Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of 2019 World Cup, to be replaced by Rishabh Pant [Update Post #189]

Shikhar Dhawan has been ruled out of the 2019 Cricket World Cup for 3 weeks with a fractured thumb. He had been hit on his left thumb during India’s match against defending champions Australia at The Oval on Sunday.

Dhawan had sustained the injury on Sunday but went on to score a match-winning 117 against Australia. He had gone for a scan on Monday and the report reveals he has a fracture.

Shikhar Dhawan will therefore, not be able to play India’s upcoming matches against New Zealand, Pakistan, Afghanistan, West Indies and England - all these matches are scheduled to be played in June.

Shikhar Dhawan is a key player for India in ICC tournaments where he has 6 hundreds. In the 2015 World Cup, Dhawan had scored 2 hundreds.

In 2019, after a poor start against South Africa, Dhawan smashed 117 to set up a 36-run win for India.

Shikhar Dhawan was named man-of-the-match for his sterling innings and his injury is a huge blow to India who are hot favourites to win the World Cup this year.

In this scenario, KL Rahul is most likely to open with Rohit Sharma with Dinesh Karthik or Vijay Shankar likely to slot in the middle order.

According to sources, Shikhar Dhawan’s possible replacement in England could either be Shreyas Iyer or Rishabh Pant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...511-2019-06-11
    Last edited by shaaik; 11th June 2019 at 14:02.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For 3 weeks.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a fractured thumb he still went on to score a century.
    What a beast

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope They select Rayudu for replacement.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big blow.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India were total dependent on their top 3. India's chances are 33% lower now.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Till july 1st, so he will miss next 5 group games. Will be available for last 2 against BDesh and Srilanka and knockouts (if we qualify)

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So who is opener KL rahul? And who bats middle DK?

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul should open with Rohit and Vijay Shankar should play at 4.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    So who is opener KL rahul? And who bats middle DK?
    Kl will open for sure.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big blow for India

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Till july 1st, so he will miss next 5 group games. Will be available for last 2 against BDesh and Srilanka and knockouts (if we qualify)
    Shouldn't take the risk and just bring Rishab Pant in.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all over for india

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    is he dropped from the squad...? if yes I'd like to see one of Ishant/Sainy replacing him..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    who is vijay shankar?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should bring in Pant immediately.

Rahul
    Rohit
    Kohli
    Pant
    Dhoni
    Jadhav
    Pandya

Now that's some middle order...

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DK would play only when Dhoni is unfit. KL would probably open. Given the IPL form, Rishabh Pant would most likely be the replacement in the 15.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next expected.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they have any sense they would bring in Mayank Agarwal for the opening spot and wouldn't mess too much with the winning combination.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    is he dropped from the squad...? if yes I'd like to see one of Ishant/Sainy replacing him..
    Lol, replacing a top order batsman with a quick bowler? You have surpassed even us pakistanis, so well done.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Babar azam suffered a similar injury we’d be thinking of packing up and going home. India lose dhawan and they already have a couple of tried and tested replacements almost as good. Such is the benefit of having depth in a squad. This is where we really miss a trick ie not enough development of our reserves and we become wholly reliant on a couple of key players and if they are off colour there’s nobody to fall back on.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    If they have any sense they would bring in Mayank Agarwal for the opening spot and wouldn't mess too much with the winning combination.
    Agree! KL is just settling in with #4 spot and no point in sending him to open again.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big blow for india, one of my favourite indian players, lets hope india qualify for semis and shikar can return to the team.
    However, from a pak point of view , i hope it doesnt rain on sunday now!
    Lets get it on!
    No excuses will be accepted from indian fans if they lose, about shikar not playing!
    On the otherhand, we have a tendancy to create new superstars for teams and i am a bit worried about that kl rahul guy, who looked good against aussies, even if it was a brief appearance

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge blow for us, it seems that KL Rahul will open the innings and Dinesh kartik / Vijay Shankar will come at number 4. This will severely affect teams batting combination.

"I can't recall beating him more than one ball in a row" - Jason Gillespie

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Big blow for india, one of my favourite indian players, lets hope india qualify for semis and shikar can return to the team.
    Lets get it on!
    No excuses will be accepted from indian fans if they lose, about shikar not playing!
    On the otherhand, we have a tendancy to create new superstars for teams and i am a bit worried about that kl rahul guy, who looked good against aussies, even if it was a brief appearance
    Hope you forgot that India won 2 games against Pak in Asia cup without Kohli. We don't rely on a certain individual's performance. Chill!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring in Pant.

Rahul is not going too do a lot special at 4 than what he can do when opens.

Sharmaji ka ladka
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Dhoni
    Jadhav/Vijay Shankar
    Pant
    Pandya

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pant or any other player replacing Dhawan(if replaced) won't be in the playing XI. Mangement and Kohli will probably trust the players that they have already been picked, and see them as a better bet compared to Pant & others

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge blow for India, Dhawan has been their best batsman in ICC tournaments by far.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow.

Good news for PAK bowlers - must've taken a huge sigh of relief.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Hope you forgot that India won 2 games against Pak in Asia cup without Kohli. We don't rely on a certain individual's performance. Chill!
    Very true!
    But to be honest and i am not making any excuses, uae is not suitable for our type of white ball cricket. England is probably, the best place for us to play odis, due to our pace attack and batting style,even better than playing in pakistan!

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    South Korea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a sad news. Dhawan is my favorite opening batsman. Please bring in Pant as a compensation for the fans.

Serious Sport has nothing to do with fair play... it is war minus the shooting.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a huge blow. Rohit too will be under pressure now. KL Rahul will not get a better chance than this. Karthik will add stability to the middle order. Id bring him in place of Shikhar. Then drop Jadhav. Bring in Vijay Shankar. Id consider dropping Kuldeep for Jadeja IF there are still doubts about the batting.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the sensible thing to do with the available squad. But knowing KL's mental struggle against this juggling of positions up and down, not sure how he'd perform again as an opener now cuz he's just settling in with the #4 spot. But having Shankar in the squad will also give us an extra bowling option and he's a fantastic fielder too.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reports coming in that either Pant or Iyer will replace Dhawan. Not bad options at all. Both of them will strengthen the middle order.

But I think India will play Shankar for the New Zealand match considering also that he performed well in New Zealand few months back.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqeelPK View Post
    What a sad news. Dhawan is my favorite opening batsman. Please bring in Pant as a compensation for the fans.
    Im sad for shikar as hes a great player, especially in icc events and comes across as a real good guy in interviews.
    But as a pak fan, I AM PUMPED!
    hope it doesnt rain and i hope kl rahul doesnt become a superstar in this game!

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Reports coming in that either Pant or Iyer will replace Dhawan. Not bad options at all. Both of them will strengthen the middle order.

But I think India will play Shankar for the New Zealand match considering also that he performed well in New Zealand few months back.
    Pant being a left hander may get preference but where will he bat?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post

Source of the Reports?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Rishab Pant please...

India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets get it on!
    We should really stop making such overconfident claims before we play against them. In last encounter we were saying the saying the same thing about No excuse of kohli not playing and then they proceeded to absolutely thrash us twice. From my experience, the lower the expectation we have from our team, the better the chances of them winning. So please, no more of such comments!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thankfully IPL is not cursed! OR he might have strengthened his thumb (and all other organs) sitting out of IPL I agree with you though, Rahul can open and Vijay can be included to strengthen the bowling also (Maybe Jadeja also can replace Kuldeep for Asian Matches if Kuldeep continues to remain ineffective! That way it can strengthen the batting!)

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. Even Shaw will do.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Source of the Reports?
    India Today.. https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...525-2019-06-11

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL is a very good replacement at the top. Rahane, Pant or Karthik should be able to do a decent job in the middle.

So not that big of a loss. India can ill-afford an injury to any of its bowlers, but they have way more batting depth to compensate for such a hitch

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think Indian management will take the risk of including untested openers (in LOIs) for a WC event! Shaw or Agarwal should have played at least 1 proper LOI series... WC is very competitive and we have seen how 300+ scores & keeping wickets in hands + controlled aggression is required! It is tough to replace such seasoned players like Dhawan/Rohit... That too in the mid of the tournament it is really difficult, if the injury happened well before the WC then the management would have planned differently!

So Rahul is the best guy in this scenario, and this is once in life opportunity for Rahul and will make or break him perhaps! But lets also hope Dhawan gets back soon (In another report I saw that he may miss 2 or 3 matches at the most!)
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 11th June 2019 at 14:43.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib88 View Post
    We should really stop making such overconfident claims before we play against them. In last encounter we were saying the saying the same thing about No excuse of kohli not playing and then they proceeded to absolutely thrash us twice. From my experience, the lower the expectation we have from our team, the better the chances of them winning. So please, no more of such comments!
    Bro, how can my comments influence a games result? This is just silly superstition.
    I never said we WILL win but i believe our chances have improved when a player of shikar quality can not play.

At the end of the day, its just a game, i be very happy if we win and very sad if we lose, but it doesnt really matter in the scope of life!
    So chill and enjoy(hopefully)!

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO KL Rahul to open & Karthik in the middle order at 4.

1. Rohit
    2. Rahul
    3. Kohli
    4. Karthik
    5. Dhoni
    6. Hardik
    7. Kedar

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Select pant ,play him as opener . News coming from some news channel team management want Pant / Iyer to replace Dhawan.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Dhawan is ruled out of the WC then it has to be Rishabh Pant. He is extremely exciting to watch & so unlucky to miss out on selection.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    I don't think Indian management will take the risk of including untested openers (in LOIs) for a WC event! Shaw or Agarwal should have played at least 1 proper LOI series... WC is very competitive and we have seen how 300+ scores & keeping wickets in hands + controlled aggression is required! It is tough to replace such seasoned players like Dhawan/Rohit... That too in the mid of the tournament it is really difficult, if the injury happened well before the WC then the management would have planned differently!

So Rahul is the best guy in this scenario, and this is once in life opportunity for Rahul and will make or break him perhaps! But lets also hope Dhawan gets back soon (In another report I saw that he may miss 2 or 3 matches at the most!)
    Yeah, it was criminal of Kohli not to play Shaw/Mayank even in a single ODI before WC! I mean Sir Rayudu was given chances after chances but not these 2!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    Bring back Rishab Pant please...
    I don't think they will include him when DK is already there... Pant will occupy the Indian team permanently when Dhoni phase out completely (Just like what happened in test squad!) DK is the culprit here, otherwise the management & players would be happy with Pant acting as at least substitute/subordinate for Dhoni in the squad, he is too good for that role! DK should justify his selection (should give the confidence to get picked in the playing XI & contribute after that!) I think DK and all other older WK prospects (Saha, Partiv, etc) will phase out along with Dhoni and Pant will have only younger competitors to deal with (Good for the team)
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 11th June 2019 at 14:50.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami92 View Post
    IMO KL Rahul to open & Karthik in the middle order at 4.

1. Rohit
    2. Rahul
    3. Kohli
    4. Karthik
    5. Dhoni
    6. Hardik
    7. Kedar
    That is one yawn inspiring team

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli should open imo.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami92 View Post
    If Dhawan is ruled out of the WC then it has to be Rishabh Pant. He is extremely exciting to watch & so unlucky to miss out on selection.
    Is shikar ruled out of the wc or just for 3 weeks?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    KL is a very good replacement at the top. Rahane, Pant or Karthik should be able to do a decent job in the middle.

So not that big of a loss. India can ill-afford an injury to any of its bowlers, but they have way more batting depth to compensate for such a hitch
    Rahane? Seriously? He's a tested failure in the middle order and after trying so many options, India has finally settled with KL at #4. Come on! It's not as easy as you're making it out to be. It's, of course, a big loss but Rahane should never be in the contention.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rayudu is the replacement, then i would wish all India matches to be a washout

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6054 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Dhawan is incredible and this is a huge blow for India, but KL Rahul has looked in very good touch. This could be be the breakthrough that he needs in ODI cricket.

India should bring in Shankar instead of DK. Shankar has character and provides an additional bowling option.

DK is the poster boy of mediocrity and it is a miracle that someone so average has survived in the golden era of Indian cricket for about 15 years.

He should have never been picked in the squad ahead of Pant.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Dhawan is incredible and this is a huge blow for India, but KL Rahul has looked in very good touch. This could be be the breakthrough that he needs in ODI cricket.

India should bring in Shankar instead of DK. Shankar has character and provides an additional bowling option.

DK is the poster boy of mediocrity and it is a miracle that someone so average has survived in the golden era of Indian cricket for about 15 years.

He should have never been picked in the squad ahead of Pant.
    Agree regarding DK. Its astonishing to us as well to see DK surviving till today! Shankar will be a big upgrade over him.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big blow for India.

I quite like Rahul at 4 though.

Maybe bring Pant now and let him do his thing in first 15 overs

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Yeah, it was criminal of Kohli not to play Shaw/Mayank even in a single ODI before WC! I mean Sir Rayudu was given chances after chances but not these 2!
    The management was too confused... I think they trusted Rayudu for No.4 (and DK as the substitute) for too long (both duds it turned out eventually and we knew it before!) Then they saw only Rahul as the substitute opener in case of emergency (as it happened now!) knowing very well that he was not settled in the team! If he was to bat at No.4, then they should have given clear message to him (+ confidence, not just instruction) that he is capable of handling No.4 (also I think he should have got demoted to No.4 or No.5 even in tests when he was struggling!) Mayank and Shaw should have got tested for the opening spot (in all formats)! I am sure one of them would have made it... Similarly one of Pant or Iyer would have made the middle order! Our management wasted all these opportunities, and I suspect there was something beyond cricketing intelligence behind all these mess!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Big blow for India.

I quite like Rahul at 4 though.

Maybe bring Pant now and let him do his thing in first 15 overs
    We have seen that this WC is not about blasting all guns in 15 overs and getting out! WI lost the game in this way!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Kohli should open imo.
    RCB's fate will hit the Indian Team! A BIG NO... Please!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    If Rayudu is the replacement, then i would wish all India matches to be a washout
    3D comment may have negative rapport with the management! Thank God he made that comment!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have a histroy of being generous and resurecting careers. Would not surprise me if that happens to Rahul

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We have invested a lot in KL Rahul. Now is the time for him to start delivering for India. Indian team management didn't even give any chance to Mayank when KL was out of form during west indies series. So not sure how he will get a chance now.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    we have a histroy of being generous and resurecting careers. Would not surprise me if that happens to Rahul
    We also have the same history. Imam is really going to have a bright future after this match.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3D comment may have negative rapport with the management! Thank God he made that comment!
    The 3D glasses comment was not a visionary comment(pun intended)!

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Huge blow for India as he just got back to form

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    RCB's fate will hit the Indian Team! A BIG NO... Please!
    Why?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit
    Rahul
    King *
    Dhoni
    Karthik / Pant
    Jadhav
    Pandya

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Huge blow for India as he just got back to form
    And its not that he'll hit form immediately after he comes back.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And people were casting aspersions on him for not taking field when we were fielding.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people on Twitter are stating that India's chances to win the WC has reduced 33% after Dhawan's injury. Wonder who does these analytics to arrive at this number.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people on Twitter are stating that India's chances to win the WC has reduced 33% after Dhawan's injury. Wonder who does these analytics to arrive at this number.
    You have the indian top 3 batsmen as the main guys who win india games.
    You lose one of them, then your chances drop by a third i.e. 33%.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have the indian top 3 batsmen as the main guys who win india games.
    You lose one of them, then your chances drop by a third i.e. 33%.
    No, it's not just the Top 3. Bumrah + Bhuvi + KulCha + Pandya are as important too. That's a flawed calculation.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If they replace an injured player (Dhawan), they cant bring him back without another player getting injured. If management is confident that hell be back in 3 weeks and they will ant him in later stages, then theyll have to manage with 14 players and carry Dhawan as squad member. Big blow, no doubt.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If they replace an injured player (Dhawan), they can’t bring him back without another player getting injured. If management is confident that he’ll be back in 3 weeks and they will ant him in later stages, then they’ll have to manage with 14 players and carry Dhawan as squad member. Big blow, no doubt.
    I don't think he is coming back. He'll have to prove his fitness again to be a part of the squad.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If they replace an injured player (Dhawan), they can’t bring him back without another player getting injured. If management is confident that he’ll be back in 3 weeks and they will ant him in later stages, then they’ll have to manage with 14 players and carry Dhawan as squad member. Big blow, no doubt.
    We will ask Bumrah to target DK's toes in the nets

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lol, replacing a top order batsman with a quick bowler? You have surpassed even us pakistanis, so well done.
    KL Rahul too is an opener.. and if Dhawan is replaced with a batsman it mostly Pant who's a lower order batsman... India short of a pace bowler.. And India have reserve batsman in the squad..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be sensible to open with Kohli and let him play 50 overs at the crease