Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

After being outplayed in all three departments by the hosts, England, in the tournament opener, South Africa will look to get the first points under their belt when they take on Bangladesh in the fifth match of the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2019, at The Oval on Sunday.

Overview:

South Africa v Bangladesh

The Oval, London
    2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, Match 5
    Sunday, 2 June; 10.30am local, 9.30am GMT

South Africa had their moment of glory in the first over of the World Cup, as a brilliant tactical move by Faf du Plessis saw the return of the dangerous Johnny Bairstow for a first-ball duck. However, they could not maintain a firm hold on the game thereafter and succumbed to a 104-run defeat.

While the bowlers did manage to execute their plans for most part of the innings, Du Plessis admitted that Dale Steyn's absence hurt them dearly. The Proteas will need significant contributions from their senior batsmen, to set it up against the promising Bangladesh unit.

Bangladesh's 95-run loss in their second warm-up match against India, gave them a reality check and significant positives in the same brief. While their new ball bowlers exploited the conditions to good effect, troubling the Indian top order, lack of wickets in the middle overs saw the game drift away from their hands. Mushfiqur Rahim's form with the bat comes in as a great positive, as the wicket-keeper batsman is the mainstay of their middle order.

Bangladesh had defeated a strong Proteas side in the super-eights stage of the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2007 by a convincing margin of 67 runs but only four players from the current lot were a part of that XI.

Key Players

Hashim Amla (South Africa): After being undone by a vicious Jofra Archer bouncer, Amla's return to the crease in the 32nd over of the innings, came in as a huge relief for South Africa. The right-hander indicated his return to form with sublime half centuries in both warm-up matches and would be keen to better those performances.

Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh): Ranked as the No. 1 all-rounder in the MRF Tyres ICC ODI rankings, Shakib has always risen up on big occasions for Bangladesh. Apart from his batting skills, the all-rounder's left-arm spin will be crucial considering the number of right-handers in South Africa's top-order.

Conditions

Well-scattered showers are expected during the afternoon. The overcast and windy conditions might just assist seamers early on and the toss might well play a crucial role in the game's outcome.

Squads

South Africa: Faf du Plessis (c), Aiden Markram, Quinton de Kock (wk), Hashim Amla, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, JP Duminy, Dwaine Pretorius, Dale Steyn, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Tabraiz Shamsi

Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Abu Jayed, Liton Das (wk), Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Mithun (wk), Mohammad Saifuddin, Mosaddek Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Tamim Iqbal

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/en/1232036

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Some points to ponder:

South Africa and Bangladesh are both attempting to win the ICC Men’s Cricket
    World Cup for the very first time; the Proteas have never gone beyond the semi-final
    stage whilst Bangladesh got to the quarter-finals last time out in 2015.

• South Africa have claimed victory three times in a row against Bangladesh ahead of
    this ODI, Bangladesh had won the previous two encounters prior to this span; only
    their second and third wins overall in 20 ODIs against South Africa.

• Bangladesh (W1) and South Africa (W2) have faced off three times in the ICC Cricket
    World Cup; South Africa winning their most recent such game in the 2011 edition by a
    margin of 206 runs.

• Bangladesh come into this match on the back of winning four out of four completed
    matches in their Tri-Nation series with Ireland and the Windies, enough to win the
    series.

• South Africa opened ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 against hosts England,
    suffering a 104-run defeat to Eoin Morgan’s men; it ended a run of six ODI victories on
    the bounce.

• Bangladesh have completed two previous ODIs at The Oval, losing both matches to
    England, by eight wickets in 2017 and 10 wickets in 2005.

• Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh) has scored 223 runs in two previous ODI appearances at
    The Oval, registering scores of 128 and 95.

• Shakib Al Hasan is one wicket shy of becoming the second player to accrue 250 ODI
    scalps for Bangladesh, after Mashrafe Mortaza (264).

• Quinton de Kock (South Africa) has now posted scores of 50+ in six of his last seven
    ODI knocks for the Proteas; he became only the second man to record 3,000+ runs as
    an opener since the last Cricket World Cup during his side’s game with England
    (Rohit Sharma).

• Kagiso Rabada (South Africa) managed to register his best ever ODI innings figures
    versus Bangladesh; claiming 6/16 against them in his debut match (July 2015).

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

South Africa vs Bangladesh | 5th Match, World Cup | The Oval | June 2, 2019 | Match Thread

Anything can happen today folks, anything. Amla will be the key wicket for Bangladesh I feel. Remove him and let the fun begin!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    Anything can happen today folks, anything. Amla will be the key wicket for Bangladesh I feel. Remove him and let the fun begin!
    Amla won't be playing today Rawal Bhai.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First upset of the WC if you can call that way. Remember, you heard it here first.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    First upset of the WC if you can call that way. Remember, you heard it here first.
    You mean South Africa going to cause an upset by defeating BD?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am having a good feeling about this match, everyone is looking forward to this game. Whole country will come to a stand still when match starts

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You mean South Africa going to cause an upset by defeating BD?
    Touche.

Ban to beat SA in the first thriller match of the WC

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Supporting Tigers for a good open WC

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    I am having a good feeling about this match, everyone is looking forward to this game. Whole country will come to a stand still when match starts
    Best of luck, BAngladesh winning makes the WC really exciting

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Won't be an upset. SA are a better team but I dont think its a massive mismatch unless match is played on bouncy Proteas wickets

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    Good luck bro. Hopefully, you'll get a pitch which grips a bit.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    Quinton d Kock has an avg of 66 against BD. He will be the key wicket

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soumya Sarkar will score a double ton

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on BD.

I think this will be the first competitive match of the WC.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If not anything else I hope brothers Sowmya and Liton smash the hell out of KG, Tahir Bhai and Lungi .

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If BD bowl well they will win
    Batting is good

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

South Africa vs Bangladesh | 5th Match, World Cup | The Oval | June 2, 2019 | Match Thread

Amla won't be playing today Rawal Bhai.
    My bad! Thanks bhai. Indeed, he was hit in the last match.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's raining

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I will certainly be watching this match with interest. Some BD fans were quite arrogant in discussions about their team's chances against Pakistan in the warm up game so I am expecting BD to be quite a powerful team. Could well be their confidence is well placed so today will be confirmation of their rising stock perhaps.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to today's match. Can the Asian team make a mark today in the points table? I hope so.. all the best to Bangladesh brothers..

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they playing Cardiff today?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess today markram is going to score big..

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match is in London and I think it's sunny out there..

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the day that tells us how Bd will features in this WC as morning shows the day. I am expecting good fight against SA if not the win. BD should primarily target Sri,Pak,WI and Afg teams. Win against SA or Nz is also must.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet again, the Asian team loses the toss and will have to bat first.

I hope BD has learned the lesson from previous matches. 30/0 after 10 overs is OK in these conditions.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting first. Tamim is playing.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    They are bowling first with an extra seemer😩

I pushed an appointment today by few hours, but looks like could have managed without that.

Good luck boys - first target is to take this game beyond lunch.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    They are bowling first with an extra seemer��

I pushed an appointment today by few hours, but looks like could have managed without that.

What score will you be happy with?

I hope they bat with 250 (and not 350) in mind.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    And yet again, the Asian team loses the toss and will have to bat first.

I hope BD has learned the lesson from previous matches. 30/0 after 10 overs is OK in these conditions.
    Used pitch. Could be a positive for Bangladesh with the spinners and Fizz.

However we are known to self implode too.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    South Africa have won the toss and will bowl first.

Teams: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehedi Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Mustafizur Rahman

South Africa: Quinton de Kock (wk), Aiden Markram, Faf du Plessis (c), Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, JP Duminy, Andile Phehlukwayo, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I will certainly be watching this match with interest. Some BD fans were quite arrogant in discussions about their team's chances against Pakistan in the warm up game so I am expecting BD to be quite a powerful team. Could well be their confidence is well placed so today will be confirmation of their rising stock perhaps.
    Who understand cricket should know that any of the team in this WC can beat any team in their day. So there should'nt be any arrogance to show. But normal sense also tells that team like India are clear favorite against team like Srilanka or Bd. That being said there are 60-40 chance of BD's winning against Pak. And I think that wouldn't be called arrogance.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    What score will you be happy with?

I hope they bat with 250 (and not 350) in mind.
    Iíll be happy if they first bat out 50 overs. Never was expecting to win, but WC games should be competitive.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liton should be ahead of Mithun any day...

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have confidence that Bangladesh will make a good impression here. Hopefully they have learnt from their other Asian neighbors that taking time at the start is essential. Hopefully we see a close contest at least today. My good wishes to Bangladesh..

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I did not go with my family for shopping(important one) and left alone in the house only for the match. Hope our batters will consider my contribution in their mind and play well. Best of like Tigers.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Bro, you donít need to be quite powerful to have your chances against PAK these days - borderline minnows are enough for that.

I hope they can take the game beyond 35 overs - even which can be difficult at times.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is a used pitch. BD need to bat conservatively and get around 270-280. The pitch will grip later on hopefully

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Young brother Liton is not playing?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Young brother Liton is not playing?
    No space for him with Tamim and Soumya opening , he will be back later in the tournament hopefully

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First fifteen overs are crucial for BD. No matter what we should target to play whole 50 overs. Except Fizz all the players can bat so poor run rate in first 15 over with one wicket down is very much acceptable.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Hasan View Post
    Who understand cricket should know that any of the team in this WC can beat any team in their day. So there should'nt be any arrogance to show. But normal sense also tells that team like India are clear favorite against team like Srilanka or Bd. That being said there are 60-40 chance of BD's winning against Pak. And I think that wouldn't be called arrogance.
    I agree, but I was talking about those fans who were talking as if there was no doubt BD was going to win the game. I don't see many cricket games outside of Pakistan so not that up to date, but BD was looking a decent side when I saw them previously against Pakistan. It could be that they are a lot better since then, and today will be interesting to see if that is the case.

SA are a mid level side these days, definitely a notch above Pakistan so today's game should be 50-50.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Could be the best performance from a sub continent in this wc so far. BD is a quality team on its day.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This is a used pitch. BD need to bat conservatively and get around 270-280. The pitch will grip later on hopefully
    That you know, I know as well ... but not sure our players know that or not

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Steyn is not playing. Can S Africa afford to win without Steyn.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what rubbish logic behind SA opting to field again, One it is used pitch hence will assist BD spin attack even more in 2nd inning, secondly if Bangla score even 250 and considering how bad staffers are in chases in wc specially off late why would they do it, and it's not as if BD will gift wickets like Pakistan even on sight of Saf pacers. @MMHS can you explain, Saf may still win but for me batting 1st was always better option here.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Steyn is not playing. Can S Africa afford to win without Steyn.
    They said he should be fit by the 3rd game.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That you know, I know as well ... but not sure our players know that or not
    Depends on the team. If they have good batsmen they will take advantage of that. In the same pitch our players will be bowled out under 150.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    They said he should be fit by the 3rd game.
    S Africa already lost by 100+ runs plus its S Africa's weakest team so they have to play really good to win against other team except SL and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not much movement. Bd should put up a respectable total.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This won't be a high scoring game. Bangladesh need to try and see out the first few overs.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    what rubbish logic behind SA opting to field again, One it is used pitch hence will assist BD spin attack even more in 2nd inning, secondly if Bangla score even 250 and considering how bad staffers are in chases in wc specially off late why would they do it, and it's not as if BD will gift wickets like Pakistan even on sight of Saf pacers. @MMHS can you explain, Saf may still win but for me batting 1st was always better option here.
    I think, they consider batting to be BD's main strength and back themselves to chase down anything set. Also, the WC trend has been like this. I do feel Mash is happy to lose the toss here - it would have been tough call.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    SA probably looking at earlier games where there has been something in the pitch early on, although this pitch doesn't look green like the one SL were put in on yesterday.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a stupid decision bowling first. If BD get to anything over 250 they will win.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Depends on the team. If they have good batsmen they will take advantage of that. In the same pitch our players will be bowled out under 150.
    Actually PAK's weakness in 4-5-6; almost self imposed. Sarfraz is Captain, Hafeez is senior and Haris has scored lot against Aussie reserves, while Malik also is experienced senior. If top 3 doesn't take PAK to 150-3 at least, team will struggle.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    BD batsmen playing very sensibly so far, not taking any risks, just taking singles where available.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great shot that.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that the game is not played at Mirpur?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    What a stupid decision bowling first. If BD get to anything over 250 they will win.
    Faf is an overrated captain. Or atleast very poor at reading pitches. Morgan, in the post match presser, said that the pitch was slow and got slower in the 2nd innings. You would have thought that he would bat first here atleast. Instead he chooses to bowl on the same used which is bound to be even slower.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two short balls, Soumya dispatches to the boundary with authority

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    2 bouncers both hit for 2 fours. Great intent.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SA choke mode is on

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Early signs suggest it's BD who is favorite and Saf who is under pressure, and captain leading from the front.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that the game is not played at Mirpur?
    That's the beauty of hosting a tournament in UK - multiethnic society means every team gets a decent contingent of support.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately S Africa always choke in World Cup. But this year they don't have a good team to win the cup.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Faf is an overrated captain. Or atleast very poor at reading pitches. Morgan, in the post match presser, said that the pitch was slow and got slower in the 2nd innings. You would have thought that he would bat first here atleast. Instead he chooses to bowl on the same used which is bound to be even slower.
    They were almost forced to bowl first with the bowling combination picked.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh 37-0 , solid start so far Vs Rabada and co.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    SAF all over the place at the minute.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They could have and selected shamsi in place of Morris and choose to bowl second, a little too early but I think BD has 2 points in the bag.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They were almost forced to bowl first with the bowling combination picked.
    Yeah ok but it's not just this game. When Pakistan toured SA, he gave Pakistan a chance to bat first on a pitch that started cracking on the offstump line at the end of Day 1. Unnecessarily putting pressure on his own team.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa trying the short ball tactics today

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks like Bangladesh will murder SL and Pakistan team. Both Fakhar and Imam should learn how to play bouncer without getting hit or giving catch practice.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    That's the beauty of hosting a tournament in UK - multiethnic society means every team gets a decent contingent of support.
    That's exactly was my point for hosting cricket in Canada, particularly GTA. PCB should shift it's base partially in Canada, and it'll be instant hit.

Shot of the day by Tamim, hit on the rise.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back to back fours from souyma , run rate well over 6 now. Beautiful shot down the ground

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soumya killing SA pacers so far.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    SA attempts at short bowling have been poor, not really getting the ball to rear up high enough to cause problems apart from one delivery.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SA attempts at short bowling have been poor, not really getting the ball to rear up high enough to cause problems apart from one delivery.
    It's a used pitch. Not a fresh one like the one PAK got. Harder to get that kind of zip here.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ngidi is frustrated throws the ball at stumps and tamim blocks, next ball Tamim sends him to boundary .

Bangladesh 50-0

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a riposte! Such an underrated batsman Tamim is... lovely to watch this!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's a used pitch. Not a fresh one like the one PAK got. Harder to get that kind of zip here.
    Don't think our openers will even survive more than 3 -4 overs.