Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for Junaid here. He went out there and gave his all on the flattest pitches in the history of cricket.

He gets dropped for Amir and Eagan two guys who are even worse than him and didnít even play the tour to see them get spanked.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I dont want to say anything. Truth is bitter. (Sach karwa hotha hai)
    Cant believe you guys already made a smiley of this.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone should be upset it’s Shinwari..

Junaid’s fielding just isn’t up to the mark and on these wickets, other then an exceptional spell here and there. the fielding will be the difference between sides...

Anyway, he shouldn’t have been selected ted in the first place and it should have been Shinwari instead of Scattergun Wahab.. only think Wahab has going for him is his fielding and the occasional ability to hit a long ball.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A show of frustration from a player who was so close to representing his country at the highest stage of his profession. I can sympathize with that and not make a big deal out of this (I hope the PCB does as well).

In the larger picture though, probably shouldnít have shown that frustration in such a public display. He didnít really play at a level to earn his spot so the decision to drop him is also not wrong per se (regardless of who or who didnít get selected in his place).

This feels like one of those instances where we should just move on.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Poor from Junaid Khan. He simply did not bowl well and our bowling attack needed something different. However, this does not mean that he is not a good bowler; it simply means that he is not suited to bowl on the rubbish pitches we saw in England.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jofra Archer has his say

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is hilarious.

As a great man once said,

"I felt that they are mentally ******** people. There is a mental problem with our players." - Intikhab Alam

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Cant believe you guys already made a smiley of this.
    I was in the mood.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Junaid Khan do the Ballotelli “why always me” celebration at the next PSL,,,,if he gets picked up

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did not deserve to be in the squad in the first place. Hopefully this is it for him, time to move on to other options.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Jofra Archer has his say

It's from 2013 so should be discarded

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Jofra Archer has his say

Pak vs sa odi.
    Junaid conceded 45 runs off 9 overs and got 3 wickets.
    So how is it "bare junk"?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Pak vs sa odi.
    Junaid conceded 45 runs off 9 overs and got 3 wickets.
    So how is it "bare junk"?
    I am not even sure if this is a true tweet. I checked his twitter feed. I didn't see this post

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    I am not even sure if this is a true tweet. I checked his twitter feed. I didn't see this post
    This is a real tweet. Go on the link provided by the PPers.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join "Mujhe Kyun Nikala" party.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for Juni. Was a fantastic bowler but always, in my opinion unfairly, in the shadow of amir. I will never forget what juni and M. Irfan did for pakistani fans pride in the ane do series vs india, especially after the heartbreak of mohali wc2011. Plagu

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a real tweet. Go on the link provided by the PPers.
    wow 6 years back lol Looks like Junaid fans are going after him.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow 6 years back lol Looks like Junaid fans are going after him.
    Maybe coz they don't understand why he would call him "bare junk" when he legit took 3 wickets on the day.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    I feel for Juni. Was a fantastic bowler but always, in my opinion unfairly, in the shadow of amir. I will never forget what juni and M. Irfan did for pakistani fans pride in the ane do series vs india, especially after the heartbreak of mohali wc2011. Plagu
    Continue...
    Plagued by injuries , he is a shadow of the player he once was. Also hindered by the new rules such as the 2 ball rule.im torn whether he should be in the wc squad as a back up bowler, especially after his heroics in the champions trophy. I fear this is the end of juni pak int career and if so i just like to say Junaid bhai thanks for the great memories and all the best for the future.
    Quick mention about shinwari, simply outrageous he is not in the wc squad!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe coz they don't understand why he would call him "bare junk" when he legit took 3 wickets on the day.
    Probably 50th over?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably 50th over?
    Took 2 at the start and one in the end but got smacked for 3 fours in the last over hence Jofra tweeted what he tweeted.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took 2 at the start and one in the end but got smacked for 3 fours in the last over hence Jofra tweeted what he tweeted.
    You never know. He probably caught the match right at the end as it is probably too early for him to watch the entire 50 overs. lol But it looks odd that someone in West Indies would follow this match that seriously.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnít expect this from this guy he barely speaks and is so naive but what a drama queen I feel like abusing but I donít wanna get banned what a shoda he thinks his mediocre performances have been amazing

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    I didnít expect this from this guy he barely speaks and is so naive but what a drama queen I feel like abusing but I donít wanna get banned what a shoda he thinks his mediocre performances have been amazing
    It was his last chance to play in the WC. I think he just got emotional. Kinda feel bad for him tbh. He didn't perform worse than anyone else.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The final nail in the coffin (Pakistan selection wise) good riddance..but I believe this is just the beginning & boy will he regret this or what lmao

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Junaid was selected for the wc squad , ahead of amir and wahab, who were both dropped from the team for poor performances. Now hes been dropped after 2 games and both of them have been re-selected without even playing a game. How does anyone know if amir and wahab would have done better than junaid did? So if you were in his position how would you feel?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid was selected for the wc squad , ahead of amir and wahab, who were both dropped from the team for poor performances. Now hes been dropped after 2 games and both of them have been re-selected without even playing a game. How does anyone know if amir and wahab would have done better than junaid did? So if you were in his position how would you feel?
    You think he's the only player among all boards that has faced this type of situation first time in the history of cricket?

No wonder players are so unprofessional when most of the common mass supports these kind of dramas.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if hes the first player to have been treated this way or not. What i do know is professional boards pick a set of players and play them in matches to see who is deserving to be picked in a world cup squad e.g. ECB and jofra archer and the existing england odi bowlers.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if hes the first player to have been treated this way or not. What i do know is professional boards pick a set of players and play them in matches to see who is deserving to be picked in a world cup squad e.g. ECB and jofra archer and the existing england odi bowlers.
    Playing for your country is a privilege. NOT a right.

One aspect that Pakistani players will never understand.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupidity from a awful useless player.Trundler of highest level.I m very happy he is kicked out from the team.Useless pathetic player.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Playing for your country is a privilege. NOT a right.

One aspect that Pakistani players will never understand.
    I agree playing for your country is a priviledge and not a right. But selection should be done fairly and professionally and not just on a whim. Junaid, wahab and amir should have all played this england series and then the selectors could have selected on merit and not on some unknown basis.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't want to say anything then why say "truth is bitter". Just shut your mouth! If nepotism is what he is pointing at then we already know that.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is finished but he was discarded as soon as Amir returned. Nepotism in Pakistan cricket has destroyed his career.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    If he doesn't want to say anything then why say "truth is bitter". Just shut your mouth! If nepotism is what he is pointing at then we already know that.
    He wants to say ALOT, but cant because PCB provide him the means to put a roof over his families head and food on the table.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants to say ALOT, but cant because PCB provide him the means to put a roof over his families head and food on the table.
    He should not say "truth is bitter" either if he can't freely express is views. Even a "truth is bitter" could get him in to trouble.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kidding that his bowling sucked through out the whole series but all the bowlers took a beating. Also, how does Amir/wahab even get selected without playing a game here. Unfair for Junaid

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His behavior : Reprehensible

His message : Fair enough.

People are looking to just bash him for not performing against England. But trust me, if Wahab is the other option, he has a right to be peeved.

He might not have gone about the best way for voicing his frustration, but to be left out of the squad by a bowler at the twilight of his career who isn't much better than Junaid is very humbling and maybe he lost his marbles on that omission.

You guys think Wahab will be better than Junaid?

Let the matches begin.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    He should not say "truth is bitter" either if he can't freely express is views. Even a "truth is bitter" could get him in to trouble.
    Im guessing thats why he deleted his post. Someone must have toid him or when he cooled down he realised, that what hes posted will get him into trouble with the pcb.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats true.

However, he shouldnt have reacted like that. Creating drama has never helped anyone.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    His behavior : Reprehensible

His message : Fair enough.

People are looking to just bash him for not performing against England. But trust me, if Wahab is the other option, he has a right to be peeved.

He might not have gone about the best way for voicing his frustration, but to be left out of the squad by a bowler at the twilight of his career who isn't much better than Junaid is very humbling and maybe he lost his marbles on that omission.

You guys think Wahab will be better than Junaid?

Let the matches begin.
    Amir and Wahab are thanking their stars that they were not selected for the England series so they got themselves saved from the spanking. Also, they didnt even perform in the last two years yet got selected. Junaid got the Jon Snow treatment lmao

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Thats true.

However, he shouldnt have reacted like that. Creating drama has never helped anyone.
    It certainly is not professional. But i think people need to show some compassion. Junaid has been through alot of injuries and hardship and this was his last chance to play in a wc(hes never played in a wc before). And when he finally thought he was going to play in a wc, hes dropped for a player who was not even in reckoning for the wc squad. Thats rough and he obviously got a bit emotional and the tweet is a result of that. Once he calmed down and realised his error, he removed the tweet.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It certainly is not professional. But i think people need to show some compassion. Junaid has been through alot of injuries and hardship and this was his last chance to play in a wc(hes never played in a wc before). And when he finally thought he was going to play in a wc, hes dropped for a player who was not even in reckoning for the wc squad. Thats rough and he obviously got a bit emotional and the tweet is a result of that. Once he calmed down and realised his error, he removed the tweet.
    What has happened to him is very unfortunate and unfair. Had Wahab and Amir played the same series, they probably would have gotten much worst spanking.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree playing for your country is a priviledge and not a right. But selection should be done fairly and professionally and not just on a whim. Junaid, wahab and amir should have all played this england series and then the selectors could have selected on merit and not on some unknown basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    He is finished but he was discarded as soon as Amir returned. Nepotism in Pakistan cricket has destroyed his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    No kidding that his bowling sucked through out the whole series but all the bowlers took a beating. Also, how does Amir/wahab even get selected without playing a game here. Unfair for Junaid
    Amir and Wahab are thanking their stars that they were not selected for the England series so they got themselves saved from the spanking. Also, they didnt even perform in the last two years yet got selected. Junaid got the Jon Snow treatment lmao
    All of you guys make the point that Junaid has been unfairly treated, because he has been dropped for two guys who didn't play the series. All the bowlers got smacked and so you all feel Junaid has been harshly treated.

The reality is this - Junaid, and Faheem for that matter, have been so bad that their continued selection in the squad would have been insanity. True all bowlers got hit, but nobody can deny that Hassan, Shaheen and even Hasnain at times bowled better, at least for part of the series, then Junaid.

So Inzi was faced with a stark choice - stick with Junaid and Faheem and show consistency of selection but with certain carnage whenever these two play. Or select two other bowlers who a) are vastly experienced, b) are quicker than Junaid and c) are better exponents of the new ball (in the case of Amir) and old ball (in the case of Amir and Wahab).

As Inzi said in his press conference, he will not for one second let his ego or fear of criticism stop him from doing what is in the best interests of team Pakistan. It has become very apparent in this odi series that the swinging seaming conditions we expected don't exist and the bowlers we have selected are therefore not right for the conditions. Inzi made the correct call and I support him, Amir and Wahab 100%.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this tape act will end his career.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He didn't need to say anything, just needed to bowl better. Actions always speak louder than words.
    And let's not forget his atrocious fielding in the last ODI.
    He needs to take a good look at himself and his totally brainless attitude.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buddy, you are the one who made that Wahab thread. Tumhay to Allah pochay gah and you will get the Haye of Pakistani fans when Wahab will be eventually smashed all over the park. It is inevitable.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u22BKntZAz8

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    You think he's the only player among all boards that has faced this type of situation first time in the history of cricket?

No wonder players are so unprofessional when most of the common mass supports these kind of dramas.

Exactly peter handscomb performed so well but wasnt selected ahead of marsh and Stonis he didnít say anything but tbh people blame sub continent boards if there was nepotism Australia is the worst Marsh selection and his brother there father has had a huge influence and their board selects players mostly from Western Australia only that is another huge issue

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    All of you guys make the point that Junaid has been unfairly treated, because he has been dropped for two guys who didn't play the series. All the bowlers got smacked and so you all feel Junaid has been harshly treated.

The reality is this - Junaid, and Faheem for that matter, have been so bad that their continued selection in the squad would have been insanity. True all bowlers got hit, but nobody can deny that Hassan, Shaheen and even Hasnain at times bowled better, at least for part of the series, then Junaid.

So Inzi was faced with a stark choice - stick with Junaid and Faheem and show consistency of selection but with certain carnage whenever these two play. Or select two other bowlers who a) are vastly experienced, b) are quicker than Junaid and c) are better exponents of the new ball (in the case of Amir) and old ball (in the case of Amir and Wahab).

As Inzi said in his press conference, he will not for one second let his ego or fear of criticism stop him from doing what is in the best interests of team Pakistan. It has become very apparent in this odi series that the swinging seaming conditions we expected don't exist and the bowlers we have selected are therefore not right for the conditions. Inzi made the correct call and I support him, Amir and Wahab 100%.
    Junaid bowled well in his first 5 overs in the 4th odi, but i agree his 2nd spell was poor. Also, he bowl poorly in the 5th odi. The point is how do we know that amir and wahab would have done better?
    a) junaid is more experienced than wahab and amir as he has regulary played county cricket, so is much more used to english conditions.
    b) As far as speed goes, wahab is much faster than junaid but amir in his last couple of games for pak was bowling at 128 - 132 kph - slower than junaid who doesnt bowl under 182 kph.
    c) junaid is renowned for BOTH being an opening bowler and death bowler whereas amir is the same, wahab is not a opening bowler as he relies on reverse swing and yorkers.
    All in all on your criteria junaid trumps both amir and wahab. Again, we dont know if amir and wahab would have done better or worse than junaid because they didnt play in the series.
    CONCLUSION junaid was incredibly poorly treated!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid bowled well in his first 5 overs in the 4th odi, but i agree his 2nd spell was poor. Also, he bowl poorly in the 5th odi. The point is how do we know that amir and wahab would have done better?
    a) junaid is more experienced than wahab and amir as he has regulary played county cricket, so is much more used to english conditions.
    b) As far as speed goes, wahab is much faster than junaid but amir in his last couple of games for pak was bowling at 128 - 132 kph - slower than junaid who doesnt bowl under 182 kph.
    c) junaid is renowned for BOTH being an opening bowler and death bowler whereas amir is the same, wahab is not a opening bowler as he relies on reverse swing and yorkers.
    All in all on your criteria junaid trumps both amir and wahab. Again, we dont know if amir and wahab would have done better or worse than junaid because they didnt play in the series.
    CONCLUSION junaid was incredibly poorly treated!
    * correction typo
    b)Junaid never bowls under than 132 lkph

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How to respond to disappointment in a mature manner:

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How to respond to disappointment in a mature manner:

Respect.

He would get into 7-8 international teams because he can actually swing the ball.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Willey was a Pakistani

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im guessing thats why he deleted his post. Someone must have toid him or when he cooled down he realised, that what hes posted will get him into trouble with the pcb.
    PCB officials would most likely have read it by the time he deleted it.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Willey was a Pakistani

Lool. He never

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Replacing him with an inferior Wahab Riaz was a bad move by PCB, however Junaid has not done enough to retain a place in the squad, let alone the side.

Instead of the bald-patched spray gun slinger, I would have given Haris Rauf a go. Yes heís raw but I think he could have been the wild card selection that could spring a surprise or two to those batsmen who havenít seen much of him.

As for Junaidís post I have no words for his drama. Itís about time from now on PCB enrol all their players on to some social media training and thatís not a joke. Weíve already seen Babar make a fool out of himself with his response to Zainab Abbas on Twitter as well, not so long ago.

This is a major concern for the current crop of players coming through the ranks, because they do not how to handle themselves responsibly with all this fame, which shouldnít come to much surprise, as they all virtually come from the same background (poorly educated and lack social skills). As a Pakistan fan, itís just embarrassing to see the mannerisms of these players and Iím not talking merely of controversies but the meek characters you find nowadays in this team. No matter how well players like Babar Azam and Asad Shafiq progress in their careers, they will never be star material.

Goes back to what @Mamoon was saying, itís vital Pakistan cricket can somehow diversify the source of talent coming through the system.
    I do feel for him. Getting picked in the World Cup squad and then getting sent home at the last moment is gut-wrenching for any player, and it is normal to expect a reaction, but this is where education makes the difference more often than not.

If he had the capacity to think this through, he would have realised that it would only attract criticism and he would have to eventually delete the post/tweet. Burning bridges with the PCB will not help his chance of making a comeback in the future.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    People seem to be ignoring the underlying problem.

Pakistan won the Champions Trophy in England 2 years ago in conditions more favourable to medium-fast bowling. The grass was left longer on the pitches and there was more moisture and the weather conditions were generally damp and conducive to some movement.

This year the grass has been completely removed from the pitches, the balls have no seam and the wickets are bone dry.

These are 350+ batting conditions. And the bowlers who are likely to escape punishment are those who are taller and to a lesser extent those who can reverse swing the ball. But reverse swing requires a full length. And therefore height helps.

In Junaid and Amir, Pakistan has two short 134K left-arm bowlers.

But Amir can swing the new ball more, he is a superior fielder and he is a decent batsman.

And all these things are Junaid's fault: as his bowling lost its zip he never developed a wider range to his bowling, nor did he work on his batting and his fielding.

My concern is that Wahab might be too similar to Shaheen Shah Afridi as a tall, 140+ left-arm bowler.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

Pakistan won the Champions Trophy in England 2 years ago in conditions more favourable to medium-fast bowling. The grass was left longer on the pitches and there was more moisture and the weather conditions were generally damp and conducive to some movement.

This year the grass has been completely removed from the pitches, the balls have no seam and the wickets are bone dry.

These are 350+ batting conditions. And the bowlers who are likely to escape punishment are those who are taller and to a lesser extent those who can reverse swing the ball. But reverse swing requires a full length. And therefore height helps.

But Amir can swing the new ball more, he is a superior fielder and he is a decent batsman.

And all these things are Junaid's fault: as his bowling lost its zip he never developed a wider range to his bowling, nor did he work on his batting and his fielding.

My concern is that Wahab might be too similar to Shaheen Shah Afridi as a tall, 140+ left-arm bowler.
    CT17 pitches were a pancake. Pakistan scored 338 in the final, should give you an indication to that. India were expected to chase it down easily, but a combination of final jitters, scoreboard pressure and most importantly, a charged up amir, who was running in fast and just bowling naturally, without thinking too much about what he was doing, won us the match. Upto that point amir did very little in the tourney, junaid was bowling better and taking more wickets. Junaid was always going to get hammered by england because england's game is based on power hitting and these pitches are pancakes and they are using a an absolutely useless ball(kookaburra). I reckon amir will get hammered by england as well. However, i think junaid would have done well against less aggressive batting sides, better than amir.
    Afridi will get hammered by power hitting sides because he doesnt bowl many fast yokers or bouncers. This is where wahan will do well because he can bowl fast yorkers and bouncers. Therefore afridi should be dropped for wahab.
    Off ropic, i thought you only watched test cricket. Since when have you been an odi fan?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke. Keep this clown out of the team please. Drama should be kept to acting and politics only.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CT17 pitches were a pancake. Pakistan scored 338 in the final, should give you an indication to that. India were expected to chase it down easily, but a combination of final jitters, scoreboard pressure and most importantly, a charged up amir, who was running in fast and just bowling naturally, without thinking too much about what he was doing, won us the match. Upto that point amir did very little in the tourney, junaid was bowling better and taking more wickets. Junaid was always going to get hammered by england because england's game is based on power hitting and these pitches are pancakes and they are using a an absolutely useless ball(kookaburra). I reckon amir will get hammered by england as well. However, i think junaid would have done well against less aggressive batting sides, better than amir.
    Afridi will get hammered by power hitting sides because he doesnt bowl many fast yokers or bouncers. This is where wahan will do well because he can bowl fast yorkers and bouncers. Therefore afridi should be dropped for wahab.
    Off ropic, i thought you only watched test cricket. Since when have you been an odi fan?
    To me Aamir is better depth overs bowler than Junaid. And looking at how much we went for in last 5-7 overs in the recent matches he can make a big difference in higher scroing matches. Aamer might not have been taking wickets in last couple of years but his economy rate are still better than many. Wahab over Junaid is a gamble that can pay off or go really wrong for us but looking at the recent bowling performances I would have done the same.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

PAK scored 338/4 in the final.

Just think about that.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Cricketer View Post
    To me Aamir is better depth overs bowler than Junaid. And looking at how much we went for in last 5-7 overs in the recent matches he can make a big difference in higher scroing matches. Aamer might not have been taking wickets in last couple of years but his economy rate are still better than many. Wahab over Junaid is a gamble that can pay off or go really wrong for us but looking at the recent bowling performances I would have done the same.
    I honestly dont see much difference in 2019 amir and the 2019 junaid. The only difference i see is junaid trying to get wickets and getting hammered on these pancakes and amir trying to bowl economically but not really trying to take wickets. And as Nasser hussain said on commentary, on these flat pitches against the top teams bowling economically is not going to work, you need to take wickets.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    immature attention seeker. Both him and Wahab should be kept well clear of the team.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I would feel like that too when I would be replaced by someone averaging 97 in the country where we will be about to play, and these numbers come when the pitched were better for bowling. In all honesty , if Junaid was kicked out they should have brought in shinwari, who takes a besting but also picks up wicketd. Wahab will only take beating and not take wickets.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Pretty dumb thing to do tbh.....

However, cannot deny the bias and irrationality in Inzi's selection decisions.

#friends and family first
    pathetic post. imam is performing and junaid is sucking but some people are too biased to see things objectively

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the Karwa such is Faheem Ashraf, Abid Ali and Mohd Rizwan will stay in England as Stand by's. While Only Junaid Khan is permanently dropped.
    So Although Abid Ali and Faheem were dropped they are still in, if anyone gets injured. Only Junaid gets the hard boot.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, truth is really bitter and he doesn't really need to say anything. I had high expectations from him & rightfully he was given his due chances. But he bowled awfully. I would look forward to a county stint of him however.
    Last edited by Sami92; 23rd May 2019 at 19:04.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    and the Karwa such is Faheem Ashraf, Abid Ali and Mohd Rizwan will stay in England as Stand by's. While Only Junaid Khan is permanently dropped.
    So Although Abid Ali and Faheem were dropped they are still in, if anyone gets injured. Only Junaid gets the hard boot.
    Its because we already have enough pace bowling options in the squad.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yes Clive Lloyd makes all the selection decisions and Inzi just sits there saying "jee sir yes sir aur koi huqum saday laiq". That's what you want to hear?
    No Sarfraz fans say the reality is the opposite that Inzy dictates the selections and Sarfraz says yes sir no sir as if he is a spectator with no say !

If Sarfraz is this tactical genius his fans claim, why he hasn't he taken a specialist spinner to WC ? Saeed Ajmal kept us at least competitive in ODIs but Sarfraz seemed to have learnt nothing from his international experience.

Even though pace is getting destroyed in England at the moment, Sarfraz according to reports asked for phaast Hasnain (his PSL teammate) and Wahab ! Today on this dry pitch we are crying out for specialist spinners against Afghanistan who are whooping us.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    No Sarfraz fans say the reality is the opposite that Inzy dictates the selections and Sarfraz says yes sir no sir as if he is a spectator with no say !

If Sarfraz is this tactical genius his fans claim, why he hasn't he taken a specialist spinner to WC ? Saeed Ajmal kept us at least competitive in ODIs but Sarfraz seemed to have learnt nothing from his international experience.

Even though pace is getting destroyed in England at the moment, Sarfraz according to reports asked for phaast Hasnain (his PSL teammate) and Wahab ! Today on this dry pitch we are crying out for specialist spinners against Afghanistan who are whooping us.
    We like to keep our identity as well. The cricketing establishment as a whole frowns upon anyone that doesnt have pace or their name isnt Mohammad Amir. You can just make out from the comments of waqar as a fast bowler that they needed someone pacy.
    Last edited by waleed88; 24th May 2019 at 19:46.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not all of the coaching staff wanted Junaid to be left out.

Watch this space......

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't believe Junaid was dropped but Shaheen crap Afridi is still there.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

Sarfraz fans are an embarrassment. He is no tactical genius. If he cant even say to Inzi we need a spinner it just shows how weak a character he is.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe Junaid was dropped but Shaheen crap Afridi is still there.
    Shaheen Afridi has been our best pace bowler since he made his debut.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep shaheen, hasnain will have worse days in the tournament...

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid was right nepotism is Pakistan.. IK 80 kanal land he values at 1 crore rupees or Inzi select family member or Junaid how he protest is disgrace. If Pakistan and Pakistan cricket needs to flourish we need professionalism.

Players coaches taking responsibilities.. work ethics which Kohli puts in or Jahingir khan use to out it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Junaid Khan would not have been made a sacrificial lamb how would that well-connected loser Wahab Riaz get into the World Cup team. PCB and Mani are on eggshells rite now they'll face a huge drubbing after the World Cup. Mani will pay for giving powers to a selfish nepotistic guy like inzamam to play with established players' careers and future prospects for last one year.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan must be laughing right now

Chak de.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Junaid Khan must be laughing right now
    Shame he didn't get a wicket like this to bowl on in the England series.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman