Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Catches win matches, Pakistan keep dropping simple catches

Pakistan were awful in the field in 3rd ODI and today I watched about 15 overs of Englands innings. Fakhar Zaman dropped a relatively easy catch of Jason Roy when he was on 25, and he went on to make a hundred, that is the match lost right there.

Every single english player would have grabbed that easily.

I also read Root was dropped and Curran should have been run out on 2, went on to make 30 runs.

Yes the bowlers have been poor, and so have Englandís bowlers as well, so for me the difference between the two sides in todays match was fielding.

And when I am into fielding nothing irritates me more than a boundary towards third man, no matter how fine our fielder is standing he just can not prevent the boundary whereas poms stops 8/10 balls down there.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Said it before when Steve Rixon left the fielding has deteriorated to a point where we looks as bad as we have for some time.

It's not just catches though, the overall fielding standard has dropped and they look like a side that can't even get the basics correct.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This is where Umar akmal and imam ul haq would have come in handy with their exhuberance in the field

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    This is where Umar akmal and imam ul haq would have come in handy with their exhuberance in the field
    Umar Akmal was embarrassing in the field in the Australia series, he's lost more than just his batting ability over the years. Shadab however makes a big difference to our fielding

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Greig rolling in his grave everytime pakistan play

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be honest the catch of Jason Roy was not that easy, these catches either stick or they don't. Regarding fielding maybe the fielders are not pushing themselves due to world cup.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Umar Akmal was embarrassing in the field in the Australia series, he's lost more than just his batting ability over the years. Shadab however makes a big difference to our fielding
    UA is the best fielder at backward point Pakistan have
    Shadab can’t be relied on for making up our bowling and fielding, we need a unit to contribute
    Shaheen afridi is a liability in the field
    Pakistan really need to drill the players into fielding better

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"