Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 561 to 640 of 646
  1. #561
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,741
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Mushy lost the game today
    Match ka mujrim

  2. #562
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,958
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    NZ made hard work of that.

    Another cracking game - this is turning out to be the best World Cup since 1999.

  3. #563
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,892
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good spirit from Banglaadesh but they were horrible in the field and did not deserve to win it.

  4. #564
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Burnley/Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,655
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    why aren't slips there? would have stopped the boundary
    Thats wat nearly cost pak the last match. Cant stress enough on the importance of slips

  5. #565
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    42,863
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a knock by Santner under pressure.. always rated him with bat and bowl


    Mein inko rolaonga

  6. #566
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,741
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    So SA and Bangladesh effectively out?
    What?

    Bangladesh have won against SA

    SA aren't out of the tournament yet

  7. #567
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    42,863
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    So SA and Bangladesh effectively out?
    How are they equal?? Saffer at 0/3 while BD are 1/2


    Mein inko rolaonga

  8. #568
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,741
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Batsmen have made 240 look like 340.

    Need to get it together, it's only going to get harder with WI, Pakistan, India, Aus and England.
    Thanks to Kane Williamson

  9. #569
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Match ka Mujrim : Mushfiq, Tamim & Mahmudullah

  10. #570
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Great fight by BD.

    They look like a team who will give every opponent a tough match at this World Cup.



  11. #571
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new zealand has better all rounders then england

  12. #572
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What kind of pitch was that?

    @Markhor should we expect more pitches like this .it will favour asian countries massively

  13. #573
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How are they equal?? Saffer at 0/3 while BD are 1/2
    They need to win 4-5 games out of 7, opponents left are England, Aus, India, WI, SL and Pakistan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  14. #574
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    52,121
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tough luck Bangladesh. You competed well

  15. #575
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,105
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    he is incredibly unlucky.is a good test fast bowler in all conditions, was one of the few who bowled when in india tour.

    nz thinks he does not have variety. southee is the main reason for him not being in the team
    He is much better than Southee now.

  16. #576
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,214
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a game! Nothing but respect for Bangladesh!!

  17. #577
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Thanks to Kane Williamson
    Kane wasn't the only batsmen who picked out a fieldsman with a dumb shot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  18. #578
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,574
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fight by Bangladesh.
    Credit to them.If the chances they missed were taken the Kiwis wouldnt have crossed the line.

  19. #579
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,958
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    What kind of pitch was that?

    @Markhor should we expect more pitches like this .it will favour asian countries massively
    Think we'll continue to see a variety of pitches - we're already seen flat, dry, bouncy and green pitches so far. There have been some venues like Headingley, Durham, Edgbaston and Old Trafford that haven't hosted any matches yet and there'll be fresh pitches there.

  20. #580
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,695
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't care about winning respect

    I want Bangladesh to freaking win matches. These "near misses" won't count.

  21. #581
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Lol if you watched the match you'd know NZ have been extremely lucky.
    you're right. i take that back.

    but i still think many wickets were off innocuous deliveries.

  22. #582
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Think we'll continue to see a variety of pitches - we're already seen flat, dry, bouncy and green pitches so far. There have been some venues like Headingley, Durham, Edgbaston and Old Trafford that haven't hosted any matches yet and there'll be fresh pitches there.
    Interesting i wish we have this kind of pitch against aus or nz .we can defeat them on this kind of pitch .

  23. #583
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bangladesh is a serious threat. not to be taken lightly

  24. #584
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    584
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That run out blunder by mushfiqur cost us the game in the end , with Williamson gone early they would have been able to close out the match but a great game nonetheless agaisnt a team who I think are one of the best in the tournament.

  25. #585
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    What?

    Bangladesh have won against SA

    SA aren't out of the tournament yet
    Effectively are.

    SA need to win basically all their games to qualify, or 5 out of 6 and rely on results/nrrr.

    Bangladesh lost a game they thought they could possibly pick up, they will need to win 4/5 out of 7 against some strong teams (WI, Aus, Eng, India, Pakistan) to be in the mix, they should be favored against SL and Afghanistan. It's unlikely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  26. #586
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    3,608
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    NZ made hard work of that.

    Another cracking game - this is turning out to be the best World Cup since 1999.
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Seems like such an open WC.

    Looking forward to most games each day.

  27. #587
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,351
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky for Bangladesh. They didn't score enough today against a powerful NZ batting line up. The black caps were always ahead of the ball. Pressure on Bangladesh now after losing this one.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  28. #588
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats Kiwis, I donít see them winning against Pakistan, Australia, England, India and West Indies.

  29. #589
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bd were quite unlucky. Well played bd

  30. #590
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    584
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Effectively are.

    SA need to win basically all their games to qualify, or 5 out of 6 and rely on results/nrrr.

    Bangladesh lost a game they thought they could possibly pick up, they will need to win 4/5 out of 7 against some strong teams (WI, Aus, Eng, India, Pakistan) to be in the mix, they should be favored against SL and Afghanistan. It's unlikely.
    We have to beat Pak/WI/SL/Afg and then one from England/Australia/India to go though now. Even 5 wins might be enough if rain comes into play. In which case we don't need to beat one of England/Australia/India

  31. #591
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,958
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Interesting i wish we have this kind of pitch against aus or nz .we can defeat them on this kind of pitch .
    Australia match is down in Taunton and whilst it's probably the smallest ground at this World Cup, it's also the most spin friendly.

  32. #592
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lost it, we are out of the tournament, it's heartbreaking

  33. #593
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Zealand should have won this match by 8 wickets, donít know why they were trying to hard to lose.

  34. #594
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ross Taylor walking off to nick inspite of no review for bd and umpire not giving it out on first appeal .That was great sportsmanship from taylor .Massive respect

  35. #595
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this world cup is way better than last one.
    so happy to see low scoring thrillers, a good total can range anywhere from 240-400

    have to feel for bangladesh, if they won this one, they could have been contenders for the semi final spots.

  36. #596
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    If we can win against Afghanistan on Saturday, we need to win 2 or 3 out of 6 against India, WI, SA, Pakistan, Aus and England to qualify. Numbers are in our favor but if we play like we did today, it's unlikely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  37. #597
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Australia match is down in Taunton and whilst it's probably the smallest ground at this World Cup, it's also the most spin friendly.
    Good to hear

  38. #598
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    We've been fortunate that the tougher games are in the middle and latter stages. A slow start and we could have backs against the walls early.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  39. #599
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    That run out blunder by mushfiqur cost us the game in the end , with Williamson gone early they would have been able to close out the match but a great game nonetheless agaisnt a team who I think are one of the best in the tournament.
    If u go by that logic ,always remeber future is always subjective, if he had runout williamson its not necessary bang could have make rest of nz batters collapse like they did.
    Ofc that blunder can be criticised ,but to say bangla would have won if that runout was done is another thing.

  40. #600
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    New Zealand should have won this match by 8 wickets, donít know why they were trying to hard to lose.
    Pitch is slow, its tough to play spinners.


  41. #601
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    584
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuadomar View Post
    We lost it, we are out of the tournament, it's heartbreaking
    Not out of it yet. Today's match just solidified my belief that there is better things to come from this team. Still more twists and turns left in this World Cup

  42. #602
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    We've been fortunate that the tougher games are in the middle and latter stages. A slow start and we could have backs against the walls early.
    2-0 is always good ,be it minnows or big3 ,really thunk nz has high chance for sf spot

  43. #603
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Pitch is slow, its tough to play spinners.
    Also quit trolling around.

  44. #604
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshu814 View Post
    2-0 is always good ,be it minnows or big3 ,really thunk nz has high chance for sf spot
    If we can get 3-0 against Afghanistan, it certainly makes things easier. From there we only need 2-3 wins out of 6 against the strongest teams.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  45. #605
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    this world cup is way better than last one.
    so happy to see low scoring thrillers, a good total can range anywhere from 240-400

    have to feel for bangladesh, if they won this one, they could have been contenders for the semi final spots.
    The terrible bowling attack that we have we donít deserve to even be considered as a contender.

    Captain bowling at 115 kph his overs are a big burden and Mosaddek has to finish his quota. Pathetic with the bat and shameful with the ball. I really hope England scores 30 of one of his over.

    Saifuddin bowling at 128 kph is our death bowler. Mustafiz hardly can york anyone out. We need quality bowlers like Wahab, Amir or Bumrah. 170 million people and we canít find a 145 kph bowler

  46. #606
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Pitch is slow, its tough to play spinners.
    They got out playing horrible shots, the balls looked ordinary

  47. #607
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    They got out playing horrible shots, the balls looked ordinary
    Yeah so did BD batsman.

  48. #608
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    The terrible bowling attack that we have we donít deserve to even be considered as a contender.

    Captain bowling at 115 kph his overs are a big burden and Mosaddek has to finish his quota. Pathetic with the bat and shameful with the ball. I really hope England scores 30 of one of his over.

    Saifuddin bowling at 128 kph is our death bowler. Mustafiz hardly can york anyone out. We need quality bowlers like Wahab, Amir or Bumrah. 170 million people and we canít find a 145 kph bowler
    No we dont need bowlers who gives way 350 runs 80% of the time like England. also it took Indi all these years to find Bumrah and they have 1 billion.

  49. #609
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    The terrible bowling attack that we have we don’t deserve to even be considered as a contender.

    Captain bowling at 115 kph his overs are a big burden and Mosaddek has to finish his quota. Pathetic with the bat and shameful with the ball. I really hope England scores 30 of one of his over.

    Saifuddin bowling at 128 kph is our death bowler. Mustafiz hardly can york anyone out. We need quality bowlers like Wahab, Amir or Bumrah. 170 million people and we can’t find a 145 kph bowler
    mashrafe has been in bad form, he has been the weak link in the past few matches. mosaddek is a batsman, who has a fc average of 70 who bowls a bit, don't know why he is being made into an all rounder

    mustafiz is still quality in the death overs
    and what happend to taskin ahmed? he was supposed to be the next big bowler after mustafizz

    regarding the batting, liton das and sabbir rahman are way better than mithun, why aren't they playing?

  50. #610
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    mashrafe has been in bad form, he has been the weak link in the past few matches. mosaddek is a batsman, who has a fc average of 70 who bowls a bit, don't know why he is being made into an all rounder

    mustafiz is still quality in the death overs
    and what happend to taskin ahmed? he was supposed to be the next big bowler after mustafizz

    regarding the batting, liton das and sabbir rahman are way better than mithun, why aren't they playing?
    Taskin after remodelling his action bowls like Mamta Kulkarni so he is only suitable for the role of water boy or a cheer leader.

    Yes Liton should be opening with Soumya and Tamim needs to be dropped. I would play Sabbir for Mithun and replace Mortaza with Rubel. Make Miraz the Captain. Mashrafee is a MP now so he should just retire today, he doesnít look like a cricketer from any angle nowadays

  51. #611
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,553
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Bangladesh made a match out of 244 runs. And might even have won it if it weren't for Mushfiqur. Bangladesh truly are the most exciting side in world cricket right now.

  52. #612
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    No we dont need bowlers who gives way 350 runs 80% of the time like England. also it took Indi all these years to find Bumrah and they have 1 billion.
    Check Wahabís average in World Cup matches. Jamodis doesnít matter, he is a big game player. Yes they before Bumrah they had Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma who could clock 145 kph. Who did we find? Mashrafe 115 kph Kaaaptan

  53. #613
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,905
    Mentioned
    2360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Kiwis and our Boys as well to make it really an entertaining game, though can't say about the quality of cricket here. Players after 10-12-15 years career are committing several silly mistakes (both sides, Kiwis were lucky to get away with), which shouldn't be the case in WC games. This win could have really put BD into a serious SF contender, as it was a 4 pointer, but now boys will have to do it the tougher way - win against PAK, SRL, WIN & AFGs, and try to sneak in one of the other 3 games. Kiwis had relatively 2 soft games to start with, but they need to finish it better.

    @Chokli - no, Kiwis would have won by 8 wickets with a target of 210 and I would have said at least 50 short. These days below 250 targets are near impossible to defend.
    Last edited by MMHS; 6th June 2019 at 02:18.

  54. #614
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good game by Bangladesh. Losing so narrowly against a top form NeeZealand is alright. I am backing them to be in SF.

  55. #615
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Wow Bangladesh made a match out of 244 runs. And might even have won it if it weren't for Mushfiqur. Bangladesh truly are the most exciting side in world cricket right now.
    Indeed.
    Fan like you deserve this kind of defeat .

  56. #616
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,553
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reiterate that Liton needs to be playing on these pitches. He is a proper flat track bully. Yes, he might get out early but he never wastes balls. If he gets going he will score big at an excellent strike-rate.

    I know Shakib is doing just fine at number 3 but he can be even more devastating coming in at 5/6 and really take the game away from the opposition in the death overs. Liton should be batting at 3 if not opening.

  57. #617
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    Check Wahabís average in World Cup matches. Jamodis doesnít matter, he is a big game player. Yes they before Bumrah they had Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma who could clock 145 kph. Who did we find? Mashrafe 115 kph Kaaaptan
    Zaheer Ishant none of them were 145k bowler. Also Wahab is a pretty mediocre bowlers himself.

    BD bowling is bad no doubt but you dont have to be 145k bowler to be effective. Boult is a 140k bowler and he is 100x better than Wahab.

  58. #618
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Wow Bangladesh made a match out of 244 runs. And might even have won it if it weren't for Mushfiqur. Bangladesh truly are the most exciting side in world cricket right now.
    Its win or loss that matter. We dont need your level of trolling at this time.

  59. #619
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,184
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Good game by Bangladesh. Losing so narrowly against a top form NeeZealand is alright. I am backing them to be in SF.
    So that you can have an easy semi final

    No thanks we will go out with dignity

  60. #620
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshu814 View Post
    If u go by that logic ,always remeber future is always subjective, if he had runout williamson its not necessary bang could have make rest of nz batters collapse like they did.
    Ofc that blunder can be criticised ,but to say bangla would have won if that runout was done is another thing.
    If Kane was out early, Latham would have accumulated and taken his time instead of hitting a long hop straight to a fielder.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  61. #621
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    If Kane was out early, Latham would have accumulated and taken his time instead of hitting a long hop straight to a fielder.
    At 60-3, followed by 100-4 I wouldve backed BD to win the game. Remember BD was also 150-3, you could say if they didnt rush couldve put 275Ish target at least but such wasnt the reality.

  62. #622
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for new zealand, southee should come in for neesham. no.8 is way to late for santner anyway. southee is a much better prospect at no.8

    this way they will have the best fast bowling attack in the world, with 4 high quality seamers along with a santner. de grandhomme bowls if any of the seamers have a bad day. although, the de grandhomme has to improve his form with the bat

  63. #623
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    So that you can have an easy semi final

    No thanks we will go out with dignity
    Well, SFs won't be easy irrespective of whoever gets there. No chance of a fluke semifinalist this time.

  64. #624
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    At 60-3, followed by 100-4 I wouldve backed BD to win the game. Remember BD was also 150-3, you could say if they didnt rush couldve put 275Ish target at least but such wasnt the reality.
    Latham and Taylor have rebuilt in worse positions against better teams.

    Kane and Latham trying to finish the game quickly for NRR brought about the comeback.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  65. #625
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    for new zealand, southee should come in for neesham. no.8 is way to late for santner anyway. southee is a much better prospect at no.8

    this way they will have the best fast bowling attack in the world, with 4 high quality seamers along with a santner. de grandhomme bowls if any of the seamers have a bad day. although, the de grandhomme has to improve his form with the bat
    Neesham is a solid batsmen, he looked composed out there outside one bad shot. If anyone should be dropped it's CdG who looked like a headless chicken out there and was fortunate not to be twice early on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  66. #626
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Classy Ross Taylor carries New Zealand once more

    Ross Taylor became the third New Zealander after Brendon McCullum and Daniel Vettori to play 400 internationals across all formats and celebrated with a match-winning 82 in a nail-biter at The Oval.

    New Zealand’s two-wicket victory with 17 balls completed a see-sawing encounter that was the closest game of the tournament so far.

    But the outcome could have been all so different had Bangladesh wicket-keeper Mushfiqur Rahim successfully run out Kane Williamson rather than knocking the bails off with his elbow as he gathered Tamim Iqbal’s throw from mid-on with the Black Caps skipper well short of the crease.

    That would have left New Zealand 61/3 in the 12th over with one of the world’s great batsmen back in the pavilion.

    And it would have left Taylor, who called his captain for the run despite Williamson’s obvious reticence, with a hefty responsibility to rescue a tricky situation.

    Instead, Williamson survived to share in a vital 105-run stand with Taylor, the 13th time this pair of world-class performers have put up three figures together.

    The Black Caps still required the calm head of Mitchell Santner to see them over the line but without Taylor’s contribution they might never have made it.

    Of Taylor’s 400 internationals for the Black Caps, Williamson has been in the same line-up 214 times but even though they must know each other’s games inside out, they have still been involved in seven run-outs in Tests and ODIs.

    There was further drama in the running between wickets department at the end of the 34th over when Jimmy Neesham, on nought, got in by a fraction after a direct hit from square leg while Taylor scampered to the non-striker’s end.

    In a team so routinely under-estimated, Williamson is the highest profile batsman leaving Taylor to fly even more unjustifiably under the radar.

    Since the last ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2015, Taylor, who underwent surgery to remove a growth on his left eye in late 2016, has scored 2,974 runs at an average of 70 – only Virat Kohli, with 77, averages more.

    His strike-rate of 87 is lower than the world’s other leading batsmen over the past four years but the requirement against Bangladesh was for calmness and experience, of which Taylor, in his fourth World Cup, has plenty.

    He also likes this opposition and this venue. In his previous ODI innings against Bangladesh at Dunedin in February he made an unbeaten 69 and followed that up with his third Test double hundred at Wellington. In the course of his knock at The Oval, he passed 1,000 ODI runs against Bangladesh.

    His previous two innings at The Oval had been 71 against India in a World Cup warm-up match and 64 for Middlesex against their cross-London rivals Surrey in England’s 50-over domestic competition.

    That spell playing for Middlesex proved successful for Taylor, who tuned up nicely in English conditions, and for the county, who reached the knock-out stages of the one-day competition for the first time in a decade.

    The partnership between Taylor and Williamson was the only time in the match that The Oval crowd – a sea of Bangladesh red and green – fell silent.

    ‘Tigers Roar’ read one of the banners in the crowd and it was not wrong. The Oval was a sea of red and green, a packed house whose passion and decibel levels would not have been out of place in Dhaka or Chittagong.

    Apart from a supporter dressed as a Kiwi, New Zealand support was hard to find. A lone cry of ‘Ki-wi, Ki-wi’ tried vainly to compete with the full-throated chants of ‘Bangladesh, Bangladesh’.

    There cannot have been a stuffed tiger left in the toy shops of London – they were all at The Oval in the arms of Bangladesh fans either being held aloft in celebration or grabbed tight in hope.

    Every run and New Zealand wicket was greeted with a wave of noise that could be heard well beyond the confines of Kennington.

    Likewise, on the odd occasion that Shakib came to field on the boundary’s edge, the crowd rose as one to salute their hero.

    But sadly for Shakib, and his fans, his 200th one-day international ended in glorious but heart-breaking defeat.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #627
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Latham and Taylor have rebuilt in worse positions against better teams.

    Kane and Latham trying to finish the game quickly for NRR brought about the comeback.
    Right at the end of day 244 was never going to be enough. WC pressure, trying for NRR, you name it made the game closer than it shouod been.However, really two good yorkers in from Saifuddin and NZ wouldve lost. The game had 1% chance for BD to win. So it was a great comeback nonetheless.

    Lockie is best 3rd pacer in world now.

  68. #628
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,421
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    If Kane was out early, Latham would have accumulated and taken his time instead of hitting a long hop straight to a fielder.
    We'll never know more we'll we

  69. #629
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People underestimating Saifuddin. He won the game against RSA. Today scored some vital runs to even take BD to semi decent total.

    He was just two good yorkers away from winning the game for BD again.

  70. #630
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,881
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A bit too close for comfort but good on Santner for showing nerves of steel.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  71. #631
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    43,958
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    A bit too close for comfort but good on Santner for showing nerves of steel.
    How bad was Colin...

    Plays an awful miss timed shot which loops in between fielders, french cut for 4 which is inches away from the stumps and then gives Rahim catching practice.

    If this is how he's played under this amount of pressure, what is he going to do later on in the tournament? The teams are only going to get tougher from here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  72. #632
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    5,214
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We can rave about how Bangladesh have come in leaps and bounds since the last WC, however I would be gutted if I was one of their fans because 2 years ago they managed to beat the same opposition in the same host country of the last ICC Competition, but this time round they failed.

    One thing I will say, they need to discard Tamim from their ODI side after this WC because he's always been far too selfish. Technically very sound, so I find it hard to take for such a talented batsman opting to play such a sluggish brand of cricket.
    Last edited by The Viper; 6th June 2019 at 05:14.

  73. #633
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wao. I went to sleep with NZ at 155/2. BD made it so close! That Run out will haunted us badly. Next game is against POMS. The line up they have I won't back us with our Mash is in horrible form.

  74. #634
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,198
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the likes of West Indies and Pakistan are not going to take Bangladesh light in the latter stages of this tournament. They have played exceptionally well and deserve all the praise they get. But Bangladeshi fans thinking either West Indies or Pakistan is 2 points guaranteed are in for a rude awakening.

  75. #635
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without Lockie Ferguson, I am convinced we can best NZ at least 70% of the time outside NZ conditions. He really makes a huge difference for to their team.

  76. #636
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    People underestimating Saifuddin. He won the game against RSA. Today scored some vital runs to even take BD to semi decent total.

    He was just two good yorkers away from winning the game for BD again.
    I am becoming a fan of him. He batted magnificently. He has very good Yorkers, a rare commodity in world cricket now , decent dlower deliveries. If he can up his speed he can be a match winning all rounder like our Shakib. He is a talented prospect as an all rounder to look out for the future.

  77. #637
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Yeah the likes of West Indies and Pakistan are not going to take Bangladesh light in the latter stages of this tournament. They have played exceptionally well and deserve all the praise they get. But Bangladeshi fans thinking either West Indies or Pakistan is 2 points guaranteed are in for a rude awakening.

    No we don't take is as guaranteed. Please don't think our fans so idiot and nonsense. We are not that strong team like India who can think of demolishion . We have some weaknesses . WI, Pakistan and BD's strength are at par or neck to neck. Any team can win against others given that who plays well on that particular day.

  78. #638
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    I am becoming a fan of him. He batted magnificently. He has very good Yorkers, a rare commodity in world cricket now , decent dlower deliveries. If he can up his speed he can be a match winning all rounder like our Shakib. He is a talented prospect as an all rounder to look out for the future.
    His average now drops below 40. Bowling average of 35 and batting 30 would be excellent as bowling all rounder.

  79. #639
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Because we're stuck in 90s mindset that pace is pace yaar so haven't bothered grooming proper spinners.
    Saqlain was your main strike bowler in late 90s and early 2000s. Pakistan always produced world class spinners. They haven't any in the team now . But I believe they have better spinners left in the country. Yes, they failed to nurture any. Shadab isn't that bad, but he should decrease bowling 1-2 freebies per over to go to next level. Pakistan badly missing another quality spinner at the other end to support Shadab.if they had, their bowling would have been a headache for the opposition

  80. #640
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,375
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is effectively playing with 10 men as Mashrafe is useless with both bat and ball. So given these things its not too bad overall.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •