Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Root, like babar is not a match winner. Both are old fashioned anchors(pakistan need an anchor because their batting is weak, but england doesn't). Roy, like fakhar is the match winner. It will be interesting to see how england do if roy gets out in single figures.
    Bairstow is more dangerous than Roy

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    It's funny you are trying to hit out at my country of residence when you have no other arguments.

Atleast we do not suck at the sports we take interest in. Toronto Raptors are the in final of the NBA and Canada's hockey team is one of the best historically. Can't say the same for England who pioneered cricket and have never won a WC, or won a football WC all the way back in the 60s
    I think the only real failure has been the Cricket World Cup as it is played by a few select countries.

About 150 countries of the world play Soccer/Football and around 10 to 20 of them are top of the line football countries including Germany, Spain, Italy and France.

Much harder to win a Football world Cup when the competition is tough.

How many countries play the NBA? And how does Canada fare in Ice Hockey internationally ?

Being good at a sport that only choice few play is inevitable which is why only A Cricket World Cup which has eluded England.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Today SAF lost the game so badly for mission Bg couple of key moments - Kock & JP played two mind blowing stupid shots, particularly Kock, who was set and just before his dismissal, SAF scored like 25 in 2-3 overs.

It’s might not be that bad a result for SAF!!! Every World Cup, they start like a machine - almost errorless and look like have answers for every thing.... then the KO comes .... this time, it’s like more human who makes silly mistakes. It might not be that bad for them, but I am sure now they’ll take full toll against our boys in next game😩

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny you are trying to hit out at my country of residence when you have no other arguments.

Atleast we do not suck at the sports we take interest in. Toronto Raptors are the in final of the NBA and Canada's hockey team is one of the best historically. Can't say the same for England who pioneered cricket and have never won a WC, or won a football WC all the way back in the 60s
    Bro I’m from Canada too ehhh the raps are playing downtown is already jam packed

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Bro I’m from Canada too ehhh the raps are playing downtown is already jam packed
    I hear there is a line up already to get into Jurassic Park and game is 6 hours away

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Archer makes a statement in England success

Jofra Archer showed why England could not leave him out of their final ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup squad as he bowled them to opening win against South Africa.

In just his fourth ODI, Archer struck the early blows and made a later incision in his team’s defence of 311, 23 runs fewer than what they made when they batted first in the inaugural World Cup match in 1975, where they totalled 334 /4 against India.

Then, successful chases of over 300 were considered the exception; now, they are regarded as the norm. Add to that the pre-match talk of a run-fest and England’s score appeared slightly underwhelming until Archer got in on the action.

In a five-over opening burst, he stunned South Africa with pace and aggression and then returned in the second half of the innings to blunt any hope Faf du Plessis’ men had of an ambush at the end.

Archer greeted South Africa with an all-too-familiar weapon, the short ball. Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock found themselves needing to fend off quick, well-directed bouncers. In the fourth over, Amla missed an attempted pull shot off one of Archer’s deliveries and was struck on the grille. He received on-field treatment and a new helmet arrived but Amla left the field, pointing to his forehead. He then underwent repeated Concussion Assessment Tests including computerised testing while his teammates tried to keep up with the required run-rate.

Quinton de Kock and Aiden Markram took the fight to England but Archer was having none of it. The ball after Markram slayed Archer through the covers, he responded with a wider line and found extra bounce to trap Markram as he pushed from the back foot and edged to slip. That was England’s first wicket of the World Cup and it went to their least experienced bowler to the roar of The Oval crowd.

Faf du Plessis had the perfect riposte and drove Archer through the covers for four off the next ball but Archer had the last laugh. In the next over, he lured Du Plessis into the pull shot but the South African captain top-edged. Moeen Ali at fine leg took the catch to complete an outstanding first spell from Archer.

South Africa were 44/2 after 10 overs with neither their captain nor their most experienced batsman, Amla, at the crease and Archer had issued his early warning. He was not needed to remove the biggest threat to England, Quinton de Kock, but was brought back in in the 32nd over, when a lesser known player had started to threaten.

Rassie van der Dussen had just brought up his fifth career half-century in 10 matches and though he was fast running out of partners, England wanted him out of the way. He was rushed into taking Archer on but only got his pull as far as mid-on where Moeen finished the job.

By then, Amla had been cleared to bat by both the South African team doctor and the tournament’s chief medical officer. He returned to face the same bowler who earlier forced him off the field. Archer welcomed him back with an 88mph bumper.

Archer’s second spell lasted just two overs and he was not needed again. Ben Stokes took a magical catch at deep mid-wicket and two wickets in two balls to end South Africa’s hopes of repeating a very particular kind of history.

In the 11 editions of the tournament before this, the team batting second in the opening match has only won twice. In 1979, West Indies chased 191 against India with 51 balls to spare and 20 years later, in 1999, England hunted down Sri Lanka’s 204 with 10 balls remaining. History may have hinted another heist could take place in 2019, but England have their attack, and specifically Archer, to thank for preventing that.

The hosts opened their account with a big win and left South Africa with plenty to ponder about the make-up of the XI. South Africa only have a two-day turnaround and will play Bangladesh in their second match on Sunday.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Today SAF lost the game so badly for mission Bg couple of key moments - Kock & JP played two mind blowing stupid shots, particularly Kock, who was set and just before his dismissal, SAF scored like 25 in 2-3 overs.

It’s might not be that bad a result for SAF!!! Every World Cup, they start like a machine - almost errorless and look like have answers for every thing.... then the KO comes .... this time, it’s like more human who makes silly mistakes. It might not be that bad for them, but I am sure now they’ll take full toll against our boys in next game��
    Miller should play the next game. Also can you explain why they played Markham,Amla ,and Van Der Dussen? I thought only 2 would play.

Sundays game will be very interesting.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todays match showed Pakistan played much better against #1 team.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a close WC and it will come down to bet run rate. Assuming no one else gets smashed like this, South Africa is near enough out.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    That means Pakistan will certainly beat SA?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    That means Pakistan will certainly beat SA?
    It was not a double meaning comment so up to you take out what ever makes you happy.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was not a double meaning comment so up to you take out what ever makes you happy.
    Not happy, i see this comment like 3rd or 4th time in this thread. It basically means nothing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Not happy, i see this comment like 3rd or 4th time in this thread. It basically means nothing.
    Pakpassion na...!!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear there is a line up already to get into Jurassic Park and game is 6 hours away
    Yeah bro fans have been filling up Jurassic park since 7 am they got no work to go to lmao and even celebration square is gonna be packed tonight

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Expecting a 4-2 win, must not allow game 7, be at home. Durant won’t play in first 4 games (probably never for GSW again) - this is the time to beat them. Raptors are surprisingly 2-0 in regular season against GSW and Durant played both games, but Curry missed the Oracle Arena game.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    South Africa have to move on quickly from England loss says Du Plessis

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish that really matters – and South Africa captain Faf du Plessis insists the Proteas can only get better after their opening-game 104-run defeat to England.

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish that really matters – and South Africa captain Faf du Plessis insists the Proteas can only get better after their opening-game 104-run defeat to England.

South Africa bowled well to restrict England’s heavy-hitting batsman to 311-8 but their run-chase got off to a bad start when veteran opener Hashim Amla retired hurt after a hit to the head.

The right-hander later returned but South Africa struggled to regain control as England’s Jofra Archer bowled north of 90mph on his way to three wickets.

Quinton de Kock (68) and Rassie van der Dussen (50) put on 85 for the third wicket but when De Kock was caught off Liam Plunkett, their innings unravelled and they stumbled to 207 all out in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup opener.

“You are going to play games and come up against opposition that are better than you. England beat us in all three facets of the game,” said Du Plessis.

“As much as we are disappointed, we will want to learn from it quickly and put it to bed. We want to move on from it quickly.

“The flow of the innings unfortunately started with Hashim coming off. When you are chasing a big score like 312, you need a good start to settle the dressing room.

“A good start is really important. With him coming off, a few overs later Aiden [Markram] got out and then I got out. When you go three down, it becomes tough and the score looks big, it looks too far.

“The pitch was good enough.”

South Africa, who face Bangladesh in their second match at The Oval on Sunday, won the toss and put England into bat, where they revealed a masterful ploy right in the first over.
    Despite possessing the third-best ODI fast bowler in the world in Kagiso Rabada, Du Plessis opted to give the first over to leg-spinner Imran Tahir and it worked wonders as the 40-year-old dismissed Jonny Bairstow with just the second ball of the tournament.
    Tahir finished with 2/61, while Rabada and fellow quick Lungi Ngidi came back to take wickets at the death.

“It was a plan,” Du Plessis said.

“It was something we first thought about a year ago. When we played against England, I thought we want to go with him because it is different.

“At The Oval you want to bowl two seamers first but we went with what I thought was the best way to get a wicket. I went with my gut.
    “Imran had not bowled with the new ball before so he had been practising that for the last two weeks. He knew he was going to do that today.”

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I getting Pakistan CT ‘17 vibes of SA?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    World cup is different! Just watch, enjoy and analyse each match on its own!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    World cup is different! Just watch, enjoy and analyse each match on its own!
    Agreed, this is 100 over/inning world playing on mars.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

England defeat South Africa by 104 runs to begin World Cup campaign on a strong note

England have this habit in big games of going for a score in the excess of 700 to bat the opposition out of the game, and in the process getting bowled out for a score around 200. I'm talking about the new England here of course. However, they batted intelligently yesterday and judged the pitch nicely. It wasn't your typical over 370-run pitch. They batted smartly as almost everyone chipped in with a contribution. Well done to them!

If England can sort out this bad "habit" in the long run too, there's no way that this team can be stopped from lifting the trophy. Their second concern in my opinion would be their bowling, but Jofra Archer seems to have calmed that fear too somewhat. All in all, pressure games such as a semi-final will tell us the true worth of this team. Them not making to the top four will be an almighty shock of course!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agreed, this is 100 over/inning world playing on mars.
    South Africa is not the same team in world cups!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    England have this habit in big games of going for a score in the excess of 700 to bat the opposition out of the game, and in the process getting bowled out for a score around 200. I'm talking about the new England here of course. However, they batted intelligently yesterday and judged the pitch nicely. It wasn't your typical over 370-run pitch. They batted smartly as almost everyone chipped in with a contribution. Well done to them!

If England can sort out this bad "habit" in the long run too, there's no way that this team can be stopped from lifting the trophy. Their second concern in my opinion would be their bowling, but Jofra Archer seems to have calmed that fear too somewhat. All in all, pressure games such as a semi-final will tell us the true worth of this team. Them not making to the top four will be an almighty shock of course!
    They don't have the best quality spinners!

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

England defeat South Africa by 104 runs to begin World Cup campaign on a strong note

Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    They don't have the best quality spinners!
    Valid point, and noted. In fact, the last three ICC tournaments played in England over the last 10 years have proved that spinners can have a big say even on these pitches. However, if England are able to battle the pressure of big matches, and if their strengths click, that missing element may not prove all that costly. Either way, let´s see how it goes.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.