Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Pakistan Under-19s whitewash South Africa Under-19s 7-0 in One-Day series in SA

• Series organised as part of ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 preparations

Lahore, 24 April 2019:

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced their U19 side will tour South Africa for seven 50-over matches as part of their ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 preparations. The event will be staged in South Africa from 17 January to 9 February 2020.

The U19 series against South Africa U19 will be played in Pietermaritzburg, capital of KwaZulu-Natal, and Durban, the province’s largest city, from 19 June to 7 July.

This will be the U19’s second important tour this year and is aligned to the PCB’s strategy of reviving and investing on pathway cricket.

Apart from the U19 tours, aU16 side was in the United Arab Emirates earlier this year for a series against Australia, while they will be embarking on a tour to Bangladesh on Thursday.

PCB Director – International Cricket, Zakir Khan, said: “This tour will be one of the cornerstones of our preparations for next year’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup, which will also be held in South Africa. I have no doubts that the next generation of cricketers will benefit immensely from the seven 50-over matches from experience and exposure perspectives.

“Apart from gaining cricketing knowledge, the Pakistani lads will also get the opportunity to build relationships with their South African counterparts as well as learning and understanding local culture, which are very crucial in terms of players’ development when we look into the future.

“The South Africa tour is part of the PCB’s commitment to continue to invest on future stars of Pakistan cricket and give them as many opportunities as possible so that they are ready to graduate to the higher level and make a name for themselves and Pakistan.

“Cricket South Africa and the PCB have formed a very strong bonding over the past many years, which have resulted in exchange of regular tours and series. Earlier this season, our national team played a competitive series in South Africa, while next month, our women’s side will tour South Africa next month for ICC Women’s Championship ODIs as well as T20I fixtures, which have been scheduled as part of their preparations for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Australia 2020.”

The squad and the team management for the South Africa tour will be announced in due course, but players born on or after 1 September 2000 will be eligible for selection.

Tour itinerary:

19 June – 50-over practice match v KZN Academy, Varsity Oval, Durban
    22 June – 1st 50-over match v South Africa U19, Chatsworth Cricket Oval, Durban
    25 June – 2nd 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    27 June – 3rd 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    30 June – 4th 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    2 July – 5th 50-over match vs South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    5 July – 6th 50-over match v South Africa U19, Chatsworth Cricket Oval, Durban
    7 July – 7th 50-over match v South Africa U19, Chatsworth Cricket Oval, Durban

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent news

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No match in wanderers , Bloemfontein or Newlands
    Last edited by b.lesner; 24th April 2019 at 17:01.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    CSA confirm U19 inbound tour vs Pakistan, name touring squad

Wednesday, 24 April 2019

Cricket South Africa (CSA) today announced the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s squad that will take on Pakistan in a seven-match, Youth One-Day International series at home from 22 June to 07 July 2019. Bryce Parsons will captain the fledging squad of 15.

The tour, which forms a vital part of the home side’s preparation for the ICC U19 World Cup which will be hosted by South Africa early next year, will be played at Pietermaritzburg Oval and Chatsworth Oval.

CSA High Performance Manager, Vincent Barnes said; “The selection committee has selected a well-balanced team which will be up against talented and skilful opposition. The majority of the players recently toured India and also qualify to represent South Africa in the ICC U19 World Cup next year, so this will be more invaluable experience for them. I wish Coach Lawrence Mahatlane and his team all the best for the series.”

Coca-Cola South Africa U19s squad:

Bryce Parsons (captain, Gauteng), Luke Beaufort (Eastern Province), Jonathan Bird (Western Province), Achille Cloete (Boland), Gerald Coetzee (Free State), Khanya Cotani (North West), Michael Copeland (Gauteng), Andrew Louw (Free State), Akeem Minaar (Boland), Lifa Ntanzi (KZN Coastal), Imraan Philander (Western Province), Siya Plaatjie (Western Province), Ruan Terblanche (Boland), Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province), Nonelela Yika (Border).

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!

It will be a learning curve for a few youngsters.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    No match in wanderers , Bloemfontein or Newlands
    Its to do with the weather, Durban has a climate that runs slightly different from other parts of SA

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    CSA confirm U19 inbound tour vs Pakistan, name touring squad

Wednesday, 24 April 2019

Cricket South Africa (CSA) today announced the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s squad that will take on Pakistan in a seven-match, Youth One-Day International series at home from 22 June to 07 July 2019. Bryce Parsons will captain the fledging squad of 15.

The tour, which forms a vital part of the home side’s preparation for the ICC U19 World Cup which will be hosted by South Africa early next year, will be played at Pietermaritzburg Oval and Chatsworth Oval.

CSA High Performance Manager, Vincent Barnes said; “The selection committee has selected a well-balanced team which will be up against talented and skilful opposition. The majority of the players recently toured India and also qualify to represent South Africa in the ICC U19 World Cup next year, so this will be more invaluable experience for them. I wish Coach Lawrence Mahatlane and his team all the best for the series.”

Bryce Parsons (captain, Gauteng), Luke Beaufort (Eastern Province), Jonathan Bird (Western Province), Achille Cloete (Boland), Gerald Coetzee (Free State), Khanya Cotani (North West), Michael Copeland (Gauteng), Andrew Louw (Free State), Akeem Minaar (Boland), Lifa Ntanzi (KZN Coastal), Imraan Philander (Western Province), Siya Plaatjie (Western Province), Ruan Terblanche (Boland), Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province), Nonelela Yika (Border).
    Imraan philander

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imraan philander
    They merged and included 2 players in 1 spot..
    We should also select hassan afridi 😂

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imraan philander
    young south africans have the best names, i cant wait for rivaldo moonsammy and imraan phillander to bat together one day.

can just imagine the potential headlines, minaar stands tall as siya delivers victory on a platjie, despite terblanche mistake leaving south africa on edge of ruan...

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    More such tours needed to Australia, England and South Africa.

At Under 16, Under 19 and at 'A' level.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakeel's son will be playing in it for sure...

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Pakistani players to watch out for?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Any Pakistani players to watch out for?
    Saim Ayub is highly-rated.

It'll be interesting to see if Nasim Shah makes it.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good opportunities for Inzi and co. to select their family members and loyal in junior level.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very good . PCB needs more of such tours in countries like England , Australia , NZ etc .

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Bryce Parsons has been appointed as the captain of the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s ahead of their home tour against Pakistan after several standout performances in his first tour against India earlier this year. The impressive all-rounder will lead a squad of 15 in a seven-match Youth One-Day International (ODI) series taking place in Pietermaritzburg and Chatsworth between 22 June and 07 July.

The 18-year old made his SA U19s debut in the first Youth Test match in the team’s tour to India in February before going on to feature in the second Test. He subsequently earned four more caps in South Africa’s third-place finish during the quadrangular Youth ODI series that included India U19 ‘A’, ‘B’ and Afghanistan.

Despite being one of only three players who played every match in the tour of the subcontinent, Parsons expressed his surprise at the appointment but is already looking forward to the series and helping his side achieve its targets.

“It’s obviously a massive privilege to captain my country in this upcoming tour against Pakistan,” The youngster said. “I am pretty shocked to be captain because I didn’t think I’d get it but I am grateful for this opportunity that has come to hand. I am just going to try lead from the front and set a good example for the team, try to add to the team culture and help everyone get ready for the games.”

“As a team, we really want to win the series, to bounce back from what happened in India. Personally, I just want to lead well. It’s going to be my first tour as captain, so I want to do well and hopefully win the series.”

In India, Parsons shone thanks to his all-round ability with bat and ball. He scored 239 runs, including two half-centuries and a six-wicket haul (6/77) in the longer format before adding a further seven wickets to his tally in the Youth ODI matches at an average of 18.42.

The King Edwards VII School matriculant and First XI skipper is relishing the added responsibility that captaincy will bring and is focused on leading through his performances to inspire his teammates.

“Most players love the extra challenges in the game, and I am no different,” Parsons added. “I just want to take this challenge (of captaincy) in my stride and lead from the front with the players. If you are doing well as a captain, the whole team will have confidence. I just have to focus on doing what I do best and then try and lead the team.”

With the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 on the forefront of the team’s preparations, Parsons believes that a tight team spirit will do well for team’s chances in the upcoming series against Pakistan.

“It’s really important to for the coaching staff and myself that we stick together as a team, in good times and in bad, that’s most important,” he explained. “If everyone is there for each other with no individuals or players playing for themselves, we’ll all pull through and do enough to get selected for this team and represent it well. We have a lot of experienced guys who’ve gone to India and have seen the challenges that lie ahead.”

SA U19s head coach, Lawrence Mahatlane shared his thoughts on the appointment of Parsons, saying:

“Bryce is a very special player. He was the U17 Cricketer of the Year in 2017 and the Khaya Majola Coca-Cola Week Cricketer of the Year last year as a grade 11 pupil, so his cricket pedigree is very good. He was also outstanding in India. So, as a leader, this is an opportunity for him to keep standing up and showing his leadership qualities.

“He’s also captained his school side this year and various age-group sides over the years. It will be good to watch how he captains the SA U19s and I am quite excited to watching him share the way he thinks about the game, with the whole squad.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Rohail Nazir retained Pakistan U19 captain for South Africa tour

• Five changes made to the side that defeated Sri Lanka 3-2 in the just-concluded series

Lahore, 9 June 2019:

Wicketkeeper-batsman Rohail Nazir of Islamabad has been retained as Pakistan U19 captain for the upcoming tour of South Africa, which will comprise seven 50-over matches from 22 June to 7 July.

Rohail had not only successfully led Pakistan U19 to a 3-2 series win over Sri Lanka last week, but was also the most valuable player from either side with 320 runs in five matches which earned him the player of the series award.

Rohail was Pakistan U19 vice-captain at the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2018 in New Zealand where Pakistan finished third. He later went on to captain Pakistan U19 in the ACC U19 Asia Cup in September/October 2018. He then made an impressive start to his first-class career when he scored 130 and four on his debut for Islamabad against Habib Bank.

Reacting to the news, Rohail said: “I am honoured that the selectors have continued to trust in my abilities and I will try my best to justify the confidence they have entrusted on me. The South Africa tour will be another challenging tour, but it is good for our development, growth and preparations that we play as many tough opponents as possible.

“With the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 to be held in South Africa, I don’t think the tour could have been better planned as it will help us earn some local knowledge, further improve our skills and upon return work on our weaknesses so that we are better prepared for the World Cup.”

The side was finalised by Director – Academies, Mudassar Nazar, Senior General Manager – Academies, Ali Zia, and Pakistan U19 coach Azam Khan, and includes five changes to the side that played five 50-over matches in Hambantota, Sri Lanka.

Khayyam Khan, Mohammad Junaid, Mohammad Taha, Niaz Khan and Suleman Shafqat have paved the way for Amir Ali, Fahad Munir, Irfan Niazi, Mohammad Amir and Naseem Shah who were in the reserve players list for the Sri Lanka tour.

In Sri Lanka, Khayyam scored 23 runs in two matches, Junaid scored 63 runs and took seven wickets in five matches with his off-spinners, Taha aggregated 70 runs in five matches, Niaz scored 12 runs and took one wicket in three matches, and Suleman scored one run and failed to take a wicket in two appearances.

The side includes Haider Ali and Qasim Akram, who scored 214 and 124 runs, respectively in Sri Lanka as well as fast bowlers Mohammad Wasim and Akhtar Shah, who took seven and six wickets, respectively.

Pakistan coach Azam Khan said: “The changes have been made considering the different conditions we are likely to face in South Africa. Apart from gaining experience and exposure, we want to produce strong performances and win as many matches as possible, which will give the players significant confidence going into the upcoming season in which we will also feature in the ICC U19 Cricket world Cup 2020.”

Before their departure for South Africa, the squad will undergo training session at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore from 11-14 June.

Keeping in mind the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 in South Africa, players born on or after 1 September 2000 have been selected so that they can remain eligible for next year’s global event to be played from 17 January to 9 February 2020.

Squad (in alphabetical order):

1. Rohail Nazir (captain, wicketkeeper) (Islamabad)
    2. Haider Ali (vice-captain) (Rawalpindi)
    3. Abbas Afridi (FATA)
    4. Akhtar Shah (Quetta)
    5. Amir Ali (Larkana)
    6. Basit Ali (Multan)
    7. Fahad Munir (Lahore)
    8. Irfan Niazi (Faisalabad)
    9. Mohammad Amir (Peshawar)
    10. Mohammad Haris (Peshawar)
    11. Mohammad Wasim (FATA)
    12. Naseem Shah (Lahore)
    13. Qasim Akram (Lahore)
    14. Saim Ayub (Karachi)
    15. Shiraz Khan (Rawalpindi)

Reserves:

Khayyam Khan (Abbottabad); Mohammad Junaid (Quetta); Mohammad Taha (Karachi); Niaz Khan (Peshawar) and Suleman Shafqat (Faisalabad).

Team management:

Azam Khan (coach-cum-manager), Mohtashim Rasheed (assistant coach), Faheem Shah (physiotherapist), Saboor Ahmed (trainer), Usman Hashmi (analyst)

Tour itinerary:

25 June – 2nd 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    27 June – 3rd 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    30 June – 4th 50-over match v South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg
    2 July – 5th 50-over match vs South Africa U19, Pietermaritzburg Oval, Pietermaritzburg

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thankfully they have dropped that terrible leggie suilemen shafqat .Naseem shah is very good addition. Excited to see him play

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Thankfully they have dropped that terrible leggie suilemen shafqat .Naseem shah is very good addition. Excited to see him play
    Thanks God. The next step will be not putting him in the reserves. Good to see Nasim Shah back.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Thanks God. The next step will be not putting him in the reserves. Good to see Nasim Shah back.
    Anyother promising leg spinner in this squad?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can see live match on youtube

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyother promising leg spinner in this squad?
    Hopefully, they have picked one, but not sure.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar Shah, Abbas Afridi and Mohd. Wasim are all promising players. Looking forward to watching them step up!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to see the future star Naseem Shah who is far better than the overrated Hasnain

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    From the bits I saw Nazir and Haider Ali look to be real prospects. The others were so and so.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    From the bits I saw Nazir and Haider Ali look to be real prospects. The others were so and so.
    Them 2 are very good. The rest of the batsmen looked like Sunday league batsmen.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    SA U19s get down to business ahead of Youth ODI series against Pakistan

Thursday, 13 June 2019

The Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s will gather in Durban on Friday, 14 June, for a week-long training camp ahead of their Youth One-Day International (ODI) series against Pakistan, running from 22 June – 07 July in Chatsworth and Pietermaritzburg.

The seven-match tour forms an important part of the youngsters’ schedule in preparation for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup, taking place in South Africa between 17 January and 09 February next year. Home fixtures against India, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in December and January have also been arranged to provide the team enough match practice before the global tournament kicks off.

Speaking on the eve of day one of the training camp, SA U19s head coach, Lawrence Mahatlane shared his reasoning for the camp:

“The role of the camp is getting the guys to be cricket-fit,” he stated. “A lot of players haven’t really had access to turf nets and Durban is the perfect place to go and prepare at this time of the year. It should stand us in good stead for the upcoming tour. We know how strong Pakistan is at age-group level and they have just been on a tour of Sri Lanka. Hopefully, we can do a bit of catch-up during that period.

The 15-man squad, which was announced in April following the U19 Talent Acceleration Programme (TAP) national camp, will be put through their paces in a rigorous fitness test before they focus on the three respective disciplines, fielding, bowling and batting. The future stars will then take on the KwaZulu-Natal Academy in a warm-up encounter on Monday, 17 June at the Chatsworth Oval

Mahatlane, along with his management staff that includes assistant coach, Siya Sibiya, and bowling coach, Chris van Noordwyk, has made regular trips around the country, hosting group and individual coaching clinics with the players in the squad. Their respective provincial coaches have also provided weekly reports on the players’ development and preparations.

“The squad is very exciting,” Mahatlane added. “I am excited about this group of players. We’ve got nine guys coming back from India and we’ve got a few new and exciting characters. We’ve got a guy like Akeem Minnaar, who plays at Boland, Andrew Louw, who comes from the Northern Cape and young Khanya Cotani, who plays his cricket at North West now, having previously been with Boland.

“They bring so many different views, expertise and different characters to the group. I look forward to watching them gel.” he continued.

“Looking at the tour coming up against Pakistan, the process has several important objectives. The one is having the guys playing together and the second is giving opportunities throughout the tour to see where the guys are, cricket-wise. It’ s crucial we start giving as many opportunities as possible prior to the World Cup, ” Mahatlane concluded.

In the spirit of Youth Day, June 16, the SA U19s will be visiting the Lakehaven Child and Youth Care Centre in Durban, where the players and management will spend the afternoon bringing smiles to the kids’ faces while enjoying a fun match of backyard cricket.

The opening match of the series against Pakistan gets underway on Saturday, 22 June at the Chatsworth Oval.

Coca-Cola South Africa U19 squad: Bryce Parsons (captain, Gauteng), Luke Beaufort (Eastern Province), Jonathan Bird (Western Province), Achille Cloete (Boland), Gerald Coetzee (Free State), Khanya Cotani (North West), Micheal Copeland (Gauteng), Andrew Louw (Free State), Akeem Minnaar (Boland), Lifa Ntanzi (KZN Coastal), Imraan Philander (Western Province), Siya Plaatjie (Western Province), Ruan Terblanche (Boland), Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province), Nonelela Yika (Border).

Series Itinerary

June 2019

Mon 17 Warm Up Match South Africa vs KZN Academy (Chatsworth Oval)

Wed 19 Warm Up Match KZN Academy vs Pakistan U19 (Varsity Oval)

Sat 22 1st Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Tue 25 2nd Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Thu 27 3rd Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Sun 30 4th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

July 2019

Tue 02 5th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Fri 05 6th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Sun 07 7th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th June 2019 at 16:04.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lahore, 14 June 2019: Pakistan U19 team will depart for Durban, South Africa, early Saturday morning for a series of seven 50-over matches to be played from 22 June to 7 July in Pietermaritzburg and Durban.

The series is part of the side’s preparation for next year’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020, which will be staged in South Africa from 17 January to 9 February 2020.

The 15-player side includes a number of exciting players who performed well in the 3-2 series victory over Sri Lanka in Hambantota recently.

Captain and wicketkeeper/batsman Rohail Nazir, who top-scored in the five-match 50-over series against Sri Lanka with 320 runs, said: “The win over Sri Lanka U19 has boosted the players’ confidence for the South Africa series. The win has provided us a great platform to perform well not only on the upcoming tour but later this year’s ACC U19 Asia Cup 2019 in Sri Lanka, followed by the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020.

“The South Africa tour is a well-planned one as the seven-match 50-over series will help the players to learn about the conditions and be better prepared for next year’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup.”

On the return of fast bowler Naseem Shah from injury, Rohail said: “Naseem and I have been playing cricket together since the U16 level. Naseem’s inclusion in the side will surely give strength to the fast bowling department. He has represented Pakistan in the Asia Cup last year, featured in first-class cricket and his experience will help the side on the tour.”

Azam Khan, team’s coach-cum-manager, said: “The series win against Sri Lanka has provided the players a stage from where they can continue to improve and learn, and this South Africa tour will award them this opportunity.

“We have made a few changes from the Sri Lanka tour to try our bench strength, and make the right combination for next international events.”

Naseem Shah, the right-arm fast bowler from Lahore, was ruled out from competitive cricket last October due to back injury. The fast bowler worked with the National Cricket Academy as part of the rehabilitation process, and is excited to represent Pakistan U19 again.

Naseem Shah said: “I am feeling very good and it is a proud moment for me to play for Pakistan U19 again. I am grateful to the NCA coaches who have looked after me really well. I am fit now and looking forward to contribute in the team’s victory in the forthcoming series.”

Squad: Rohail Nazir (captain, wicket-keeper) (Islamabad); Haider Ali (vice-captain) Abbas Afridi (FATA); Akhtar Shah (Quetta); Amir Ali (Larkana); Basit Ali (Multan); Fahad Munir (Lahore); Irfan Niazi (Faisalabad); Mohammad Amir (Peshawar);Mohammad Haris (Peshawar); Mohammad Wasim (FATA); Naseem Shah (Lahore); Qasim Akram (Lahore); Saim Ayub (Karachi); and Shiraz Khan (Rawalpindi)

Team management:

Azam Khan (coach-cum-manager), Mohtashim Rasheed (assistant coach), Faheem Shah (physiotherapist), Saboor Ahmed (trainer), Usman Hashmi (analyst)

Tour itinerary:

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Groom this kid. Need a wicket keeper in the near future.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir ali is from my city dadu interior sindh.
    I have played with him.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see Naseem Shah back. Hope NCA has not messed with his bowling action. NCA is another mafia where they have only devastated future prospects.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehndi155 View Post
    Amir ali is from my city dadu interior sindh.
    I have played with him.
    Is he a bowler or batsmen? Any good?

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haider Ali’s century guides Pakistan U19 to victory in a 50-over practice match

Lahore, 19 June 2019:

A century by Haider Ali helped Pakistan U19 beat KwaZulu-Natal Academy XI by 141 runs in the 50-over practice match at Varsity Oval, Durban on Wednesday, ahead of the series of seven 50-over matches against South Africa U19 starting from 22 June.

Haider Ali scored 145-ball 160 with 15 fours and four sixes, while Qasim Akram scored 59 off 63 balls and struck six fours and two sixes.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan U19 303-8, 50 overs (Haider Ali 160, Qasim Akram 59; Matthew Pollard 4-49)

KwaZulu-Natal Academy XI 162 all out, 45 overs (Jason Krafft 35, Brandon McMullen 34 not out; Amir Ali 2-13, Fahad Munir 2-20, Naseem Shah 2-22, Mohammad Amir 2-35)

Tour itinerary:

Name:  Pakistan_U19_19_June_2019_01.jpg
Views: 4057
Size:  229.2 KB

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is this the same Haider ali who was working at some hotel

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see we have another Mohd Amir waiting in the wings.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Is this the same Haider ali who was working at some hotel
    It's a different one i think. This guy is definitely one for the future.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistan U19 to take on South Africa U19 in 1st 50-over match on Saturday

• “The series will be crucial for the players from either side and will provide them with an opportunity to prepare for next year’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup South Africa 2020,” says Rohail Nazir

Lahore, 21 June 2019:

Pakistan U19 will take on South Africa U19 in the opening match of the seven-match 50-over series on Saturday at the Chatsworth Cricket Oval, Durban.

On Friday in Durban, the two captains – South Africa’s Bryce Parsons and Rohail Nazir of Pakistan - attended the trophy unveiling ceremony with Rohail expressing confidence to extend their winning run. In the lead up to the South Africa tour, Pakistan had played five 50-over matches against Sri Lanka in Hambantota, winning the series 3-2.

Rohail said he was satisfied with the team’s preparations ahead of the seven-match 50-over series that included a convincing 141 runs victory in Wednesday’s practice match against KwaZulu-Natal Academy XI.

“The series will be crucial for the players from either side and will provide them with an opportunity to prepare for next year’s ICC U19 Cricket World Cup South Africa 2020.

“The cricket camp setup in Durban was very helpful in preparation for the series, and it will help us to acclimatise to the conditions before the series start on Saturday,” Rohail said.

He added: “The inclusion of fast bowler Naseem Shah in the squad has strengthened the fast bowling department and he also bowled well in the practice match.”

Wicketkeeper-batsman Rohail was one of the star performers in the recent five-match 50-over series against Sri Lanka scoring 320 runs with an average of 64.

Rohail’s vice-captain Haider Ali, who scored 160 in the practice match, was the other star batter in Sri Lanka when he finished with 214 runs, while Qasim Akram, who contributed 59 on Wednesday, aggregated 124 runs.

The bowling honours in Sri Lanka had gone to Mohammad Wasim, who bagged seven wickets, while Akhtar Shah had picked up six wickets.

South Africa have named left-handed batsman Bryce Parsons as their captain for the series.

Squads (to be selected from):

Pakistan- Rohail Nazir (captain, wicketkeeper) (Islamabad); Haider Ali (vice-captain) (Rawalpindi); Abbas Afridi (FATA); Akhtar Shah (Quetta); Amir Ali (Larkana); Basit Ali (Multan); Fahad Munir (Lahore); Irfan Niazi (Faisalabad); Mohammad Amir (Peshawar); Mohammad Haris (Peshawar); Mohammad Wasim (FATA); Naseem Shah (Lahore); Qasim Akram (Lahore); Saim Ayub (Karachi); and Shiraz Khan (Rawalpindi)

South Africa- Bryce Parsons (captain, Gauteng), Luke Beaufort (Eastern Province), Jonathan Bird (Western Province), Achille Cloete (Boland), Gerald Coetzee (Free State), Khanya Cotani (North West), Micheal Copeland (Gauteng), Andrew Louw (Free State), Akeem Minnaar (Boland), Lifa Ntanzi (KZN Coastal), Imraan Philander (Western Province), Siya Plaatjie (Western Province), Ruan Terblanche (Boland), Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province), Nonelela Yika (Border)

Tour schedule:

Name:  0a127518-f8a4-4cd9-8eb4-f9dca6e2e7b8.jpg
Views: 4104
Size:  373.1 KB

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look at the African captain, big tall with pumping biceps and dressed smartly on the flip side look at the Pak captain, malnourished and improper (untucked shirt)

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Frankfurt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So its Pepsi vs Coca Cola.... lolxxx. we know which one is better...

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to see how Naseem Shah does.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    After an intense training camp over the past week, the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s have completed their preparations ahead of the first Youth One-Day International (ODI) against Pakistan on Saturday in Chatsworth, Durban.

The seven-match series, which takes place from 22 June – 07 July in Chatsworth and Pietermaritzburg, marks an important step in both team’s preparations for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup to be hosted in South Africa early next year.

Head coach, Lawrence Mahatlane is pleased with the team’s efforts during the training camp while highlighting the conditions they have prepared to play on at the Chatsworth Oval.

“I am excited. The boys have really worked hard,” Mahatlane said during the pre-match presser on Friday. “One of the things we tried to do differently this year was to select the side a bit earlier, to give the guys an opportunity to prepare, and in the week that they have been here at camp with us, it has shown that they’ve put in a bit of work prior to today.

“This time of the year, they are very sub-continent type wickets anyway here in South Africa, it is the middle of our winter. It is about our own disciplines and it is about executing our own skill, what we’ve worked on and what the individuals understand we need to do.

“So, from our point of view, there’s been a lot of talk about our execution.” he continued.

The SA under-19s come into this series on the back of a tour to India in February, where they finished third in a Youth ODI quadrangular series, featuring India U19s ‘A’ and ‘B’ and Afghanistan U19s, with Mahatlane’s team claiming two victories over the latter.

Pakistan arrives following a narrow, 3-2 series victory over Sri Lanka U19s at the start of the month.

All-rounder, Gerald Coetzee, one of the most experienced players in the team, having played as a 16-year-old in the U19 World Cup in 2018 believes the team will stick to what they know going into this series and wants each player to take care of his own game to help the team’s efforts.

“We haven’t prepared much differently to other tours,” Coetzee stated on the eve of the encounter. “They are an under-19 team, the same level as us, both teams can be beaten on the day, so there’s nothing special to it. If we all do our processes today and pitch tomorrow, wanting to play, it’s a fair game. So, we will see tomorrow how it turns out.

“It’s just about taking responsibility. In a day like today, you know what to eat, what time you should go to bed and then start thinking about tomorrow and what you want to do. There’s not a big thing about it, I think in the team, we’ve played over one thousand matches. It’s just another game of cricket,” he concluded.

Coca-Cola South Africa U19 squad: Bryce Parsons (captain, Gauteng), Luke Beaufort (Eastern Province), Jonathan Bird (Western Province), Achille Cloete (Boland), Gerald Coetzee (Free State), Khanya Cotani (North West), Micheal Copeland (Gauteng), Andrew Louw (Free State), Akeem Minnaar (Boland), Lifa Ntanzi (KZN Coastal), Imraan Philander (Western Province), Siya Plaatjie (Western Province), Ruan Terblanche (Boland), Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province), Nonelela Yika (Border).

Series Itinerary

June 2019

Sat 22 1st Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Tue 25 2nd Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Thu 27 3rd Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Sun 30 4th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

July 2019

Tue 02 5th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Fri 05 6th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Sun 07 7th Youth ODI South Africa vs Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Web coverage on this?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MenInG will it be live streamed any where?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Look at the African captain, big tall with pumping biceps and dressed smartly on the flip side look at the Pak captain, malnourished and improper (untucked shirt)
    Lol what are you even talking about.? Rohail Nazir is extremely fit with broad shoulders for a pakistani cricketer.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But your comparison is extremely uncalled for. Javed Miandad, Sachin Tendulkar many ATGs were of small stature. Being big doesn’t equate to being fit. And tucking in shirt has got to do nothing with playing cricket so less said about that better
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st June 2019 at 22:27.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    But your comparison is extremely uncalled for. Javed Miandad, Sachin Tendulkar many ATGs were of small stature. Being big doesn’t equate to being fit. And tucking in shirt has got to do nothing with playing cricket so less said about that better
    It is a mindset. Why do armed forces put so much emphasis on prim proper uniform? Forget physique, the captain is representing the country. The least he can do is get a shirt that is not three sizes too big for him and is properly worn with sleeve not pulled upwards and tucked in, LIKE THE SOUTH AFRICAN CAPTAIN.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st June 2019 at 22:28.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although Rohail looks to be in decent shape, I do agree with you. Pakistani cricketers need some major help with grooming.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 is spot on here.

SA caption is looking more decent just with his shirt

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    looks fat to me. Ive seen plenty of "white" lurkay that age who look like that. Sometimes its just their natural physique. Rohail looks trimmed and fit. Also he is wearing an overshirt hence why he has not tucked it in. looks perfectly fine to me.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    South African Captain's hairline is already receding

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistan U19 won the toss and elected to bat first in the 1st ODI

Name:  1a317266-451b-4ee0-8b4d-169140ad2038.jpg
Views: 3845
Size:  252.0 KBName:  72923341-c360-432a-9acb-f42b4cbc96f2.jpg
Views: 3561
Size:  80.2 KBName:  7fda50c7-852b-44e9-b0ce-68b1d16a85ff.jpg
Views: 3515
Size:  65.1 KB

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any video coverage?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great start by Haider Ali.He looks promising.They should have persisted with Saim Ayub though.
    Isn't Usama Baloch eligible to play in the U19 WC?
    Why isn't he in the squad?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why do we have tuk tuks like Basit Ali?

Haider Ali looks promising

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post

Most likely he is a political selection. Utter rubbish and future TTF

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohail Nazir looks quite fit to me. The South African captain, however, looks slightly on the overweight side, or maybe he's just a bit chubby.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post

Watched Basit Ali against Sri Lanka and he was terrible to say the least should look for an alternative career. Cricket is not for him. It's beyond me how this guy is even selected.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan were:
    56/0 after 10 overs
    100/0 after 17 overs

and have now collapsed to 128/4 after 26.1 overs

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Pakistan were:
    56/0 after 10 overs
    100/0 after 17 overs

and have now collapsed to 128/4 after 26.1 overs
    5 now. This team has only got 2 batsmens who are Haider Ali and Rohail Nazir. The one which i have seen play were no better then tail enders.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    5 now. This team has only got 2 batsmens who are Haider Ali and Rohail Nazir. The one which i have seen play were no better then tail enders.
    6 now

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not after the World Cup just promote Rohail and his U19 team to the status of Pakistan senior team ? And then let any current seniors take some ‘rest’ as they are clearly tired and then re-earn their place in the national team through exceptional performances at first class level.. and mean while if any of the U19 players prove they are good enough at the top level then they should stay.

What can be worst outcome, they might lose 11 ODIs on the trot ? Like that doesn’t happen with the current superstar XI :-)

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great batting by our trundlers. Apart from Haider and Rohail all are rubbish batsmen.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Great batting by our trundlers. Apart from Haider and Rohail all are rubbish batsmen.
    Rubbish is a kind word for some of them.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak end up with 226/9 . Abbas afridi and naseem shah added 70 for the 9th wicket. Abbas 53* haider ali 60.
    Abbas is a good tall right arm medium pacer. And looked like a useful gritty lower order bat in sri lanka series

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3341
Size:  50.0 KB

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80 off 10 overs
    South Africa u19 are so bad.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    80 off 10 overs
    South Africa u19 are so bad.
    Yes Pakistan game to lose

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Abbas afridi seems to be decent allrounder.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nasim shah should pick few wicket

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Abbas afridi seems to be decent allrounder.
    He's needs to improve his bowling, wasn't good enough in Sri Lanka. But, he has performed well under pressure so far including Sri Lanka series.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing comeback by pak. From being 150/8 to winning the match

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know who Abbas Afridi is? Played a good knock today.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naseem Shah looks good.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM97 View Post
    Does anyone know who Abbas Afridi is? Played a good knock today.
    I believe he's the nephew of Umar gul.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM97 View Post
    Naseem Shah looks good.
    Where are you watching?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Result? Or is the match still going on?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely, you're not being serious?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan U19 have won by 17 runs

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Result? Or is the match still going on?
    We won the 1st match by 17 runs.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good outing for,haider, afridi,akhtar and nasim .hopefully nasim carry this form