. We gave a few more chances to Rayudu. What Vijay Shankar brings is three dimensional. We are looking at him at no. 4 to begin with,” Prasad added. “To begin with, KL Rahul will be reserve opener. If need arises the team management will take a call on him playing in the middle-order.”

    https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...tkeeper-829830



  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is the fifth time I have checked Indian World Cup Squad but I am unable to find Rishabh Pant's name in it. He is supposed to be the next big thing. People wanted him over Dhoni but he isn't even prefered over Karthik. Thats pretty shocking.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Karthik is no Jadeja in the field either. He has dropped a few sitters lately.

    In terms of batting, both are equally like to fail. However, Pant at his best can produce the type of innings that are well and truly beyond Karthik.

    On his day, Pant can smash a 70 in 40 balls, while Karthik’s best would be something like 70 in 80.

    India already have 3-4 batsmen who can occupy the crease and play long innings, which is why they should have gone for Pant who is a high impact player like Pandya.
    Jadeja is not the benchmark of Fielding. He is too good. Pant is worse than Rayudu in terms of fielding skills.

    Their batting are pretty much same .There is very little probability of Pant doing a 40 ball 70 since he might have played atmost 2 matches as a wkb (Given his inconsistency) and I don't see India trying Pant as a specialist batsman because of his poor fielding.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This is the fifth time I have checked Indian World Cup Squad but I am unable to find Rishabh Pant's name in it. He is supposed to be the next big thing. People wanted him over Dhoni but he isn't even prefered over Karthik. Thats pretty shocking.
    Pant is busy packing his bags to Australia to join Paine and start with his baby-sitting job! Let him enjoy his family-reunion time!

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "Wicketkeeping is also important," BCCI on choosing Karthik over Pant

    The decision to give Dinesh Karthik a nod for the 2019 World Cup ahead of Rishabh Pant was based on experience and polished wicketkeeping skills, as per BCCI’s chairman of selectors MSK Prasad. The BCCI went ahead with the veteran Karthik and decided to omit Pant as the reserve wicketkeeper from India’s 15-member squad for the World Cup which was revealed on Monday.
    Guys who can keep well will always be prefered over Pant.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,985
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This is the fifth time I have checked Indian World Cup Squad but I am unable to find Rishabh Pant's name in it. He is supposed to be the next big thing. People wanted him over Dhoni but he isn't even prefered over Karthik. Thats pretty shocking.
    but hardik pandya is there.
    So no problem you won't have a shortage of topics to post on during world cup.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Pant is busy packing his bags to Australia to join Paine and start with his baby-sitting job! Let him enjoy his family-reunion time!
    Indian selectors did a favor to him by not selecting him for the world cup otherwise he would have been badly exposed there. Now dhoni will get the blame for each loss.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Sir @Mamoon don't u think that selectors didnt want a situation where Pant could be exposed if the top three failed as he has not got enough experience as compared to Karthik.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Indian selectors did a favor to him by not selecting him for the world cup otherwise he would have been badly exposed there. Now dhoni will get the blame for each loss.
    Doesn't matter if Pant is excluded or if the middle order/Top order fails or the spinners fail, Dhoni is gonna get the blame anyways! Rest Dhoni for a couple of WC matches and see how Kohli captains solely using his intelligence, the same posters will come back with the statements like "Bring back Dhoni"! Such double standards!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Doesn't matter if Pant is excluded or if the middle order/Top order fails or the spinners fail, Dhoni is gonna get the blame anyways! Rest Dhoni for a couple of WC matches and see how Kohli captains solely using his intelligence, the same posters will come back with the statements like "Bring back Dhoni"! Such double standards!
    However Dhoni will not get the credit we win the World Cup.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,964
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hamza View Post
    But Sir @Mamoon don't u think that selectors didnt want a situation where Pant could be exposed if the top three failed as he has not got enough experience as compared to Karthik.
    Experience has little worth when you are not good enough. The chances of Pant playing a game changing innings are significantly higher simply because he is a far more talented player.

    At times, you have to trust players with immense ability even if they lack experience, and considering India's overall strength, they can afford to take a risk with someone like Pant.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    but hardik pandya is there.
    So no problem you won't have a shortage of topics to post on during world cup.
    I can see Shankar playing more matches than Pandya in the World Cup.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,966
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Doesn't matter if Pant is excluded or if the middle order/Top order fails or the spinners fail, Dhoni is gonna get the blame anyways! Rest Dhoni for a couple of WC matches and see how Kohli captains solely using his intelligence, the same posters will come back with the statements like "Bring back Dhoni"! Such double standards!
    The problem isn't dhoni playing, it is him batting. I would be happy with dhoni being in every 11 if he just doesn't bat until every other batting option has tried and failed.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,904
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Vijay Shankar might bat at no 4 as Karthik and Rahul are proven failiures at that number. All 3 average less than 35 and Rahul’s and Karthik’s SR is 81 and 77 respectively.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    However Dhoni will not get the credit we win the World Cup.
    When they never gave him the credit he deserved for his all important WC11 final coz Gambhir boy was the unsung hero for the same posters and downplayed Dhoni's knock, how could you expect them to give him the credit this time when Dhoni is just playing the support role?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,966
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I can see Shankar playing more matches than Pandya in the World Cup.
    Pandya unless injured will play all games as he is the 3rd pacer. Shanker's selection it depends on how the team thinks, if he is the first choice no 4, he too will play every game.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    1,071
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average squad in my opinion. Combination doesn't seem right.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    The problem isn't dhoni playing, it is him batting. I would be happy with dhoni being in every 11 if he just doesn't bat until every other batting option has tried and failed.
    Well! You can't expect prime Dhoni here! He's ofcourse a shadow of his past and his batting has detoriated! But what are the other options? Not that Pant/DK are setting the stage on fire with some blistering knocks and the less we talk about their keeping, the better it is! If you ask me, I wouldn't mind having Rahul as the back-up WK instead of Pant/Dk! That's how bad they are behind the stumps!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a poor team...full of oldies. 1st round exit guranteed. Only positive....no Rayudu.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (a) Vijay Shankar as a No 4 might be a big gamble.

    (b) The average age of this squad is 30+

    (c) Jadeja is useless, should have made way for a genuine fast bowler, a left armer in the form of Khalel. What happens if Bumrah and Pandya have a niggle on an odd morning, are you going to play two seamers in that scenario?

    (d) Selecting Rahul over Rayudu is unfair.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean143 View Post
    (a) Vijay Shankar as a No 4 might be a big gamble.

    (b) The average age of this squad is 30+

    (c) Jadeja is useless, should have made way for a genuine fast bowler, a left armer in the form of Khalel. What happens if Bumrah and Pandya have a niggle on an odd morning, are you going to play two seamers in that scenario?

    (d) Selecting Rahul over Rayudu is unfair.
    To add to that, suppose if the spin doesn't work in the middle overs and going with 4 seamers is the way to go, then are you going to play your pacers all games, and that's if Pandya is being counted as a fourth seamer.
    Jadeja's selection is a joke, Khalel (as a left armer) or Saini (as a seriously quick bowler) would have added another dimension to this Indian attack.
    Last edited by Sean143; 15th April 2019 at 18:29.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    so who will be blamed if india loses the world cup chump or thala
    and yes who was behind the ct 2017 loss chump or thala
    All going good under Rohit Sharma in Asia cup. Thala decided to captain one game (Afg) and could only manage to tie that match

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be my playing XI. Lets see if my fellow posters agrees:

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Shankar
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Shami
    Bumrah

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    This will be my playing XI. Lets see if my fellow posters agrees:

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Shankar
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Shami
    Bumrah

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Kohli
    Dhoni
    Karthik
    Jadav
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Shami
    Bumrah

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,946
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good squad - although short a fast bowler. But really, no need to read too much into this person going or this person not going.

    One of 4 or 5 teams that can win the World Cup.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    What a poor team...full of oldies. 1st round exit guranteed. Only positive....no Rayudu.
    Things would have been better if you were in place of MSK Prasad.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    This will be my playing XI. Lets see if my fellow posters agrees:

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Shankar
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Shami
    Bumrah
    Poor team and batting order. Kohli should never leave his number 3 position for a dud like KL Rahul. Rahul should bat at 4 and Jadhav should replace Pandya in your team. Team needs good batsman especially when guys like Chahal and Bumrah don't even know how to hold a bat.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Poor team and batting order. Kohli should never leave his number 3 position for a dud like KL Rahul. Rahul should bat at 4 and Jadhav should replace Pandya in your team. Team needs good batsman especially when guys like Chahal and Bumrah don't even know how to hold a bat.
    If you go with just 2 pacers in England, then 150+ runs is guaranteed in last 10 overs!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    9,906
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Yuvraj Singh


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the first match at least I want them to try this lineup:

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Shankar
    Jadhav
    Pandya
    Dhoni
    Bhuvaneshwar
    Kuldeep
    Shami
    Bumrah
    12th Man: Jadeja (default)

    Give confidence to Pandya & Shankar to share 10 overs and bowl aggressively & gain the confidence to snatch few overs of Bhuvaneshwar as well! That's how I want the team management to look at them! Rotate Kuldeep with Chahal depending on the number of right handers/left handers in the opposition! Play them both only if the pitch looks dry & the opposition is severely weak against spin!

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,426
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.Rohit Sharma
    2.Shikhar Dhawan
    3.Virat Kohli
    4.KL Rahul
    5.MS Dhoni
    6.Vijay Shankar
    7.Hardik Pandya
    8.Ravindra Jadeja
    9.Kuldeep Yadav
    10.Mohamamd Shami
    11.Jasprit Bumrah

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,704
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Doesn't matter if Pant is excluded or if the middle order/Top order fails or the spinners fail, Dhoni is gonna get the blame anyways! Rest Dhoni for a couple of WC matches and see how Kohli captains solely using his intelligence, the same posters will come back with the statements like "Bring back Dhoni"! Such double standards!
    just like we are crying fir Dhoni's return in Tests after winning Aus series under Kohli


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    2,611
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Solid squad.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,426
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pant needs to play more List A cricket first.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,309
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    1.Rohit Sharma
    2.Shikhar Dhawan
    3.Virat Kohli
    4.KL Rahul
    5.MS Dhoni
    6.Vijay Shankar
    7.Hardik Pandya
    8.Ravindra Jadeja
    9.Kuldeep Yadav
    10.Mohamamd Shami
    11.Jasprit Bumrah
    Provided no one gets injured over the duration of 1.5 months..seems solid squad and should reach semis. Hopefully Raul should come 4 after kohli.

    Unfortunate that Pant missed out but he has age on his side and experience will come in during course of time.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    31,552
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have taken Pant instead of Karthik as he gives the side an X factor where as DK I feel will not even feature in the side.

    As for pacers, was a bit surprised to see just 3 in there but have heard that around 4 pacers will be travelling alongside the WC team to give them nets practice and in case to cover any injuries.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,355
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India should have selected 1 more fast bowler, actually an express fast bowler if they have one

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,635
    Mentioned
    2127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Not an impressive squad to be honest. They invested 2 full years on ATR, then went for DK (Or Shankar) as No. 4; no Pant, Shaw either. The squad is over loaded with spinners, risking Pandeya as 5th pacer in a WC where IND has least days for 9 games and that too after 2 months of IPL. Top Indian players are struggling for fitness and this squad is the oldest in India's WC history, in the physically most demanding WC ever!!!

    IND should make the SF easily, but I am not confident about such aged squad (& thin in pace resources) to last till 10th, 11th game - we might see an Indian team starting strong, but gradually fading away from fatigue.

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,742
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    This will be my playing XI. Lets see if my fellow posters agrees:

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Shankar
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Shami
    Bumrah
    Tail starts from Shankar. This squad will be eliminated in semis. We have not learning anyhting from 2015 WC debacle.

  75. #75
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,742
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma better find form quickly. This squad is too thin in batting.

    Its again Top 3 or bust. Rahul is still short of confidence. The middle order of Jadhav, Dhoni and Shankar is a joke.

    Anyways, we will not be in the finals. The loss in semis should be the end for seniors like Dhoni, Jadav, Rohit, Jadeja and Dhwan.

    Poor squad is the name for it. I was hoping to see Shaw and Pant in the squad. Selectors chickened out and went for experience. Selecting 36 and 37 yr olds is a joke.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Things would have been better if you were in place of MSK Prasad.
    Things would have been better if you stop brown nosing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Poor team and batting order. Kohli should never leave his number 3 position for a dud like KL Rahul. Rahul should bat at 4 and Jadhav should replace Pandya in your team. Team needs good batsman especially when guys like Chahal and Bumrah don't even know how to hold a bat.
    Kohli has issues with moving ball in Eng and if we (not you) lose an early wicket, its better to send Rahul (who is an opener) to bat at 3. Kohli is better if the ball is bit old and field is spread out after powerplays. He is master in picking ones/twos in the middle order.

    Pandya is the only one who can give us a big finish with the bat...so no question to drop him. But then again...you dont have India's best interest in mind, so not surprising.

  77. #77
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,742
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Things would have been better if you stop brown nosing



    Kohli has issues with moving ball in Eng and if we (not you) lose an early wicket, its better to send Rahul (who is an opener) to bat at 3. Kohli is better if the ball is bit old and field is spread out after powerplays. He is master in picking ones/twos in the middle order.

    Pandya is the only one who can give us a big finish with the bat...so no question to drop him. But then again...you dont have India's best interest in mind, so not surprising.
    Without Pandya at NO.7 providing some lusty blows, this team will be even more pathetic. Not one player who can hit big after Kohli.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,849
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Not an impressive squad to be honest. They invested 2 full years on ATR, then went for DK (Or Shankar) as No. 4; no Pant, Shaw either. The squad is over loaded with spinners, risking Pandeya as 5th pacer in a WC where IND has least days for 9 games and that too after 2 months of IPL. Top Indian players are struggling for fitness and this squad is the oldest in India's WC history, in the physically most demanding WC ever!!!

    IND should make the SF easily, but I am not confident about such aged squad (& thin in pace resources) to last till 10th, 11th game - we might see an Indian team starting strong, but gradually fading away from fatigue.
    Agree. Poor squad.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,849
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dhoni thinks he is now Gandalf the White, when in reality he will be the one to take the team down.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,820
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Things would have been better if you stop brown nosing



    Kohli has issues with moving ball in Eng and if we (not you) lose an early wicket, its better to send Rahul (who is an opener) to bat at 3. Kohli is better if the ball is bit old and field is spread out after powerplays. He is master in picking ones/twos in the middle order.

    Pandya is the only one who can give us a big finish with the bat...so no question to drop him. But then again...you dont have India's best interest in mind, so not surprising.
    Rahul will fail at 3 again. But expecting you(NRI) to know this is just too much because your head is stuck in IPL. We(indians living in India) know better than you(fake indians) guys.

    Regarding brown nosing, sorry, I am not a blind bh@kht and don't believe in throwing cow poop.

    And using your logic you also don't have India's best interest in mind too because you want Modi to win just like Imran Khan and other Pakistanis.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •