Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Shame he didn't get a wicket like this to bowl on in the England series.
    Agreed. Amir should be thanking his stars.

Chak de.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He couldn't have been any worse than Shaheen.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    All of you guys make the point that Junaid has been unfairly treated, because he has been dropped for two guys who didn't play the series. All the bowlers got smacked and so you all feel Junaid has been harshly treated.

The reality is this - Junaid, and Faheem for that matter, have been so bad that their continued selection in the squad would have been insanity. True all bowlers got hit, but nobody can deny that Hassan, Shaheen and even Hasnain at times bowled better, at least for part of the series, then Junaid.

So Inzi was faced with a stark choice - stick with Junaid and Faheem and show consistency of selection but with certain carnage whenever these two play. Or select two other bowlers who a) are vastly experienced, b) are quicker than Junaid and c) are better exponents of the new ball (in the case of Amir) and old ball (in the case of Amir and Wahab).

As Inzi said in his press conference, he will not for one second let his ego or fear of criticism stop him from doing what is in the best interests of team Pakistan. It has become very apparent in this odi series that the swinging seaming conditions we expected don't exist and the bowlers we have selected are therefore not right for the conditions. Inzi made the correct call and I support him, Amir and Wahab 100%.
    Good post. Spot on. I think itís clear that none of our current crop of fast bowlers can run through a side, but at least amir and wahab do allow a little bit of control with the new ball plus they can contribute a little bit in the field.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
    He couldn't have been any worse than Shaheen.
    He was worse against Ausralia in UAE.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He would’ve got hammered just as much

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing junaid?

Im not a fan of junaid, but im not a hater either.

I think we are definitly missing his bowling with amir, he shouldve atleast been in the squad over one of shaheen or hasnain.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Big mistake. Heís far better as an opening bowler than any of Wahab, Hassan, Shaheen, and Hasnain.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. He is rubbish.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was unfairly dropped. Should have been in the squad ahead of Hasnain. Clearly lacking a good new ball bowler to partner Amir. Shaheen too slippery at this stage to be relied on. I wasn't enthused with the recall of Wahab, but he has exceeded my expectations and bowled very well atleast till now.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying anything, sach karwa hota hai

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed my mind regarding his selection. Should've definitely been selected instead of Shaheen and keep Hasnain for the X-factor.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    Im not a fan of junaid, but im not a hater either.

I think we are definitly missing his bowling with amir, he shouldve atleast been in the squad over one of shaheen or hasnain.
    Ideally Junaid and Usman should have been there.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wished we had better new ball partner for Amir. Hasnain adds zero value in squad as we have outright paced in Wahab already who is better anyway with more experience, better performance and batting skills.

In place of Hasnain we could have picked Junaid or maybe even Faheem who used to at least pitch the ball in good places in opening spell.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would have been smacked. Why r people this desperate??
    This guy got smashed for 80 by county players.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have genuinely missed JK with the new ball.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Folks are romanticizing Junaid too much because he isn't there.

He is a nothing bowler now, a shell of his former self. He would've gone for 70+ runs today. Shaheen is 10x the bowler

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan do players automatically become world beaters once they leave the squad

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has got Warner out 3 times, all in that 2017 series, so it might have been interesting to see JK against Warner. But honestly speaking, Junaid Khan was right to be dropped, his performance vs England was awful.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Folks are romanticizing Junaid too much because he isn't there.

He is a nothing bowler now, a shell of his former self. He would've gone for 70+ runs today. Shaheen is 10x the bowler
    Wouldve been interesting to see what Amir and wahab wouldve done in that English series... we havent had that many high scorers in the world cup as of yet.. those pitches were extra flat

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just came to see why this thread is still alive, and now I am giving it yet another post.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem would have bowled better than Hasan and Shaheen yesterday. Just hitting those hard lengths.
    And he was missed because shadab would have played then too instead of Malik so 7 8 would have been shadab faheem instead of Malik wahab

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Faheem would have bowled better than Hasan and Shaheen yesterday. Just hitting those hard lengths.
    And he was missed because shadab would have played then too instead of Malik so 7 8 would have been shadab faheem instead of Malik wahab
    Was thinking the same. Faheem was not that bad a bowler with the new ball. Sad he batted like a number 11 though.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thereís literally no reason for Hasnain to be in the squad. We are wasting a spot

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Wouldve been interesting to see what Amir and wahab wouldve done in that English series... we havent had that many high scorers in the world cup as of yet.. those pitches were extra flat
    Regardless of pitches, Junaid just doesn't offer much with his bowling. Doesn't really swing the ball, his pace is around 130kmph, his yorkers are gone, bouncers are gone, slower balls / variety gone.

the only thing he offers now is maybe a bit of reverse swing, but with Wahab and Hassan in the team, we have that aplenty

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Regardless of pitches, Junaid just doesn't offer much with his bowling. Doesn't really swing the ball, his pace is around 130kmph, his yorkers are gone, bouncers are gone, slower balls / variety gone.

the only thing he offers now is maybe a bit of reverse swing, but with Wahab and Hassan in the team, we have that aplenty
    Amir is bowling at the same pace now. If pace was a criteria shaheen and hasnain would play too. Amir is basically a Junaid Khan replica now.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's done . He's 29 only on paper.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    missed a trick by not selecting him but Wahab and Amir being lefty left him in limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would have performed better than Shaheen

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Why not play Hasnain now?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Why not play Hasnain now?
    I think heíll crumble under pressure. First WC game and that too against India with the likes of Sharma, Kohli, Dhoni etc is something you donít throw a promising youngster in this soon. If Pakistan really wants to play a bowler Indians donít know much about then Shaheen should get a go. Has enough games under his belt and since weíve invested so much in him he needs to show if he can deliver or not. Hasnain should get games against Bangladesh and Afghanistan imo.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is being missed.

Junaid Khan was left out rightfully.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    WC is all about taking tough decisions. Hassan Ali is not in good form, unnecessary to pick him. Picking Hasnain will be a gamble but could work.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    WC is all about taking tough decisions. Hassan Ali is not in good form, unnecessary to pick him. Picking Hasnain will be a gamble but could work.
    you serious...WC is one place where i noticed experience is making quite a difference. unless you are some super talent which so far I haven't yet seen from Hasnain - no big burst of taking 4-5 wickets in any ODI played to-date (and not even list A i believe), it would be a huge risk to play him now. he usually balls 3-4 good balls an over which batsmen can leave or take single and then bowls 2-3 bad/avg balls that they can score freely. he doesn't seem to swing new ball either. on top of that he brings nothing more with bat or even fielding. I would play Hasan Ali at the moment, or if taking a chance then play Shaheen as third pacer over Hasan Ali as Shaheen while going for some runs has been still taking 2-4 wickets which can overall help us in getting team bowled out.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This trundler should never play for national team.Absolute pathetic player.He is the definition of mediocrity.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    He has got Warner out 3 times, all in that 2017 series, so it might have been interesting to see JK against Warner. But honestly speaking, Junaid Khan was right to be dropped, his performance vs England was awful.
    I dont really care about jk anymore but which bowler's performance was good in that England series?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I dont really care about jk anymore but which bowler's performance was good in that England series?
    No one's tbf, but out of all the ones that deserved to be dropped, it was him. His bowling was pathetic, as was everyone else's, but his fielding in that match we lost is probably what sealed his omission. And he just seemed to be laughing after those misfields as well. Good riddance.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam and Azhar Mamood need to answer why they shamelessly kicked out Junaid Khan but kept Hasan Ali in the squad who was pathetic in the England series in terms of runs given and is continuing to massacre his own team with performances.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid is well past his best and was deservedly dropped. We would have been hammered in the world cup.

Usman Shinwari should have been retained and included ahead of Hasnain, Wahab and Hasan on the basis of his recent performances.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeoftroy View Post
    Inzamam and Azhar Mamood need to answer why they shamelessly kicked out Junaid Khan but kept Hasan Ali in the squad who was pathetic in the England series in terms of runs given and is continuing to massacre his own team with performances.
    Doesnít matter. The dropped guy would have been smashed as well.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe cos he was awful against eng bowling and in the field

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Doesn’t matter. The dropped guy would have been smashed as well.
    He was far more economical in the Eng series where all went for runs but certain favorites Shaheen and Hasan were shielded. It has been a disaster that has happened today.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Experience counts in these big tournaments. Junaid Khan's role in the CT win is criminally under rated.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Experience counts in these big tournaments. Junaid Khan's role in the CT win is criminally under rated.
    It was not experience it was favoritism, the guy chosen was'nt on the benches. They used the opportunity to bring him back after 2 years and what wonders he did its all open now.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The umpires unlike the umpires in the SL v Pak game will be trying very hard for India to get the match as much as they can. Pakiatan needs to act smart get Babar in and ask Fakhar to just stay on the wicket. Umpires and india will be trying to get any wicket before rain in an hour
    Last edited by Draeoftroy; 16th June 2019 at 19:52.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great opportunity wasted to unleash the rookie Mohammad Hasnain or Shaheen vs India.

On a flat belter, they decided to bowl shadab instead

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Turns out Junaid Khan was bitter.

Good decision to drop him. Hopefully he has played his last international match.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan keen to make strong comeback

Test-discard left-arm pacer Junaid Khan declared he is fully fit and ready to serve Pakistan cricket and spearhead Pakistan team fast bowling department.

Talking to The Nation, Junaid said: “When I was highly frustrated with the treatment rendered to me by the team management, I posted a picture of mine on social media, as a token of soft protest. I was highly let down and was in huge pain, but no one from the PCB contacted me. A number of my fans and followers contacted me and convinced me to remove the post as it will bring bad name to the country, so I removed it. Obviously, as a Pakistani and a cricketer, I will never do something, which is against my country.”

“With the arrival of MD Wasim Khan and new management, I am hopeful of getting justice and opportunity to represent Pakistan again. I had countless offers in England to play full-time league cricket, but I always put Pakistan way ahead of my personal ambitions. As a Pakhtoon, I reacted somewhat not in suitable way and I do agree with that, but if one puts himself in my place, he will understand the problem I had been facing,” he added.

The pacer said: “I have taken a lot of crucial wickets for Pakistan team and helped it win countless matches. I always given my 100 percent and people must understand that I have played majority of my cricket on UAE, Bangladesh and Sri Lankan slow tracks; even then my performances are no secret. If I had played on bouncy tracks of Australia, South Africa or England, I could have taken loads more wickets.

“I have played 22 Test matches and only one in South Africa. If we talk about One-Day Internationals, I was sixth fastest, who had achieved 100 wickets milestone. I had played only two series in England and South Africa, while played rest of my ODIs in UAE, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka,” he added.

Junaid said now new MD has taken over the reins of PCB and he has made it clear that no one will be ignored and no injustice will be done to players. “I am sure he will live up to his commitments and provide justice to the ignored players, who have served Pakistan cricket for years. I am keen to perform well in domestic cricket and earn call up for national team.

“Muhammad Aamir has announced retirement at very early age of 27. I feel he still had five more years to play for Pakistan team. He should reconsider his decision and help Pakistan team, which baldy needs experienced campaigners. Same apply on Wahab Riaz as he is bowling in full rhythm and still capable of getting crucial wickets.

“I always believe in hard work and I want to play cricket for Pakistan. I know I can shoulder the burden and can fill the huge gap left by Aamir and Wahab, while everybody knows, Pakistan team is baldy missing a wicket-taking bowler up front, who may bamboozle any given batting order. I can assure the PCB that I am the one, who can resolve all problems and can provide wickets at the top. If provided with chances, I will never let down the team and the country,” Junaid concluded.

https://nation.com.pk/14-Aug-2019/ju...trong-comeback

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid should be patient instead of appearing like a bitter guy.

He is a very talented bowler but he can do better with social media.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can he comeback? or is his action still questionable?
    He is a good player imo.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    can he comeback? or is his action still questionable?
    He is a good player imo.
    There is no issue with his action, that's not the reason he is out of the side

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter