Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

England defeat South Africa by 104 runs to begin World Cup campaign on a strong note

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/339137409" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Morgan embraces pressure of being favourites

Eoin Morgan promised England will not fold under the pressure of being World Cup favourites ahead of Thursday’s opener against South Africa.

Ranked first in ODI cricket, England have won 15 of their 19 series since going out in the pool stages at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015.

They brushed aside Pakistan 4-0 earlier this month and, although they lost their warm-up match with Australia, saw off Afghanistan in their final contest on Monday.

Morgan confirmed his squad has a full bill of health, after injury concerns for Mark Wood, Jofra Archer and Liam Dawson, and declared his side ready for action.

“We have spoken about it as a group, the level of expectation and the favourites tag is there for a reason,” he said.

“Over the last two years, particularly at home, we have been outstanding and that is the reason it is there.

“In past World Cups I have played in and some of the others have played in, we have gone with little expectation and not done that well. I would pick this position instead.

“There is a lot of belief within the dressing room. We are confident with our own game. The first game of any World Cup or Ashes feels different and that is natural.

“Dealing with it is a challenge in itself but one we are looking forward to. A win [against South Africa] under any circumstances will do.”

England will hope to emulate their female counterparts after they won the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2017 on home soil.

The men’s football team also gripped the nation with their run to the World Cup semi-finals last summer and manager Gareth Southgate passed on his words of advice earlier this month.

The two teams’ journeys are remarkably similar and Morgan believes his side can also inspire the country.

“We did the session with Gareth and it was brilliant,” he added.

“Every one of our players enjoyed it. He got up and talked about his journey with the team, especially in the build-up and how they increased expectations.

“Everyone who has been in our team recognised that they were in the same place we were four years ago. Hopefully we can match what they did.”

To do that, a fast start is essential but South Africa – ranked third in the world – will pose a major threat at The Oval, even without fast bowler Dale Steyn who is missing with a shoulder injury.

But it is the conditions which worry Morgan most, with cloud expected for much of the morning.

“In every World Cup, something stands out. And in this one, it could be that every team is three or four down early on because of the overhead conditions,” he added.

“We are prepared for that and it is something we will overcome. They are a well-rounded team, they are coming into a tournament with confidence.

“They have coped without Dale Steyn often for about a year and a half. They have cover. The last time they were here, Dale wasn’t and they were fine.”

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/339157392" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Du Plessis relishes underdogs tag

Faf du Plessis ramped up the pressure on hosts England, insisting Thursday’s World Cup opener is a free swing for his underdog South Africa side.

The Proteas skipper will lead his side out at The Oval against the world’s top-ranked team, who are also chasing their maiden ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup trophy this summer.

England have won 15 of their last 19 ODI series and are the early favourites on home soil.

That is a tag South Africa have been used to at recent World Cups but they are also chasing their first trophy and, despite being ranked third in the world, Du Plessis insists they will play without fear.

“Whether you are favourites or not, you still have to play good cricket,” he said.

“They deservedly have the tag because they are the home nation and have consistently played good cricket.

“But you will face such different opposition through this tournament so it is about making sure you stay focussed for the whole tournament.

“England are the favourites so if it means on the day there is less pressure on us then we can play freely.

“We are going in as underdogs and if that releases some players in the team then that is great.”

For South Africa to stop England in their tracks, taking wickets will be essential.

England captain Eoin Morgan claimed their current top seven is the best they have ever had and much of the pre-tournament talk has surrounded the prospect of them becoming the first side to score 500 runs in ODI cricket.

The loss of seamer Dale Steyn is a further boost for England, with the 35-year-old ruled out with a shoulder injury.

However, South Africa still boast a formidable pace attack led by Kagiso Rabada, the fifth-ranked bowler in ODI cricket.

“KG does not need any guidance from me,” Du Plessis added.

“I can speak to him from a tactical point of view but I won’t tell him how to bowl, he knows more than I do.

“It is about setting him free. World Cups are for people to perform and KG will want to make this his stage.

“Dale is a big loss to our team but we expected it. When we picked the squad he was 60 per cent ready so we anticipated for this to happen.

“But a fit Dale Steyn makes our attack a strong one so we need to make a few changes to our team for England.

“Our bowling is one of our X-factors. We have pace with Steyn, Rabada and [Lungi] Ngidi and that changes now. That is plan A for the World Cup in terms of our balance.”
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th May 2019 at 23:27.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No Dale Steyn

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    From our perspective, I'd rather have England win. England will make the semis anyways, whereas South Africa will be competing with us for that 4th spot.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Looks like a green wicket.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    Doha, Qatar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gonna rain smh..

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Looks like a green wicket.
    Hopefully. Would be fun to watch Rabada, Ngidi, Archer and Woakes bowling on it.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich™ View Post
    It's gonna rain smh..
    Checked on Google, it says there isn't any rain, just overcast.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    SA are too reliant on their bowling, they remind me of Pakistan sides of yesteryear. Batting looks a bit light, but with that pace attack they could knock over some good sides. More of a spoiler side than a genuine world cup hopeful.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eng Massive favourites can SA sprung a shock result

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England will smash SA. Overrated side.

I predict if England bat first 330-350, SA all out 270-290

C’mon England!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    England will smash SA. Overrated side.

I predict if England bat first 330-350, SA all out 270-290

C’mon England!
    How are they overrated??
    Literally no one is rating them.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SA is only team who have been competitive against England in england .They could have easily draw the 2017 odi series 2-2 in eng. if they have avoided epic choke in 3rd odi.

Nevertheless England are strong favourites but if conditions did favour fast bowlers it can be very close game

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    How are they overrated??
    Literally no one is rating them.
    No AB makes them even more inferior batting side. Their bowling is good but nothing too dangerous or unplayable!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    SA is only team who have been competitive against England in england .They could have easily draw the 2017 odi series 2-2 in eng. if they have avoided epic choke in 3rd odi.

Nevertheless England are strong favourites but if conditions did favour fast bowlers it can be very close game
    Just checked it was 3 match series Which England won 2-1 and it was 2nd odi where Sa choked in chase

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South africa to win u heard it here!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amla looked in pretty good touch in the warmups. The opening partnership will be important for SA.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SA bowling vs Eng batting

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think SA may win this. England are vulnerable to bouncers and SA pace attack is strong. Get roy out cheaply and you have good chance of beating england, just like you get fakhar out cheaply, you have a good chance of beating pak. From watching SA, they always go hard against south africans who have turn their back on SA and play for england. So im expecting roy to get peppered with bouncers and a few words said to him.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if SA winning this would be beneficial to us or not.
    As would have a big win out of the way and I doubt eng would be too affected by the loss.
    It will just make It harder for pak to qualify if SA win this.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if SA winning this would be beneficial to us or not.
    As would have a big win out of the way and I doubt eng would be too affected by the loss.
    It will just make It harder for pak to qualify if SA win this.
    True! However, if pak wins 6 games they make it to the semis. Obviously if matches are washed out for other teams ,then pak can qualify to semis by winning less games and conversely, if pak matches are washed out(especially against the lower rank teams) pak will have to win more than 6 games. Lots of permitations. Best just win your own matches and not rely on others.
    If england lose to SA, aussies, NZ and india or pakistan- they are out. I think all of these teams are capabke of beating england. Also, i think WI on their day can beat england. Crucial opening game for england. Too many people think england have this wc in the bag, i dont think they will win it.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    True! However, if pak wins 6 games they make it to the semis. Obviously if matches are washed out for other teams ,then pak can qualify to semis by winning less games and conversely, if pak matches are washed out(especially against the lower rank teams) pak will have to win more than 6 games. Lots of permitations. Best just win your own matches and not rely on others.
    If england lose to SA, aussies, NZ and india or pakistan- they are out. I think all of these teams are capabke of beating england. Also, i think WI on their day can beat england. Crucial opening game for england. Too many people think england have this wc in the bag, i dont think they will win it.
    There are different ways of looking at this. Ideally, I would want eng to lose their first 4 games and possibly one other game and then get knocked out but realistically that won't happen

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Heart says SA but head says England . Hoping for a good match.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa are a very weak side they have no chance they will get blown away by everyone in this tournament and they are professional chokers and extremely consistent in it as well so it should be an easy win for the poms but it’ll most likely be washed out just like more than half the matches in this world cup

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are different ways of looking at this. Ideally, I would want eng to lose their first 4 games and possibly one other game and then get knocked out but realistically that won't happen
    Ive got no grudge against england, im a brit myself. If england win it, it will be because they deserve it. I am just giving my honest opinion, that i dont see it as a cake walk for england to win it. Aussies, NZ, SA, india, pak and WI are all capable of beating england. Thats 6 teams. And if england make it to the semis, which they probably will, they most likely have to beat 2 of these sides again to win the wc. i dont see them doing that.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa will win ,I can see England collapsing .

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Ive got no grudge against england, im a brit myself. If england win it, it will be because they deserve it. I am just giving my honest opinion, that i dont see it as a cake walk for england to win it. Aussies, NZ, SA, india, pak and WI are all capable of beating england. Thats 6 teams. And if england make it to the semis, which they probably will, they most likely have to beat 2 of these sides again to win the wc. i dont see them doing that.
    What makes you think WI capable of beating England? Have you not followed general ODI since 2015 WC? Do you know where WI ranks in the ODI? When the last time they beat Eng in England?

Lets not get blindly hyped up because Gayle is back. Windies are below average ODI side

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    whoever batting second will win.. Hopefully SA will win the toss and elected to field..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What makes you think WI capable of beating England? Have you not followed general ODI since 2015 WC? Do you know where WI ranks in the ODI? When the last time they beat Eng in England?

Lets not get blindly hyped up because Gayle is back. Windies are below average ODI side
    WI capable of beating any side, but they're not consistent.. if couple of guys get going it's match over for other team...

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    IMG_20190529_221422.jpg

This is what the pitch looked like at The Oval.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the pitch is flat England will smash South Africa so badly they will be mentally scarred and not able to do well against other teams

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa need to play extremely well to beat England.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Odds are heavily in favor of United Nations.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    Doha, Qatar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling it now, SA will win and the entire host nation will go into shock.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a big set back for saf.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitch Looks greener

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For saf to do well there bowler needs to bowl very well specially with the likes of rabada ngidi Imran Tahir. Restricting eng to small total is the only way of winning like aus did in the warm up match. Although it was a warm up but win is a win after all.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If South Africa wins, the chance of Pakistan winning against England diminishes even more as they will not lose 2 in a row.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oval is a high scoring ground. I expect whoever wins toss will bat first. England will definitely bat first. 330 minimum needed.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hosts England take on South Africa in highly-anticipated tournament opener

Overview:

England v South Africa

The Oval, London
    2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, Match 1
    Thursday, 30 May; 10:30am local, 9:30am GMT

England's batting line-up is laden with superstars, headed by the opening pair of Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow, who boast the highest strike-rates in ODI history, among all openers to have scored more than 1,000 runs. The rest of England's line-up possesses similar strength, Eoin Morgan and Joe Root's presence often relatively overshadowed by the magnificent Jos Buttler, who is arguably the most devastating 360° batsman in the world today.

While Morgan is all set to return to lead the side after missing the first warm-up matche due to finger injury, newly-qualified fast bowler Jofra Archer will be the man to watch among the bowlers, and could just be what they need to finally lift cricket's most prestigious trophy.

South Africa, like England, do not possess an esteemed record at the tournament, but their side looks balanced and of high quality.

Wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock is as capable as anyone of punishing England's opening bowlers, and is a proven match-winner, alongside the experienced duo of Hashim Amla and skipper Faf du Plessis. The bowling unit, despite the absence of Dale Steyn, who has been ruled out of the first game as he continues to recover from shoulder injury, seems formidable, boasting the the ever-energetic Imran Tahir and 24-year-old pacer Kagiso Rabada, who finished as the top-two wicket-takers in the Indian Premier League.

Key players

Jofra Archer (England): The batting looks suitably reinforced, so it is important that Archer hits the ground running for England to establish an equally potent bowling unit.

Imran Tahir (South Africa): Quelling runs and taking key wickets in the middle overs will be vital to prevent an astronomical England total, and Tahir will be the man tasked to do it. His guile and experience could prove crucial against the strong England middle order.

Conditions:

It's set to be a cloudy, dry day in London, with injections of sunshine. Whatever the weather, expect England to go full-tilt with the bat from ball one.

Squads:

England: Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

South Africa: Faf du Plessis (c), Aiden Markram, Quinton de Kock (wk), Hashim Amla, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, JP Duminy, Dwaine Pretorius, Dale Steyn, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Tabraiz Shamsi

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/en/1227419

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually they do have nail biting series against England recently where they draw odi series 2-2 just 3 month ago if not rain they might have won series 3-2 .Interestingly they batted out england batsmen in 2 games .England is favourite ground for the likes of lewis,gayle and Russell. They have capability to thrash any side in worldcup

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Dale Steyn is a massive setback for South Africa. He will be replaced by Chris Morris who isn’t really the same caliber as a bowler.

Another thing is that South Africa have to play Aiden Markram to balance their team in the place of either Van der Dussen or Duminy. If Markram is playing at 3, Faf at 4 and Miller at 5, suddenly the batting lineup starts looking good.

People are underestimating SA too much here. Even if there is an abondance of very good openers, 50+ averages etc I rate QdK as the best opener in ODI’s. He is one of those rare ones that can take on any kind of bowler.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    No Dale Steyn is a massive setback for South Africa. He will be replaced by Chris Morris who isn’t really the same caliber as a bowler.

Another thing is that South Africa have to play Aiden Markram to balance their team in the place of either Van der Dussen or Duminy. If Markram is playing at 3, Faf at 4 and Miller at 5, suddenly the batting lineup starts looking good.

People are underestimating SA too much here. Even if there is an abondance of very good openers, 50+ averages etc I rate QdK as the best opener in ODI’s. He is one of those rare ones that can take on any kind of bowler.
    Good points. They have to play the top 5 you mentioned. They can't drop duminy since he is the 6th bowling option. So rassie has to make way.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng big favourites here, will win comfortably...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The weather is beautiful.

Here we go !

South Africa win the toss and bowl first.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though South Africa have won a good toss but England shouldn’t worry much just put up 350 and jofra archer will take care of the rest

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England will fly through this putting England to bat first is a big mistake

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng will target 370 with that bowling line up.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    England Squad:

Playing XI: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Liam Plunkett, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid

South Africa Squad: Playing XI:Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Aiden Markram, Faf du Plessis (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Jean-Paul Duminy, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir

South Africa won the toss and opt to bowl

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA should have batted first..

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Though South Africa have won a good toss but England shouldn’t worry much just put up 350 and jofra archer will take care of the rest
    I dont expect SA batsmen to perform like Pak.
    They'll make use of whatever loose stuff jofra will offer. I think jofra is over rated he hasnt even played odi cricket

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The carnival of cricket is here brothers. Better than IPL, Ashes , World T20 and similar gimmicks. This is what cricket is all about. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    England will lose if they score less than 350 today.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    IMG_20190530_101719.jpg

Teams tend to have the advantage chasing at The Oval.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The carnival of cricket is here brothers. Better than IPL, Ashes , World T20 and similar gimmicks. This is what cricket is all about. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Back to the Motherland of Cricket !

Prince Harry delivering the formalities.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both Clutch van der Dussen and Phehlukwayo. Nice.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Back to the Motherland of Cricket !

Prince Harry delivering the formalities.
    The beauty of the World Cup is that it is a very special event regardless of where it is played. Fond memories of all of them except the one in the Caribbean. I can't watch the first ball since in at work. Just following on CI

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Come on SA! Let’s win this!

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isn’t Miller playing?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    Both Clutch van der Dussen and Phehlukwayo. Nice.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    As a Brit, I can say South Africa beat us in the anthem contest.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    No idea.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    right time to enjoy this WC except when Pakistan plays.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tahir opening the bowling

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Interesting move start with Tahir bhai

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird. Tahir opening the bowling

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Tahir making dua before bowlin

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tahirrrr

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faf is a genius.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bairstow Gone!!!!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a bowl. And what great thinking by Faf

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Oh what a ploy !

Great leg break to get Bairstow for a duck.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Tahir you beauty!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bairstow 1st ball gone!

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should open with shadab against England.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collapse??

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir