User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"Babar Azam played one of the best innings I have ever seen" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking at the end of the New Zealand v Pakistan game:

The crowd always supports the Pakistan team when we play here so I want to say thank you very much to them for their support

We didnt field well in previous matches so we worked hard in our practice sessions and the way we fielded today was good for us

The way we played today is a great team effort and the credit first goes to the bowlers, in the way Amir started and Shaheen Shah Afridi also bowled well

The batting by Babar Azam and Haris Sohail was one of the finest batting I have ever seen

This was a tricky pitch and we knew that 238 was not an easy target so our message to the batsmen was to play the 50 overs

Credit goes to Babar Azam in the way he batted and excelled today

For me, he played one of the best innings I have ever seen

Also the way Haris Sohail handled the pressure, as its not an easy task to bat here

We arent thinking of 1992 World Cup, we are going match by match so now our focus is the next match so hopefully we will do well as a team

We are very confident and hopefully we will do very well in the next 2 matches

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You should've been thinking match by match from the start and not 10 matches ahead against India. You likely wouldn't have found yourself in this position.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Harris played a gem also
    Can’t believe we wasted so much time with Asif and Malik

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's not get carried away with this win. Pakistan still has to beat two more games to qualify for the semis. Unless, you are a team with several match-winners, no average team can sustain consistent high level performance.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's huge coming from a Pakistani bat.

Never thought I would see a Pakistani performing with the bat in a do or die game and that too in the world cup on a tough wicket.

Just wonderful!

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar and haris's partnership on a killer pitch , which had huge spin and cloud cover , against a rampant boult and fergie , in a must win game to remain in the wc, is probably the greatest pakistani partnership in odi's i have ever seen!
    And i have been watching pak cricket for over 35 years!

Well played babar and haris!
    May this partnership continue in this manner and win pak the wc, inshaAllah!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Babar and haris's partnership on a killer pitch , which had huge spin and cloud cover , against a rampant boult and fergie , in a must win game to remain in the wc, is probably the greatest pakistani partnership in odi's i have ever seen!

I forgot to mention, this partnership was batting second with scoreboard pressure!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post

Agreed bro. Legendary stuff.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently our players get turned on thru abuse, insult, and awaam’s loss of hope.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt. It was a stuff of legends. Innings like these make you legends and GOATs. You have to play these type of innings over and over to be considered a GOAT.

Badly need Fakhar to fire or it will be curtains for him too like Hassan Ali.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno why I have this deja vu feeling of Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal when they chased down a small 180 odd against Australia in the 2011 world cup group match which also ended their unbeaten streak. When both of them were walking off the pitch I thought to myself this is the future of Pakistan batting. I hope I am not wrong about Babar and Haris they look fantastic prospects for the years to come. I am happy for both of them

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible considering the minefield.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    I dunno why I have this deja vu feeling of Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal when they chased down a small 180 odd against Australia in the 2011 world cup group match which also ended their unbeaten streak. When both of them were walking off the pitch I thought to myself this is the future of Pakistan batting. I hope I am not wrong about Babar and Haris they look fantastic prospects for the years to come. I am happy for both of them
    UA had a rather tragic ending just like how Harris wad struggling to get inside this mediocre battinh line up. It's a fact that seniority,nepotism and favouritism rule Pakistan cricket which is why merit is never implemented amd more talented players have to sit out for rather mediocre players.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    UA had a rather tragic ending just like how Harris wad struggling to get inside this mediocre battinh line up. It's a fact that seniority,nepotism and favouritism rule Pakistan cricket which is why merit is never implemented amd more talented players have to sit out for rather mediocre players.
    Still hope for umar, he is still young and if he changes his mindset, after seeing what his cousin has done in this wc, and is motivated to buckle down and sort himself out, he could still make it back into the pak team!