Stage is all set for Wahab Riaz to unleash himself!

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stage is all set for Wahab Riaz to unleash himself!

Pitches for world cup seems to be dry and reverse swing is going to be a major factor. Wahab is someone who needs pitches like these to come into the equation as he is master of reverse swing and ball tailing in. We have seen glimpse of this in his comeback spell against Afghanistan where he almost pulled off a sensational win. With depleted new ball bowlers like Amir, it's only fair to say that we must pin our hopes on Wahab and Hasan to deliver magics with the old ball and our chances depend on how these two perform.
    Last edited by MRSN; 27th May 2019 at 17:49.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be successful this time too like he was previously I have no doubt about that.He has improved a lot and is stronger and fitter.I think he will be among leading wicket takers this time around too.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am expecting him to be the best pak bowler in the World Cup. Our regulars have been absolutely shoddy

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Pitches for world cup seems to be dry and reverse swing is going to be a major factor. Wahab is someone who needs pitches like these to come into the equation as he is master of reverse swing and ball tailing in. We have seen glimpse of this in his comeback spell against Afghanistan where he almost pulled off a sensational win. With depleted new ball bowlers like Amir, it's only fair to say that we must pin our hopes on Wahab and Hasan to deliver magics with the old ball and our chances depend on how these two perform.
    Pinning our hopes on Wahab, a bowler with an average touching 35, says it all when it comes to this WC and our hopes.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Pinning our hopes on Wahab, a bowler with an average touching 35, says it all when it comes to this WC and our hopes.
    Hourses for courses. Our bowling has looked terrible against England and Shaheen was smashed by Zazai of all batsmen so yes Wahab can't do worse. In fact these are his favourite conditions so he might become lethal like the spell against Afghanistan. Wahab only improves our chances on these decks.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Hourses for courses. Our bowling has looked terrible against England and Shaheen was smashed by Zazai of all batsmen so yes Wahab can't do worse. In fact these are his favourite conditions so he might become lethal like the spell against Afghanistan. Wahab only improves our chances on these decks.
    His performance against a second rate Afghanistan, who are getting battered today, doesn't say much. Wahab has been a failure almost all his career. His numbers back that up. He might take wickets here or there but like Hasan carried us through the CT is beyond Wahab and has been beyond him all his career.

Still I hope I am wrong.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The stocks have plunged so much.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His performance against a second rate Afghanistan, who are getting battered today, doesn't say much. Wahab has been a failure almost all his career. His numbers back that up. He might take wickets here or there but like Hasan carried us through the CT is beyond Wahab and has been beyond him all his career.

Still I hope I am wrong.
    It doesn't but he was the best Pakistani bowler on display and almost pulled off a win for his team. I am not saying he is world class but he makes the playing XI of our team as we don't have any world class bowler. We have quite a mediocre bowling line up. Wahab may be bad but he makes this team on merit.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let him play 3 consecutive matches we will see how much he have improved. I was watching highlights of Afghanistan match he was not express as he used to be so without any great reverse swing he will be tested against top team

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hope the batsmen don't unleash on him as is often the case

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm infuriated with his selection and I'm sure Mickey is too because it wasn't approved by him - just shows who's really pulling the strings!

I think we're all quick to forget one of the reasons Pakistan won the CT is because he was dropped for Junaid Khan, who had a very good competition by his mediocre standards. I say that because he's a barrel-straight trundler.

By no means am I suggesting Junaid Khan did enough to be retained in the squad but I would have liked to have seen someone who isn't a TTF, be given the chance instead. Wahab has proven time and time again, that he has a deficiency when it comes to bowling intelligence, for instance during that duel with Watson, he had all the rhythm and momentum going for him, but as he was so predictable, Australia just had to fend off what they know was coming (short balls). If he had mixed-it up with the odd yorkers and slower balls, he could have single-handedly bowled out Australia. Ever since then he's been living off that one spell and I can bet you when he's come on to bowl every commentary will feel the need to regurgitate this.

When his rhythm isn't so good, his bowling is further compounded by his inability to outwit the batsman and that's when he turns into a spray gun. This sums up why he should be nowhere near the squad, because on a bad day he will lose the match on his own as we saw in Trent Bridge (3 years ago) and in the following year against India. Fair to say on that note there is no basis for anyone to support his inclusion in the side.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Just hope the batsmen don't unleash on him as is often the case
    Haha. Good one!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP you bash the selectors, Sarfraz and Mickey for ruining Pakistan cricket. Then you go and end up making a thread for supporting the definition of a TTF.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Riaz the false dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I am one of those who called for Wahab to be recalled purely on watching the other contenders bowl garbage in the PSL, and struggle to impose themselves on the better quality batsmen that played in it. But I am under no illusion that he has suddenly become a world beater, he hasn't.

He could well get belted all around the ground on Friday by the Windies who are generally pretty good players of fast bowling. But regardless, I still think he will be Pakistan's most successful pace bowler just because he can bowl at the death....on a good day. The rest can't. On any day.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will soon realize😂😂wahab riazs dehshat that every batsmen had dreams of smacking w.riaz all around the ground

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket isn't played on stats

2011 wahabs fiver Vs India got us back in the game and then we were knocked out of the tounement by our batsmen

2015 again we were right in the game untill rahat dropped the game.
    Last edited by The Viper; 27th May 2019 at 23:36.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Cricket isn't played on stats

2011 wahabs fiver Vs India got us back in the game and then we were knocked out of the tounement by our batsmen

2015 again we were right in the game untill rahat dropped the game.
    Who said cricket being played based on stats. His numbers back up my statement that he's been a failure. A few games here or there don't mean anything. Amir has done more against India than Wahab ever did, you won't see hyping him up.

You can prance around the issue but the guy has an average of 35, that's downright garbage. And an average is indicative of a players' career.
    Last edited by The Viper; 27th May 2019 at 23:37.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said cricket being played based on stats. His numbers back up my statement that he's been a failure. A few games here or there don't mean anything. Amir has done more against India than Wahab ever did, you won't see hyping him up.

You can prance around the issue but the guy has an average of 35, that's downright garbage. And an average is indicative of a players' career.
    Amir is hyped up so much just coz of his 3 wickets against ind.
    Imagine if pak had beaten ind in that semi, wahab riaz would have been the next imran khan in terms of popularity.
    Wahab has achieved more than Amir in world tournaments and that is a fact.
    Last edited by The Viper; 27th May 2019 at 23:38.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Imagine if pak had beaten ind in that semi, wahab riaz would have been the next imran khan in terms of popularity.
    Wait, what?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Wait, what?
    Sometimes to prove your point you need to go OTT.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes to prove your point you need to go OTT.
    That was too OTT.

Wahab has the potential to lose us atleast one out of nine matches single-handedly MashaAllah

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    That was too OTT.

Wahab has the potential to lose us atleast one out of nine matches single-handedly MashaAllah
    MashaAllah. It's a serious talent.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He did look good against Afganistan, but lets reserve judgement for how he does against better teams.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest he is a guy who bowls his best when everyone fails with the ball and bowls rubbish when others bowl magical spells. Here are the few examples:

Semi final Mohali: Our main bowler Umar gull who was in a beast mode failed but this guy took 5 wickets.

Asia cup 2012: Everything was going fine till Wahab came to bowl Kohli. Kohli smashed him 50+ in 4 or 5 overs and rest was history.

WC 2015: Even though defending 212 was an uphill task against Australia but still this guy stepped up and bowled one of the historic spell to Watson, however others bowlers failed miserably.

Asia cup 2016: Who can forget Amir's re-entry against India when destroyed India's top order. Then wahab came to bowl and kohli smashed him for 16 odd runs in an over while chasing 84.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I am no Wahab fan, he has usually delivered for Pakistan in ICC tournaments apart from the India game in CT17. He usually is a top performer in PSL as well . Now that he is selected I wish him all the best .

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still in awe how Hasan Ali was no1 ODI bowler, he seems to be ripe for 60-70 runs on a good day.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab is not world class but still better than Hassan, Junaid, Hasnain, Faheem etc

He will perform decently against Ban, Sri, Afg

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was his purple patch
    He has lost it completely, his wicket-taking ability has been reduced gradually in international cricket

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Come on yaar jaanay de

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Due to shoddy selection this spray gun Wahab has become indispensable. Can't play toddlers like Shaheen and Hasnain in the WC who are being smashed even by minnow batsmen.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with his selection but I can understand why Inzi selected him. I wouldn't be shocked if he proved me wrong but I would not be surprised if he had some really poor matches.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Due to shoddy selection this spray gun Wahab has become indispensable. Can't play toddlers like Shaheen and Hasnain in the WC who are being smashed even by minnow batsmen.
    Yep. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't lose us a game but unfortunately he's booked his spot and it's inevitable he's gonna play vs WI, he has to really, it's only fair but he's always a risk

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has performed well in the World Cup in the past, so maybe he will have another good tournament. However its sad that we are so desperate now that we have to depend on him.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Yep. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't lose us a game but unfortunately he's booked his spot and it's inevitable he's gonna play vs WI, he has to really, it's only fair but he's always a risk
    I swear he got smacked by Russell in 2015. Did he?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For him to be effective it’s very important that the new ball bowlers take some early wickets.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    963 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Template should be same as of CT, with Hasan to play role of Junaid and Wahab in role of Hasan.

First 10 overs, 5+4+1 for Hasan + Amir + Imad
    10-20, 5+5 for Imad + Hafeez
    20-30, 5+5 for Shadab + Wahab
    30-40 , 3+3+3 for Shadab, Hasan, Amir
    40-50, 2+1+4+3 for Shadab Hasan, Wahab, Amir

Shadab + Wahab pair will work.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Wow are we back in 2015? Wahab Riaz bowled well against Afghanistan but again he is going to have more bad days than good.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear he got smacked by Russell in 2015. Did he?
    Yes he did, in that match where we were 1-4.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhmmm

Amir got SRT out in 2009 in a ICC tournament for nothing
    Amir got DILSHAN out 1st over in the WT20 FINAL
    Amir destroyed the INDIAN top order at the CT17 FINAL

Forget Wahab, Amir has had the most impact as a PAK bowler during the last 10 years.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Uhmmm

Forget Wahab, Amir has had the most impact as a PAK bowler during the last 10 years.
    What is amir now??
    A 130kmph trundler.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    he has an excellent WC record so it was wise for the PCB to get him in there last minute, though I would still back Shaheen Amir and Hassan to be the starting pace trio for the opener vs WI.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wahab is one of the worst bowlers I have ever seen play for Pakistan, to me he's got that typical Punjabi aggression of wanting to destroy the batsman's face with the ball rather than bowling intelligently. Reverse Swing is a vital skill in the world cup and I can see fear from the likes of NZ players who have spoken up about that reverse swing should not be allowed in the WC. Another thing about Wahab is that he's a number 10-11 batsman since he has lost his consistency when it comes to batting, he's not a number 8 or 9; I refuse to believe that he can bat intelligently as Hasan and Amir are better at belting the ball. We don't need another player who's going to concede us lots and lots of runs, our batsmen are not capable of chasing down big totals.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    City Of Wrestlers
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times wahab need to unleash himself? Strange thread

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    okay.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Wow are we back in 2015? Wahab Riaz bowled well against Afghanistan but again he is going to have more bad days than good.
    You can say that about all the Pakistan fast bowlers at present. At least he has shown some recent form and fitness.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He along with Amir was lucky not to play against England. Otherwise Junaid would have been selected.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Wahab is one of the worst bowlers I have ever seen play for Pakistan, to me he's got that typical Punjabi aggression of wanting to destroy the batsman's face with the ball rather than bowling intelligently. Reverse Swing is a vital skill in the world cup and I can see fear from the likes of NZ players who have spoken up about that reverse swing should not be allowed in the WC. Another thing about Wahab is that he's a number 10-11 batsman since he has lost his consistency when it comes to batting, he's not a number 8 or 9; I refuse to believe that he can bat intelligently as Hasan and Amir are better at belting the ball. We don't need another player who's going to concede us lots and lots of runs, our batsmen are not capable of chasing down big totals.
    He is way better than your typical pacers.His record in world cup speaks for it.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th May 2019 at 21:13.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He will have exactly one decent game, so it’s important to know which game to select Wahab for in this tournament

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Uhmmm

Bhai jaan I'm a big time Amir fan but cannot deny that he averages 90 odd since CT 17. I'm hopeful for a massive turn around but doesn't seem likely.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible Gujjar View Post
    He is way better than your typical pacers.His record in world cup speaks for it.
    Not really, he's been extremely poor in previous games so I don't know why some people believe that he'll come good. I want to be proven wrong though because I obviously want us to win.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th May 2019 at 21:14.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gets Eng best bat. Gives Pak advantage.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has a lot of flaws. Bowls without much thought, bowls fast erring constantly in line and length but right now he appears to be the only fast bowler who can get a wicket. Constantly bowling over 90mph but with really attacking lines. Good use of Yorkers and length ball snorters. Good Seam.

Really happy to see him back but most importantly always looks to give his best.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Time for Wahab to be a hero.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab you sexy beast!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey said he isn't a match winner and Wahab's proved Mickey wrong and that too in an emphatic manner.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I had high hopes from him and boy he didn't disappoint me. Great bowler. A must among mediocre talent we have

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have gotten a 5er today but pathetic captaincy from captain useless didn't let him do it.All in all he was wonderful.He has performed in world cup previously he will perform in this one too.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Always backing him. Sher.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab bowled really well today. Despite conceding 82 in his 10 overs. In modern cricket that's gotta be decent stats chasing 350 on the board. Cant critique him too much he turned the game around with his 2 wickets in 2 deliveries and picked up bairstow as well

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magnificent his stats don’t even do him justice tons of boundaries off of edges

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On flat phattas i guess hes an asset where wickets are needed

Yes he can be expensive and wild but he does have a wicket taking ball in him

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is at his best at the moment.

Talk about Amir being a big-match bowler, what is Wahab then?

Always turns up in WC!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another great game. Match winning bowling today.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great bowling by Wahab today. Great treat to see those reverse-swinging deliveries crashing on to the stumps.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has bowled very well in this world cup but still 7 catches have been dropped off his bowling which are just too many

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most World Cup wickets for Pakistan
    55 Wasim Akram
    34 Imran Khan
    32 WAHAB RIAZ
    30 Shahid Afridi/ SHoaib Akhtar
    26 Mushtaq Ahmed

Putting this here as well. Well done today

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Great bowling. Need him to be consistent now

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love those reverse swinging yorkers!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He was selected for death bowling. Needs to do better in his first spell and take wickets in the middle

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lovely death bowling again. Bowled well in the middle also. Needs to stay consistent.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    He was selected for death bowling. Needs to do better in his first spell and take wickets in the middle
    He did both today, just fielders dropped the catches. His first spell was tight, and if the catches were taken he would have took two wickets in the midde overs as well.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He did both today, just fielders dropped the catches. His first spell was tight, and if the catches were taken he would have took two wickets in the midde overs as well.
    Apart from myself, Rishwat and a few others everyone wrote this guy off. He's not a bowler you judge on the numbers, you have to watch him bowl. Him and Aamir have both been our saving grace, unfortunately they've not always had the best support either from bowlers or in the damn field.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Apart from myself, Rishwat and a few others everyone wrote this guy off. He's not a bowler you judge on the numbers, you have to watch him bowl. Him and Aamir have both been our saving grace, unfortunately they've not always had the best support either from bowlers or in the damn field.
    It's unfortunate how much abuse this gun bowler gets.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reverse swing was a delight to watch

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    It's unfortunate how much abuse this gun bowler gets.
    He has been around for so long and always fights till the final bell, the desire is still there his flame has not been extinguished just yet

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeon1994 View Post
    That reverse swing was a delight to watch
    That's signature Pakistani bowling at its best, what a joy to watch; Wahab is a throwback in the modern era

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have never questioned his committment in the field with either bat or ball. Always think of him as someone extremely unlucky. Big moment player and if utilized well is a terrific asset on certain type of pitches.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Later spells were better particularly the last one but he still bowled some poor deliveries in his first spell.

Perhaps a few wickets today will boost his confidence.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn’t like his selection but he has had a very good tournament.