Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing body fat

How do I lose body fat. Working in the gym is not having much effect in doing so. Any advice would be helpful.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    How do I lose body fat. Working in the gym is not having much effect in doing so. Any advice would be helpful.
    Yeah, clean up your diet... The ratio for success in achieving the body of your desire is: 80: 10 :10

80 = Diet
    10 = Training
    10 = Rest.

You dont have your diet on point, well then you are wasting your time body wise, but you would still get some health benefits with moving your body in the gym...

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intermittent fasting, look it up.

Stop eating bread and rice for a month, have only protein and vegetable, obviously noting deep fried.

Stop having any kind of sugar.

Stop consuming any drink that has sugar no matter how healthy they claim it to be, if it has sugar added then it isn't healthy, 99.9% of bottle juices aren't healthy. Just bite on that fruit.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    losing body fat is not an easy task, you have to challenge your self in order to do that. My suggestion is

1. Enroll in a HIIT work out for 6 weeks because it is based on cardio mostly

2. Make a diet plan for your self, don't fast for no reason if you are doing HIIT workout as it will drain your energy and you wont be able to do the excersie properly.

I have been doing this and I lost 12lbs in 4 weeks and 4.4% of my body fat.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did intermittent fasting for 2-3 months and lost about 20 lbs. It works make sure you drink alot of water and cut down on sugar.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Use a teaspoon of sabghol (psyllium Husk) every night before go to bed (desolved in water) with a teas spoon of Extra Virgin Olive oil. Regular Bowl movement is IMPORTANT buddy.

2) Have a good breakfast - preferably Protein, Calcium, and Potassium Rich. I have used Bananas, Boiled
    or sunny-side up eggs and plenty of Almonds (soak'em overnight and peel'em off)

3) Don't forget to walk for at least 2-3 miles with kind of brisk pace. If you don't like it, swim.

Rest is all on the internet.

p.s. Cut down on bread and rice or eliminate if you can for sometime.
    Last edited by CricVet; 16th April 2019 at 19:54.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coca Cola - Full fat.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FAT is IMPORTANT - I forgot - use desi ghee (of course in moderate quantity). Not only it helps regulating bowel movement, it makes your heart strong
    Last edited by CricVet; 16th April 2019 at 19:57.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am avoiding sugar and fatty food even bread and rice. Problem is I don't know what food I should eat. It is possible to lose fat without feeling hungry all the time?

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to feel hungry to lose wait. USE GOOD FAT as I mentioned above.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Jaggery for sugar. You do not have to completely kill sugar, but use in VERY moderate quantity.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am avoiding sugar and fatty food even bread and rice. Problem is I don't know what food I should eat. It is possible to lose fat without feeling hungry all the time?
    You do not have to feel hungry to lose weight.

You are just not eating the correct food and quantity to keep you satisfy though out the day. Learn how to count calories.

You shouldn't avoid fat, your body need good fats.

You should avoid process food, sugar, bread and rice to lose weight.

If you have just started your struggle to lose weight then it will take a weak or so to get used to new diet.

Eating healthy required more work then eating un-healthy but once you get hang of how to prepare healthy food then it is quite easy.

Countless apps and youtube video exist on preparing healthy meals, helpful tip, prepare it for a weak.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Yeah, clean up your diet... The ratio for success in achieving the body of your desire is: 80: 10 :10

80 = Diet
    10 = Training
    10 = Rest.

You dont have your diet on point, well then you are wasting your time body wise, but you would still get some health benefits with moving your body in the gym...
    The proportions you have mentioned are misleading. They are more apt for pro athletes or body builders who go the extra mile for definition. And its also a part of general myths spread by diet industry.

For any average person who wants to maintain a decent body shape the equation isnt so hard. Its at the max 60:40 in favour of diet.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very easy.

Implement fasting and intermittent fasting.

Avoid sugar. Take note of your calories and have a good intake of good sources of protein and fibre.

Green tea and Ginger tea - have that on a daily basis.

In terms of workout, 4 days a week will be enough. HIIT cardio, Squats, Deadlifts and High resistant compound exercises.

Be patient and donít put a deadline to this.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dont try to loose too put fat or else you will look older than your actual age.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to have a Cristiano Ronaldo body!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    The proportions you have mentioned are misleading. They are more apt for pro athletes or body builders who go the extra mile for definition. And its also a part of general myths spread by diet industry.

For any average person who wants to maintain a decent body shape the equation isnt so hard. Its at the max 60:40 in favour of diet.
    Not really.. The ratio I mentioned will achieve the results if followed per protocol, however yes you are correct, it doesn't have to be done that way. In my opinion it is good to do 80;10;10 as it will instil discipline and commitment to the individual's lifestyle..
    Last edited by Romali_rotti; 17th April 2019 at 05:02.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to have a Cristiano Ronaldo body!
    Well then post 2 is your answer...

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be more active than you used to be, and consume lesser calories than you did before. Up the activity level and adjust your calorie-intake further as you start hitting weekly plateau.

I would avoid a drastic dietary change if it isn't sutainable. Learn to live with slow progress and accept that it will take time.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice boys. I have decided to change my lifestyle after Ramzan that will be a good time to start. Today I was tempted to a large kebab for dinner

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try searching for Keto diet. You don’t have to do full Keto, but a low carb high fat diet combined with intermittent fasting is a sure shot way to loose weight - but under the observation of a good medical practitioner, of course.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fairly simple, people make it too complicated. Burn more calories than you consume. Start by counting your calories, you have apps like MyFitnessPal that helps you track your caloric intake and helps you hit your macro nutrients.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Diet and running.

All these modern excercises people come up with but nothing close comes to running. Go run for 45 minutes every morning and eat a healthy diet you will get fit.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post

Well he wants to look like Ronaldo, so that's what he should stick to.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Very easy.

Implement fasting and intermittent fasting.

Avoid sugar. Take note of your calories and have a good intake of good sources of protein and fibre.

Green tea and Ginger tea - have that on a daily basis.

In terms of workout, 4 days a week will be enough. HIIT cardio, Squats, Deadlifts and High resistant compound exercises.

Be patient and don’t put a deadline to this.
    Good post

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want to lose body fat fast, have a light breakfast , a meal between 3-5. If you feel peckish in the evening, have fruit. And regular exercise of course. Cut out all junk.

This has been my routine for the past 2yrs. I went from weighing 75kg to 67kg rapidly (2-3 weeks). Of course occasionally I will treat myself with goodies.

Weighed myself today (on a empty stomach). 66kg.
    Last edited by in_cutter; 17th April 2019 at 14:04.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically from what I am reading, if you want to lose fat, then starve yourself.

Reality is that every one is different, and the key factor here is metabolism.

Believe it or not, sugar is essential, as it provides the required energy (glucose) for not only cell replication, but burning of fat.

Also as the saying goes, fight fire with fire, so if you want to lose fat, East fat - cheese is a good example.

Otherwise it's all genetics and no matter what you try - it ain't happening.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    You do not have to feel hungry to lose weight.
    That's a lie.

You must starve and feel hunger to lose fat. There is no other way.

Here is what I would do if I were a fat person (God forbid):

You wake up. Drink water. Starve.

Eat something which has protein: Chicken, Turkey, Spinach, Lentils etc. Just Google. Do not eat until you are full. Just eat so the starving sensation wears off.

From the moment you put first piece of food in your mouth; you have exact 6 hours to eat second meal. For example: if you are at 12:00HRS then you can eat until 18:00 hours max.

Eat second protein rich meal. Eat green vegetables, fish or tofu etc.

Drink water and go to sleep.

The famous method is called 16/8 intermittent fasting but I recommend aggressive 18/6.

Do not panic. You won't die. You won't harm yourself. Heck, with only water and some salt you can live 21 days without eating. Think this each time you start to panic.

tldr: Drink water and eat protein. Only 6 hours per 24 hours. 6 weeks and people will start noticing Good luck.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Dont try to loose too put fat or else you will look older than your actual age.
    What does this even mean?

I think to lose body fat, a combination of HIIT, weight training and calorific deficit is the way to go. I find losing weight so easy, compared to building lean muscle

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing weight the right way is important. Objective should be to gain muscles while losing fat. Avoid starving which will kill both and is bad for health. Eat right and walk - easiest way to do it.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not claim to be fat at all. What I said was I want to be slimmer, want to have the body of an athlete, six pack and things like that. Want to be firmer.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    That's a lie.

Eat something which has protein: Chicken, Turkey, Spinach, Lentils etc. Just Google. Do not eat until you are full. Just eat so the starving sensation wears off.

From the moment you put first piece of food in your mouth; you have exact 6 hours to eat second meal. For example: if you are at 12:00HRS then you can eat until 18:00 hours max.

The famous method is called 16/8 intermittent fasting but I recommend aggressive 18/6.

Do not panic. You won't die. You won't harm yourself. Heck, with only water and some salt you can live 21 days without eating. Think this each time you start to panic.

tldr: Drink water and eat protein. Only 6 hours per 24 hours. 6 weeks and people will start noticing Good luck.
    No! it isn't.

And if you have to feel hungry to lose weight then you are doing everything wrong.

Try eating healthy and you will lose weight.

Intermittent fasting does not mean you starve yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    That's a lie.

If one were to follow what you have written then all the fat people who have lost weight need to stay hungry for the rest of their life to keep the weight off.

It is wrong and counter productive.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Try searching for Keto diet. You don’t have to do full Keto, but a low carb high fat diet combined with intermittent fasting is a sure shot way to loose weight - but under the observation of a good medical practitioner, of course.
    This is it!!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have over the years tried out many different diet plans, gym routines etc and have found 1 thing in most of them that all these plans are unsustainable for the common man who are not athletes. So I did a lot of research and now I have reached a simple calculation towards weight loss and have in 2 months lost about 8 kg without anything extreme.

So I am basically now following that I maintain a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day. If you maintain this for a week and have a deficit of 3500 per week you will lose 0.5 kg per week.

Step 1 - Measure your BMR (base metabolic rate) - This is the amount of calories you burn during the day doing your normal daily tasks on average. It can be measured through online BMR calculators. All you need to enter is basic data like age, weight etc. The website I use is

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm

Better would be to use a fitness tracker like fitbit which would track all of this for you on a daily basis and tell you the amount of calories burned.

Step 2 - After you know your BMR multiply that BMR by around 1.3 if you are a moderately active guy and that is the amount of calories you should eat. Again for more accuracy its better to use a fitness tracker. Again BMR tells you how many calories you have burned while you are doing the most minimalist of tasks which is why we multiply by 1.3.

Step 3 - Now the hard part is measuring the calories. For this I use MyFitnessPal where I can log in the foods I am eating and the quantity and the app measures that for me.

Maintain the caloric deficit and you will lose fat for sure. To aid the fat loss

1 - Ensure more protein consumption to lose fat rather than muscle
    2 - Drink a lot of water
    3 - Add a good multivitamin
    4 - I have not mentioned much on exercise as diet is the most important thing but to aid the fat loss you can go to the gym, lifting weights will help to maintain muscle mass. Since most of us are working people and it is hard to go to the gym everyday make sure you do something everyday which you think you can do everyday. I have added walking to my lifestyle and ensure I walk atleast 8000 steps per day (another reason to get a fitness tracker)
    5 - You can do intermittent fasting once in a while, it is essentially cutting off a meal so reducing your caloric consumption.
    6 - Sugar is high in calories and has 0 nutritional value. Try to reduce its intake as much as you can

This is what I have done and I feel it is achievable to do this on average daily. Even if I have a high calorie meal like a burger I cut down on the next meal. All in all the gist is portion control.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eat 1500 calories a day.
    Simple as