Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to learn when to accelerate. The best batters know when to accelerate and when to rotate the strike. It is possible to play for your 100 and still bat at the correct tempo.

Babar doesn't have Roy ability to hit boundaries at will. I want to see Babar bat with more intent earlier in his innings.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan had held their catches Roy would have been flop in this ODI series. He os a Fakhar Zaman type of player, explosive bit give you chances.

Babar is a different class, he playes mostly down on the ground. He lacks some muscles. That is why it is important to open with him.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They are two different players...

Babar can't hit boundaries the way Roy can...Babar is good at what he's good at...finding gaps for boundaries in the powerplays and rotating strike...

Asking him to try get a 160 SR is just asking for him to be dismissed early...he tried to hard with the acceleration today and ended up getting dismissed...

I'd much rather someone like him who rotates the strike be partnered with someone who is a big hitter...

I really don't get the criticism he gets...he's amazing at what he is good at ...asking him to be Roy would make him a less productive player...

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Jason Roy was dropped twice but the way he plays for his team, Babar Azam like losers can't even think or be 10% mindset of such sportspersons.

Selfish Azam compromised team total for his personal score. Afvter he got his 100 he hit couple of boundaries and got out. He and the deadwood senior Shoaib Malik played over 100+ dot balls on this wicket and ground where short jabs were going over the fence.

Its the selectors fault the kind of selfish and poor investment they have done for Pakistan team. Babar Azam like player would not even come close to the 90s Pakistani side. Such people were abhorred class or no class. What good that player would be when he is playing for his own place without giving a damn his team wins or loses.
    Sure Babar has his weaknesses but damn man you seem like you have a serious agenda.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jason Roy was dropped twice but the way he plays for his team, Babar Azam like losers can't even think or be 10% mindset of such sportspersons.

Selfish Azam compromised team total for his personal score. Afvter he got his 100 he hit couple of boundaries and got out. He and the deadwood senior Shoaib Malik played over 100+ dot balls on this wicket and ground where short jabs were going over the fence.

Its the selectors fault the kind of selfish and poor investment they have done for Pakistan team. Babar Azam like player would not even come close to the 90s Pakistani side. Such people were abhorred class or no class. What good that player would be when he is playing for his own place without giving a damn his team wins or loses.
    90s side? When they were fixing every other match lol?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest myth going around and something that betrays fan's lack of cricketing knowledge is that you need big hitting ability to score at a higher SR...

You only intent as others have stated above.

You can still hit 4's and doubles and still end up scoring at fast clip...

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much kur team scored after he got out?
    92 in 10.3 overs with team almost out. We should be thankful to him that at least we have scored 341. Without babar and imam we can't even think of scoring 300+ runs regularly.
    Our fans have weak memory in last world cup we were dreaming to score 300 having all selfless cricketers in the team.
    Its because of babar/imam we fans have gone blind. We haven't lost due to Babar's slow 100.
    *we lost due to poor fielding and poor bowling from junaid

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why stop at a tale of TWO centuries.
    Compare Imam to Babar
    Compare Fakhar to Babar.

I still hope Babar can turn it around, but there are are just too many inconsequential runs that are padding his average. It has nothing to do with power hitting blah blah.

Even when were in Australia in 2016 babar's runs were largely useless. We would only be in those game while Sharjeel was batting.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No ability to accelerate they just stay in for the 100.

The longer you stay in the more you have to make it count, the onus is on you to accelerate the scoring not your partner new to the crease. Your partner needs time to play himself in before he can accelerate.

It doesn't matter even if you start slow, a 20 odd off SR 80 is fine, because you didn't get a chance to make it count. A lot of the English batsmen today started off slow in their innings, but that's overlooked.

I can even tolerate to 50 at an SR of around 100. But when you near 100, your SR should be excellent. See how Fakhar turns it on when he gets into the higher scores.

Having said that not sure it's Babar's fault, maybe he just doesn't have the ability (or not yet).

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post

Babar can't hit boundaries the way Roy can...Babar is good at what he's good at...finding gaps for boundaries in the powerplays and rotating strike...

Asking him to try get a 160 SR is just asking for him to be dismissed early...he tried to hard with the acceleration today and ended up getting dismissed...

I'd much rather someone like him who rotates the strike be partnered with someone who is a big hitter...

I really don't get the criticism he gets...he's amazing at what he is good at ...asking him to be Roy would make him a less productive player...
    no he is pathetic on flattest pitch in the world you can't play with a strike rate of 85-90 and finish at SR of 100..it is criminal you blind fan need to open their eyes and see there are serious issues with players like babar and imam

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't even care that we lost this match. Babar wasn't in good form even on these dead pitches. At least he now has his confidence back. If you look at it in a broader context, this series is irrelevant. We are coming close to victory which is good. This means we can beat eng in the WC. No need to look at the results too deeply.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For convenience people forget the quality of bowling and fielding both batsmen were facing.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't even care that we lost this match. Babar wasn't in good form even on these dead pitches. At least he now has his confidence back. If you look at it in a broader context, this series is irrelevant. We are coming close to victory which is good. This means we can beat eng in the WC. No need to look at the results too deeply.
    'his confidence is back'

what's the use of his confidence? how many big matches has he won for us in the last 4 years when he was confident?.. He is good but he is actually useless , with confidence or without it he can't do anything remarkable...we need to move on....too much backing has been given to him time to put extreme pressure on him or simply drop him and give haris a go at 3...haris ,if pushed, can play at SR of more than 100 on flattest pitch like Nottingham I feel....he just needs to be pushed..

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    no he is pathetic on flattest pitch in the world you can't play with a strike rate of 85-90 and finish at SR of 100..it is criminal you blind fan need to open their eyes and see there are serious issues with players like babar and imam
    Who has a better SR than him other than Fakhar?...

He does what he is good at ...without his 100 SR we wouldn't have even got up to 340...

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who has a better SR than him other than Fakhar?...

He does what he is good at ...without his 100 SR we wouldn't have even got up to 340...
    We would have scored more, Hafeez would have not lost his wicket by trying to hit every ball because babar started playing test cricket...and hafeez would have scored more and quickly hafeez becomes unstoppable on such batting paradise instead babar consumed so many deliveries and only scored mediocre 115 runs when highest score nowadays on Trent bridge by individual batsman is usually over 140 ...Babar was terrible ,played selfishly.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    'his confidence is back'

what's the use of his confidence? how many big matches has he won for us in the last 4 years when he was confident?.. He is good but he is actually useless , with confidence or without it he can't do anything remarkable...we need to move on....too much backing has been given to him time to put extreme pressure on him or simply drop him and give haris a go at 3...haris ,if pushed, can play at SR of more than 100 on flattest pitch like Nottingham I feel....he just needs to be pushed..
    Don't see where all of this criticism is coming from.
    We're a no.6 ranked odi team mate. We should be happy that we have a proper no.3.
    Beggars can't be choosers. We're not aus/eng/ind.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree on the fact that Babar should have paced it better in his 80's-90's, but to say he should learn from Jason Roy is ridiculous.

1) they are very different players. If you want to compare like for like then use Root, not Roy

2) Roy plays with freedom knowing if he doesn't score, someone below him from 2-11 will score big. You cannot expect Pakistan's lower order to accelerate at the end of the innings or even rebuild an innings if we're 4 down for 50 odd.

3) today's loss = bowlers. Just like the previous 2 games.

Nevertheless it was a great innings from Babar. Key is to be consistent. If he is, his runs will matter more.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1

I think Babar needed this hundred badly to feel that he is going to dominate at the World Cup

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    +1

I think Babar needed this hundred badly to feel that he is going to dominate at the World Cup
    Dunno if this was sarcastic or not but sure.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar has a role in the team to bat through the innings. He played very well i thought, despite him slowing down for the 100.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Babar has a role in the team to bat through the innings. He played very well i thought, despite him slowing down for the 100.
    Despite his role being similar to Root's Root is a much more powerful player. Even though Root is thin he is stronger than Babar.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is a different player, his role is similar to Root. Babar's role is to anchor the innings.

However, he can do better at times. While he plays all the shots but whenever the ball is pitched on the off stump, he has no answer to it and simply blocks it.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Despite his role being similar to Root's Root is a much more powerful player. Even though Root is thin he is stronger than Babar.
    I don't really agree with that. When Root has tried to accelerate most of the time he holes out like Babar. Both are anchors. The difference is that Root rotates the strike better. The career strike rates are nearly the same.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda unfair tbh. Pakistan, just like many other teams, has a problem up the order. Beside Fakar, all are anchor role type of batsmen. No real bit hitter. Babar also came in during a difficult situation. If he went out, 250 might not have been even on the card, let alone 300+. Both of these two players have different approach on how they bat aswell. Asking an anchor batsmen to brute his way through his innings will only get him out more often than not.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak short of 20 to 30 runs because his approach that costed them match.Surely making centuries in a losing cause most painful thing for other country players and not sure about that for Pak batsmen except one or two.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Babar ticks a lot of boxes for captaincy, but Imam is emerging as a serious contender as well.

As far as the strikes rates are concerned, my major gripe with Babar was his tendency to bat very slowly in the first half of his innings. However, he paced his innings well throughout this series. Imam needs work on this front as well, and the 150 was sublime.

As long as Babar is consistently batting at a run a ball while maintaining his high average, I am not sure if we can have any complaints. That is exactly how other world class number 3s like Root, Williamson, Smith operate.

Kohli is of course in a different league and no one can compete with him, so if you are using him to judge Babar he will always look mediocre.
    It is actually going to be very interesting to see who they make captain, after the WC, Fakhar, Babar, and Imam are the 3 contenders in my opinion.
    Last edited by QalandarFan; 18th May 2019 at 08:06.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Everyone is desperate for Babar to kick onto the next level but I just think he doesn't have the ability to do it. Babar is an excellent batsman- one of the best we have produced in long while but he will never have that extra gear to go to the next level.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiduguravindra View Post
    Pak short of 20 to 30 runs because his approach that costed them match.Surely making centuries in a losing cause most painful thing for other country players and not sure about that for Pak batsmen except one or two.
    You were right about the 20-30 runs but that was because the lower middle order is rubbish, Babar did his job.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar and Roy have completely different roles in the team. Babar vs Root, and Roy vs Fakhar is a more fair comparison.

ďIt is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.Ē
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by castortroy View Post
    Roy is a care free power hit designed for white ball cricket

Babar knock was class but you want him dropped to teach him a lesson lol

I will take 115 off 112 from our number 3 all day long.

He is our anchor. It is the role of the others to be ultra aggressive around him

He is not a wild hack like Roy. He is a very stylish player and we should be grateful that we finally have a top quality batsman since the days of inzi, yk and Mohmmaed yousuf
    How many anchors do you need bro? Isnít that imams role? The ship will go nowhere with so many anchors. He was rotating well until he got near the hundred thatís the issue here

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He stated he didn't need power hitting.

And it's the exact power hitting which resulted in the loss.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason Roy is a different beast much better than babar.He is definitely the best opener in odis right now.He can take away the game in few overs.Babar doesn't have the power game.He is an accumulator.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Did u make the same excuses when Imam played 140 odd runs the other day? That had Imam not scored 140 Pakistan would be not making 358 runs?

No.

Which means you are as biased as they come.

Using selective stats to increase the value or decrease the value of a player is just being dishonest to your own conscience.

I commend you sir, though, for your continuous effort in maintaining such dishonest statistical inferences to boost your favorites.
    Have you ever tried to tell a joke to somebody .... and that joke went over that person's head.... and then you tried to explain the joke to that person. Didn't that joke total lost its humor in explaining the joke?

Therefore, I am not even going to explain what I was trying to say because my post will lose all it's "humor".

Regarding Imam's innings, here is what I posted;
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...9#post10248699

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    ODIs 100s vs England in England since 2015....

Name:  2019-05-17_22-29-46.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  342.9 KB

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This .
    Every single batter will take confidence into the world cup.
    We keep scoring 350s and we win games at the world cup

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    A tale of another 2 100s from last year.....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...us-in-eng-2018

Australia in similar position... 225/1 .... two 100s at S/R of less than Babar. How many Australian fans or media might have criticized Finch and Marsh for slow scoring?

Name:  2019-05-17_22-51-05.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  193.8 KB

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babar is better than all 1990s batsman bar Inzi and It is not even close. Stop overrating 90s players.Babar will walk into all time Pakistan odi lineu even now,

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is getting rather silly, compare Fakhar to Roy and Root to Barbar.

Barbar is our best player, others around him never reached 100.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Same pitch, same conditions - same amount of pressure riding on both.

Babar Azam's hundred were characterized by a slowdown as he came close to his milestone probably meant to ensure he got to that milestone.

Jason Roy's hundred were characterised by a single-minded determination to put the game out of his opponents reach.

Therein lies the difference.
    As an admin on this site you really should be more responsible and more understanding of cricket.

Roy is years older than Babar and been part of a structure which has pushed the boundaries of modern ODI cricket for the better part of half a decade. He also has the solidity and power of Root, Morgan, Stokes, Ali and Rashid below him, with partners such as Bairstow and when available, Hales.

Babar has to contend with building every innings and yet still has one more career hundred and scores on average, 11 more runs per innings.

Rather than attacking the best young batsman on the planet, you should be raising a balanced view on a side and a player that have done very well against the best side out there, with much more experience. Take away Babar's hundred and how many runs do Pakistan end up with in this match?

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your 2nd 50 cannot be in similar deliveries as thr 1st 50.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see where all of this criticism is coming from.
    We're a no.6 ranked odi team mate. We should be happy that we have a proper no.3.
    Beggars can't be choosers. We're not aus/eng/ind.
    This is a rubbish argument, sorry.
    Play saad nasim 100 consecutive matches, and there will be idiots who are gonna say he's the best we have got and beggars cant be choosers etc.how can you know that when you can't give performing players (saud shakeel etc) a fair chance on merit? Babar been playing consistently over four years how many big matches he won for us in that time yet we are told don't say anything to him? This is a terrible attitude to have as fans that instead of asking for more we say it's okay that's the best we have got. Before Fakhars debut ,people used to say shehzad is the best we have got and we wasted fakhar's 3 years by keep believing that. It's the fans who push the team a round the world but our fans are stupid and terrible who are satisfied with consistent failures and selfishness of our so called star players. Inzi and mickey are in chill mood as they earn millions even if our team lose 10 on the trot but fans attitude is what surprised and disappoint me the most

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    Babar is a different player, his role is similar to Root. Babar's role is to anchor the innings.

However, he can do better at times. While he plays all the shots but whenever the ball is pitched on the off stump, he has no answer to it and simply blocks it.
    Having the role doesn't mean he should play one style of cricket and doesn't adjust to conditions requirement we are not asking him to become gayle or Sharjeel and play with a SR of 150 we know he is incapable to do that atleast he can do better than taking 23 balls to score 8 runs for his 100 on flattest pitch in the world. Shouldn't he score like other modern batsman( 23 on 23 atleast) . are we asking too much ?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35 View Post
    ODIs 100s vs England in England since 2015....

Name:  2019-05-17_22-29-46.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  342.9 KB
    This is the same guy that was obsessed with Misbah's strike rates and somehow always pointed out his stats in match losing causes. Babar's stats are now being painted in a positive light to deflect from a below par total that was chased by England despite losing wickets in between. A ground that had a 50m boundary and still this guy barely stroked at a SR of 100

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    I don't really agree with that. When Root has tried to accelerate most of the time he holes out like Babar. Both are anchors. The difference is that Root rotates the strike better. The career strike rates are nearly the same.
    Roots SR in the last 3 years is 90+ while babars is in early 80s thats huge difference. And there was talk of dropping Root in Eng camp and what do we hear about babar?" O he is our best batsman' , ' he is undroppable', 'don't criticize him ever'...this is a difference.

And this argument is rubbish as well that beggars can't be choosers. We became beggars in the first place because we killed merit and inducted/kept players like babar,imam,amir,yasir in the despite no performance . before you bring imam or babars avg look at their SR too it's unacceptable and pathetic that make them non performers. Modern day cricket is all about having great balance between Avg and SR.

Avg of 60 and SR 70 is not acceptable nowadays. It's not 80s 90s era where you can keep players in the team just because their avgs are the best in team. Everyone in the world have brilliant avg since 2015 doesn't mean everyone is worldclass or a great

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    As an admin on this site you really should be more responsible and more understanding of cricket.

Roy is years older than Babar and been part of a structure which has pushed the boundaries of modern ODI cricket for the better part of half a decade. He also has the solidity and power of Root, Morgan, Stokes, Ali and Rashid below him, with partners such as Bairstow and when available, Hales.

Babar has to contend with building every innings and yet still has one more career hundred and scores on average, 11 more runs per innings.

Rather than attacking the best young batsman on the planet, you should be raising a balanced view on a side and a player that have done very well against the best side out there, with much more experience. Take away Babar's hundred and how many runs do Pakistan end up with in this match?
    Best young batsman on the planet that hasn't even chased one decent total of note.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post

I think Babar is on course to be an ATG.

That doesn't however exempt him from criticism.

The problem is approach and intent. Youthfulness and exuberance are no excuse for failing to read the game situation and match awareness. Centuries are good as personal milestones but the final aim of the team score is to grind out a win, no matter what the cost. You can contribute as much or as little to the team score but the final aim of team sports is a win. Win at all cost mentality, will get you quite far in life.

Approach towards the game is underrated. You can always argue without Imam's 150, Pakistan would not have made 358 in the 2nd game or without Fakhar's 100 Pakistan would have not made 361 in the first game chasing 378. Off course, someone is getting the runs to help Pakistan reach 300 and it is the top 3 players. But those runs have been useless every single time because of the nature of pitches. Bowlers have tried and in the 3rd match, even had England on the ropes, but these pitches don't have the margin of error and its the number of runs you score and how fast you score them, that defines the outcome of the match.

I have a feeling that people are literally comparing Babar with Roy and are expecting that Babar should have played an innings like Roy. That is not the idea. He is incapable of it. But he should realize that he slowed down from 80 to 100 to reach a milestone which DID NOT help the team. Even his post match interview, he doesn't believe it was an issue. Fans don't believe it's an issue as well and therein lies the danger.

As long as such 100's are not vetted as adequate or good enough to win games, there is no point hitting even 140 off 160 balls. Babar is still getting enough support because he is Babar. But had Imam played the knock yesterday and slowed down like Babar, people would have gone for his jugular.

Good players always get a longer rope than most. But if you continue to accept that his innings has no issue, you are creating a group of players who will always reach their own milestones and will worry about team situation and match awareness later. And NO. It does not come with time. It comes with thought process and inculcation of that discipline by team management, honest criticism and personal reflection.

Good luck to Babar as he is still young and can overcome this issue if he puts his head down.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Babar is better than all 1990s batsman bar Inzi and It is not even close. Stop overrating 90s players.Babar will walk into all time Pakistan odi lineu even now,
    What a joke. Babar wouldn't get anywhere close to 90s D team of Pakistan let alone national team. This guy can't even play spinnes how would he tackle the likes of Warne and Murali, are you insane? This guy was struggling like anything against shadab in previous PSL and against kuldeep in Asia cup and you are saying he's better than Saleem Malik, Ijaz ahmed, Yousuf ,Aamir sohail, Saeed Anwar? Lol. Modern day Pakistan fans are embarrassing .

Babar cant even play against moving ball either. Hes just good enough to score 100s on flattest pitches with a below avg SR according to the modern standards or can score runs when there is no pressure. He is overrated ,overhyped batsman who's not even the best batter in the current team let alone in 90s team

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys relax. Let me keep it simple here.

Babar is a GREAT ROLE player but not a match winner. Butler is a great player who is a match winner.

You can't expect Babar to be like kohli/butler/morgan/etc but we need Babar as he is our best batsman in the lineup, just be happy we have a player who can score heavily on a consistent basis.

Let's hope our hitters like Fakhar Zaman, Asif Ali and even Hafeez(who resurrected his career as a late order batsman) stay consistent and find amazing form in the WC, so they can compliment Babar Azam and other accumulators in the lineup so we don't have to wait for the second coming of Butler to win us big games.