Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Euro T20 Slam - Inaugural 2019 edition postponed

The eyes of the cricketing world will turn towards England next month, as the first ball of the 2019 World Cup is bowled at the Oval in London on May 30th.

Eoin Morgan’s hosts are currently the top ranked nation in ODI cricket, and are favourites to win the tournament – which finishes on July 14th – for the first time this summer.

Their preparation for world domination begins in earnest on Friday, when they take on Ireland in a 50-over clash in Malahide.

But while Friday’s fixture is the first act in an epic cricketing year for the visitors – with the Ashes to follow in August and September – Ireland will cruelly be frustrated onlookers during the World Cup.

The decision to reduce the numbers for the 2019 World Cup from 14 to 10 means Ireland – despite being one of the 12 Full Members of the International Cricket Council (ICC) – miss out, having failed to qualify at the expense of the West Indies and Afghanistan.

In a year when Ireland will play a historic four-day Test match at Lord’s in July, missing out on the World Cup is a huge blow, especially given the headline victories they have achieved in the 2007, 2011 and 2015 editions of the tournament.

However, despite that disappointment 2019 still promises to be a big one for Irish cricket, and on Tuesday morning the inaugural Euro T20 Slam was launched in Dublin.

The Euro T20 Slam is a new competition which will see six city franchises from Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands – the latter two are also World Cup absentees – play each other over a series of 33 matches from August 30th to September 22nd.

It will be held across three cities – Dublin, Edinburgh and Amsterdam – with the aim of mixing together local talent with some of the game’s more illustrious names, in a fashion similar to the widely successful Indian Premier League (IPL).

Ireland’s two franchises are the Dublin Chiefs and the Belfast Titans, both of whom will play their home fixtures at Malahide, and they are joined in the competition by the Amsterdam Kings, Rotterdam Rhinos, Glasgow Giants and Edinburgh Rocks.

Pakistan great Wasim Akram – who took 421 wickets at Test level – is a member of Euro T20 advisory committee and suggested the Slam will be important in the development of Irish cricket and its cricketers.

He said: “It’s going to be huge for Cricket Ireland, for Scotland and of course the Netherlands as well. In terms of developing cricket nations, Afghanistan and Ireland have moved up the ladder in recent years. But I think after the Euro T20 Slam Irish cricket will improve a lot.

“Irish players will be rubbing shoulders with the modern greats. They’ll get to see how they train, how they work, how their mindset works.”

The six players confirmed for the competition so far are former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum – once one of the most feared batsmen in ODI cricket – as well as Australia’s Shane Watson and Chris Lynn, Pakistan’s Babar Azam, New Zealand’s Luke Ronchi and Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan.

Each franchise squad must contain at least nine domestic players, with up to seven from overseas. The makeup of each squad will be confirmed via a player draft on June 30th.

This October sees the qualifiers for the 2020 T20 World Cup held in the UAE, and Akram believes the Slam will provide Ireland with invaluable experience as they bid for a place in Australia.

“I do watch Irish cricket on and off and they’re very talented,” he said. “They just needed something like this – it’s consistent, for three or four weeks they’ll play cricket day in day out working with the top coaches.”

There might be no World Cup for Ireland, but there’s still a grand slam to look forward to.

Euro T20 Slam fixtures
    VRA Academy, Amsterdam

Friday, August 30: Amsterdam Kings v Rotterdam Rhinos (11.30am), Glasgow Giants v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Saturday, August 31: Edinburgh Rocks v Dublin Chiefs (11.30am), Amsterdam Kings v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Sunday, September 1: Glasgow Giants v Dublin Chiefs (11.30am), Edinburgh Rocks v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Monday, September 2: Rotterdam Rhinos v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Tuesday, September 3: Amsterdam Kings v Edinburgh Rocks (3.30pm)

Wednesday, September 4: Edinburgh Rocks v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Thursday, September 5: Amsterdam Kings v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

The Grange, Edinburgh

Friday, September 6: Edinburgh Rocks v Glasgow Giants (11.30am), Rotterdam Rhinos v Belfast Titans (3.30pm)

Saturday, September 7: Amsterdam Kings v Dublin Chiefs (11.30am), Edinburgh Rocks v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

Sunday, September 8: Belfast Titans v Amsterdam Kings (11.30am), Dublin Chiefs v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

Monday, September 9: Glasgow Giants v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

Tuesday, September 10: Edinburgh Rocks v Dublin Chiefs (3.30pm)

Wednesday, September 11: Dublin Chiefs v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

Thursday, September 12: Edinburgh Rocks v Glasgow Giants (3.30pm)

Malahide

Friday, September 13: Dublin Chiefs v Belfast Titans (11.30am), Glasgow Giants v Rotterdam Rhinos (3.30pm)

Saturday, September 14: Amsterdam Kings v Edinburgh Rocks (11.30am), Dublin Chiefs v Glasgow Giants (3.30pm)

Sunday, September 15: Edinburgh Rocks v Rotterdam Rhinos (11.30am), Amsterdam Kings v Glasgow Giants (3.30pm)

Monday, September 16: Belfast Titans v Glasgow Giants (3.30pm)

Tuesday, September 17: Dublin Chiefs v Amsterdam Kings (3.30pm)

Wednesday, September 18: Amsterdam Kings v Glasgow Giants (3.30pm)

Thursday, September 19: Dublin Chiefs v Belfast Titans

Knockout stage

Saturday, September 21: Semi-finals (11.30am & 3.30pm)

Sunday, September 22: Final (3.30pm)

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/oth...slam-1.3876352

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games scheduled in the NL during September. Chances of rain/washouts.

Will try to attend the Rotterdam games.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am not wrong this is Babar's first overseas gig apart from maybe the BPL. Hope he does well.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Frankfurt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    If I am not wrong this is Babar's first overseas gig apart from maybe the BPL. Hope he does well.
    He did play in CPL for one season. I think it was for Guyana.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be there for the Amsterdam leg!

Can't wait to see Babar Sher playing.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to Babar

I hope he makes a name overseas.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not only Babar Azam, all of our main players should sign up for this league because our great PCB hasn't scheduled any kind of cricket for us after the WC, till October.

Atleast, this will provide some sort of entertainment along with money for the players. I think we will see Fakhar Zaman, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfraz Ahmed, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Afridi, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hasnain and Usman Shinwari also taking part eventually.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post

Should meet up again, bro!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakwalajinn View Post
    Should meet up again, bro!
    Pehle Morocco ki to jaan chorde :p

Yea these matches should be awesome with some very good T20 players involved.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A T20 league (apart from PSL) which is actually worth watching for me. I want to see cricket grow.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nahi chorna, ishq waale sheher mein bhi ishq na karo to laanat hai!

thats a good ground, but awfully difficult to drive in there, where do they plan to get the spectators to sit?

عبدي أنت تريد ، وأنا أريد ، ولا يكون إلا ما أريد ، فإن سلمت لي فيما تريد كفيتك ما تريد

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamz View Post
    nahi chorna, ishq waale sheher mein bhi ishq na karo to laanat hai!

thats a good ground, but awfully difficult to drive in there, where do they plan to get the spectators to sit?
    Hahahaha... at least someone got it!

I have a lot of friends in that "region". So planning on flying to South Germany, rent a car and then drive my way upwards and eastwards and end up in Amsterdam. Most likely watch one of the games on Saturday or Sunday. What do you think?

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    InshAllah looking forward to the games! Hoping to attend the games in Edinburgh inshAllah!

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually bro just got the plane tickets! Let's plan closer and get tickets together so we can sit together for the Amsterdam matches. Will be either on Saturday or Sunday (first weekend).

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha... at least someone got it!

I have a lot of friends in that "region". So planning on flying to South Germany, rent a car and then drive my way upwards and eastwards and end up in Amsterdam. Most likely watch one of the games on Saturday or Sunday. What do you think?
    Sounds good. Let me know.

Hopefully there will be more Pakistani players participating.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi announced as icon player for Euro T20 Slam

Duminy and Tahir will join as marquee players

Former Pakistani captain Shahid Afridi has joined the Euro T20 Slam as icon player while South African T-20 team’s vice-captain JP Duminy and his country mate Imran Tahir will be among the six marquee players. The three weeks long tournament will be held in Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands from 30th August – 22nd September 2019.

Afridi will be among six icon players along with Shane Watson from Australia, Brendon McCullum from New Zealand and Rashid Khan from Afghanistan. Duminy and Tahir will join the likes of Chris Lynn from Australia, Babar Azam from Pakistan and Luke Ronchi from New Zealand as marquee players.

The remaining two icon players and one marquee player’s names will be announced soon.

The six franchises - Amsterdam Kings & Rotterdam Rhinos from Netherlands, Glasgow Giants & Edinburgh Rocks from Scotland and Dublin Chiefs & Belfast Titans from Ireland, will try to pick these icon and marquee players in the draft.

GS Holding Inc and Woods Entertainment (promoters of the league) have expressed gratitude and are hopeful to attract many star players going forward.

Mr. Gurmeet Singh, GS Holding Inc, said,

“Having a field of star-studded players from all different continents is very exciting and a step forward in making Euro T20 Slam a huge success. The icon and marquee players will not just attract the local and overseas players but also the sponsors. We are hoping to get similar response from the sponsors from all across the world to come and join us as franchises owners and make this league a benchmark in T20 cricket.”

Shahid Afridi who is the leading wicket taker in T20 international cricket, said,

“I have enjoyed my early days in cricket playing in Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Kent. I am expecting similar kind of surfaces and weather in Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands. It is the part of the world where we won our only World T20 title. I am really excited to go out there and entertain the fans."

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lala is coming!

Now I will definitely go to the Amsterdam leg.

Excited.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Actually bro just got the plane tickets! Let's plan closer and get tickets together so we can sit together for the Amsterdam matches. Will be either on Saturday or Sunday (first weekend).
    I would love to join you guys. Keep me updated. I can easily make it for Amsterdam matches

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gosh there is so much money out there

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    I would love to join you guys. Keep me updated. I can easily make it for Amsterdam matches
    Most likely the matches on Sunday. What do you say?

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s really nice to see guys from Netherlands and from Europe on this forum it’s amazing how there are fans everywhere on pakpassion from different parts of the world

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Gosh there is so much money out there

It’s great for young guys who come from poor backgrounds honestly we can make fun of IPL and all but it has made many lives of many individuals and I even saw a documentary of one player he had 10 siblings and they only had like 2 rooms to live in but after IPL he bought his family a huge house it’s good stuff

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Most likely the matches on Sunday. What do you say?
    Sounds good. Both Saturdays and sundays are fine for me.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone from Almere here?

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    World’s first continent based T20 cricket league - Euro T20 Slam has recruited South African fast bowler Dale Steyn and New Zealand’s opening batsman Martin Guptill as one of the marquee and icon players respectively. The new T20 league is set to take place in Ireland, Scotland and Netherland from 30th August – 22nd September, 2019.

Steyn who was ruled out of the ICC World Cup 2019 due to an injury, will be one of the marquee names along with his fellow countrymen JP Duminy and Imran Tahir, Australia’s Chris Lynn, Pakistan’s Babar Azam and New Zealand’s Luke Ronchi.

Guptill who is the first Kiwi cricketer to have scored a first double century in the ODI format, will join his former skipper Brendon McCullum, Eoin Morgan of England, former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi, Australian’s Shane Watson and Rashid Khan from Afghanistan as the icon players.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Mumbai, 5th July – The much anticipated Players' draft for the inaugural Euro T20 Slam will take place in London on 19th July, 2019. Around 700 players from 22 nations have registered for the draft through the official website of the Euro T20 Slam from 27th May – 30th June, 2019. The names of the players from Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands will be given from their respective cricket boards. Each icon player will have USD 135,000 to his kitty while each marquee player will fetch USD 115,000. The league will get underway from 30th August, 2019 in Amsterdam and go on till 22nd September, 2019.

Each of the six franchises can pick a minimum of five and a maximum of seven overseas players from the price category of USD 80,000, USD 65,000, USD 50,000, USD 35,000 and USD 20,000. Local players from Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands will be available at a price purse of USD 35,000, USD 20,000 and USD 10,000 and a franchise will have to pick at least nine local players.

As per the league guidelines, each team will have to play at least six local players and a maximum of five overseas players in the playing eleven.

All six franchises – Amsterdam Knights, Rotterdam Rhinos, Edinburgh Rocks, Glasgow Giants, Dublin Chiefs and Belfast Titans will be given an opportunity to pre decide their icon players and marquee players. The icon players are Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Eoin Morgan, Shahid Afridi, Shane Watson and Rashid Khan while the marquee players are Dale Steyn, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, Chris Lynn, Babar Azam and Luke Ronchi.

Some of the top players who have registered for the draft are Ben Cutting, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Kusal Perera, Angelo Mathews, Mohammad Amir, Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Afridi, Colin Ingram and Tymal Mills. The list of all the registered players will be released soon.

The live broadcast of the draft will be on the ET20s social media platforms from 10 AM (GMT) and 2:30 PM (IST) onwards.

Mr. Prashant Mishra, Woods Entertainment, promoter of the league said,
    “We are thrilled to receive several entries for the draft from across the globe. Having seen the interest of so many players in the inaugural Euro T20 Slam, I can already feel that the league will be a grand success. We are also looking forward to welcoming all the franchise owners, our board members of the advisory committee and some of the key players at the draft.”

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB yet to give clearance to Pakistan players named in T20 leagues in Canada and Europe

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board is yet to give clearance to the players who have signed up for the Global T20 League in Canada and the European T20 League, according to official sources.

Pakistani players Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Nawaz and Umar Akmal have been named by the Canadian T20 franchises but a PCB official said that the Board has not yet given clearance to the players for the event or the European T20 league.

Apart from Afridi, who is now retired and can play in any league, all the other players require No Objection Certificates (NoCs) from the PCB as, with the exception of Akmal, they all are contracted with the Board.

The official said the PCB has, however, given NoCs to some players to play in the English T20 Blast, starting this week.

"Babar Azam is playing for Somerset, Muhammad Aamir for Essex, Fakhar Zaman for Glamorgan, Faheem Ashraf for Northamptonshire while Imad Wasim has also applied to play for a county," the official told PTI.

The Canadian T20 Global League is scheduled to start later this month and end mid-August while the European T20 League is from late August to late September.

Asked about PCB's rules about giving NOCs to players for foreign T20 leagues, the official said since the World Cup has ended the policy is likely to be reviewed at the Cricket Committee meeting later this month.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/70245775.cms

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Amir, Babar, Fakhar, Nawaz, Afridi, Shinwari and Shehzad picked in the draft so far.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Burnley/Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Amir, Babar, Fakhar, Nawaz, Afridi, Shinwari and Shehzad picked in the draft so far.
    For euro slam?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisalabadimunda View Post
    For euro slam?
    Yes.

Shaheen also.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total number of Pakistani players up to 11.

Anwar Ali and Mohammad Ilyaas picked as Supplementary Players.

Babar Azam (marquee)
    Hassan Ali
    Fakhar Zaman
    Ahmed Shahzad
    Usman Shinwari
    Mohammad Nawaz
    Mohammad Amir
    Shaheen Afridi
    Shahid Afridi (Icon)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which teams have the Pakistani players been picked for

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How much are they paying

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Not sure how many will get nocs?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSA and Fakhar Zaman representing Rotterdam...

It can’t get better for me!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I hope Babar Azam, M Aamir and Shaheen Shan dont get the NOCz... Fakhar could use this to get some form back.. he desperatly neesds some confidence on his back.. rest i dont care..

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali should be back in Pakistan working hard on what went wrong during the WC rather than playing useless pyjama leagues.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed that Glasgow only got Shinwari... wish we'd got a couple of others. Might try and get to a game anyway, especially if they are playing Dublin so I can see Amir and Babar playing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure there will come a time when cricketers can play in T20 and T10 tournaments for 12 months of the year.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    How much are they paying
    The top international picks are coming out with around 120,000 us dollars.

Then the later picks around 40-60 I think.

Marquee local players bank 35,000 dollars.
    Tier 2 local players 20.000
    Tier 3 10,000

Great money for the local guys anyway for whats basically three weeks work.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Team called Amsterdam Knights - you have Ahmed Shehzad and Hasan Ali........what could possibly go wrong.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    The top international picks are coming out with around 120,000 us dollars.

Then the later picks around 40-60 I think.

Marquee local players bank 35,000 dollars.
    Tier 2 local players 20.000
    Tier 3 10,000

Great money for the local guys anyway for whats basically three weeks work.
    That's a decent whack- do they have a good TV deal.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That's a decent whack- do they have a good TV deal.
    I'd say so. Being realistic this is being made for Indian cricket fans and TV audiences and it has a big Indian influence e.g Kumble so you'd imagine they'll have a decent tv rights deal lined up.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The likes of Shaheen, Amir and Hasan shouldn’t be playing bottom tier T20 leagues like this. Especially Shaheen, who looks to be very injury prone, looking at his stature.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued No Objection Certificates (NOCs) to five cricketers for participation in the Global T20 League that will get underway at Toronto (Canada) from July 25. The players who got NOCs include:

Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz and Umar Akmal.

In the Global T-20 League, six teams are participating. The League will end on 11th August. The NOC requests from these players were reviewed by the PCB International Department. The NOCs have been issued since there are at present no international or domestic cricket commitments for these players.

https://fp.brecorder.com/2019/07/20190720498934/
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th July 2019 at 13:19.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More reasons to support Rotterdam Rhinos. Hopefully I will be there for few matches.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a tournament perspective, Dublin got the best Pakistani talent.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going to support Rotterdam Rhinos since they have Shaheen and Fakhar

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    European T20 Slam: Belfast Titans sign Shahid Afridi and JP Duminy in draft

The Belfast Titans have signed Pakistan fast bowler Shahid Afridi and South Africa's JP Duminy for the inaugural European T20 Slam.

Other international players joining the Titans after Friday's draft in London include England's Luke Wright and New Zealander Mitchell McClenaghan.

England's World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan has been signed by the Dublin Chiefs for the newest T20 tournament on the global calendar.

The event will begin on 30 August.

It will finish on 22 September and will see six teams from each of Ireland, Holland and Scotland compete over 33 games.

Duminy's fellow South African Colin Ingram was also signed by Belfast at the draft.

Joining Morgan in the Dublin panel are Pakistan internationals Babar Azam and Mohammad Amir as well as former Australian international Daniel Christian.

Afridi has scored 1,416 runs in 99 T20Is for Pakistan and claimed 98 wickets at an average of 24.44.

Duminy has played 81 T20Is for South Africa, scoring over 1,900 runs at an average of 38.68. The 35-year-old has also been successful with the ball, claiming 21 scalps at a fraction over 28 each.

Mark Adair, Shane Getkate, Andrew McBrine, Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Greg Thompson, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson and Craig Young will all represent the Belfast Titans.

Meanwhile, Andrew Balbirnie, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Tyrone Kane, Josh Little, Kevin O'Brien, Simi Singh, Harry Tector and Lorcan Tucker will join the Dublin Chiefs.

Belfast Titans squad: Mark Adair, Shahid Afridi, JP Duminy, Shane Getkate, Mohammad Ilyas, Colin Ingram, Andrew McBrine, Mitchell McClenaghan, Mohammad Nawaz, Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Aaron Summers, Greg Thompson, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson, Craig Young

Dublin Chiefs squad: Mohammad Amir, Babar Azam, Andrew Balbirnie, Corbin Bosch, Daniel Christian, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Rob Frylinck, Harry Gurney, Tyrone Kane, Josh Little, Eoin Morgan, Kevin O'Brien, Simi Singh, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49050112

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know where you can buy tickets for this? Nothing on their website and can't seem to find on any of the generic event sales websites either.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't see it lasting. These are big salaries and with the small markets in all 3 countries and the threat of poor weather, this will be short lived experiment. If they can make it work, then it will amazing for the countries involved

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    The likes of Shaheen, Amir and Hasan shouldn’t be playing bottom tier T20 leagues like this. Especially Shaheen, who looks to be very injury prone, looking at his stature.
    Babar should be the last person playing this tbh

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan, who had an indifferent outing for his national side in World Cup 2019, will be next seen playing in Euro T20 Slam. Rashid, who will play for Rotterdam Rhinos under the coaching of former South Africa opener Herschelle Gibbs, expressed disappointment at the absence of the Indian players from the tournament, adding that he hopes to see those who have retired from international cricket play in such leagues. Speaking on the sidelines of player auction in London, Rashid said, "Definitely. Always great to play and be with them. Playing alongside them (Indian players). Hopefully we will get some Indian players...I think it's allowed to have those players who retired from international cricket. I have enjoyed playing alongside them in the IPL".

Six teams namely, Amsterdam Knights, Rotterdam Rhinos, Edinburgh Rocks, Glasgow Giants, Dublin Chiefs and Belfast Titans will participate in the inaugural tournament which will begin on August 30 and culminate on September 22.

The player auction of the Euro T20 Slam, which will take place in Scotland, the Netherlands and Ireland, was held in London.

Rashid was all praise for his franchise coach Herschelle Gibbs and said that the team will learn a lot from him as he "brings in a lot of experience" to the table.

"It's great to have Gibss as he has been a great player and brings in a lot of experience," said Rashid who was recently appointed Afghanistan captain across all formats.

On the league, he said: "It will give a chance to youngsters who can show their skill to the world, the domestic players especially."

As per the league guidelines, each team will have to play at least six local players and a maximum of five overseas players in the playing XI.

All the six franchises will be given an opportunity to decide their icon and marquee players beforehand.

The icon players are Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Eoin Morgan, Shahid Afridi, Shane Watson and Rashid while the marquee players are Dale Steyn, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, Chris Lynn, Babar Azam and Luke Ronchi.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/rash...0-slam-2072335

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell

So many T20 leagues. Players like Nawaz are earning so much in a year, no wonder test cricket is dying.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    It's so silly for the PCB to let their star assets play in such leagues. On one extreme you have the BCCI which don't let their players play in any foreign T20 leagues but then you have these cases where world class players are playing in such nonsense leagues just so they can earn an extra $5-10k.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely going to a match in Amsterdam and while Im at it give shezzy some batting tips

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Edit - didn't see the salaries when I posted my previous post, can see now why this tournament is so appealing to the players and how difficult it would therefore be to stop them playing. That's a lot of money for such a league.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    Anyone know where you can buy tickets for this? Nothing on their website and can't seem to find on any of the generic event sales websites either.
    I imagine all games will be a "show up and buy your tickets at the gate" type affair. Maybe I'm wrong but I dont see many sell outs.

I don't see it lasting. These are big salaries and with the small markets in all 3 countries and the threat of poor weather, this will be short lived experiment. If they can make it work, then it will amazing for the countries involved
    I was thinking this myself when this was first rumoured, but now I'm not so sure. Rain obviously will be a threat but thats simply a fact of life and unavoidable. I was also surprised to learn that September is actually the driest month, in Ireland anyway, on average.

Ultimately unless we know how much cash these guys can make from TV rights its hard to say. That being said I doubt these guys would be spending so much money unless they'd done their research. Fact is Indians/Pakistanis etc crave t20 cricket and during this period there's actually a gap. CPL isnt at a viewable time for Indians and I'm not sure if the english county comp is even broadcast over there. So a short three week tournament with some big name players who knows it may have a chance.

Either way this crowd have signed a ten year deal with the three boards so I'd imagine they'll commit for that long at least. If a Canadian league can survive surely this can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Edit - didn't see the salaries when I posted my previous post, can see now why this tournament is so appealing to the players and how difficult it would therefore be to stop them playing. That's a lot of money for such a league.
    Its very interesting to me how many county players have signed up for this. Samit Patel, Van der Merwe, Gurney, loads of Scottish and Dutch players etc. Cricinfo reporting that the counties will try hold firm so this could escalate into a serious disagreement.

What is certain is that the marquee and icon players are signed up and will leave the counties early, which is a serious win for this competition. I suppose the Vitality Blast lasting two months makes it less appealing for some.

Exciting times ahead!

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine all games will be a "show up and buy your tickets at the gate" type affair. Maybe I'm wrong but I dont see many sell outs.

I was thinking this myself when this was first rumoured, but now I'm not so sure. Rain obviously will be a threat but thats simply a fact of life and unavoidable. I was also surprised to learn that September is actually the driest month, in Ireland anyway, on average.
    Thanks, hopefully tickets are easily available on the day then. It'd be annoying to travel across to Edinburgh and then not get into the stadium!

Scotland's weather is the same. It's usually the best during September when it nearly always gets described as an "Indian summer" in the papers!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where will the cricket matches be helin Glasgow and Edinburgh, anyone know?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    Where will the cricket matches be helin Glasgow and Edinburgh, anyone know?
    It looks like the games will only be at the Grange in Edinburgh. Sadly no games in Glasgow.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    It looks like the games will only be at the Grange in Edinburgh. Sadly no games in Glasgow.
    Its alternating every year between the cities, so this year is Amsterdam Edinburgh Dublin, next year is Rotterdam Glasgow and Belfast

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its alternating every year between the cities, so this year is Amsterdam Edinburgh Dublin, next year is Rotterdam Glasgow and Belfast
    Cool hopefully we get the same calibre of players next year too!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MenInG @Saj

Where can I buy tickets for the Amsterdam leg.

Thanks in advance.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    @MenInG @Saj

Where can I buy tickets for the Amsterdam leg.

Thanks in advance.
    ? @Saj @MenInG

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    A T20 league (apart from PSL) which is actually worth watching for me. I want to see cricket grow.
    yes you are right

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    You can check via their site - google it

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no yaar.

Was looking forward to see SSA, Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh no yaar.

Was looking forward to see SSA, Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman.
    Considering the dates, I doubt they would've gotten NOCs.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the dates, I doubt they would've gotten NOCs.
    Hmm valid point.

Maybe PCB knew it would get postponed...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note, weather might have played spoilsports.

It is forecasted to be disgusting weather during next month in the Netherlands.

Don’t know about Scotland and Ireland.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow... just booked plane tickets but had a gut feeling and decided to book the refundable ones...

Sad turn of events, was really looking forward to this!

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    75% of the games would have probably been washed out, leading to losses, maybe a smart decision int he grand scheme of things.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Wow... just booked plane tickets but had a gut feeling and decided to book the refundable ones...

Sad turn of events, was really looking forward to this!
    Uff - that's bad.

Would have been a good tournament.

Now likes of Amir have to find alternate ways of earning money in that time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao.This made me chuckle.