May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Was Jose Mourinho right about Manchester United?

"My view is that first of all is difficult for me to believe we finished second when I listen, when I read, not much but sometimes I do, it is difficult to believe that we finished second because you [the media] are capable of making people that finish second look like they were relegated, and people who win nothing, finish below us, and you make them look like serial winners," Mourinho said.

"It is difficult for me to understand, we finish second which I keep saying, that I won eight championships and three Premier Leagues but I keep feeling the second last season was one of my biggest achievements in the game."

Seeing what a poor side Utd have become...while slammed for these comments at the time...Jose imho was completely right...to finish second with that squad was an amazing achievement...

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I agree but there has always been a witch hunt against him even folk who come across as sensible seem to fall into that pool of fickle and cynical critics, he is not perfect but one of the best managers in history, that was a great result especially under the unnecessary pressure at times. But allow that, #UpTheVilla