Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Conditions were not that extreme. Our batters were undercooked and played poorly. Pandya with no footwork was able to survive by applying himself.
    Rohit has gotten out to such swinging ball so many times in his career. He still hasn't found a method to deal with incoming ball from a left arm seamer. He just keep his feet on the crease prods the bat.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I am not sold on India being confirmed favorites. Yes they are a better side than Pakistan but if you can get the top 3 out of their quickly, there are question marks on Dhoni and the lower order. I predict a decent first round and qualification to the semis but may end up falling short in the semis.
    That's a fair prediction. No one with half a brain is expecting any more to be honest. Only blind dhoni/Kohli fans think India are capable of going all the way.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    New Zealand is a very decent ODI side with the right balance and India struggles when the ball is moving seems like WC will be a bit of a competition between bat and ball which is not suitable for teams like India and England that rely heavily on batting.

Interesting times.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    Lmao according to Kohli,
    Dhoni 17 from 50ish balls was a positive
    Dhoni tired out kiwi bowlers and Jaddu took full advantage of it.

Us armchair critics do not understand the almighty Dhoni s plans. Everything he does has a deeper meaning. Only geniuses like Shastri and Kohli can understand Dhonis plans.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by systemsrocket View Post
    I guess you also said that India won't win in Australia also you also said that pakistan will beat India because Kohli isn't playing.
    Yes I got predictions wrong but I was one of the few on this forum who respected India's achievement of winning in Australia.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Yes I got predictions wrong but I was one of the few on this forum who respected India's achievement of winning in Australia.
    I know. I have been following this forum for a long time as a guest and i know you are amongst the most neutral of the fans.
    I respect your view

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by systemsrocket View Post
    I know. I have been following this forum for a long time as a guest and i know you are amongst the most neutral of the fans.
    I respect your view
    Thank you very much.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    New Zealand is a very decent ODI side with the right balance and India struggles when the ball is moving seems like WC will be a bit of a competition between bat and ball which is not suitable for teams like India and England that rely heavily on batting.

Interesting times.
    Their opening is very weak,munro is a hack and guptill is horribly out of form.They probablly have the weakest opening batsman of all the teams plus trent boult is a type of once in a blue bowler he does well in one match and then he becomes expensive and medicore.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Interesting times.
    actually India rely bowling this time...

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Difference between you and me is I am a cricket fan while you are just a part timer who is more interested in business side of cricket. Keep counting how much money they are getting in your off season while I and others will enjoy our World Cup.
    As if World Cup & IPL are different entities! The same IPL players are playing World Cup including West Indies team! I think you were extremely happy when good chunk of the money was going to ICC and other boards when all Indians were watching useless umpteen bilaterals (yes they are useless in their own way!)

Sorry "business" is also an important factor in cricket, in fact the most crucial part... You are watching these matches only because of this factor, and not because a noble cricket fan such as you who can travel to all cricket stadiums and pay few thousand dollars to see this pure game! These players will stop playing if they depended only on that!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting times.
    People are reading so much into this just one game! Its a long tournament... People who are trolling India (like when India lost somewhere in Dharmashala against Lakmal & co in a similar way!) will start complaining that ICC has prepared tailor-made pitches to suit India & its FTBs once India starts winning!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cnt believe people are discussing so much over a warm up game. it was a bad start & thats totally justified if you look at the conditions. Kohli took a chance which didnt paid off. The team will move on from that to next warm up game before the main event. Even if Bangladesh wins aganist india that dosent spoil india chances at all. World Cup will be a whole different thing & That will show true character of this team.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    People are reading so much into this just one game! Its a long tournament... People who are trolling India (like when India lost somewhere in Dharmashala against Lakmal & co in a similar way!) will start complaining that ICC has prepared tailor-made pitches to suit India & its FTBs once India starts winning!
    Where correctly do you see me trolling? this is how I feel, and Indian batsman struggles against moving ball is not a new thing or utterly new theory.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    actually India rely bowling this time...
    I am not entirely sure about this honestly your biggest match winner is still Virat who is a batsman, and then you guys rely on piling up runs with big opening stands and stable middle order. I think India got a better bowling unit than they are typically used to but still not relying on bowling you will again win matches based on your batting power.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yezir View Post
    I cnt believe people are discussing so much over a warm up game. it was a bad start & thats totally justified if you look at the conditions. Kohli took a chance which didnt paid off. The team will move on from that to next warm up game before the main event. Even if Bangladesh wins aganist india that dosent spoil india chances at all. World Cup will be a whole different thing & That will show true character of this team.

True

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or bcci has umpires in pocket another fav go to excuse

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where correctly do you see me trolling? this is how I feel, and Indian batsman struggles against moving ball is not a new thing or utterly new theory.
    ODI is not about moving balls (If so we can call back Pujara and KL Rahul will safely switch back to his initial purist mode when he started playing cricket!) Its just an odd match, India should concentrate on tightening their bowling and not leak more than 300 runs to any opposition (pick up wickets, use bowlers judicially & aggressively) This batting line up can manage with 250-ish totals...

At least don't leak 300 runs to teams like Pakistan as they did in CT (I know England & Australia can thump 300+ against India! If that happens then its goodbye! That's why I don't have too much hope with this team! But the team is definitely not such poor team as people mock! There are other teams which are far worse - Only England & Australia can feel confident!)

India should work out their strategies like they did in Asia Cup, SA, Australia tours! Make the most use of bowling & fielding, then we can cover the loopholes in the batting!

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    ODI is not about moving balls (If so we can call back Pujara and KL Rahul will safely switch back to his initial purist mode when he started playing cricket!) Its just an odd match, India should concentrate on tightening their bowling and not leak more than 300 runs to any opposition (pick up wickets, use bowlers judicially & aggressively) This batting line up can manage with 250-ish totals...

At least don't leak 300 runs to teams like Pakistan as they did in CT (I know England & Australia can thump 300+ against India! If that happens then its goodbye! That's why I don't have too much hope with this team! But the team is definitely not such poor team as people mock! There are other teams which are far worse - Only England & Australia can feel confident!)

India should work out their strategies like they did in Asia Cup, SA, Australia tours! Make the most use of bowling & fielding, then we can cover the loopholes in the batting!
    Unfortunately, you still are not talking about cricket but India and Pakistan. I don't think Pakistan is a logical competitor for this world cup. When I mentioned moving ball I was talking about formidable teams with proper pace attack who can swing the new ball and can wipe Indian top order clean and take the match away, but what can I do when you can't get your mind off Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, you still are not talking about cricket but India and Pakistan. I don't think Pakistan is a logical competitor for this world cup. When I mentioned moving ball I was talking about formidable teams with proper pace attack who can swing the new ball and can wipe Indian top order clean and take the match away, but what can I do when you can't get your mind off Pakistan.
    Well I tried to divide the problem... The chances of India getting into a situation as you said is very less against most teams except England and Australia... Anyways I always agree that our team should not have such major loopholes...