Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Where was Haris Sohail all this while? Huge injustice to suppress this talent

Amazing match winning effort from him today against a good attack.

To think that this guy was warming the bench all this while, i feel shocked.

Did no one in the team management understand his potential?

He looked class apart

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes he did but thats just one innings..
    he is always tuk tuk tuking aswell..but credit where credit is due malik should have never been ahead of him

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik mafia of course

With Maliks useless batting average of 10 in England for over 15 years

Absolute shameless nepotism

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    yes he did but thats just one innings..
    he is always tuk tuk tuking aswell..but credit where credit is due malik should have never been ahead of him
    I haven’t seen much but he’s look better today than any Pakistani batsman i have seen in last 15 years. Only Yasir Hameed in his prime looked better

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    His potential hasn’t been doubted but he is to blamed as well. He was fixture in 2014-2015 and got chance after chance, but never converted his starts into something substantial.

He doesn’t seem bothered about keeping his weight in check and his fitness means he is always in the red zone in terms of breaking down.

He would have played all matches in the World Cup so far had he not got out lazily against West Indies.

He should have had a long run at 4 since coming back from his long-term injury, and there is no doubt that he has been mistreated to an extent, but he has also done quite a bit to ensure that Mickey and co. don’t trust him.

However, he will be given a long rope based on his knock today and it is up to him to ensure that his fitness holds. The ship is sailing for him in terms of age. He doesn’t have 10-15 years in his career.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I haven’t seen much but he’s look better today than any Pakistani batsman i have seen in last 15 years. Only Yasir Hameed in his prime looked better
    The guy has soooo much time for his shots vs pace... it was clear to see even from last world cup.

In Adelaide during the WC, he looked the only batsman comfortable out there vs AUS.

He had fitness issues that held him back but now it has been rectified, only nepotism is stopping his continued selection.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's had knee issues which has prevented him from being in the team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    City Of Wrestlers
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    His potential hasn’t been doubted but he is to blamed as well. He was fixture in 2014-2015 and got chance after chance, but never converted his starts into something substantial.

He doesn’t seem bothered about keeping his weight in check and his fitness means he is always in the red zone in terms of breaking down.

He would have played all matches in the World Cup so far had he not got out lazily against West Indies.

He should have had a long run at 4 since coming back from his long-term injury, and there is no doubt that he has been mistreated to an extent, but he has also done quite a bit to ensure that Mickey and co. don’t trust him.

However, he will be given a long rope based on his knock today and it is up to him to ensure that his fitness holds. The ship is sailing for him in terms of age. He doesn’t have 10-15 years in his career.
    Do you like muhammad amir?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From one of Malik's biggest supporters ..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That six over point vs Rabada

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaal-E-Yaar View Post
    Do you like muhammad amir?
    No, because it is very difficult to motivate him to perform and he is not taking wickets with the new ball.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Didn’t azhar Mahmood get a double century on his debut
    And also Asif Ali scores a couple of 50’s

Just a one off flash in the plan
    He’s been doing nothing of note lately for Pakistan
    Not even sure where he was during the recent South Africa series in novemeber

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    He's had knee issues which has prevented him from being in the team.
    He missed one tour in last 2.5 years but he played only 13 matches before this.

His career has been runied by Micky and Sarfraz

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    From one of Malik's biggest supporters ..
    Malik was bailing Pakistan out time and time again when Haris was on the sidelines. It is possible to praise Haris without criticizing a man of honor like Malik.

He said he will retire from ODIs after the World Cup and he will stay true to his word. What more do you want from him? Apologize to the nation for not performing?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Body shaming in cricket must stop.

Just because he has a few extra ponds shouldn’t go against for as long as he’s scoring.

Also you cannot expect talent to have great stats if chances given aren’t sufficient

Please give him an extended run in reds and ODIs at #4. Let him play there for six months to an year at least

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only a blind person would’ve picked Malik over Sohail in the last 18 months

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He only needs one failure for uncle Malik to return back to the side.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    'experienced' Shoaib Malik was playing instead.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody flip flopping as usual.
    He has always had the talent and class, if not quite the work ethic and fitness. Where were the people after the windies complaining when he got dropped .

Basically, they "can't " force hafeez to bat 6, so once that doesn't happen it's harder to get haris in the side. Today there hand was forced

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Didn’t azhar Mahmood get a double century on his debut
    And also Asif Ali scores a couple of 50’s

Just a one off flash in the plan
    He’s been doing nothing of note lately for Pakistan
    Not even sure where he was during the recent South Africa series in novemeber

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    City Of Wrestlers
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, because it is very difficult to motivate him to perform and he is not taking wickets with the new ball.
    Might two new balls rule is making hard for bowlers.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaal-E-Yaar View Post
    Might two new balls rule is making hard for bowlers.
    He has lost pace and swing, but takes wickets when the batsmen slog against him in the end overs because he is accurate.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should’ve been a permanent ODI number 4 for the last few years but it’s not too late

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mamoon has been backing Malik for a while now, and he wanted Malik in the world cup at any cost.

Not unexpected to see him blame our best batsman for his own exclusion.

Haris Sohail and Babar are our best batsmen. If you drop any of them, it's criminal from you. Period.

It's the same as Dhawan or Rohit getting dropped for the Cup.

He averages over 45 at over 83 strike rate, these stats are mind blowing for Pak batsman, nobody else has this much quality apart from Babar.

He's a complete batsman at ease against the pacers.

Only one bad match of WI where everyone else also failed, if you think that is a reason to drop him, you don't understand cricket.

It's like dropping Kohli for failing in one match. That's the importance of Haris and Babar in our batting lineup.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post

Why isnt Rizwan in the list? He scored couple of 100s against Aus

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Mamoon has been backing Malik for a while now, and he wanted Malik in the world cup at any cost.

Not unexpected to see him blame our best batsman for his own exclusion.

Haris Sohail and Babar are our best batsmen. If you drop any of them, it's criminal from you. Period.

It's the same as Dhawan or Rohit getting dropped for the Cup.

He averages over 45 at over 83 strike rate, these stats are mind blowing for Pak batsman, nobody else has this much quality apart from Babar.

He's a complete batsman at ease against the pacers.

Only one bad match of WI where everyone else also failed, if you think that is a reason to drop him, you don't understand cricket.

It's like dropping Kohli for failing in one match. That's the importance of Haris and Babar in our batting lineup.
    I will tell people the truth about Malik later today. Stay tuned. It will also be my last post ever on Malik, because I don’t want to talk about him anymore.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor management, thats all I can say.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris got 2 centuries in the build up to the world cup.

However I understand why Malik was in the starting lineup, the reason being Malik had a higher acceleration gear and was a better chaser than Haris, or so we thought we knew.

All these qualms can be put to rest now, Haris might have well played the most assured 89 runs by a Pakistani batsman this whole tournament. This is the type of knock that lights up the whole squad in an ambition to do better. This knock can potentially bring back the lost soul of the cricketing team. This is the sort of knock that Sarfraz played against South Africa in the previous world cup that brought the fire back in the side. With this knock I think Malik has been completely replaced by his one time protege.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I will tell people the truth about Malik later today. Stay tuned. It will also be my last post ever on Malik, because I don’t want to talk about him anymore.
    Is this some inside info you know or do you mean the truth of what you think about Malik

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malik isn't worth talking or writing about. It's his PR campaign and political backing which kept him in the team from 2015 till now.

He's one of our most useless players in the last 20 years and should've never been given this much importance.

Anyways

This is about a class batsman Haris Sohail, it's criminal to drop your best batsman.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakistan & political selections, non-selections go hand-in-hand.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I am sorry but if stats are this much clear and yet he’s been benched then Pakistani team management is really stupid. No offence intended but this is not how you deal with talent.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He isn't very good, but as I argued a few weeks ago,he had to bat at 4 because he is better than the others like Malik. Malik was picked to hit spinners but unfortunately never stayed in long enough to ever get close to doing that.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am waiting for this, however I do sympathize with @Mamoon since for a very long time we haven't looked like a team that can't do without Hafeez or Malik. I was very certain both of them were a neccessity and I am very sure we couldn't do without them. Haris, Rizwan, Asif were all names floated over but none of them had a recent match winning performance to write home about (despite the centuries)

I am glad to see a solution to the Malik problem. It only came about if one of the batsmen took the mantle in their hands and stood up to the responsibility of taking the team to a competitive score.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Is this some inside info you know or do you mean the truth of what you think about Malik
    He is a tragic figure and I believe we need to have some empathy for him.

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik was bailing Pakistan out time and time again when Haris was on the sidelines. It is possible to praise Haris without criticizing a man of honor like Malik.

He said he will retire from ODIs after the World Cup and he will stay true to his word. What more do you want from him? Apologize to the nation for not performing?
    You are being your usual sarcastic self, right? RIGHT?

I usually enjoy reading your views but your views on Malik make me doubt your credibility sometimes. Just for fun, can you list a bunch of "bailouts" that the legendary sher has provided in the past few years?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game View Post
    You are being your usual sarcastic self, right? RIGHT?

I usually enjoy reading your views but your views on Malik make me doubt your credibility sometimes. Just for fun, can you list a bunch of "bailouts" that the legendary sher has provided in the past few years?
    I will write my views on him later today in his support thread. You can criticize it anyway you want, but I want to get out because people are only looking at one side of his story.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some also mentioned here that when this question (Why wasnt he selected in the games before this) was raised to WASIM by Mark Nicholas for which Waz didnt reply and neglect that question subtly.. Wasim is a fan of malik..

This is the situation with the team and the fans. They would want their favorite player to play ahead of another competent player always... only a miserable loss to India can change things, till then it will be nullified by him and his mafia
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 23rd June 2019 at 19:33.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We weren't in this situation because of Malik, the reason we never replaced Malik was nobody wanted to take the bull by the horns like Haris did today. This is can be a potential match winning, and career changing knock.

I feel happy for Haris since the guy had his career savaged by injuries, he was in the position of Azam in the last world cup, then lost out on 2-3 years of cricket and came back in the side to be on the bench, or Babar or Malik/Hafeez's replacement. The guy has stood out and has very good experience to boot of playing in his seocnd world cup. Without a doubt in this second time he has looked the most assured and most classy off all of our batsmen. Including a few arrogant ones that bat at a strike rate of 70.

Welcome Haris Sohail, this knock is a memorable one for me regardless of how this game turns out for us.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik isn't worth talking or writing about. It's his PR campaign and political backing which kept him in the team from 2015 till now.

He's one of our most useless players in the last 20 years and should've never been given this much importance.

Anyways

This is about a class batsman Haris Sohail, it's criminal to drop your best batsman.
    For a while Malik was the only assured batsman in our lineup, you only have to go as far as Asia Cup 2018 to see that. We have known for a while Malik is a different batsman on Asian pitches, while on the more bouncier pitches he is occassionally a good batsman but not very frequently.

Having said that none of Haris, Rizwan or Asif gave any assurances that Malik can be replaced. I blame our bench not Malik himself. I am glad Haris has taken the responsibility on his shoulders now it has been high time that we needed to replace the deadwood.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He must have been doing a very good job carrying drinks and towels. So good that they didn't want to pick him for the starting XI.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hated on Malik for a very long time, but I do feel sympathy for him. He has been in this situation many times as a player it just feels he is mentally not one of the strongest and that has been his wrong doing. We thought Champions Trophy was a one off but that is not the case. His demons are the English pitches and he cannot get over these demons anytime.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Sohail has played one of the all time great world cup innings today.

He is only 30 years old.

If he works on his fitness and injury permitting he should be an automatic choice for all future ODI's now Inshallah.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny darko View Post
    pakistan & political selections, non-selections go hand-in-hand.
    It's remarkable how BCCI managed to overcome political interference and nepotism, given India is as corrupt a country. 20 years ago things used to be as bad for India as well.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Sohail is unfit and has an issue with his knee. Although he deserves to be in the XI, we have to find a replacement asap since he is prone to injuries.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakWarrior View Post

He is only 30 years old.

If he works on his fitness and injury permitting he should be an automatic choice for all future ODI's now Inshallah.
    Not sure if can be classed as all time great knock, but Haris played like we all know he plays. Gutted that guys like Malik and Asif were preferred over him.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoCrat View Post
    It's remarkable how BCCI managed to overcome political interference and nepotism, given India is as corrupt a country. 20 years ago things used to be as bad for India as well.
    How else do you think players like Jadhav, Shankar, Vinay Kumar, Moht sharma make it to Indian team regularly.

There are issues here too and we don’t understand the point of backing some players

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    For a while Malik was the only assured batsman in our lineup, you only have to go as far as Asia Cup 2018 to see that.
    Too far back for those with a memory of a goldfish like @aliasad1998 to remember

But dont worry i have recommended a book about cricket to him and he is learning about the game

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakWarrior View Post
    Lol.. Talk about hyperbole.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifaqat View Post
    Too far back for those with a memory of a goldfish like @aliasad1998 to remember

But dont worry i have recommended a book about cricket to him and he is learning about the game
    Bad day for this guy since his favourite Malik has been owned. I feel for you. Really do. Now stop obsessing over me instead of Malik

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Haris Sohail in the England games and apart from on game he didn't do much and seemed very slow and in same games Asif Ali was going big guns. I guess things change too quickly in this day and age, one series doesn't make or break a player.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showed Babar how to build innings even if you are a slow mover.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Imad Wasim

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But But But Malik ad Hafeez are backbone of this WC team

Seniority culture has to stop In Pakistan team

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Want nothing from Malik the guy has no self respect anyway. It's his fans that dont understand cricket but cling onto him due to his name

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but if stats are this much clear and yet he’s been benched then Pakistani team management is really stupid. No offence intended but this is not how you deal with talent.
    We also have a similar case in bowling: Usman Shinwari

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherazkhalid View Post
    I saw Haris Sohail in the England games and apart from on game he didn't do much and seemed very slow and in same games Asif Ali was going big guns. I guess things change too quickly in this day and age, one series doesn't make or break a player.
    https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...an-in-eng-2019

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...an-in-eng-2019

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But...but... we need Malik because he is "calm".

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think Haris suffered because he is more of a classical batsman and after the runfests during the England series we got obsessed with big hitters even though the likes of Asif Ali had not been proven in real competition. We forgot that Haris actually scored runs in the 2015 world cup so he had some pedigree.

Big hitters are worth their weight in gold if they are genuine quality, but in our desperation we turned to half-cooked hacks.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I think Haris suffered because he is more of a classical batsman and after the runfests during the England series we got obsessed with big hitters even though the likes of Asif Ali had not been proven in real competition. We forgot that Haris actually scored runs in the 2015 world cup so he had some pedigree.

Big hitters are worth their weight in gold if they are genuine quality, but in our desperation we turned to half-cooked hacks.
    He was dropped for Malik though, not Asif.

Malik isn't a hitter.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn’t have enough senior magic

We have to give some izzat to Professor and Malik

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't factually correct.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Haris apparently has a very serious knee problem very similar to the knee problems Akhtar faced, doctors have already told him he will not have a very long career in the sport.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Haris apparently has a very serious knee problem very similar to the knee problems Akhtar faced, doctors have already told him he will not have a very long career in the sport.
    I noticed him down on his knees after imad was running doubles

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Yeah that was what Shoaib akhtar was addressing in one of the show.It's sad really he is very talented.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Haris can be looked after well and managed properly he could become one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsmen.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris should be batting at 4. That one inning from Hafeez seems to have completely confused them.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is way better than Hafeez Malik Asif Akmal

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways

This is what I wanted to write but you beat me to it. Malik had no business of being part of Pakistan team and was only there for political reason, period.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Whilst sohail has suffered from injuries, hes simply been kept out of side because malik/hafeez have had usually no merit selection infront of him. Maliks continual inclusion for so long has been a joke.

Sohail has just seemed an easy target to drop when things go wrong wiv team.

Pakistani cricket politics for you.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It shows the lack of patience as they dropped him after one failure. He is our best batsman against the big teams.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Whilst sohail has suffered from injuries, hes simply been kept out of side because malik/hafeez have had usually no merit selection infront of him. Maliks continual inclusion for so long has been a joke.

Sohail has just seemed an easy target to drop when things go wrong wiv team.

Pakistani cricket politics for you.
    +1 exactly what I wanted to say

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amazing explanation from Safraz about Haris’ exclusion

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Haris Sohail is no world-beater to be honest here. It´s just one good innings. However, what a good innings it was and what a time to perform for Pakistan. A Pakistan batsman batting at a high strike-rate like he did is itself a rarity. So he deserves all the applause here. I can´t believe that they played a nobody like Malik over him. Again, I know it´s just one innings but the point here is that Malik has transformed into a nobody as a cricketer the last 11 years or so. Even my two and a half year old nephew should be played ahead of him, or Pakistan should simply play with 10 players if the need be.

All in all, congratulations to Pakistan on such a clinical performance, except of course from the fielding department. Dropped catches..... what more can I say? we´ve all exhausted our keyboards on this ever since the forum has come into being, yet it makes no difference. Against any other team other than this average South African team, they could prove very, very costly - and they´ve already in the tournament against Australia!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was ridiculous to drop Sohail for Malik , i was never on the bandwagon that Sohail is no good etc, he sometimes can get bogged down but he has a lot of shots and puts price on his wicket,

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    He should have been PAK's No. 4 in ODI & No. 6 in Test from 01 April 2011......... he wasn't for a reason and that was certainly not his knees. I am afraid, same fate might be awaiting for Saud Shakeel as well.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Also, one thing that I´ve known about Haris is, and it´s a frustrating fact, that he gets his eye in, plays such pleasing strokes, promises much and then gets out in the mid-30s or 40s. So I hope that this innings gives him the platform to improve on that.

Also, he has put on a lot of weight recently, hasn´t he? He wasn´t this "healthy" the last time I saw him. The tummy worries me a little for an international sportsman - as does Sarfraz´s. However, I seek pardon in advance if both have any medical issues behind all this, as you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    What did he say?

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He should have been PAK's No. 4 in ODI & No. 6 in Test from 01 April 2011......... he wasn't for a reason and that was certainly not his knees. I am afraid, same fate might be awaiting for Saud Shakeel as well.
    Yeah. This is why I became big hater of Misbah as he kept denying guys like Harris a chance to settle in the side.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    It shows the lack of patience as they dropped him after one failure. He is our best batsman against the big teams.
    South Africa have been really poor this WC. The real test is against New Zealand, and if we somehow make the semis.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    What did he say?