"I'm not playing for myself, this isn't my team, it's Pakistan's team and I play for it": Babar Azam

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I'm not playing for myself, this isn't my team, it's Pakistan's team and I play for it": Babar Azam

Babar Azam at a presser after the warm-up match against Afghanistan:

"When we started batting, the wicket wasn't easy to bat on and it was a little slow. It was quite slow. When we lost some wickets, we intended to build a partnership which I managed to do with Shoaib bhai but after that we couldn't get another partnership that we needed"

"Going forward, we'll try to do our best in upcoming matches. We're lacking a little in bowling and we'll try to cover that and perform well in the next match"

"I play according to the plan given to me by the team, I am not playing for myself, this isn't my team, this is Pakistan's team and I play for it. I didn't play for myself, we were losing wickets and my job was to build partnerships"

"Shadab and Wahab bhai have joined the team and Amir also so we have more experience now. Shadab looked to be in rhythm and bowled well"

"The wicket was slow compared to the England series and the ball was turning and it was coming slowly and it wasn't coming onto the bat that well"

"My form is quite good and I am looking to continue it. The England series was quite helpful and the conditions were good and hopefully they'll continue to be like that"

"We need to improve our bowling. In terms of batting, we need to improve our strike-rate. We'll try to make bigger scores"

"My game isn't to go out there and bat at a SR of 100-120, my job is to bat out the overs and build partnerships"

"We have belief and we're hopeful and the morale is high in the team"

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is spot on..

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Give the kid a break you grown little / insecure men who are meant to be responsible adults.

All the best Babar, ignore everyone; you're doing Pakistan proud mate keep at it champ!

This lad should not be under this much pressure before a tournament @Chief Destroyer

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Id take a 100 at a run a ball every day from him

Yes sometimes he is a little slack in his approach but hes only young and already carrying the pressure and burden of the team

Hopefully he continues this form throughout the cup A successful number 3 will only benefit pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a ridiculous question.

I wish babar have shut the journalist like dhoni or kohli .these two are masters in putting ignorant journalists like these to there places
    Last edited by saeed5646; 25th May 2019 at 05:35.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish this journalist spot hafeez & malik somewhere & and ask them, how long you will take to forgive Pakistan cricket?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar was by far the best player for Pakistan. It’s a positive that he is in fine form. I think his knock was really important- Pak would have not posted 200 without his knock. Playing at 100 strike rate is excellent also.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is love <3

Sad that he is put under so much pressure by stupid journos.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need to improve our strike-rate. We'll try to make bigger scores"

"My game isn't to go out there and bat at a SR of 100-120, my job is to bat out the overs and build partnerships"

Contradictory. He doesn't have belief in himself, how will we believe he will win us a game? He mentions how the team needs to improve strike rates and will try to make bigger scores, yet says he doesn't need to score of a Strike rate of a 100 or more. Who fills his head with this crap behind the doors? You can't just state the improvement needed and then not attempt it yourself leaving the responsibility on everyone else. A good but very limited batsman who can't accelerate when needed/win games for pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Give the kid a break you grown little / insecure men who are meant to be responsible adults.

All the best Babar, ignore everyone; you're doing Pakistan proud mate keep at it champ!

This lad should not be under this much pressure before a tournament @Chief Destroyer
    It's actually ridiculous, and for someone who looks timid at the best of times can have adverse repurcussions.

Whatever anybody thinks, our batting hopes are pinned squarely on him to bat close to half the balls in 7 out of the 9 matches!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Babar is love <3

Sad that he is put under so much pressure by stupid journos.
    The only thing that is sad is that a world class player doesn't have the guts or the personality to shut up a nobody like that!

Never would you see such a soft response from any other top athlete in any sport!

You'll get trampled over if you can't stand up for yourself. Babar needs to grow a pair!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The only thing that is sad is that a world class player doesn't have the guts or the personality to shut up a nobody like that!

Never would you see such a soft response from any other top athlete in any sport!

You'll get trampled over if you can't stand up for yourself. Babar needs to grow a pair!
    The reason is your username man,

Babar is a @Snowflake

He's a stereotype example of a typical millenial of the Pakistani cricket team.

Alot of money, Gold category pay package in the PSL, scores centuries for fun, gets t20 reputation as the best in the business. Has no bearings on the team's performance overall.

Stats are only as good as the team's performance overall. 10 matches with 10 match losing scores never bodes well for the player.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    The reason is your username man,

Babar is a @Snowflake

He's a stereotype example of a typical millenial of the Pakistani cricket team.

Alot of money, Gold category pay package in the PSL, scores centuries for fun, gets t20 reputation as the best in the business. Has no bearings on the team's performance overall.

Stats are only as good as the team's performance overall. 10 matches with 10 match losing scores never bodes well for the player.
    Not sure if I follow because all what you mentioned can also be used to explain an overly obnoxious/aggressive personality.

I believe a strong persona is a natural trait. Babar unfortunately is a softie and because of that I don't see him being an out an out match winner for Pak ever.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Not sure if I follow because all what you mentioned can also be used to explain an overly obnoxious/aggressive personality.

I believe a strong persona is a natural trait. Babar unfortunately is a softie and because of that I don't see him being an out an out match winner for Pak ever.
    I'm not describing a personality, mainly someone who doesn't desire to be better than 'the best in a bad lot'

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib played for himself instead of going for the chase
    Warner was not playing according to situation
    Against india
    I wonder what could have been reaction of those who are justifying above 2 innings if it was babar azam instead of those 2

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Shakib played for himself instead of going for the chase
    Warner was not playing according to situation
    Against india
    I wonder what could have been reaction of those who are justifying above 2 innings if it was babar azam instead of those 2
    People would be rallying for him to be dropped

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    People would be rallying for him to be dropped
    Or creating thread "we shouldn't expect babar azam to change gear when he doesn't have the ability to score briskly ".Warner have the ability to change gear but ended up with strike rate of 66 when his team was chasing 350

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind numbing hatred for the kid who is quite possibly the best batsman Pakistan has produced in this century or ever.

Pakistanis are weird.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Much like his personality, his batting too is very timid.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is a classy batsman.

Let him play his natural game.

After so many years we have a world class bat and we want him to go the ‘Shahid Afridi’ way.

You cannot expect from a top order batsman to hit a six or a four on every delivery.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganju Baba View Post
    Mind numbing hatred for the kid who is quite possibly the best batsman Pakistan has produced in this century or ever.

Pakistanis are weird.
    Exactly!!!!

He perfectly defined his role.....

"My game isn't to go out there and bat at a SR of 100-120, my job is to bat out the overs and build partnerships"!

Yet he batted at S/R of 108 during his "slowed down as got closer to his 100" innings, and yet for flak for "not batting like Jason Roy". Strangely enough that criticism came from a few of those fans who could not stop worshiping Misbah's S/R of 70-75 in every inning ..... not too long ago!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35 View Post
    Exactly!!!!

He perfectly defined his role.....

"My game isn't to go out there and bat at a SR of 100-120, my job is to bat out the overs and build partnerships"!

Yet he batted at S/R of 108 during his "slowed down as got closer to his 100" innings, and yet for flak for "not batting like Jason Roy". Strangely enough that criticism came from a few of those fans who could not stop worshiping Misbah's S/R of 70-75 in every inning ..... not too long ago!
    I am sure Babar would have regressed if he played under Misbah and would have been tuk tuking like him. Or would have been dropped since he plays his shots. Rubbish batsmen, captain and.... loves his cricket. The fact is that Misbah fans are jealous of babar since he's already achieved more then him which is just few years then Misbah has in his entire career, getting an odi ton, not one but 9 already and he's not even played the amount of matches Misbah played, i am sure by that time he would have 15+ comfortably Inshallah.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BAN that clown journalist, should never ask questions from the players again.

Also, anyone criticizing Babar on this forum has no cricket sense.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I am sure Babar would have regressed if he played under Misbah and would have been tuk tuking like him. Or would have been dropped since he plays his shots. Rubbish batsmen, captain and.... loves his cricket. The fact is that Misbah fans are jealous of babar since he's already achieved more then him which is just few years then Misbah has in his entire career, getting an odi ton, not one but 9 already and he's not even played the amount of matches Misbah played, i am sure by that time he would have 15+ comfortably Inshallah.
    I think, you may be right!

Just look at the abuse I used to get for questioning Misbah's S/R of @70-75 and his inability to score an ODI 100 even after 150+ ODIs.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...11-and-2015-WC

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...s-series/page2

I sometimes read these type of threads just to have a laugh!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35 View Post
    I think, you may be right!

Just look at the abuse I used to get for questioning Misbah's S/R of @70-75 and his inability to score an ODI 100 even after 150+ ODIs.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...11-and-2015-WC

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...s-series/page2

I sometimes read these type of threads just to have a laugh!!!!
    I remember. These people use to go crazy over Misbah's 80 balll 50 and are no complaining about a guy who's pretty much scoring run a ball 100 and still his fault when we lose. I just went through the thread again and there are some gems in there. Thanks to Misbah we are behind the world and are slowly but surely picking up. Was recently watching youtube videos of our u16 players and majority of them favorite player was Babar including the bowlers so there goes out the theory that youngsters look up to Misbah and not Babar. Didn't hear any of them mention Misbah.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I remember. These people use to go crazy over Misbah's 80 balll 50 and are no complaining about a guy who's pretty much scoring run a ball 100 and still his fault when we lose. I just went through the thread again and there are some gems in there. Thanks to Misbah we are behind the world and are slowly but surely picking up. Was recently watching youtube videos of our u16 players and majority of them favorite player was Babar including the bowlers so there goes out the theory that youngsters look up to Misbah and not Babar. Didn't hear any of them mention Misbah.
    Misbah was the worst thing to happen to Pak cricket in the past two decades.

No other nation would have given him even one more match after he singlehandedly lost us a world cup semi.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

No other nation would have given him even one more match after he singlehandedly lost us a world cup semi.
    Exactly. Don't forget his pathetic shot in the t20 final. This guy have done a lot of damage to our cricket, but people here think our cricket wouldn't have survived if we didn't make him our captain in 2010. Who can forget him making Azhar our captain and playing Asad Shafiq in odis when he's one of the worst batsmen to play for us statistically. His cricketing intelligence was on display last week when he was having a go at amir. Lets not forget him selecting his friends all the time i.e asad ali, salman (the wicket keeper). Riffatullah, ifti, the list goes on. Lets also not forget that he's still playing cricket at the age of 45 to support his family and his love for cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Everytime Misbah gets criticized for his ODI record knives are out from his supporter and they bring the test mace without realizing that the discussion is about LOI not tests