May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does anyone actually enjoy these high-scoring games?

So today was a tight game primarily cos English batsmen threw their wickets away...not much different to our batsmen...

I've watched this series hoping for batsmen to make mistakes cos it seems nigh on impossible for the bowlers to do anything...

I understand the desire to see boundaries...but it all seems at the expense of bowlers...flat pitches are fine, but this appalling Kookaburra ball, tiny boundaries, huge bats, two new balls...

Its akin to making goalposts bigger, eliminating walls for free kicks, making tackling a foul...all things that would lead to more goals but would make football rubbish...a bit like this series frankly...

There is no point to batting records anymore...NFL has gone down this route too...primarily cos the thought process is people want to see higher scores...

Are games like the ones we have actually seen in this series actually enjoyable for anyone here? ...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Cricket needs a variety of games - runfests, low scoring thrillers, mid-range scores. Too much of one thing and fans will lose interest. Even T20s provide a better bat ball balance than ODIs.

There are two simple solutions to the problem. Go back to one new ball and switch to the Dukes. The crappy Kookaburra needs binning so we can get a ball that actually swings an inch. I don't mind flat pitches in ODIs but sort the ball out.

The other is to allow bowlers to bowl 12 overs instead of 10. That way you're not relying on pie chucking part-timers or bits and pieces ARs to make up the overs. Your best bowlers can bowl for longer.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Cricket needs a variety of games - runfests, low scoring thrillers, mid-range scores. Too much of one thing and fans will lose interest. Even T20s provide a better bat ball balance than ODIs.

There are two simple solutions to the problem. Go back to one new ball and switch to the Dukes. The crappy Kookaburra needs binning so we can get a ball that actually swings an inch. I don't mind flat pitches in ODIs but sort the ball out.

The other is to allow bowlers to bowl 12 overs instead of 10. That way you're not relying on pie chucking part-timers or bits and pieces ARs to make up the overs. Your best bowlers can bowl for longer.
    Yeh I'm pretty much in agreement with that...

I hadn't thought about the 12 over idea...would probably make teams only have 4 bowlers though...with the pie chucking part timers still around...

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting so boring now. i come back from school at 1 and watch these sh** mangi's and they just loose. big scores r just getting boring. not just that, but the way england chase them down with ease. I don't get what pk fear and batsmen like babar, sarfraz and malik r just jokes. Rather see umar akmal in the squad rather than sarfraz. and my favourite player rana gee has let me down so we should only keep shadab as all rounder and keep darter imad from team.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imo it should always be an even contest between bat and ball.

The problem is the authorities want a full house, plenty watching and new spectators. Low scoring games will not provide a lot of punters entertainment unless they are 'real' cricket fans who will appreciate them more.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just check the ER of bowlers from both sides. Appalling.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

The problem is the authorities want a full house, plenty watching and new spectators. Low scoring games will not provide a lot of punters entertainment unless they are 'real' cricket fans who will appreciate them more.
    They don;t have to be low scoring. 260-320 are fine. But when you start getting above that range, it starts to get ridiculous.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well i'd like to think tense/close matches are what punters want but evidently you're probably right...it's just 6s and 4s...bowlers have been redundant in this series...

Makes me relieved that football isn't constantly being changed...

That said i'm cool with change but not when it only benefits one side...

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hate two new balls and short boundaries

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody enjoys Pakistani comedy of errors. It is rare with modern cricket and therefore always one for the ages. Ask the crowd.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The last 20 overs of today’s game was much more enjoyable then anything we’ve had in the series so far. The match was in the balance and every run mattered so it felt like the bowlers actually mattered.

But like a few posters have already mentioned, it’s all about balance. There’s no problem in having 350+ run fests but we also need competitive low and medium score matches. Having variety is important. If every match becomes a ultra high scoring run fest things will get boring pretty fast.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO. Balance b/w ball and bat is the key, I want to see 90s like playing conditions where only proper bats and proper bowler could come on top not anyother imposters..

Recalling 2010 series b/w Pakistan and England it was one of the best and most enjoyable series of recent times ,played on these same grounds but conditions were very different ball swung in almost every match, there was reverse , boundaries were bigger and pitches had something for the bowlers in them though Pakistan lost it 3-2 but it's one of the best series Pakistan played in the last 10-12 years or so.

Modern day ODI cricket is boring as hell, but have to watch and support Pakistan as without cricket life is dull...but really want to see better balance between ball and bat again

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need the balance back asap for the sake of cricket. Balance keeps the game enjoyable. Too much of one thing becomes boring and people seem to lose interest. And the lack of balance will also deter upcoming kids to bowl fast and there's nothing better in cricket than chin music.

The Underdogs

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the two new balls rule and the following will return to the game:

- Spin
    - Reverse swing.

Pak never been the same since they implemented the two new balls.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Well i'd like to think tense/close matches are what punters want but evidently you're probably right...it's just 6s and 4s...bowlers have been redundant in this series...

Makes me relieved that football isn't constantly being changed...

That said i'm cool with change but not when it only benefits one side...
    The authorities dont understand how this potentially could damage the sport. Which kid would want to be a bowler having watched this series so far? There is a risk bowling standards will drop, batting standards increase and make the contest between bat and ball much much wider.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Increase the size of the boundaries at least.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 ball no to 2 balls

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The authorities dont understand how this potentially could damage the sport. Which kid would want to be a bowler having watched this series so far? There is a risk bowling standards will drop, batting standards increase and make the contest between bat and ball much much wider.
    Maybe the lack of good bowlers would want young kids to turn into bowlers if that makes sense. There would be so many batsmen that it would be difficult to get selected but due to the lack of good bowlers, you may have a better chance of getting selected.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a stupid joke. Cricket as I knew it is dying. 350 being a par score is ludicrous.

A century used to mean so much now you whack it around and that's it you're there.

It's also boring as hell. I dont wanna see big shot after big shot if it doesn't mean anything.

An even balance is needed with some drama. The sport is turning into a joke

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    These pitches are turning this highly complex and tactical game of cricket into a cheap knock-off of golf; basically a teeing off contest lmao.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am ok with runfests as long as you dont shorten the boundaries. I might be in a minority, but I am realyl enjoying how easily Pakistan is putting up 330+ scores. We might finally be entering the golden era of our odi batting with out top 3 averaging 50+. And we are doing this while still carrying passengers in the team.
    Basically 4 batsmen = imam, fakhar, babar, and asif ali (too early for him, but hope he continues)

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    No.
    As a Pakistani fan who has been wondering for over a decade as to when will our team join the modern era of odi batting, i would say this is a welcome change for us.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't think we would be complaining if PK was winning these games. The game is what it is, and I for one is quite enjoying the spectacle. The bowlers will have to step up or modern batsman, batting without fear,using modern bats and with emphasis on raw power will overwhelm the poor Bowlers.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Makes a change for Pakistan in England not have to bowl out teams for under 225 because our own batsmen have been so useless

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Maybe the lack of good bowlers would want young kids to turn into bowlers if that makes sense. There would be so many batsmen that it would be difficult to get selected but due to the lack of good bowlers, you may have a better chance of getting selected.
    Fair point. I hope this does become the case, the quality of bowlers worldwide is pretty poor compared to the 70's,80's and 90's.

As we all know, bowling is a tough job, the phyiscal work you need to put in is more than a batsmens.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    It's a stupid joke. Cricket as I knew it is dying. 350 being a par score is ludicrous.

A century used to mean so much now you whack it around and that's it you're there.

It's also boring as hell. I dont wanna see big shot after big shot if it doesn't mean anything.

An even balance is needed with some drama. The sport is turning into a joke

The biggest disgrace for me is when a mis hit goes for six. The size of the bats , the edges along with small boundaries and fast outfields give the bowlers little room for error.

Bats should be made smaller, this is easy to do and will be the same worldwide. To hit a six, the ball must be middled with power, not hit an edge and fly into the stand.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Add a 4th stump. Problem solved. Oh go on.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ask the full packed stadium crowd.

Or majority of TV viewers.

Some purists on the forum don't count much.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ask the full packed stadium crowd.

Or majority of TV viewers.

Some purists on the forum don't count much.

These are current fans not newer fans. Newer fans are declining quite rapidly. ICC is ruining the game.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would rather watch two teams slug it out by making 400 each than scores of 220 as we saw in the Misbah era.

Let’s face it - we all enjoy 4s and 6s way more than a right bowling spell, seam, swing or any of that. Bowling is boring and the sooner we accept that the better - I anticipate pitches and hence scores will get even more higher in the future...

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I would rather watch two teams slug it out by making 400 each than scores of 220 as we saw in the Misbah era.

Let’s face it - we all enjoy 4s and 6s way more than a right bowling spell, seam, swing or any of that. Bowling is boring and the sooner we accept that the better - I anticipate pitches and hence scores will get even more higher in the future...
    Yeah "Bowling is boring" when you don't understand it.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To each their own I guess...

Bowling is most certainly not boring imho...but I guess the masses are more like MSB314 who just want to watch stick cricket where bowlers are completely redundant...

I most certainly would prefer those low scoring thrillers over the drivel I have had to witness this series...

The best bowlers in the world would have been destroyed on these tracks...I doubt Rabada or Bumrah would have faired much better tbf...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once in a while yes! Every match? Heck No!

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Remove the two new balls rule and the following will return to the game:

- Spin
    - Reverse swing.

Pak never been the same since they implemented the two new balls.
    Pak never been the same since the crackdown on chuckers

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I don't think we would be complaining if PK was winning these games. The game is what it is, and I for one is quite enjoying the spectacle. The bowlers will have to step up or modern batsman, batting without fear,using modern bats and with emphasis on raw power will overwhelm the poor Bowlers.
    Stop lying to yourself. People have been complaining about high scores even when we couldn't score 250 against Zimbabwe.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem about flat pitches is
    That it will make ordinary batsmen world beaters and worldclass bowlers ordinary

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope ho, it really has no taste.

Normally you enjoy good balls, good shots but on these tracks there is nothing to enjoy. Good balls never come and boundaries are so easy to come that you don't enjoy them.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Speak for yourself.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem with true tracks for shot making but at least make the pitch lively and the balls better.

England is an extreme example even for the modern era.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not? It’s high scoring but not a slog festival by any means, take Babar Azam’s century yesterday or that of Imam earlier, delightful strokeplay with proper cricket shots and it’s not every day we see such fluent batting from Pakistani batsmen - enjoy it while you can!

Yes would be more enjoyable to see a more lively contest between bat and ball, but then unless the pitch is a pancake Pakistan’s batting flops so badly that it becomes a one sided affair anyway.. anyone prefer those sort of games ?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Stop lying to yourself. People have been complaining about high scores even when we couldn't score 250 against Zimbabwe.
    Do you complain if teams score 170 in T20 cricket?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people making some good suggestions on how to address the imbalance. I have the best suggestion, completely do away with ODI cricket. Since 2007 ODI cricket has been absolutely meaningless. I'm pretty sure a ton of teams and players have bashed records for fun in ODIs, but I really can't remember any of them. But I can remember a whole host of T20s and Tests.

ODIs should have been killed a long long time ago. To put things into perspective, when I was younger I used to watch ODIs and buy tickets. I now only consider T20s. If I had the time Tests would be the top choice.

Kills ODIs. No need for them anymore.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Pak never been the same since the crackdown on chuckers
    We used to rule between overs 30-50 with the likes of Gul when we had reverse swing going. It's where sides always collapsed to 250 something.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love high scoring games.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    We used to rule between overs 30-50 with the likes of Gul when we had reverse swing going. It's where sides always collapsed to 250 something.
    Tbh, it was mostly the chuckers who put all the pressure.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just go back to 1 ball in ODIs for starters.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    A lot of people making some good suggestions on how to address the imbalance. I have the best suggestion, completely do away with ODI cricket. Since 2007 ODI cricket has been absolutely meaningless. I'm pretty sure a ton of teams and players have bashed records for fun in ODIs, but I really can't remember any of them. But I can remember a whole host of T20s and Tests.

ODIs should have been killed a long long time ago. To put things into perspective, when I was younger I used to watch ODIs and buy tickets. I now only consider T20s. If I had the time Tests would be the top choice.

Kills ODIs. No need for them anymore.
    I feel the last few Champions trophies have shown how good and entertaining ODI cricket can be. Just need to restore the format to its previous glory.

Instead of slogging or death bowling the format still requires the batsmen and bowlers to plan and think about their game.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricket is evolving.

Instead of complaining why not do something about it? You can stop watching altogether and tell everyone you know to stop watching.

You lot complain yet are glued to the screens when the match is on.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I am kinda enjoying that pakistan are scoring some runs at a decent pace but the bowling really ruins it for me.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats what t20's are for...

odi doesnt need to be like this it favors the batters big time.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, its great to watch. However, problem is its predictable, and as a sport we want some randomness. So low scores, high scores, both have to be there.

Yet, regular high scoring matches is infinate times better thAn regular low scoring games

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah "Bowling is boring" when you don't understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Yes it is boring because it is the “defensive” part of the game whilst batting is the “offensive” par of the game.

In basketball - people love it when baskets are scored, in soccer people loved high scoring games and possession hence why Fc Barcelona have such a large fan base. In tennis - 2008 Wimbledon final was one of the greatest games ever due to both Nadal and Federer going at it with intensity. Same with ice hockey where the highest scoring games and most fondly remembered...

Same with cricket and the sooner the people realize it - the better....

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it is boring because it is the “defensive” part of the game whilst batting is the “offensive” par of the game.

In basketball - people love it when baskets are scored, in soccer people loved high scoring games and possession hence why Fc Barcelona have such a large fan base. In tennis - 2008 Wimbledon final was one of the greatest games ever due to both Nadal and Federer going at it with intensity. Same with ice hockey where the highest scoring games and most fondly remembered...

Same with cricket and the sooner the people realize it - the better....
    Sorry but you have no clue about how sport works and the data backs that up.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Honestly, I am kinda enjoying that pakistan are scoring some runs at a decent pace but the bowling really ruins it for me.
    It's the same for every team, not just Pakistan. Bowling doesn't ruin anything, current pitches are killing bowling in general.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry but you have no clue about how sport works and the data backs that up.
    What clue and what data?

Again you are talking about PP "experts" and not the general masses who only follow cricket casually.

Face the music and realize the casual fans and commercial sponsors only care about high scoring games with 4s and 6s - the sooner you accept it the better... Scores are only going to get larger and batsman will score more and more runs in the future. That is just the future.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love high scoring matches. Hate it when a one day match finishes early around 3 pm due to being a one sided contest!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High scoring matches with no drama are not entertaining and in the first two games of this series, you could even hear the boredom in the voices of the commentators. Multiple modern ODI series' have had the same problem actually. However, the third ODI worked because the bowlers ALMOST dragged it back and this is what is required, bowlers to be competitive but it is becoming impossible with everything stacked in for the batsmen.

Short boundaries and larger bats, two new balls and free hits, powerplays and dead pitches...the 2015 world cup is known as the best since 1999 for one major reason, Starc and Hazlewood, along with some others, made the ball talk. There were some outstanding games with outstanding bowling. Not quite 1999 but still a very good tournament. 2019 is looking like it will be bowling machines versus batsmen. Quite sad really.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    819 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post

Are games like the ones we have actually seen in this series actually enjoyable for anyone here? ...
    Yes, because England are winning them.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 19th May 2019 at 16:43.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cricket is becoming too mundane and boring due to batting being unregulated

We need to regulate the width and thickness of the bats to be the same as they were in the 90s.

We need to bring back the rules which have favor to the batsmen

We need to limit the number of power plays

We need to encourage rules which allowed fast bowlers to foster rather than teams investing in sub 85 mph bowlers

We need to have one ball for the innings and allow the ball to naturally reverse swing

Cricket of the 90s was much more competitive than what we have now. Right now it’s which batting team can score runs rather than which bowling side can take on a strong batting lineup