Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fakhar Zaman or Imad Wasim should be our next Limited Overs captain

I think Fakhar or Imad would do a great job as a captain.

LO: Fakhar Zaman
    LO vice-captain: Shadab Khan

Tests: Babar Azam
    Tests vice-captain: Shadab Khan

Both are mentally tough and are naturally aggressive.

We need an aggressive captain atm and not a timid one who gets in his shell when luck isnít favoring us.

Thoughts, PPers?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's just calm down on this for now. Sarfraz is the captain till the WC. Let's see what happens. Fakhar could be out of the team if he has a bad tournament. Shadab shouldn't be a certainty in the team.

Let's wait and see what happens.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From Hack to Captain in one day, what a journey.

Not talking about OP specifically.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    From Hack to Captain in one day, what a journey.

Not talking about OP specifically.
    Iíve been saying this for a while about Fakhar.

I was impressed from what I saw in Pakistan Cup and PSL.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strictly speaking of Imad captaincy during Australia series, I was honestly impressed how aggressive his fielding tactics were. He only had secondary bowlers his fielding tactics were fantastic.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lets wait up now. There's still the CWC to come and from there we will see where this team is going?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why would you appoint an almost 30 years old as captain when he will be 35 by the time next World Cup comes?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best option would be Imad

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    +1

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only if maddy was a proper athlete, from one Fatsu to another, Thanks but no thanks.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I see many fans here severely criticizing Sarfraz; not just for his captaincy but also for his batting and keeping.

But this is a very good thread to ask those fans.... what are our options if Sarfraz is removed from captaincy? Have those fan even thought about that?

Fakhar & Babar have no experience of captaincy, I think. I would not put captaincy burdon on the two best batsmen in the team. That might impact their batting performance!

Imad (a poor man's Afridi) does not even belong in the ODI team - if we find a better option!

Who are we left with to replace Sarfraz ...... at the captaincy? Malik or Hafeez? Ha!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see people naming imad and fakhar. But let me clear this out, people do not lie when they say that if not sarfraz then who else should be captain. As their is a severe lack of leadership material players in the Pakistani team. No one really inspires the confidence or ability of a leader.

Let's take Imad first. He is a player that although he is our best lower order hitter, his place is still questionable. This is due to his non threathening spin bowling. Apart from that, his also injured quite frequently so therefore him being captain could not be possible.

On the other hand, fakhar almost always makes the xi. He in my opinion could be a better choice as captain. But only if he could improve his batting technique and put a price on his wicket. It's not a good sign to see the captain out caught at long off first ball.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad average 45 with the ball, and other than a few impressive 20s and 30s he has done nothing with the bat

Fakhar is arguably the most important player in the Pakistani set up, but he is extremely inconsistent. And he seems a pretty passive and low key person.
    Not sure he would be comfortable commanding a team. Although better candidate than Imad, Babar and Shadab for sure

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pakistan lost 5-0 to aus recently whose captain was imad wasim .he is mental midget and cannot finish the game for pakistan also his age is plus .if we have to experiment than it should some one youngster like babar azam

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Agreed, he's the natural leader in this side.

Always leads from the front with the bat and sets a good example with his selfless approach. He carries himself well on the field unlike Sarfraz, so no more of this garbage like "oiii k**a", "perhaps India is scared of Pakistan" and on Fakhar: "pathaan walay shots".

Imad is one of the few players who can sledge the opposition, whilst the others are too weak, timid and have a poor grasp of english.

Problem with making Babar Azam captain is the fact that he's a timid personality and if he cannot lead from the front in a run chase scenario (like we saw on Sat), how do we expect him to deal with the burden of captaincy?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35 View Post
    I see many fans here severely criticizing Sarfraz; not just for his captaincy but also for his batting and keeping.

But this is a very good thread to ask those fans.... what are our options if Sarfraz is removed from captaincy? Have those fan even thought about that?

Fakhar & Babar have no experience of captaincy, I think. I would not put captaincy burdon on the two best batsmen in the team. That might impact their batting performance!

Imad (a poor man's Afridi) does not even belong in the ODI team - if we find a better option!

Who are we left with to replace Sarfraz ...... at the captaincy? Malik or Hafeez? Ha!
    Afridi didn't belong in the ODI side either, Sarfraz doesn't belong in the ODI side either.

Best option is Imad.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar's captaincy for the LQ was horrendous!

Imad is not does not even have a guaranteed spot in the playing XI.