User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All nine ODI centuries by Pakistan in the last 5 months lead to losses!

Name:  5-17-2019 4-32-49 PM.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  208.4 KB

I dont remember Pakistan or any other team making 8 centuries in ODIs inside 5-6 months and every single one of them in a loosing cause.

This can only be due one of to two reasons or maybe both of them

1) Many of our players are playing for their place and personal milestone milestones

2) Batsmen making centuries are fine but the rest of the batsmen are not providing the required finish.

Yes our bowling has been poor as well but its not like other teams have been bowling a lot better on same surfaces if we take into account SA series, Aus series and now Eng. They might have been bit better than us but there wasnt a huge difference which shows that those pitches needed more runs to be scored.

Even if we think century making batsmen are fine, still there inability to up the anti and finish the innings is worrisome and such level of inability havent been seen by Pakistan or any other team as surely I dont remember these many centuries going in vein in only 5-6 months.
    Last edited by Titan24; 18th May 2019 at 02:29.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difference between Pakistan and other team is not bowling it's batting it's always been. Give Imam,Babar and Rizwan to any of the top 4 teams and they will start losing as well...You can't win by playing selfishly it's just a simple fact we don't even need to analyse it deep ,babar taking 23 balls to score 9 runs for his century is just enough to show what's his mindset and Imam is same... but they are untouchables and you can't criticize them according to the people like Ramiz Raja and their clueless fan boys

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    Difference between Pakistan and other team is not bowling it's batting it's always been. Give Imam,Babar and Rizwan to any of the top 4 teams and they will start losing as well...You can't win by playing selfishly it's just a simple fact we don't even need to analyse it deep ,babar taking 23 balls to score 9 runs for his century is just enough to show what's his mindset and Imam is same... but they are untouchables and you can't criticize them according to the people like Ramiz Raja and their clueless fan boys
    Exactly. Many players playing such kind of cricket which isnt focused upon the win of the team are booted out of other teams.

Having talent and using it for your team to win matches are different things. Having multiple such players in the team isnt gonna do us any good. Dont think with this kind of mentality they could have survived in 90s Pak team or even mid early 2000s. We always used to play fearless cricket which didnt revolve around personal milestones.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar’s todays century is not considered. Well that would make it 9 and all in losing cause.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Exactly. Many players playing such kind of cricket which isnt focused upon the win of the team are booted out of other teams.

Having talent and using it for your team to win matches are different things. Having multiple such players in the team isnt gonna do us any good. Dont think with this kind of mentality they could have survived in 90s Pak team or even mid early 2000s. We always used to play fearless cricket which didnt revolve around personal milestones.
    You are right, we are our own enemies and nobody else..I blame fans equally they are the ones who encourage such players , such approach directly and indirectly, fans' pressure can turn things around .Fans/Media pressure can influence selection etc we have seen that but when it comes to pathetic approach of our batting there is no pressure from fans on Selectors,management, team and players like Imam,Babar,Rizwan or even Haris so they keep playing the way they are playing. Selectors/Management remain reassured that nothing needs to change..this been going on for a while now and we are getting worse

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Batsmen with 400 or more runs in lost ODIs - sorted by average..... Most of the top batsmen are from this era.

Name:  2019-05-17_21-47-39.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  241.9 KB

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people should be happy with how we are going.
    No point beating England 3-0 now when we can beat them in a world cup.
    We should have won 2 of the 3 games, so just need to take this into the world cup and step up the feilding
    England aren't some rubbish team. They been blowing man's away since 2015 at home

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in good position to win 2 odi in this series but our poor bowling, fielding and late order batting cost us big

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your bowlers are mostly garbage. Can't buy a wicket to save their lives

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    We should have won 2 of the 3 games, so just need to take this into the world cup and step up the feilding
    England aren't some rubbish team. They been blowing man's away since 2015 at home
    You got blanked by Australia. They didn't even break a sweat. Asia Cup was pure embarrassment too. Rohit and Dhawan made a mockery of your teletubbies attack. I think you guys didn't take even 1 wicket through merit against India. Dhawan was run out in one game after his century. In the other, 2 wickets were gifted to Faheem/Shadab when India was cruising.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    When a batsman scores a century but at the end of it the R/R is still the same as in the first 10 overs, then they are not really trying to win the game, they are playing for their own milestones instead. Babar was fine up until we got to the 25-30 over mark, but he made no attempt to kick on after that, or he just isn't capable of doing so. I think we will have the same problem with Imam and Haris during the world cup.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    When a batsman scores a century but at the end of it the R/R is still the same as in the first 10 overs, then they are not really trying to win the game, they are playing for their own milestones instead. Babar was fine up until we got to the 25-30 over mark, but he made no attempt to kick on after that, or he just isn't capable of doing so. I think we will have the same problem with Imam and Haris during the world cup.
    Asking too much from your batsmen IMO. Your bowlers need to step up. 340+ in three games and they couldn't defend one.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    You know what's funny?

If Pakistan had won all 3 games, you would be saying its an ideal preparation for the World Cup, our team is full of confidence and these games will help the team overcome England again in the World Cup.

Now since we have lost all 3, these games don't matter, real test will be in the World Cup.

The same thing has happened since CT' 17 including NZ ODI 5-0, Asia Cup all matches lost except Afghanistan (yes Malik helped or we would be losing it too), Australia blanking us also and guess what th excuses were?

JAMODI's, Asia Cup is a useless cup, We are not playing Australia in UAE in World Cup.

At the end of the day, I don't want to spoil your party and your happiness. But it seems whenever we lose, we have an excuse that the World Cup is the final thing that matters and whenever we win, we are gaining confidence of unknown proportions.

I really hope to God that the team performs well in the World Cup or all this SA doesn't matter, Australia doesn't matter, England doesn't matter tours will come back to create really amazing memories.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Simply means batsmen are doing their job...... bowlers aren't!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35 View Post
    While I cant deny bowling has been poor thanks to number of factors but Buttler and Morgan in every post match presentation said it was a par score and just in the last match Buttler said our bowlers did a really good job to restrict them to 340.

Yes our bowling is supposed to be defending par scores but they arent however our batting is also just achieving par scores considering the surfaces.

Even if after getting 9 centuries you are achieving just par score in everyone of those matches and losing everyone of them the batting is to be questioned as well.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not true to be honest. In last 18 months, PAK has won 3 effective games - all 3 were given in plate by bowlers at lunch, batsmen just cash on the good work. In 2 of the 3 wins, MoM was bowlers and when bowler wins MoM bowling first, you know what was left for batsmen.

Before that, PAK’s last hurrah was CT - Hasan was MoS and now I have changed my stand on the MoM of Final after experiencing English ODI wickets - 339 was per score and Amir won the final in his opening spell.

In other 3 wins, it was again entirely bowlers that set the game in first half, and still against SRL one of the bowlers had to contribute with bat big time. Only game that bowlers couldn’t settle by lunch - PAK lost by 130+ margin.

I wrote it in other thread - apart from Imam, this is quite experienced PAK batting line up - either internationally or in domestics (guys like Abid, Fakhar, Sarfraz, Asif, Imad have 10-12 years of domestic experience), they do know how to feast on soft meal. In contrast, bowlers are quite inexperienced (or the likes of JK, who are expired) - they are often getting exposed.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually means batsmen are not giving enough runs on the board as they are too selfish in crossing personal milestones and compromising the team total which happened yesterday at trent bridge. And with this attitude they are being rewarded with central contracts. SHAME
    Last edited by Khwaja78; 18th May 2019 at 18:19.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Name:  5-17-2019 4-32-49 PM.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  208.4 KB

I dont remember Pakistan or any other team making 8 centuries in ODIs inside 5-6 months and every single one of them in a loosing cause.

This can only be due one of to two reasons or maybe both of them

1) Many of our players are playing for their place and personal milestone milestones

2) Batsmen making centuries are fine but the rest of the batsmen are not providing the required finish.

Yes our bowling has been poor as well but its not like other teams have been bowling a lot better on same surfaces if we take into account SA series, Aus series and now Eng. They might have been bit better than us but there wasnt a huge difference which shows that those pitches needed more runs to be scored.

Even if we think century making batsmen are fine, still there inability to up the anti and finish the innings is worrisome and such level of inability havent been seen by Pakistan or any other team as surely I dont remember these many centuries going in vein in only 5-6 months.
    Your conclusion is completely wrong. It is more to do with bowling going downhill.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    If only cricket was that simple eh.

Some of the 9 centuries have been pretty good, others just plain selfish.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    If only cricket was that simple eh.

Some of the 9 centuries have been pretty good, others just plain selfish.
    Disagree here - whilst we did botch several run chases in the Aus series. It was not the fault of the batsman scoring centuries but of the others who did nothing...

In this series batsman DID do their jobs... 350 should always be enough but we fail to realize that we have to bowl defensively and contain runs rather than just bowl the usual rubbish length balls that our bowlers do... conceding 70-80 runs in the first 10 overs is simply unacceptable....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    In this series batsman DID do their jobs... 350 should always be enough but we fail to realize that we have to bowl defensively and contain runs rather than just bowl the usual rubbish length balls that our bowlers do... conceding 70-80 runs in the first 10 overs is simply unacceptable....
    Always? No chance.

So many factors to take into account these days.

350 is not the fearsome target it once was in ODIs.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bowling is probably at an all time low

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think some people realize on these small English grounds and absolutely flat pitches...350 is not a safe score.

Like Saj said...some centuries have been good and some just plain selfish.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Our bowling is probably at an all time low
    We conceded 444 against eng. 360+ twice against aus in 2017 and our batting was even worse then.
    Our bowling has been bad but this eng batting lineup is just so op.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Always? No chance.

So many factors to take into account these days.

350 is not the fearsome target it once was in ODIs.
    Have to disagree. Pakistan's bowling has been overrated and extremely poor for a long time especially since the crackdown on a pre 15 degree Ajmal and Hafeez

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could put that down to new ball bowling and middle overs bowling. You could suck at death bowling and still do a lot better if you have a decent new ball bowling and middle over bowling.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I just said in the other thread that the reason we are losing is because these century making top order batsmen are not attacking the middle overs enough. That is when the opposition usually bring on their weaker bowlers or spinners. It is a bit more risky to attack spinners for sure, but that is also where the games are won. A set top order batsman has a great opportunity to grasp the game for his team at this point. Hitting in the last 5 or 6 overs when the best bowlers are back on bowling yorkers is a lot more difficult if they hit their mark.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    We conceded 444 against eng. 360+ twice against aus in 2017 and our batting was even worse then.
    Our bowling has been bad but this eng batting lineup is just so op.
    In the Australia series as well, 280 scores were chased down with Aus hardly breaking a sweat.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Your conclusion is completely wrong. It is more to do with bowling going downhill.
    I am not concluding anything, I have mentioned the bowling issues as well. I am just surprised that so many centuries resulted in no win at all. I have never seen so many centuries go in vein in period of just 5-6 months. Would love to know if you remember so many centuries by other teams in losing cause in such a small period. I am pretty sure its not a regular occurrence in cricket.

You cant be losing so many matches where you score centuries unless pace of your runs is not according to the pitch and conditions or the target while chasing. And even if the bowlers are doing poor job it doesnt mean you are going to let match go just because of that and you just pace the century according to your will, you are supposed to pace the century according to the requirements of the match.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So basically whenever Imam ul Haq scores runs we lose.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    You know what's funny?

If Pakistan had won all 3 games, you would be saying its an ideal preparation for the World Cup, our team is full of confidence and these games will help the team overcome England again in the World Cup.

Now since we have lost all 3, these games don't matter, real test will be in the World Cup.

The same thing has happened since CT' 17 including NZ ODI 5-0, Asia Cup all matches lost except Afghanistan (yes Malik helped or we would be losing it too), Australia blanking us also and guess what th excuses were?

JAMODI's, Asia Cup is a useless cup, We are not playing Australia in UAE in World Cup.

At the end of the day, I don't want to spoil your party and your happiness. But it seems whenever we lose, we have an excuse that the World Cup is the final thing that matters and whenever we win, we are gaining confidence of unknown proportions.

I really hope to God that the team performs well in the World Cup or all this SA doesn't matter, Australia doesn't matter, England doesn't matter tours will come back to create really amazing memories.
    I agree either way it is good practice.i am actually happier with the lower expectations to be honest.if we had won the series our heads would be in the clouds ripe for a ride awakening
    The real stuff starts now.
    I try to take the positives and work on the negatives. I hope that is what the team is doing

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No support from the bowling attack. If our bowling starts going, we'll win matches. Our batting has improved A LOT.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So basically whenever Imam ul Haq scores runs we lose.
    We have won only 2 ODIs this year and he was the top-scorer in both.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Lmao. Shows how little @Syed1 knows. He is just chucking hate at Imam for the sake of it

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    IOK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bcz bowling and fielding has been rubbish

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine, brah! We're building up to something bigger ;)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What a player, Masha Allah. Amazing to think how well he has performed and constantly improved as a batsman despite being one of our youngest, least experienced players, all the while having to deal with unjustified hate from immature, ungrateful "fans". If only the likes of Babar can start progressing at a similar rate in order to do justice to their talent.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in few our bowling failed and in most of them no one was able to finish the game and we lost from a winning position.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They aren't winning without scoring centuries either

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javid View Post
    Bcz bowling and fielding has been rubbish
    Yes to a certain extent, but at times some of theses centuries have been a bit selfish.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bowling in this series hasn't been too bad they restricted England to a below par 350 in the last match due to an early collapse it became tough to chase it down.
    They also almost defended 340 which was below par in the match before one bad match overall when England easily chased down 358 but on that wicket and ground 400 plus more closer to a par score.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    The bowling in this series hasn't been too bad they restricted England to a below par 350 in the last match due to an early collapse it became tough to chase it down.
    They also almost defended 340 which was below par in the match before one bad match overall when England easily chased down 358 but on that wicket and ground 400 plus more closer to a par score.
    Have you actually been watching the matches or just following the scorecards and taking others words for it? Our bowling was awful, yes the pitches were flat but we didn't help ourselves. Half volleys, leg side balls and lots of other gifts were being given by our bowlers. Ramadan is all about giving charity so maybe our bowlers took it literally and that's why they gave so many gifts, that even tail-enders would smash let alone world class batsmen. And even the match which we nearly won, most of the wickets were off crap balls. Both of Hasnain's wickets were off absolutely awful deliveries, as were Imad Wasim's wickets, especially the Jos Buttler one.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it was a warm up match but another one adds to the list today. It just bamboozles my mind that how after scoring so many centuries team is on a loosing streak.

Dont know any such occurrence in cricket before.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In most cases, the bowling and lower order batting have let us down. Pakistan have struggled to find someone who can consistently make quick runs down the order.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; Yesterday at 07:07.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan losing matches despite players scoring centuries.

Usually when a batsman scores a century, his team is more likely to win. Pakistani batsmen have scores centuries in almost all matches since the Australia series yet we’ve lost all matches, why?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This further proves my point that strike rates are more important than averages.

If Imam and Babar score a century, we are likely to lose because they consume too many balls to reach their personal milestones.