Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Another team who blow team friction out of all proportion and make big crisis to overshadow their shortcomings
    Although they did really miss shekhar Dhawan
    Pretty much the same team that was in England give or take one or two batsman

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Why do you think he keeps grandpa around, he's learnt from on of the best at how to grab power and keep it whichever way you can. Sad days to see after ganguly clearing this nonsense.
    Yeah, the most important thing to learn from someone who is so adept at it.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    When kohli wasn't giving chances to rahul there were a section of fans who said kohli feared rahul as he is way more talented than him.
    And now all of a sudden kl rahul is kohlis pal. LOL.
    Lol, at least check your facts. And BTW, that was FC being FC!

That Rahul wasn't tried and failed for umpteenth times. He has now been an abject failure on,

1) SA tour,
    2) England tour,
    3) Australia tour,
    4) WC

On what basis this clown keeps getting selected?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing squads overall.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Lol, at least check your facts. And BTW, that was FC being FC!

That Rahul wasn't tried and failed for umpteenth times. He has now been an abject failure on,

1) SA tour,
    2) England tour,
    3) Australia tour,
    4) WC

On what basis this clown keeps getting selected?
    Not only FC but even @sensible-indian-fan and many other posters believed in that theory.
    Rahul didn't play the first test in Sa and posters blamed kohli for not selecting him, he picked rahul in next two tests and bam he failed.
    I am not defending his selection but friendship with kohli has got nothing to do with his selection.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Not only FC but even @sensible-indian-fan and many other posters believed in that theory.
    Rahul didn't play the first test in Sa and posters blamed kohli for not selecting him, he picked rahul in next two tests and bam he failed.
    I am not defending his selection but friendship with kohli has got nothing to do with his selection.
    Yeah, some people might have been blinded by his 'talent' at that moment but 2 years later every sane person would have now got this drilled in their heads that this guy is as good for international cricket as perhaps MSK himself was.

It's a joke that a genuinely talented batsman like Babar and the one with excellent work ethic is spoken of in the same sentence as this guy.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top 3 will score centuries or fifties rest will chip in, what's the point ?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul has been picked because Shaw is injured and obviously that makes KL the 3rd choice opener. Unless of course, some posters would prefer Dhawan in his place, I don't see the big deal about it.

It's very obvious what the pecking order for test openers is now:

1. Agarwal
    2. Shaw
    3. Rahul

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, of course there is no big deal in someone miserably failing in 3/3 tours he did in last 2 years!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Shaw is not injured. He will get his chance 3 months before 2023 worldcup. Then if he and Gill fail again, they can go back to Rayadu or Shankar or Pandey.

Shaw is injured.

Both Bumrah and Pandya have been rested.

Pandya apparently has a back and a groin issue.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak619 View Post
    KL Rahul has been picked because Shaw is injured and obviously that makes KL the 3rd choice opener. Unless of course, some posters would prefer Dhawan in his place, I don't see the big deal about it.

It's very obvious what the pecking order for test openers is now:

1. Agarwal
    2. Shaw
    3. Rahul
    Who decides that pecking order and on what criteria? Surely it is not on performance as he has been pathetic in last two years. Forget Shaw, Gill, Agarwal, even the performance of Priyank Panchal, Abhimanyu Easwaran are better than Rahul both of whom have consistently scored runs in testing scenarios in first class matches.

If all that does not matter, then what is the criteria? Is it that Rahul being managed by Bunty Sajdeh is a factor?

Feel like we are back to 80s and early 90s in terms of lobby and mafia.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Is it that Rahul being managed by Bunty Sajdeh is a factor?
    This. This is the most important factor in clowns like Rohit getting selected for test cricket, Rahul getting selected in all 3 teams. Also, isn't Kohli himself is being managed by Rohit's brother in law?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    These stupid electors will never change
    What did I tell you? Those fans who wanted India to lose badly in the world cup just to see some fresh faces in the team must be pulling their hair again.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This. This is the most important factor in clowns like Rohit getting selected for test cricket, Rahul getting selected in all 3 teams. Also, isn't Kohli himself is being managed by Rohit's brother in law?
    Yes Mrs Rohit Sharma’s cousin brother is an agent for Kohli.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/spo...w/57503836.cms

Some press reports refer to him as ‘Bunty Sajdeh’ and others as ‘Bunty Sachdeva’ but it sounds like it’s the same guy.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/amp/...et-through-me’

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    How has Rahul made the test squad again?

His recent test history....

Failed in his last series in Australia (averaged 11), failed in the series before that vs WIs at home (averaged 18), in the series before that he averaged 30 vs England, did okay in the one off test vs Afghanistan, before that he failed vs SA, prior to that he averaged 29 vs SL.

The last time he had a good test series was 2 years ago vs SL.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ng;view=series
    He is in the team because of that useless 100 in a dead rubber test against England which we eventually lost in the end. Its the same match where Rishabh Pant also scored a useless century and his fans never forget to remind that inning of his to everyone.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He is in the team because of that useless 100 in a dead rubber test against England which we eventually lost in the end. Its the same match where Rishabh Pant also scored a useless century and his fans never forget to remind that inning of his to everyone.
    Pant also scored a wonder century in Australia. He needs more exposure at Test level.

When what the last time Dhoni scored a century in an away Test? Yet he played Test Cricket for more than a decade.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Pant also scored a wonder century in Australia. He needs more exposure at Test level.

When what the last time Dhoni scored a century in an away Test? Yet he played Test Cricket for more than a decade.
    Not sure why do you have to bring in Dhoni whenever we discuss Pant here? I can use the same logic and say Pant can never become half the player Dhoni was in ODI's.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why do you have to bring in Dhoni whenever we discuss Pant here? I can use the same logic and say Pant can never become half the player Dhoni was in ODI's.
    Actually you can't use that logic, his argument is based on actual facts. Dhoni's only century outside india came in 2006, he has no centuries outside subcontinent in test matches. On the other hand yours is based on hate for a player unless you can see future, if that is the case can I please get the lottery nos for next week.

No one had heard of dhoni when he was 21. So he has more than enough time to try and match dhoni.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ookay ODI and test Squad. Would have brought in Gill and definitely got rid of Jhadav. No idea why Rohit is playing test matches, that is one particularly terrible pick. Kinda getting tired of Shaw not making it to the squad but he only has himself to blame. Last chance for KL before he gets sent back to domestic circuit again. Excited on the bowling front, lots of new faces and hope they grow with experience and hopefully usher in a strong bowling culture for Indian cricket. Hopefully win the ODI and test series without breaking sweat.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you say that ? where is logic in that ?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Actually you can't use that logic, his argument is based on actual facts. Dhoni's only century outside india came in 2006, he has no centuries outside subcontinent in test matches. On the other hand yours is based on hate for a player unless you can see future, if that is the case can I please get the lottery nos for next week.

No one had heard of dhoni when he was 21. So he has more than enough time to try and match dhoni.
    Lol you should be the last one here to accuse someone of hating a player. Pant is not above criticism and I do criticise him. Not sure why your pants get on fire when someone criticises Pant? What special inning has he played in ODI's yet? At least I don't start name calling players because of a blind hate. You don't criticise players you get start abusing them which is not right.

Dhoni has already achieved everything in world cricket. Not sure why do you Pant fans get insecure and bring Dhoni's test record when he has already retired from test cricket? Infact I find it funny because you have nothing to show for Pant in ODI's.

I know its going to offend you and other Pant fans (but who cares?) in my opinion he can never match Dhoni in ODI's. Scoring a hundred in a dead rubber match and one against the weakest australian team of all time might satisfy you but not me. Even Ajay Ratra has a test century not to forget Ajit Agarkar ane Anil Kumble.

Nobody is denying that a tullaybaaz or a hack can't score test centuries. Many have scored them and will continue to do so in the future as well.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 23rd July 2019 at 03:21.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lol Kohli and Sharma in all the squads.
    I guess T20 WC is not too far...

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – West Indies chances against India in the upcoming MyTeam11 Twenty20 International Series, co-sponsored by Skoda, were given a boost with the recall of the veteran duo of Sunil Narine and Kieron Pollard.

Wicketkeeper/batsman Anthony Bramble is the only newcomer in the 14-member squad selected for the first two T20Is in the series which will be contested on August 3 and 4 at the Broward County Stadium in Lauderhill, Florida. The Selection Panel has the opportunity to make changes to the squad before the third T20I on August 6 at the Guyana National Stadium.

The squad also includes Andre Russell, subject to him passing a fitness assessment prior to the series. He is set to return to the playing field following his early exit from the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 England & Wales to undergo an operation on his troublesome left knee.

Left-handed opener John Campbell and left-arm spinner Khary Pierre have also been included alongside a number of regulars led by captain Carlos Brathwaite, as the interim CWI Selection Panel seeks to explore options with the ICC World T20 looming next year in Australia.

“This squad is an excellent balance of experience and youth,” said interim chairman of the CWI Selection Panel, Robert Haynes.

“It’s not just about the present – the India Tour of the West Indies – but we are also looking at the T20 World Cup coming up next year and it is important that we find the right combination of players and the right formula for defending our title.

“We have to make sure that we put certain things in place now, so that when it comes to picking the squad for the T20 World Cup, it becomes easier, so we are giving more players the opportunity to play and get the exposure.”

Mystery spinner Narine last played in a T20I for West Indies against England almost two years ago at Chester-le-Street and batting all-rounder Pollard appeared last November on the Tour of India.

“We felt that players like Narine and Pollard, who have played well in T20 leagues around the World, once they are fit and mentally ready to play, we must give them the opportunity to represent the West Indies again,” said Haynes.

The 28-year-old Bramble has given firm proof of his batting and keeping ability in the West Indies Championship for reigning five-time champions Guyana Jaguars, who also reached the Final of last year’s West Indies Super50 Cup.

He captained West Indies “B” to the Final of the Global T20 Tournament last year in Canada and was recently picked up in the CPL draft for the first time in three years and will play for his home-based Guyana Amazon Warriors.

“We have been following his performances in regional competitions over the years and it cannot be forgotten that he led the West Indies ‘B’ Team to the GT20 in Canada, and that team did well to reach the Final,” said Haynes.

“We figured that though Nicholas Pooran will be the first-choice wicketkeeper, but we needed to have someone to deputise in case something unexpected happens and Bramble is the perfect choice.

“He is young and has a lot of ambition, and we saw his character come out in the way he batted whenever Guyana Jaguars were in problems in the West Indies Championship and Super50 Cup, so we know he is capable of getting the job done.”

As one of the most feared and fierce hitters in the shortest version of the game, Russell will add further depth to the batting, and Haynes expects him and the other senior members of the squad to play a big role in the series.

“We expect that this will be a keenly contested series against India,” said Haynes. “Most of the players that we have selected have played in the IPL and they know all of the Indian players well.

“We will have the edge for sure because we are playing at home. At the end of the day however, it is important that the players go out there and play to win, not just to compete, and I think we have the right balance to do so.”

Haynes said veteran opener Chris Gayle had notified him that he was unavailable for the series, due to playing commitments at the GT20 in Canada, so this has given the opportunity for left-handed compatriot John Campbell to fill the slot.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who decides that pecking order and on what criteria? Surely it is not on performance as he has been pathetic in last two years. Forget Shaw, Gill, Agarwal, even the performance of Priyank Panchal, Abhimanyu Easwaran are better than Rahul both of whom have consistently scored runs in testing scenarios in first class matches.

If all that does not matter, then what is the criteria? Is it that Rahul being managed by Bunty Sajdeh is a factor?

Feel like we are back to 80s and early 90s in terms of lobby and mafia.
    All I know is that you and I don't decide the criteria. I've learnt to live with it. Good luck to you.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Mrs Rohit Sharma’s cousin brother is an agent for Kohli.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/spo...w/57503836.cms

Some press reports refer to him as ‘Bunty Sajdeh’ and others as ‘Bunty Sachdeva’ but it sounds like it’s the same guy.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/amp/...et-through-me’
    Thanks.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol you should be the last one here to accuse someone of hating a player. Pant is not above criticism and I do criticise him. Not sure why your pants get on fire when someone criticises Pant? What special inning has he played in ODI's yet? At least I don't start name calling players because of a blind hate. You don't criticise players you get start abusing them which is not right.

Dhoni has already achieved everything in world cricket. Not sure why do you Pant fans get insecure and bring Dhoni's test record when he has already retired from test cricket? Infact I find it funny because you have nothing to show for Pant in ODI's.

I know its going to offend you and other Pant fans (but who cares?) in my opinion he can never match Dhoni in ODI's. Scoring a hundred in a dead rubber match and one against the weakest australian team of all time might satisfy you but not me. Even Ajay Ratra has a test century not to forget Ajit Agarkar ane Anil Kumble.

Nobody is denying that a tullaybaaz or a hack can't score test centuries. Many have scored them and will continue to do so in the future as well.
    Wow, so much hate. The tullaybaaz hack averages nearly 50 in test matches. Funny how a guy who thinks ipl is evil and t20 a disgrace calls a guy who averages 50 in tests as a hack. Also the same hack averages 53 in ranji that you consider so important.

I did not know that proclaiming that a 21 year old who has barely played 10 games wont even come close to the matching performances 38 year old with 350 games is now considered criticism and not hate, please do provide me this dictionary that you use.

Also since you have so many opinions on pant fans, please my dear dhoni fan can you explain to me why you lot bring in what he did in his prime. No one is denying what he did in his prime, you lot seem to think at 38 he is still in his prime, which he clearly isn't. By that logic SRT should still be playing given what he did in his prime is unmatchable, funny how your hero did not consider dravid's and ganguly's and gambhir's performances in their prime when he kicked them out of the team, all I want is same standards applied to srinivasan's favorite son.
    Last edited by jagatk; 23rd July 2019 at 12:20.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is Dhoni fans who are insecure

If Bowling attack of Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood,Lyon is weak, compare it with the attack that Dhoni faced in 2012

Dhoni fans are calling Pant a hack. Talk about Irony
    Last edited by spiderreddy; 23rd July 2019 at 12:38.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think India will whitewash West Indies in ODI but will lose the T20 series 1-2.

I also think West Indies may get a win in Test. Their Test bowling attack is good currently.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderreddy View Post
    It is Dhoni fans who are insecure

If Bowling attack of Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood,Lyon is weak, compare it with the attack that Dhoni faced in 2012

Dhoni fans are calling Pant a hack. Talk about Irony
    Criticising Pant won't make me a Dhoni fan. But bringing in Dhoni's name everytime Pant is criticised by someone does prove that how much some fans hate Dhoni. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to know the difference.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criticising Pant won't make me a Dhoni fan. But bringing in Dhoni's name everytime Pant is criticised by someone does prove that how much some fans hate Dhoni. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to know the difference.
    Ok, you are not a fan of Dhoni. But, you are supporting Dhoni and calling Pant a hack. The irony is still intact

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is that you and I don't decide the criteria. I've learnt to live with it. Good luck to you.
    I have not yet. I do understand that such indifference will continue till we put mortals on pedestal.

So for now I have decided to not switch on TV for a single minute during the WI tour. I have Ashes and then the football season setting in August. So hopefully will not be too bad for me.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderreddy View Post
    Ok, you are not a fan of Dhoni. But, you are supporting Dhoni and calling Pant a hack. The irony is still intact
    You are trying too hard now. I will still call Pant a hack. Not sure what Dhoni has to do with Pant here?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not yet. I do understand that such indifference will continue till we put mortals on pedestal.
    If we are to sit here in moral judgement of people who are at the top of their profession (international cricketers) then we need to walk in their shoes for a few miles, don't you think? At least that's what my moral compass tells me.

Until then, we can voice our displeasure. But we cannot question the ethics and morality of things.

So for now I have decided to not switch on TV for a single minute during the WI tour. I have Ashes and then the football season setting in August. So hopefully will not be too bad for me.
    Yeah I think that works. As end users and consumers, that is what we can control. And we should exercise that right as we see fit. So I support you in this.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I think India will whitewash West Indies in ODI but will lose the T20 series 1-2.

I also think West Indies may get a win in Test. Their Test bowling attack is good currently.
    Ashwin the batsman never gives that satisfaction to West Indies. His batting is phenomenal against them. 4 Test hundreds against them.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By selecting Kedar Jadhav, MSK Prasad has proven how brainless he and his selection team is. If there was any doubt
    1) Jadhav is old. Will be touching 40 by the next world cup
    2) He has a perpetual hamstring injury problem
    3) He isn’t much of a batsman or a bowler right now. Why else was he dropped for Dinesh friggin Karthik just before the semis?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are to sit here in moral judgement of people who are at the top of their profession (international cricketers) then we need to walk in their shoes for a few miles, don't you think? At least that's what my moral compass tells me.

Until then, we can voice our displeasure. But we cannot question the ethics and morality of things.
    See it's a professional sport , hence there is a commercial aspect to it where we supporters come in. So there will be judgements and comments. As long as it is not over the top and related to no sporting aspect of the subject, I don't see any problem with it.

As far as my own comments are concerned, I will still stick to my point that something is not right. It's no longer limited to ineptness of the captain or the selection committee. There is more to it, otherwise how come the words and actions do not match so consistently. How come people who have performed again and again and again continue to be ignored while folks who are surely not demonstrating indicators that they will sustain performance and fitness for next 4 years or next T20 WC gets selected. How come people who have tremendous records in first class or List A continues or for that matter in overseas A tours continues to be ignored for somebody who has consistently failed under trying conditions.

So you may ask whether I have documented evidence to prove the conscious bias that is in play. No I don't , but circumstances do not infer anything else . My comments does not hold ground in law of court but I am not going to change my opinion on the system which I feel is now rotten and designed to benefit a smaller group of people in mutual understanding as opposed to people who should get selected on merit.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A guy like Dhoni would have been left out of the squad long back but for his marketability. It is too naive not to understand that. India lost Dhoni in tests. What did we lose? Nothing. Pant was consistent against Australia in Australia. He got starts every single time and gave his wicket away sometimes trying to up the ante. Never once he looked uncomfortable. Cummins was probably at the best of his career not like he played against dud bowlers. Hazel wood Cummins starc Lyon all potent bowlers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best wicket keeper performances vs OZ in OZ http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ng;view=series

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy like Dhoni would have been left out of the squad long back but for his marketability. It is too naive not to understand that. India lost Dhoni in tests. What did we lose? Nothing. Pant was consistent against Australia in Australia. He got starts every single time and gave his wicket away sometimes trying to up the ante. Never once he looked uncomfortable. Cummins was probably at the best of his career not like he played against dud bowlers. Hazel wood Cummins starc Lyon all potent bowlers.
    Dont you know they are all rubbish bowlers. They aren't legends like ben hilfenhaus, brad hogg and peter siddle from 2011-12. Or genius bowlers in their prime like a 32 year old brett lee or 33 yr old staurt clarke in 2007-08.
    Last edited by jagatk; 23rd July 2019 at 19:14.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure his average doesn't go below 50 in tests otherwise you will have a hard time defending him here.
    Just like how you are having a hard time defending Dhoni ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We couldn't win series against Australia of 2011-12, I wonder what was the reason? It seems beating the weakest Aussie team ever in Australia has gone to your head.
    There are multiple factors for dismal performance back then -

A. India's bowling was not in tune to perform in SENA countries. Ishant was extremely wasteful back then and Ashwin was never effective outside SC
    B. India's batting line up was past it's date and transitioning.
    C. Dhoni and the team management under BCCI back then was also indifferent to away series. The outlook was that we will get whitewashed outside but we will whitewash them back in India, as such the prep work for foreign tours was not that great.

This attitude came back to haunt them when England came in 2012 and beat them in Test. We assumed England will simply lie down and surrender, but they came prepared , showed lot of grit and beat us at home.
    Last edited by RajBan; 23rd July 2019 at 20:27.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We couldn't win series against Australia of 2011-12, I wonder what was the reason? It seems beating the weakest Aussie team ever in Australia has gone to your head.
    We couldn't win because we had no bowling attack due to dhoni's pretty valid distrust of our pacers and our famed batting was on last legs most of whom were past their best but as is our tradition still kept their places rather than be replaced by more able players.

That was the worst aussie side we faced, the current one would destroy them even without smith and warner. Ponting and Hussey were on last legs, Marsh was poor then as he is now, Warner wasn't as good, Clarke was their only real world class batsman. Their bowling was as bad as it gets which is why mostly similar team got destroyed a year later in india like no aussie team had been before.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    By selecting Kedar Jadhav, MSK Prasad has proven how brainless he and his selection team is. If there was any doubt
    1) Jadhav is old. Will be touching 40 by the next world cup
    2) He has a perpetual hamstring injury problem
    3) He isn’t much of a batsman or a bowler right now. Why else was he dropped for Dinesh friggin Karthik just before the semis?
    Players in the age range of Jadhav will keep getting chances in ODI until T20 world cup in 2020 and after that they will not be getting a look in

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    India’s squad for 3 ODIs: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kedar Jadhav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Navdeep Saini

India’s squad for 3 T20Is: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (WK), Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

India’s squad for 2 Tests: Virat Kohli (Captain), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, C Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant (WK) Wriddhiman Saha (WK), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav
    These team selections are mostly on expected lines with at least 6 to 7 members in the current India "A" set up being picked up For ODIs and T20s

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are we seriously undermining the brilliance of Bumrah, Shami, Ishant in that tour. India never had such a potent fast bowling attack. Let me refresh the memory of some. India won the Perth Test against all mighty aussies with the help of the trundler Irfan Pathan lol Adelaide test with the help of Agarkar. An all time great batting line up. These guys are serious upgrade. Just check how many times they hit the knuckles of Aussies with short stuffs. IT was aggressive, masterful bowling performance by these three. Second of all their bowling was never second string. All the players who got banned were batsmen not bowlers.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are we seriously undermining the brilliance of Bumrah, Shami, Ishant in that tour. India never had such a potent fast bowling attack. Let me refresh the memory of some. India won the Perth Test against all mighty aussies with the help of the trundler Irfan Pathan lol Adelaide test with the help of Agarkar. An all time great batting line up. These guys are serious upgrade. Just check how many times they hit the knuckles of Aussies with short stuffs. IT was aggressive, masterful bowling performance by these three. Second of all their bowling was never second string. All the players who got banned were batsmen not bowlers.
    I largely agree with you but that was probably Australia’s weakest batting line up in last 20 years. Still, credit to indian seamers for winning the series

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni fans calling pant a hack. Come back when shameless grandpa scores a test hundred against Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon that too in Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the need to belittle a player just to prove another player is good.

Dhoni has had his time so no point bringing Dhoni in discussions about Pant. It is now Pants time and he should make his own path. What Dhoni did or didn't do in his career should not matter to Pant.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    I largely agree with you but that was probably Australia’s weakest batting line up in last 20 years. Still, credit to indian seamers for winning the series
    It was India's weakest batting lineup too to tour Australia in last 2 decades at least. Except for Kohli and Pujara, there was no one else to fall back on.

So the relative weaknesses of both batting lineups cancelled out each other.

PS: Don't forget Australia were playing at home and most of Indian players were touring Australia for the very first time in their career. Even layman will tell you how intimidating is to tour Australia especially when its your first time.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofcricket4life View Post
    Dhoni fans calling pant a hack. Come back when shameless grandpa scores a test hundred against Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon that too in Australia.
    Didn’t MS Technique Dhoni hit one against Siddle and Hilfen?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I don't understand the need to belittle a player just to prove another player is good.

Dhoni has had his time so no point bringing Dhoni in discussions about Pant. It is now Pants time and he should make his own path. What Dhoni did or didn't do in his career should not matter to Pant.
    Exactly. When someone criticises Pant in ODI's, his fans bring Dhoni and his test stats into discussion. Dhoni isn't even in the test team so I don't know why are Pant fans acting so insecure?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofcricket4life View Post
    LOL so you are forgetting everything what Dhoni has done for Indian cricket just for 1 century against the weakest and low in confidence team of Australia ever? What a thankless fan.

Come back when Pant has played 350 ODI matches with an average of 50, played an inning like 2011 final and took India to number 1 in test rankings. I am pretty sure by the time Pant reaches his 100th ODI, you will jump onto other player's hype train.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was India's weakest batting lineup too to tour Australia in last 2 decades at least. Except for Kohli and Pujara, there was no one else to fall back on.

So the relative weaknesses of both batting lineups cancelled out each other.

PS: Don't forget Australia were playing at home and most of Indian players were touring Australia for the very first time in their career. Even layman will tell you how intimidating is to tour Australia especially when its your first time.
    iT was proven in the following series between OZ and Srilanka. OZ trounced Srilanka.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IN before someone saying "Worst srilanka team ever". That "worst srilanka" team was the first Asian side to win a Test series in SA. Our critics may move on to "Worst SA team ever" lol

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the thread is filled with dhoni vs pant. Comparing a proved legend dhoni with pant is silly. And people who are criticising pant, he is a great prospect and leagues above his competitors like ishan kishan and samson. So, it doesn't matter how much you hate an young player like pant, he will be in the team. Hope he fulfills his talent.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    iT was proven in the following series between OZ and Srilanka. OZ trounced Srilanka.
    You are looking so desperate now. What has Aus beating Sri Lanka got to do with India beating Australia? What does it prove? Similarly when fans criticise Pant you guys bring in Dhoni and his test stats into discussion as well.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It seems some experts here believe in that formula where if A beats C and C beats B then A is automatically superior than B without even playing. That's why these insecure fans are bringing in other series which didn't involve India.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are looking so desperate now. What has Aus beating Sri Lanka got to do with India beating Australia? What does it prove? Similarly when fans criticise Pant you guys bring in Dhoni and his test stats into discussion as well.
    You are being dishonest with your observation. You can call Australian team B team C team. But it was only batting that had a setback. Not their bowling. They had all their bowlers intact. Their bowling was still A grade. That is the same bowling that will play the Ashes. Pant despite throwing his wicket away a few times while accelerating had a fantastic series both behind and infront of the wicket. Pretty much every single Australian commie went gaga over Pant. You seriously try to prove Pant is a hack. But is failing spectacularly with no real evidence.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You are being dishonest with your observation. You can call Australian team B team C team. But it was only batting that had a setback. Not their bowling. They had all their bowlers intact. Their bowling was still A grade. That is the same bowling that will play the Ashes. Pant despite throwing his wicket away a few times while accelerating had a fantastic series both behind and infront of the wicket. Pretty much every single Australian commie went gaga over Pant. You seriously try to prove Pant is a hack. But is failing spectacularly with no real evidence.
    This same bowling unit will look different because now they have Warner and Smith back in the team. Hopefully you undetstand how it works

I am saying this because I have seen so many indian fans crying and blaming the bowlers for failing to win test series abroad. We had all the legendary batsman in our team but we still blame our bowlers. I wonder why?

I can see you are trying too hard to convince that Pant is not a hack. Last year too fans were jumping on me when I criticised KL Rahul and in the end they were proved wrong. If you think he will have a good test career and will contribute more than Dhoni did then good for you. Just don't try to force your opinion on me. It's my personal opinion that he is a tullaybaaz. I will call a batsman who after getting 20-30 runs throws his wicket away. Want an evidence? Watch all his ODI innings so far and then come back to me.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This same bowling unit will look different because now they have Warner and Smith back in the team. Hopefully you undetstand how it works

I am saying this because I have seen so many indian fans crying and blaming the bowlers for failing to win test series abroad. We had all the legendary batsman in our team but we still blame our bowlers. I wonder why?

I can see you are trying too hard to convince that Pant is not a hack. Last year too fans were jumping on me when I criticised KL Rahul and in the end they were proved wrong. If you think he will have a good test career and will contribute more than Dhoni did then good for you. Just don't try to force your opinion on me. It's my personal opinion that he is a tullaybaaz. I will call a batsman who after getting 20-30 runs throws his wicket away. Want an evidence? Watch all his ODI innings so far and then come back to me.
    Unless you suggest Smith and Warner are great bowlers you have no idea what you are talking about or you didn't even follow the series ball by ball. It is the same series Pant outscored Kohli, Rohit, Rahul, Rahane. Infact only guy who did better than Pant was Pujara.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Unless you suggest Smith and Warner are great bowlers you have no idea what you are talking about or you didn't even follow the series ball by ball. It is the same series Pant outscored Kohli, Rohit, Rahul, Rahane. Infact only guy who did better than Pant was Pujara.

You know what I was trying to suggest there. Thank god you didn't say that Pant is a better batsman than Kohli on the basis of one series against the weakest Aus side ever.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know what I was trying to suggest there. Thank god you didn't say that Pant is a better batsman than Kohli on the basis of one series against the weakest Aus side ever.
    Cummins averages 22, Starc 28, Hazlewood 27 are the "weakest bowlers" from Australia. Weakest bowler CUmmins is ranked no.1 in the world with 878 points lol Even assuming your twisted theory of "weakest side" is true it was the bowlers who benefitted not the batsmen. Statistics reflect that. In the history of Austrlaian cricket (that is over 130 year old) he is the third highest run getter for a touring wicket keeper in Australian history. OTher two had the benfit of playing more tests. So many wicekt keepers have come and gone in 130 years. IN the very first year he was the wicket keeper for the test team of the year. Your opinion means zilch. Everyone can have one even if it is garbage. But there is something called reality. Michael Clarke, Michael Vaughan were always paid to glorify pant.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cummins averages 22, Starc 28, Hazlewood 27 are the "weakest bowlers" from Australia. Weakest bowler CUmmins is ranked no.1 in the world with 878 points lol Even assuming your twisted theory of "weakest side" is true it was the bowlers who benefitted not the batsmen. Statistics reflect that. In the history of Austrlaian cricket (that is over 130 year old) he is the third highest run getter for a touring wicket keeper in Australian history. OTher two had the benfit of playing more tests. So many wicekt keepers have come and gone in 130 years. IN the very first year he was the wicket keeper for the test team of the year. Your opinion means zilch. Everyone can have one even if it is garbage. But there is something called reality. Michael Clarke, Michael Vaughan were always paid to glorify pant.
    Calm down there. I have already asked you to not force your opinion on me. Not sure why are you getting hurt lol? I still think he is a hack. Just like you can think that he will be a great batsman for India others can think differently based on their experience of watching cricket. You should learn to take opinions different than yours. I am just saying that he is a tullaybaaz. I don't go around and force people to accept my opinion as theirs lol.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    WEST INDIES ANNOUNCE ODI SQUAD FOR MYTEAM11 SERIES AGAINST INDIA

Gayle included, Campbell, Chase and Paul recalled

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The CWI Interim Selection Panel has named veteran opener Chris Gayle in the West Indies squad for the MyTeam11 Series against India which is co-sponsored by Skoda and Fena.

Left-handed opener John Campbell, fellow batsman Roston Chase and all-rounder Keemo Paul have all been recalled to the 14-member squad for the three-match series which will be contested on August 8 at the Guyana National Stadium, and on August 11 and 14 at the Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad.

Gayle said prior to the ODI Series against England last March that he planned to retire following the ICC CWC 2019, but he had a change of mind during the tournament and has made himself available for this series. The self-proclaimed “Universe Boss” also has the extra motivation of two records for West Indies in this format to chase during the series.

Gayle now has 10,338 runs and needs 11 to pass batting legend Brian Lara (10,348) for the highest aggregate in ODIs for West Indies.

He has also amassed 10,393 overall career runs and needs 13 to again pass Lara (10,405) for the most runs by a West Indian in the history of ODIs.

“Chris is a very valuable player and he brings a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge, he lends a lot to any dressing room and it is great to have him in the squad,” said interim West Indies head coach Floyd Reifer.

Reifer said Campbell, Chase and Paul have been brought back to add more balance to the squad, whilst Sunil Ambris, Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel and Ashley Nurse have all missed out on selection for the matches against Virat Kohli’s side. The rest of the ICC CWC 2019 squad remains in place.

“We have a mixture of some experienced and young ODI players,” said Reifer. “It is good to have Keemo, John and Roston back, and they will help to bring further balance to the team.

“Looking ahead to the series, I think we have a lot to build upon following the World Cup. We have retained a large number of players from the World Cup squad, so there is a lot to build on and I am looking forward to the Series.”

Reifer added: “We have to start planning now for the World Cup in 2023 and we are looking for a solid squad that we can work with over the next four years. We want to build them into a consistent winning team in this format, so that they have a real chance of success in 4-years’ time.

“We had a number of young players in the last World Cup squad. We played some decent cricket. We were in match-winning positions, but we just didn’t win the key moments or finish off the games. The players have learnt a lot from the World Cup, and we are looking to improve their skills, their mindsets and playing together as a team. The more they can play together, the better it will be for them.”

Jason Holder (captain)
    Fabian Allen
    Carlos Brathwaite
    John Campbell
    Roston Chase
    Sheldon Cottrell
    Chris Gayle
    Shimron Hetmyer
    Shai Hope
    Evin Lewis
    Keemo Paul
    Nicholas Pooran
    Kemar Roach
    Oshane Thomas

Team Management Unit
    Floyd Reifer (Head Coach)
    Rawl Lewis (Team Operations Manager)
    Roddy Estwick (Assistant Coach)
    Corey Collymore (Bowling Coach)
    Rayon Griffith (Fielding Coach)
    Denis Byam (Physiotherapist)
    Corey Bocking (Strength & Conditioning Coach)
    Zephyrinus Nicholas (Massage Therapist)
    Steven Sylvester (Sports Psychologist)
    Dinesh Mahabir (Analyst)
    Philip Spooner (Media Relations Officer)

FULL MATCH SCHEDULE – India to West Indies 2019

Sat, Aug 3: 1st MyTeam11 Twenty20 International – Broward County Stadium, Lauderhill, Florida (10:30 am start)

Sun, Aug 4: 2nd MyTeam11 Twenty20 International – Broward County Stadium (10:30 am)

Tue, Aug 6: 3rd MyTeam11 International – Guyana National Stadium, Guyana (10:30 am)

Thu, Aug 8: 1st MyTeam11 One-day International – Guyana National Stadium (9:30 am)

Sun, Aug 11: 2nd MyTeam11 One-day International – Queen’s Park Oval, Trinidad (9:30 am)

Wed, Aug 14: 3rd MyTeam11 One-day International – Queen’s Park Oval (9:30 am)

Sat, Aug 17 to Mon, Aug 19: Tour Match – Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua (9:30 am daily)

Thu, Aug 22 to Mon, Aug 26: 1st MyTeam11 Test – Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua (9:30 am daily)

Fri, Aug 30 to Tue, Sep 3: 2nd MyTeam11 Test – Sabina Park, Jamaica (9:30 am daily)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Dont think I've ever seen anything stupider than the WI keeping Chris Gayle.

Man is nigh 40, totally past it and can barely run. World Cup just ended where despite six losses WI showed tonnes of potential and talent.

But yes, lets persist with the nearly 40 year old who cant run who said he'd retire.

Ridiculous selections.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If the weak link MS Dhoni was selected for this tour I would have given West Indies some chance. My prediction then would be :

ODI's : 2-1 to India
    T20's : 2-1 to West Indies
    Tests (absolutely no change because the weak link has already retired from that format) : 2-0 to India

My prediction now without the weak link in the Indian team :

ODI's : 3-0 to India
    T20's : 3-0 to India
    Tests : No surprise. 2-0 to India

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mayank Agarwal is going early to get acclimatized with the conditions. Hope he is able to perform well. The guy is really focussed and put lot of hard work. Unfortunately he lags social media skills unlike his peers, hence does not always qualify the selection criteria.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing this will be the last ODI series of Gayle and maybe he wants to retire from ODIs from home. The last ODI should have been in Jamaica for Gayle's farewell ODI. Also looks like the 2nd and last test is in Jamaica and Gayle should play in that test to retire from test also.

1. Sunil Ambris scored runs in the A series vs India A. I would have picked him ahead of John Campbell.
    2. Kemar Roach will be 35 by next WC. Maybe include a young pacer in place of him. Alzarri Joseph is injured I believe.
    3. Sherfane Rutherford needs to be groomed for ODI team.
    4. Also a frontline spinner is required as the next WC is in India. Could have given Rakheem Cornwall a go.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Dont think I've ever seen anything stupider than the WI keeping Chris Gayle.

Man is nigh 40, totally past it and can barely run. World Cup just ended where despite six losses WI showed tonnes of potential and talent.

But yes, lets persist with the nearly 40 year old who cant run who said he'd retire.

Ridiculous selections.
    I think India picking up Jadhav trumps Gayle's selection in terms of mindless planning.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    So West Indies are playing ODIs in Guyana and Trinidad but no picked specialist spinner ? Okay then.

Allen and Chase are part time at best.
    Last edited by Markhor; 27th July 2019 at 16:32.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the weak link MS Dhoni was selected for this tour I would have given West Indies some chance. My prediction then would be :

ODI's : 2-1 to India
    T20's : 2-1 to West Indies
    Tests (absolutely no change because the weak link has already retired from that format) : 2-0 to India

My prediction now without the weak link in the Indian team :

ODI's : 3-0 to India
    T20's : 3-0 to India
    Tests : No surprise. 2-0 to India

WI will win one match

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Andre Russell pulled out of the T20 series with an injury. A few hours after the WIs announced this Russell played in the GLT20.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andre Russell pulled out of the T20 series with an injury. A few hours after the WIs announced this Russell played in the GLT20.

The reason why WI have little success. Most of them don't have any interest in playing for the WI as it is not a country. This is out of context are you from Andhra pradesh?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pk716 View Post
    The reason why WI have little success. Most of them don't have any interest in playing for the WI as it is not a country. This is out of context are you from Andhra pradesh?
    Agree.

No I’m not.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see West Indies winning any T20 game. They have a chance in Test provided they produce bouncy pitches.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see West Indies winning any T20 game. They have a chance in Test provided they produce bouncy pitches.
    This aint the 90’s. Most Indian batsmen are good with horizontal shots now. And Windies batmen will have a tough time against the likes of Bumrah, Shami and even Ishant on a bouncy pitch. Bumrah was even hitting Australian batsmen for fun at their own home. They can get us if they can find some movement though.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they would be stupid to produce bouncy tracks as india are quite good on bouncy wickets. Not to mention their fast bowling is conducive to performing on fast bouncy conditions. india destroyed australia with their pace attack on bouncy tracks. best bowler in the world bumrah excels on bouncy wickets. indian batting is only crap vs swing in overcast conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The pitch looks totally different today.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pant throws his wicket away again.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full house today also. Very impressed by turnout, mostly desis in the FL area but some came in from TX , GA and NC.
    There is another cricket stadium being built in Allen TX, expect more of these games involving Asian teams to be played Stateside.