Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

"Definitely, we can beat India" : Mohammad Amir

Mohammad Amir speaking on TV

"We could have won the match today but I think early on, our 10-15 overs were crucial after winning the toss. We didn't bowl well there. If we bowled well and took 1-2 wickets there then on this wicket, we should have dismissed them for 240-250"

"On this wicket, our strength ball should have been pitched up but I think we bowled a little short. If we pitched the ball up in the first 10-15 overs, we could've done better"

"Pressure was on me, in 14 games I had 5 wickets and when you're a strike bowler, you're under pressure if you don't take wickets. But I was just thinking that it's a World Cup and I'll have to be mentally strong and do what I can. If I'm not ready mentally then things would be worst but I tried to express myself, but I would've enjoyed it more if we won the match"

"The white kookaburra ball has changed, in 2009 it had a completely different seam. After a 5 year break, I played for 2 years nonstop, I was swinging the ball early on but then I had some niggles and injures. Fatigue can also cause technical issues. But since I came to England, I've been working on my wrist and trying to pitch the ball up and swing it"

"All games are pressure games in the World Cup, same for India. We'll have to come with a positive mindset against India. We have to win every game now and we'll try our best"

"Definitely, we can beat India. Today also our batting took the game deep. If we're a bit more mentally strong, insha'Allah we will win"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future captain for sure.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mohammad Amir speaking on TV

I've been working on my wrist and trying to pitch the ball up and swing it
    Hope it's not just tv talk. And he takes a leaf out of wasim's analysis too i.e. deliver the ball close to the stumps.

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  17.6 KBName:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  16.6 KB

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if we win, it will only be a consolation victory, as we are realstically already out of the wc.
    At least we can try and break the streak.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine comments from Amir. They all need to give their all in every game now.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i would love to see him as a captain. More mature than sarfraz for sure. Need a solid wicket keeper who is fit and athletic and can bat like kamran akmal

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Even if we win, it will only be a consolation victory, as we are realstically already out of the wc.
    How?

Are we out of the WC?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just needs to get closer to the stumps

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Future captain for sure.
    It's unfortunate he won't last that long, he's already on his last legs.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. Pakistan need to win 4 out of 5 against India, South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. So we still have a chance. I definitely think we can clutch victories against SA, AFG, and BD. On a good day we can beat the Kiwis too. Only the India match is gonna give us a tough time, but if we play well, anything is possible.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adil79 View Post
    Hope it's not just tv talk. And he takes a leaf out of wasim's analysis too i.e. deliver the ball close to the stumps.

Pretty sure that’s start bowling to a left handed batsmen

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Why do I have a feeling many people in PCB don’t like him?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The best thing with Aamir is that he is very economical even when he is not getting wickets. And he learns very quickly.

Riaz is also in very good form.

I am sure they will bowl their heart out versus India. Just need to take the damn catches. Shadab and Haris should replace Malik and Asif.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How?

Are we out of the WC?
    Pretty much

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    The best thing with Aamir is that he is very economical even when he is not getting wickets. And he learns very quickly.

Riaz is also in very good form.

I am sure they will bowl their heart out versus India. Just need to take the damn catches. Shadab and Haris should replace Malik and Asif.
    And our fielding will improve drastically.

Malik and Asif were awful in the field today.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go, yet another hyped sound-bite for fantasy fans to get all excited over.

Amir, you can say what you like to a reporter but that doesn't actually make Pakistan better than India

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much
    Nahh, I don’t think so bro.

We are capable of beating min. 4 teams in 5 matches.

NZ will most probably lose against India.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    He is still recovering from weakness from chicken pox. Amir just needs to work bit on his fitness he is just 27-28. Mashrafe captains BD while wearing clutches on legs

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is a CHAMP.
    I am sure both Amir and Wahab will bowl their heart out vs India. For the moment its better to look at 1 game.

For me PAK is still in the WC but its a long way.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He is still recovering from weakness from chicken pox. Amir just needs to work bit on his fitness he is just 27-28. Mashrafe captains BD while wearing clutches on legs
    I hope so mate.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Pretty sure that’s start bowling to a left handed batsmen
    pretty sure that's irrelevant to what wasim discussed.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junaidji View Post
    I don't think so. Pakistan need to win 4 out of 5 against India, South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. So we still have a chance. I definitely think we can clutch victories against SA, AFG, and BD. On a good day we can beat the Kiwis too. Only the India match is gonna give us a tough time, but if we play well, anything is possible.
    Everyone keeps saying we need 4 out of 5 wins to qualify. I disagree, we need 5 wins out of 5.
    12 points gives automatic qualification.
    4 wins will only give us 11 points and we have the poorest run rate, so unlikely we will qualify.
    And we can only afford to lose 1 game max to rain.
    All in all, unlikely that we can qualify.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nahh, I don’t think so bro.

We are capable of beating min. 4 teams in 5 matches.

NZ will most probably lose against India.
    We need to win all 5 games. See my post above.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to some pathetic Pakistani fans, we are always out of the competition when we lose. We need to 3 out of 5 games of ours to go through. Bangldesh and afg will be crucial but game against SA and Nzl will be massive if we win both grt if we win 1 of it and other lose it by small margin we will be ok. So important our neighbors tomorrow deliver another win under them and beat Bangldesh too.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true 5 games or airport now. NZ will have same points as us (if we win our next 4 out of 5) after tomorrow's game against india, if they win just 2 out of their remaining 5 games.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    According to some pathetic Pakistani fans, we are always out of the competition when we lose. We need to 3 out of 5 games of ours to go through. Bangldesh and afg will be crucial but game against SA and Nzl will be massive if we win both grt if we win 1 of it and other lose it by small margin we will be ok. So important our neighbors tomorrow deliver another win under them and beat Bangldesh too.
    3 out of 5? we aren't talking about the second half of the table. Mathematically, a team with three loss is guaranteed will have more probability in top 4 compared to team with four loss.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will Make it to Top 4 mark my words.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true 5 games or airport now. NZ will have same points as us (if we win our next 4 out of 5) after tomorrow's game against india, if they win just 2 out of their remaining 5 games.
    NZ and India will get 1 point each from tomorrow's wash-out. Which will put NZ to 7 points after 4 games.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    NZ and India will get 1 point each from tomorrow's wash-out. Which will put NZ to 7 points after 4 games.
    And they can win next 3 games out of 5 games. 2 would put us equal in points if we win just 4 our of our next 5 games.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    Are you sure it will be washed out?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Future captain for sure.
    if he ends up man of the tournament and sarfraz does things like he is doing then surely is

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems like they are all happy or worry abt their own performances

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difference is India is doing their basics right, right areas etc, catching - were going with all heart and power but then small things screw us - while the heart out factor is good, need to focus on cricketing basics too

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win against India this team will unbeatable.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    With his hero Wasim Akram watching, a player he would imitate as a child in Changa Bangial, Mohammad Amir produced a spell of hostile fast bowling that would have had the Sultan of Swing tapping a foot in appreciation.

Amir, who has been inconsistent in recent years, claimed career best figures of 5/30, the best of the tournament to date and the best by a Pakistan seamer at a World Cup since Akram’s 5/28 against Namibia in 2003 - as his clever variation of pace and canny use of swing and seam were the foundation of a performance that while not ultimately match-winning, was certainly eye-catching.

It was the first five wicket haul of his one-day career, at a ground where he returned to English cricket three years ago after a lengthy and much-publicised spell out of the sport.

No wonder captain Sarfaraz Ahmed was first across to the 27-year old after he claimed the scalp of Mitchell Starc to end Australia’s innings on 307 - a total that was to prove just too big for Pakistan, who slipped to a 41-run defeat at Taunton.

If only Amir’s team-mates had been on the same level, as dropped catches and fielding errors punctuated an Australia innings that started with a flash and flourish, thanks to Aaron Finch and David Warner, but ended in a whimper, the last eight wickets falling for just 84 runs.

He was drafted into Sarfaraz’s side on the eve of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, which many thought was a throw of the dice by a Pakistan team that had been ruthlessly rolled by England in four ODI matches last month.

Pakistan are, of course, a team that is supposedly easy to label, it’s hard to read their name without the predictable preface of ‘unpredictable’.

Lacklustre against the West Indies in their tournament opener, they rebounded to end a winless run of 11 matches with a brilliant victory over favourites England a few days later.

It seems you’re always destined to ride the rollercoaster with these Cornered Tigers and if a team was summed up by one player, then Amir could well be the man.

His combative opening spell had Finch and Warner hoping and weaving and he went for just one boundary in his ten overs, 37 dot balls underlining just how uncomfortable he was to face in the overcast conditions.

Sarfaraz did his best to accentuate the positives of Pakistan’s second defeat in four matches, a loss which leaves them little margin ahead of this weekend’s clash with India.

"We conceded too many runs in the first 20 overs apart from Mohammad Amir. He bowled absolutely brilliantly, as good as I’ve ever seen him bowl, that’s a big positive for us,” he said. “We came back and restricted them well but it was a 270-280 pitch.”

Virat Kohli regards Amir as one of the toughest bowlers to face and it would be hard to argue with the Indian captain on the evidence of this display at Taunton, which took him to the top of the tournament bowling standings.

The problem is you don’t always know what Amir will turn up - and we all know who Kohli would prefer at Old Trafford on Sunday.

In the ICC Champions Trophy two years ago he struggled in the group stages but took out India’s top three batsmen in a match-winning performance in the final.

Then his form dramatically evaporated, failing to pick up a single wicket in last year’s Asian Cup, as his average took a pounding.

His display with the ball with one of the few highlights of Pakistan’s defeat to the West Indies while he removed England danger man Jos Buttler with one of his two wickets at Trent Bridge, spells which showed flashes of the brilliance that always lurks.

But this was the best yet - and be assured Kohli and co. were watching and worrying.

ICC Media Release

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoaib said its fine.

According to Shoaib, Starc has a side-on action and swivels from his hips on delivery hence its easier for him to deliver from closer to the stumps when bowling over the wicket.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You definitely can’t

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be very tough to beat India. India clear favorites but Pakistan are quite unpredictable, you just don't know which Pakistan team will turn up....

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    listen you were suppose to win against Aus, lost 3 wickets in 15 bowls.

Unbelievable, pakistan totally choked. Aus were totally pegged back and they were really worried and then pak exploded.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not a good time to face india, malik needs to be dropped.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off course Pak have a chance to beat india....look at champion tournament 2017....and also i felt they played well agains AUS - skills wise they were about equal....it was bone head ned fielding, pathetic decisions when batting and very ordinary bowling at lot of times...i mean prof haffez was out to that ball from finch which must be one of the worst deliveries in the history of the WC if not all time , to get a wicket....and i am indian.....

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak need to go in with the mentality that anything can happen-even in the eng-pak series b4 the WC Started, paks batting has clicked....now you have aamir doing well, shadaab khan wil lbe back, i'm looking fwd to the new guy hasnain....match will be good

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TamiL_GarvaM! View Post
    Pak need to go in with the mentality that anything can happen-even in the eng-pak series b4 the WC Started, paks batting has clicked....now you have aamir doing well, shadaab khan wil lbe back, i'm looking fwd to the new guy hasnain....match will be good
    will be an india win. i hope Im wrong but i cant see anything other than that..it may go like the aussie match..

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why just Amir, Even my school cricket team member can say- “Definitely, we can beat India”

But what my school team and Amir won’t say “We can DEFINITELY BEAT India”.

Same words, different arrangement!!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Pakistan wins this one ... this ongoing pressure of maintaining clean record in World cup games is a bit too much. Better to lose on Sunday as it is unlikely this would affect our chance for semis.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala977 View Post
    I hope Pakistan wins this one ... this ongoing pressure of maintaining clean record in World cup games is a bit too much. Better to lose on Sunday as it is unlikely this would affect our chance for semis.
    There is no pressure for India to maintain any streak. I have watched every single 6 of the match except 1999 one. It is about putting your effort in each match and getting to semis. Maintaining the streak is just a byproduct. That is how Indian team will look at it. They won't care who won in the past.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir needs to bowl like he always does against India!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbar View Post
    Why just Amir, Even my school cricket team member can say- “Definitely, we can beat India”

But what my school team and Amir won’t say “We can DEFINITELY BEAT India”.

Same words, different arrangement!!
    Your school team can say that but if amir says it all hell will break loose.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistan pace spearhead Mohammad Amir says the memory of his late mother will spur him on in the much-awaited World Cup 2019 clash against arch-rivals India in Manchester on Sunday. The 27-year-old is back in form after taking a career best 5-30 against Australia in a losing cause on Wednesday following a wretched run that saw him take just five wickets in 14 one-day internationals prior to World Cup 2019. Mohammad Amir said his mother, Naseem Akhtar, who died in March this year, always prayed for his success, wanting him to take five wickets in every match he played.

"My mother will definitely be praying for me from the heavens," Amir told AFP.

"She would always be found before the television and all the time praying for my success and her biggest wish was that I get five wickets, so when I got five I cried and remembered her words."

Pakistan are in a precarious position, with just three points from their opening four games after losing to the West Indies and Australia, surprisingly beating hosts England and seeing their match with Sri Lanka washed out by rain.

There is no need for extra motivation against fierce rivals India, but Amir admits there is even more pressure on Pakistan, given defeat could signal an early end to their chances of reaching the semi-finals.

Rivalry

"The kind of rivalry between Pakistan and India was evident at my home and she always wanted me to come strong against India," recalled Amir of his mother.

"As a cricketer when you hold a bat or a ball and are at a ground then every match is the same. But fans, channels of both the sides, media and now social media create a hype.

"For us cricketers all matches are the same but, yes, our current situation on the points table is putting pressure on us to win this match and progress forward."

Pakistan have lost all six of their previous World Cup clashes with India but can take hope from their Champions Trophy meeting in England just two years ago when Amir helped inspire a resounding 180-run victory.

Amir took 3-16 that day, including the vital wicket of Indian captain Virat Kohli.

"That was a high-pressure game so I learnt from that final. As a strike bowler everyone wanted me to take wickets and on that day I learned how to handle that pressure," said Amir.

Amir's five wickets against Australia lifted his haul to 10 at the World Cup so far and he is relishing his return to form after nearly missing out on selection.

He did not bowl during a bilateral series that Pakistan lost 4-0 to England just before the tournament after missing the last four games with chicken pox.

"I am pumped up after getting wickets against Australia," he said.

"I am happy that wickets have come at the right time. When I was bowling well, even when I was not taking wickets, from captain to coach to bowling coach and my team-mates, everyone supported me.

"I never felt disheartened and my patience paid off."

https://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-20...mother-2053922

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes definitely you are not a mohally ki team You are ex world champions T20 WC winners CT winners tean with better head to head team which has produced more great players than India team which has exicted the world cricket yes you can just need to be focused and disciplined

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the intricacies of fast bowling, why would that help? Did Was elaborate on it?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala977 View Post
    If your team loses a match to a team led by laloo then who can you expect such a team to win WC?
    There is a reason why Pak fans aren't excited about this contest, a contest which might end up being a no contest atall.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    You need minimum 4 wins.

With 3 wins, you will get to 9 points.

England are already on 6. They still have AFG, SL, IND, AUS & NZ to go. Assuming that they at least beat SL & AFG, they will have 10 points minimum.

India are on 5 points. They still have BD, AFG, SL, ENG, PAK & WI to go. Assuming that they beat SL, BD & AFG, they will be on 11 points.

Aus are on 8 points. They have BD, SA, NZ and Eng to go. Even if they just beat BD, then they will have 10 points.

NZ are on 7 points. They have WI, PAK, Eng, Aus & SA to go. 1 win there, and they will get to 9 points and overtake you on NRR.

In an ideal world, Pakistan needs 5 wins to get to 13 points an ensure qualification. But with 4 wins and 11 points, you will give yourself a great chance, especially if the above teams mess up.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It will be difficult for Pakistan to qualify if they don't get 2 points today. Rain can affect Pakistan's other matches too.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the intricacies of fast bowling, why would that help? Did Was elaborate on it?
    Its the angle to the batsmen, same thing applies to a right arm bowler. If you want the ball to swing more come closer to the stumps, if the ball is swinging alot you can go wider of the stumps and this will ensure the ball swings less and batsmen edge it.

Even at under 18 level on a sunday park , club cricketers know of this.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    One of the reasons Starc is better than Amir is him bowling closer to the stumps

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Agree. Amir did great but on the other side Hasan Ali got hammered. As a playing unit, the team looked fairly ordinary. Don't blame Amir. He earned the right to shake his head and express his displeasure