Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    The last time I checked, I think Babar was 18th ranked in tests. So he is improving. Last year he was in the top 5 batsmen in terms of average. So he is starting to score runs, it's just a matter of time he starts playing some big innings, that will be remembered for years and will be impactful. I think Australia is the perfect opportunity for him to do that. A Pakistani who scores runs in Australia is always regarded very highly.
    Need to get out there early. That is unlikely given it is only a 2 test series☹️

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    What a phenomenonal talent this lad ,Tom banton is.If no team signs him up for this years psl,I WILL NOT WATCH THIS YEARS PSL,PERIOD!!
    I hope Babar Azam puts in a good word for him.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I hope Babar Azam puts in a good word for him.
    I think he will and he should!

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Need to get out there early. That is unlikely given it is only a 2 test series☹️
    Wasim Khan has said that the team, or at least the batsmen, will be sent to train at Perth 4 weeks prior to the series. That is plenty of time for them to get used to conditions.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Reality check. Softie Azam
    What about his world cup hundred?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Reality check. Softie Azam
    Its a Trap

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam smashed a hundred by hitting a six on the last ball. He was in the 70s in the 18th over and reached his century in the 20th over. Just amazing how he is learning and evolving.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truly fantastic to watch Babar bat

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Somerset’s prolific opening partnership of Babar Azam and Tom Banton currently occupy two of the top three spots in the PCA’s Vitality Blast Most Valuable Player Rankings.

The duo, also the top two run-scorers in this year’s Blast, have piled on runs for the Taunton-based side whilst simultaneously piling pressure on the leader of the format-specific MVP Ranking, Durham’s D’Arcy Short.

It was a tale of two centuries for the pair this week, with the first coming for Pakistan international Azam against Hampshire at the Ageas Bowl on Friday.

The wind and rain eventually limited the fixture to 32.1 overs in total, but Azam swept the gloom aside with a sparkling 102 not out from just 55 balls, including seven fours and six maximums. Ably aided by skipper Tom Abell (57 from 36), Azam’s innings accounted for over 50% of his side’s 202-4, helping the 24-year-old to 41.25 MVP points and his side to a 63-run victory via DLS.

Although Banton only managed one in that game, he was not to be outdone by his esteemed colleague, all but matching Azam’s feat just a day later.

The 20-year-old confirmed his reputation as the most exciting young player in T20 cricket by taking centre stage in Somerset’s big victory over high-flying Kent Spitfires. With Azam run out for nine early on, Banton revelled in the extra pressure to post a sublime 100 from just 52 balls – his maiden T20 ton – and claim the MVP award for the game, along with most of the plaudits.

Despite having earned nine extra MVP fielding points over his colleague, wicketkeeper Banton sits four points behind Azam in the Blast MVP, with the pair currently occupying third and second position respectively.

https://www.thepca.co.uk/press-relea...last-mvp-race/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam has taken the 2019 Vitality Blast by storm.

The Pakistan batsman has scored 434 runs at an average of 62 with a strike rate of 152.82.

We sat down with him at the Cooper Associates County Ground earlier this week to discuss his 2019.

How would you describe you year so far?

“Definitely so far, so good! I’ve spent quite a bit of time in England with Pakistan and now Somerset. I’ve really enjoyed it so far and have become accustomed to the conditions now. I was really pleased with how my World Cup went, and that has given me a lot of confidence moving forward.

“It was my first World Cup and although it was a big challenge, it was something I really enjoyed. The atmosphere at all the Pakistan games was amazing and so many people turned up to cheer us on. We were all very grateful to the fans for their support.”

What is it like playing for Somerset?

“I quickly found out about the fantastic history of Somerset and was very happy to come and play here. There are lovely people supporting us here in Taunton and everyone has been very welcoming to me, which I would like to thank everybody for. The support staff and coaches have also helped me a lot in my time so far. I will try my very best to perform in every match for the people of Somerset and so far I’m pleased with my performances.”

Tell us about your cricketing journey.

“I didn’t start playing cricket until I was about 12 years old, where I began my career at Club level. Although I started quite late, I fell in love with the game and played a lot in the streets before my parents helped me find a club.

“I went from U15 level through to U23 level before playing for Pakistan A. I was very happy that after one further year, I was called into the Pakistan team. Making my ODI debut in my home town of Lahore was a special feeling. I felt very honoured to make my debut there against Zimbabwe and was really happy to get a half-century.”

How do you see your game in red-ball cricket?

“I definitely feel like there is more to come from me in First Class and Test cricket. I have done okay in the white-ball game recently, but I really want to prove myself in Test cricket, so I will be doing my best to achieve my goals in this format.

“I’m really looking forward to playing a Specsavers County Championship match for Somerset at Edgbaston. Hopefully I can score a few runs and help Somerset win the match. I know the Club are close to winning that first title, so fingers crossed I can play a small part in this.”

What are your career goals?

“I really want to aim as high as I can throughout the rest of my career, and perform to the best of my ability for Pakistan over a long period of time. I love playing cricket. I want to enjoy my career and play with a smile on my face.”

https://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/n...aving-a-blast/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening the batting?

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    united Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    0(1) for Babar Azam today on a pretty flat deck. Was looking forward to watching him bat. 😭

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar in at #4 and out for a golden duck. Clipped off his pads straight to the fielder.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the stream on just waiting for him and wecharra got out first ball i missed it...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Soft dismissal.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So disappointing. I was expecting better.
    And to think it was just a bad shot and not a peach of a delivery or something

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Sir-fraz; 21st August 2019 at 16:34.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting well at the moment. He is out if the t20 mindset and into the red ball one. It seems like he enjoys batting with Tom Banton.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar out for 40. Good little innings, but a bad time to get out.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Somerset win by 5 wickets vs Warwickshire

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is this his only FC game for Somerset?

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Is this his only FC game for Somerset?
    Probably, as he is expected to return to Pakistan for the QEA Trophy after the upcoming T20 Blast games.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Babar batting on 38* in a big chase for Somerset.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)