User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We will not accept something which is against the constitution" : Nauman Butt, Member BoG

BoG member Nauman Butt speaking to the press:

"When we all reviewed the constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board, we found that there is no place for an MD"

"Its clearly stated that the chairman shall be CEO and the the next post after him is COO"

"We didnt boycott the session, instead we passed a resolution by show of hands and told him that your agenda which is more than 145 pages, we unanimously rejected it"

"We will not accept something which is against the constitution"

"On top of that, on behalf of our departmental teams and our regional teams and in a country where every child plays cricket, we will not anyone play with their future"

"We said lets meet again based on our recommendations on 30th April but they said this wont work"

"We said we respect you as an elder but we will not tolerate such an attitude towards us"

"As far as the appointment of MD is concerned, we asked for that to be declared null and void and a high level inquiry be held for all the salary that has been given to him"

"and to ask why Mr. Mani used his privileges in this way"

"Members of the BoG are the custodians and protectors of the PCB"

"The Chairman of the PCB is answerable to the BoG"

"Mr. Mani hasnt brought in one person but 4 people, so this will be discussed to ask how this happened without any approval"

"The total salary is PKR 50 Lakhs so we wont allow the PCB to be bankrupted like this"

"The same money could be spent on our cricketers or grounds in Balochistan so that good talent comes out of this area"

"Only a proposal was made for the position of MD in the previous BoG meeting and it was said that the confirmation would be made in this meeting"

"Mr. Mani in this age should tell the truth and we pray that this will be useful for him in this world"
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th April 2019 at 20:40.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Sooner we get rid of such jaahil people from the BoG the better.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The exact same legal loopholes the likes of the Sharif's, the Bhutto's, the Zardari's exploit

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mani should give the the current COO the boot and appoint Wasim the COO. Lets see them fight that.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subhan Ahmad is here to stay. He is next Intikhab Alam for PCB. And now the dirty war begins. Hold ur seats.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's hope that we can get rid of these parasites one and for all.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "against the constitution"

laughable

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salary 50 lakh per year or per month? Curious about Wasim Khan's compensation package.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise-package View Post
    Salary 50 lakh per year or per month? Curious about Wasim Khan's compensation package.
    It's around 22 I believe . . but to get competent people to come work for you, you have to pay them well . . anywhere in the world, thats the philosophy.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mani sb got played! Supposedly, they agreed and 'minuted' in previous meetings that the MD post will be created, job description was finalized, etc. etc . .

They interviewed dozens of candidates and finalized this guy . .

He has been at the job for a couple of months . . and no one has said a word . .
    Then the guy gets into his work and obviously the Mafias feel threatened . . and now they are saying . . ohh!! This is unconstitutional . .

So my question to Mani sb . . Were you actually this naive? You didn't actually make the constitutional amendment prior to bringing him here? You JUST THOUGHT that once he is here and he gets into his work . . in a future board meeting, we will just get done with the formalities and create the position in the constitution?

Puh Leeezz!! Like I said . . Mani sb got played!

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    these bog leaches should be booted out ..... they dont want any changes to improve pakistan cricket they want status quo to stay so they stay in their positions ...... they can see the writing on the wall and are now crying babies.....

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very curious. People are calling BoG dinosaurs and leeches etc. Is it really the case?

I for one had never really paid attention to them until this meeting - so am clueless.

But what do we know of them? What about their performance so far? Is it they or is it the CEOs who have been behind Pakistan's bad performance? What is Subhan doing and why is he irreplaceable?

I am really curious to hear from someone who knows them inside out and actually charts BoG performance in the last 5-10 years.

I think we don't need generics but specfics here from someone in the know. Anyone can name call.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we were impressed that Wasim Khan has an EMBA (Executive MBA) and also an MBE, well so have a few of these guys from the PCB board of governors , except in their case EMBA and MBE stand for following:

EMBA = Extremely Mediocre Bureaucrats & Administrators
    MBE (of Pakistan) = Most Biased & Envious (of Pakistan)

"Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    And we were impressed that Wasim Khan has an EMBA (Executive MBA) and also an MBE, well so have a few of these guys from the PCB board of governors , except in their case EMBA and MBE stand for following:

EMBA = Extremely Mediocre Bureaucrats & Administrators
    MBE (of Pakistan) = Most Biased & Envious (of Pakistan)

Wasim Khan will never be accepted by some of these guys at the PCB.

They will see him as an outsider and be suspicious of him.

The fact is that they fear that this guy will stop all the corruption and the unprofessionalism which is at the core of the PCB.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Wasim Khan will never be accepted by some of these guys at the PCB.

They will see him as an outsider and be suspicious of him.

The fact is that they fear that this guy will stop all the corruption and the unprofessionalism which is at the core of the PCB.
    Indeed, and there's a very good article here from the Harvard Business Review on the core reasons people are resistant to change in any organization which I'm sure Wasim Khan through his MBA would be well educated on and so is well prepared hopefully .. worth a read: https://hbr.org/2012/09/ten-reasons-people-resist-chang

I think this paragraph in particular applies well to these gentlemen in the PCB governing body:

By definition, change is a departure from the past. Those people associated with the last version — the one that didn’t work, or the one that’s being superseded — are likely to be defensive about it. When change involves a big shift of strategic direction, the people responsible for the previous direction dread the perception that they must have been wrong.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 18th April 2019 at 01:59.

"Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Indeed, and there's a very good article here from the Harvard Business Review on the core reasons people are resistant to change in any organization which I'm sure Wasim Khan through his MBA would be well educated on and so is well prepared hopefully .. worth a read: https://hbr.org/2012/09/ten-reasons-people-resist-chang

I think this paragraph in particular applies well to these gentlemen in the PCB governing body:

By definition, change is a departure from the past. Those people associated with the last version — the one that didn’t work, or the one that’s being superseded — are likely to be defensive about it. When change involves a big shift of strategic direction, the people responsible for the previous direction dread the perception that they must have been wrong.
    A very interesting read MK.

This is what Wasim Khan said to PakPassion before he took on the role of MD:

I'm passionate about making the PCB the most respected cricket board in the world in the next few years. If that's an aim of ours, we can start to look at how we define that and to look at the things that we need to do to achieve this goal. What we need are people who are forward-thinking, people who are willing to change for the good and people who are going to get on the bus with us and want to move in the same direction. I know the culture is different and I know things operate in different ways but fundamentally improvement and getting better are universal objectives. I don't think anybody would disagree that there are things that could be better and that there are things that we should be doing better. As long as you have an open mindset as much as possible, then you can reassure people that we are doing things for the right reasons and we are moving in the right direction. People will then move with you and I think that is the most important thing.

I'm not here to operate as a dictator, my style is very collaborative, but we are also going to have to make some tough decisions if we are going to move PCB in the right direction and change the landscape of cricket in Pakistan
    and that is going to require work from a lot of people in the country. The cricket committee has been set up with some excellent people who will make recommendations and there is a good coaching infrastructure working with the national players at the moment. So, there are so many good things that are in place, but there may also be some things that we only need to tinker with. In addition, there might be some things where we need wholesale changes in and we may have some things in between. These are areas that, bit by bit, I will get the opportunity to look at and decide as to which of these things we need to do, and how quickly.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    A very interesting read MK.

This is what Wasim Khan said to PakPassion before he took on the role of MD:

I'm passionate about making the PCB the most respected cricket board in the world in the next few years. If that's an aim of ours, we can start to look at how we define that and to look at the things that we need to do to achieve this goal. What we need are people who are forward-thinking, people who are willing to change for the good and people who are going to get on the bus with us and want to move in the same direction. I know the culture is different and I know things operate in different ways but fundamentally improvement and getting better are universal objectives. I don't think anybody would disagree that there are things that could be better and that there are things that we should be doing better. As long as you have an open mindset as much as possible, then you can reassure people that we are doing things for the right reasons and we are moving in the right direction. People will then move with you and I think that is the most important thing.

I'm not here to operate as a dictator, my style is very collaborative, but we are also going to have to make some tough decisions if we are going to move PCB in the right direction and change the landscape of cricket in Pakistan
    and that is going to require work from a lot of people in the country. The cricket committee has been set up with some excellent people who will make recommendations and there is a good coaching infrastructure working with the national players at the moment. So, there are so many good things that are in place, but there may also be some things that we only need to tinker with. In addition, there might be some things where we need wholesale changes in and we may have some things in between. These are areas that, bit by bit, I will get the opportunity to look at and decide as to which of these things we need to do, and how quickly.
    Just hoping that Wasim Khan gets backed publicly by Imran Khan himself now to strengthen his position, after the way he's been unfairly targeted by sections of the local media and these PhDs (Pathetic & Hopeless Dinosaurs) within the PCB governing body.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Just hoping that Wasim Khan gets backed publicly by Imran Khan himself now to strengthen his position, after the way he's been unfairly targeted by sections of the local media and these PhDs (Pathetic & Hopeless Dinosaurs) within the PCB governing body.
    Imran Khan is pivotal in this now.

He needs to back his man Wasim Khan publicly or he's cannon fodder for the dinosaurs.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are just trying to protect their income.
    The level of corruption must be on a different level...

Dissolving the PCB and setting up a new body is the best and only option....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Mr Numan Butt reported for misconduct

Lahore, 18 April 2019:

The Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman on Wednesday received a complaint from a member of its Board of Governors (BoG) against his fellow member Mr Numan Butt for misconduct.

As such, and as per Article 10(6) of the PCB Constitution, PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani has referred the complaint to an independent adjudicator, Mr Justice (retired) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan. This means as per Article 10(7) and pending the outcome of the proceedings, Mr Numan Butt will not be allowed to attend any BoG and Committee meetings.

Article 10(7) of the PCB Constitution reads as: “Any member, against whom a complaint is referred by the Chairman to the adjudicator, shall not be allowed to attend any meeting of the Board of Governors or any committee during the pendency of proceedings before the adjudicator.”

In the complaint, the BoG member alleged Mr Numan Butt with sharing confidential meeting documents with the media; using inappropriate and highly objectionable language against Chairman PCB; criticising the PCB and it’s management/policies through dishonest statements; making false accusations; carrying out misrepresentation of facts; and blatantly acting against the interests of Pakistan cricket.

The complainant has also alleged Mr Numan Butt for violating provisions of Article 19 of the PCB Constitution, which relates to Undertaking by Full Members and Associate Members of the General Body, which reads as:

a) he shall, strive to achieve the objectives and purpose of the Board;

b) he shall, abide by this Constitution, Rules, Regulations and any directives formulated or issued, from time to time, by the Board;

c) he shall, not criticize the Pakistan Cricket Board or any of its functionaries or Member(s), Players and Officials on any media platform;

d) he shall, not hold any press conference, meeting, protest or participate in any procession, display any placard etc. against the Board and its officials at any private or public venue, individually or collectively;

e) he shall abide by the directions of the Board;…”.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mr Numan Butt reported for misconduct

Lahore, 18 April 2019:

The Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman on Wednesday received a complaint from a member of its Board of Governors (BoG) against his fellow member Mr Numan Butt for misconduct.

As such, and as per Article 10(6) of the PCB Constitution, PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani has referred the complaint to an independent adjudicator, Mr Justice (retired) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan. This means as per Article 10(7) and pending the outcome of the proceedings, Mr Numan Butt will not be allowed to attend any BoG and Committee meetings.

Article 10(7) of the PCB Constitution reads as: “Any member, against whom a complaint is referred by the Chairman to the adjudicator, shall not be allowed to attend any meeting of the Board of Governors or any committee during the pendency of proceedings before the adjudicator.”

In the complaint, the BoG member alleged Mr Numan Butt with sharing confidential meeting documents with the media; using inappropriate and highly objectionable language against Chairman PCB; criticising the PCB and it’s management/policies through dishonest statements; making false accusations; carrying out misrepresentation of facts; and blatantly acting against the interests of Pakistan cricket.

The complainant has also alleged Mr Numan Butt for violating provisions of Article 19 of the PCB Constitution, which relates to Undertaking by Full Members and Associate Members of the General Body, which reads as:

a) he shall, strive to achieve the objectives and purpose of the Board;

b) he shall, abide by this Constitution, Rules, Regulations and any directives formulated or issued, from time to time, by the Board;

c) he shall, not criticize the Pakistan Cricket Board or any of its functionaries or Member(s), Players and Officials on any media platform;

d) he shall, not hold any press conference, meeting, protest or participate in any procession, display any placard etc. against the Board and its officials at any private or public venue, individually or collectively;

e) he shall abide by the directions of the Board;…”.
    Superb!

I am sure Mr Butt given his in depth knowledge of the 'constitution' of the PCB as demonstrated in his press conference yesterday, will fully comply with Article 10(7) of the PCB Constitution.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Superb!

I am sure Mr Butt given his in depth knowledge of the 'constitution' of the PCB as demonstrated in his press conference yesterday, will fully comply with Article 10(7) of the PCB Constitution.
    In full glory....

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    These guys are just trying to protect their income.
    The level of corruption must be on a different level...

Dissolving the PCB and setting up a new body is the best and only option....
    It would certainly make sense - dissolve the PCB and its useless constitution which is clearly not functional, when the interests of BoG members comes ahead of interest of cricket.

Make a separate body called CCP (Cricket Council of Pakistan) and keep it clean and simple - Wasim Khan as MD/CEO, Wasim Akram as Director of Cricket, Mudassar Nazar as Director of Academies, Ehsan Mani as Treasurer..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In full glory....

Is that Nauman Butt or the infamous Gullu Butt ? they do look similar, wonder if they are related.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 BoG member is gone
    Now 4 are lift

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    In full glory....

The Man, The Legend - I can see many years of successful memes for our friend....

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Man, The Legend - I can see many years of successful memes for our friend....
    Interestingly it was the same Nauman Butt, in his capacity as Sialkot Cricket Association President who appointed Mohammed Asif as captain of the Sialkot team following Asif's comeback after his ban for spot fixing in 2016:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1243096

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interestingly it was the same Nauman Butt, in his capacity as Sialkot Cricket Association President who appointed Mohammed Asif as captain of the Sialkot team following Asif's comeback after his ban for spot fixing in 2016:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1243096
    One of the good decisions, and on merit.

Asif is a cricketing genius, and a top bowler. Who wouldn't want him? There were no issues after the ban was over.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Nauman Butt or the infamous Gullu Butt ? they do look similar, wonder if they are related.
    From the picture looks like a trouble maker but not a very intelligent person.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If not for these leeches and geedar, we’d have a normal functioning system and be a quality team once we got our structure at home organized

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it unconstitutional?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he's prepared for life after PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    PCB BOG member, President Sialkot Region, Nauman Butt will appear before independent adjudicator tomorrow at National Cricket Academy due to misconduct. Nauman butt with five other BOG members rejected Proposed Domestic Structure.