Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"No reason to say sorry. We didn't come home with 2-4 points, we had 11 points" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

"The way we came back in the last 4 games was outstanding"

"Unfortunately we couldn't qualify for the semis, we accept that we didn't perform well in the initial games but the last 4 games were outstanding. We didn't qualify due to NRR"

"As a team, we performed well. All the players, seniors and juniors all played their roles and I am happy with everyone. I would like to thank the coaching staff for all their hard work"

"After the India match, it was a tough time for us but Mickey Arthur and the team management kept the team together"

"We had a tough time in London after the India match. Not only the incident with me, there were other incidents as well which we did report. This was a very tough time"

"We had NRR in our minds and we tried to win matches by good margins when possible. But towards the end, the pitches changed and you couldn't really play fast cricket on them. We had a few matches finish in the death overs"

"When you play poorly, there is criticism and we played poorly in the first few games. But as long as criticism is on cricket, it's fine. Unfortunately after the India game, a lot of things happened that hurt the players mentally. It's not like we weren't hurt by the loss, we were hurt just as much as all followers of the Pakistan team"

"Some incidents came to be known but some things aren't known to the public, which we reported to the management"

"In the initial matches I was batting at my number, but when we changed the team I gave my batting position to Haris Sohail and his performances are there for all to see. I also like batting higher up the order and performing. Hafeez bhai was our senior player and I tried to make use of his experience. I wanted to make him bat at one position in the World Cup, that's what you try to do to get the maximum performance out of senior players"

"My performances were average but all thanks to Allah, I am satisfied as a captain and as a player with my performances"

"Decisions aren't in my hand, PCB will decide what is better for the team"

"Inzi bhai is the Chief Selector and he was with the team for the 1st 4-5 matches. We picked the team with mutual consultation between Inzi bhai, Mickey and myself in the first 5 games. We all try to play the best team, sometimes we don't get the right results"

"There's no truth to the speculations of a rift with Mickey Arthur"

"Shoaib bhai was a senior player of the team, we wanted him to go out in a nice way but unfortunately he couldn't play the last match as we retained the team combination. We did what we could do for him with a team farewell for him"

"I didn't say we can score 500 runs, I said if there is a miracle we can do it. When I went to the ground people were saying Shabash make 500, I said yes insha'Allah. I said that if there is a miracle of some kind then we can make 500 and bowl the opposition out for 100"

"Don't make a headline saying Sarfaraz said I won't leave captaincy. It's up to the PCB, they made me the captain and going forward, they will also decide who is best for Pakistan cricket"

"The players that we wanted were all part of the team. Besides Wahab Riaz, all the players have been part of the team in recent times. We felt the conditions were such that we needed an express bowled that's why we called him up"

"Players try to perform, some of them do. No one wants to not perform. It's bad luck that some players who played couldn't perform"

"I was planning to bat at #5 in the World Cup and that was the plan initially, Hafeez bhai at 4, myself at 5 and Shoaib bhai at 6. We had to change the team and the batsman we brought in was a top order batsman so I wanted to give him a proper number and I didn't want to change Hafeez bhai's number as I wanted to give him one number and get the best performances out of him. If I was concerned about my own number, I could have put Haris at 6 but I knew he is a good player and that he will perform well higher up the order. I didn't think about myself, I thought about the team and Haris' performances are there for you to see"

"We took Hasnain because he could bowl fast. In the playing XI we initially went with senior bowlers, Hasan, Wahab and Amir. Hasan played the first 5 games, he didn't take wickets but he kept working hard. The good thing about him is that he gives his full effort. After that, Shaheen Shah Afridi replaced him and we saw his performances. We tried to not change the bowling too much, it was Hasnain's bad luck that he couldn't play. In one match, we played 4 pacers against Australia but we couldn't do that in any of the other games"

"I promote Hasan and Wahab when 3-4 overs are left, I don't send them to bat for 10-15 overs above myself"

"There is no reason to say sorry. We worked hard. We didn't come back home with 2-4 points, we had 11 points. OK, we didn't perform well in the first 5 games which we accept, but the performance wasn't as bad as some people are making it out to be"

"Most of the players in the team are quite young, there's no seniors besides Hafeez bhai and Shoaib bhai. If I get the chance, we will look to the upcoming assignments like the T20 World Cup, we have a good T20 team but we can improve on it further. We need to induct some players who can play better according to T20s"

"We tried to not make too many changes in the team. Fakhar in some matches started well, sometimes he didn't. Fakhar is one of our best players, good and bad times come for everyone. He was in form in the England series and he tried his best and he's still one of our best players"

"I don't know the details of the new domestic cricket system. With the old system, we won in 92, 2009, 2017, became the #1 Test team, and we are the #1 T20I team"

"It's good that the number of teams in 4 day cricket is reduced, 6 teams is good, maybe 2 more teams would be even better. I have heard there are 16 teams in One Day and T20. In 4 day cricket, if there are few teams then there will be more quality. But if there's 2 more teams, it can be even better. 4 day cricket should be all about quality, players are made and polished in Test cricket. There's many examples of players who were polished in 4 day cricket and who went on to perform in all formats. My point of view is that more quality in 4 day cricket will lead to better quality of players"

"After the India match, we took 2 days off. Then before practice, I had a meeting with the 15 players alone. I told them that the coaching staff is doing their best and preparing us adequately but as a team, we're making some mistakes due to which we are falling short. We spoke quite a bit, everyone gave their opinions. We wanted to put the past results behind and focus ont he upcoming matches. I want to give credit to the boys for their response and for the way they fought back. We won the matches due to team performances. 10-15 runs were even vital. Shadab's 10 runs against Afghanistan were also vital, compared to Imad and Wahab's innings"

"We wanted Asif Ali to play as late in the innings as possible. We wanted to play him at #7 but against Afghanistan, we wanted to play 5 bowlers due to the conditions so we couldn't play him"

"There were many incidents that happened, not just the one with me. There were incidents with the other players in malls, lots of things happened. On the ground as well, things happened and we reported all these incidents. I am thankful to all the fans who came to support us, it was amazing. Outside Pakistan, we got so much support at many of the grounds with a majority Pakistan support"

In response to a question about whether India may have deliberately lost to England, Sarfaraz said "Naheen Yar aisee koyee baat naheen hai" [No, this is not the case"]
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th July 2019 at 22:54.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís mindset! Shabash!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139į N, 77.2090į E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he is satisfied with the performance.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    Looks like he is satisfied with the performance.
    An average player satisfied with an average performance. Talk about setting the bar low

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol if this is the mentality nothing will change with Pakistan cricket. Yes it was a respectable achievement but not getting to the semis at least is not good enough for Pakistan.

Also Sarfraz clearly wanted Hafeez at 4 as he has just said it here . So his fans need to question their hero why a senior player is backed over someone who is actually better than Hafeez at 4. Just shows he can't stand up to senior players and has no tactics.

Also this notion that sending tailenders over him is selfless is garbage. Why is he batting at 5 and 6 if he cant hit big ? What use is having a batter at these positions if they can't hit 4s and 6s consistently ? He isnt good enough to bat in the top 4 and he can't hit big, really don't understand this guys use in ODIs.

I hope Pakistan cricket can move on from this average cricketer. If we cant produce a better player and captain than this guy we should close down our cricket. He has been given enough time and there is more than enough proof to show he is not good enough.

I fear the PCB will stick with him due to a few wins. And that if that is the case , expect more performances like the 13 match losing streak. Players don't want to play for a guy who shouts at players when he doesn't make the team on merit and a player who fitness levels are garbage. I cannot take this guy as captain anymore. He is one of the main reasons why I am so negative about the team. I don't see anything inspirational in him. Players like this arent meant to win WCs that is why I find delusional posters predicting a team led by this pathetic player would win the WC.

Time to move on from him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i Watch his press conference after listening him for 5 minutes i tune off the youtube stream .This guy have lost it completely and half the time he doesnot know what he is talking about .

pakistan standard is far higher than this and he should have answer that particular question better .Pcb do us a favor and end the misery for fan and sarfraz .
    Last edited by saeed5646; 7th July 2019 at 18:10.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez@4 himself@5 Malik@6 was part of their plan.
    And they wanted to win the Cup . Shabash!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fact he thinks his performances were fine just sum up the minnow mentality right now. He was very poor in this WC. It wasnt due to his performance or captaincy we made a come back.

Faf Du Plessis who actually performed with the bat still said he wasn't happy with his performances. Someone who is the worst performer in the team is happy with his performances. How will this inspire his team? If you want to still back this guy after these comments , you are the ones with the agenda against Pakistan cricket . Not people like Mamoon and MRSN who are bang on the money about this guy.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A loss to Ind & not reaching semis is a flop world cup.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol if this is the mentality nothing will change with Pakistan cricket. Yes it was a respectable achievement but not getting to the semis at least is not good enough for Pakistan.

Also Sarfraz clearly wanted Hafeez at 4 as he has just said it here . So his fans need to question their hero why a senior player is backed over someone who is actually better than Hafeez at 4. Just shows he can't stand up to senior players and has no tactics.

Also this notion that sending tailenders over him is selfless is garbage. Why is he batting at 5 and 6 if he cant hit big ? What use is having a batter at these positions if they can't hit 4s and 6s consistently ? He isnt good enough to bat in the top 4 and he can't hit big, really don't understand this guys use in ODIs.

I hope Pakistan cricket can move on from this average cricketer. If we cant produce a better player and captain than this guy we should close down our cricket. He has been given enough time and there is more than enough proof to show he is not good enough.

I fear the PCB will stick with him due to a few wins. And that if that is the case , expect more performances like the 13 match losing streak. Players don't want to play for a guy who shouts at players when he doesn't make the team on merit and a player who fitness levels are garbage. I cannot take this guy as captain anymore. He is one of the main reasons why I am so negative about the team. I don't see anything inspirational in him. Players like this arent meant to win WCs that is why I find delusional posters predicting a team led by this patheti player would win the WC.

Time to move on from him.
    Yes as long as hes in the team i really dont have any hope.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "No reason to say sorry. We didn't come home with 2-4 points, we had 11 points"

Sarfaraz is right

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Indian, I must say I'm surprised how Sarfaraz has managed to spin this off as an acceptable performance. He should NOT be satisfied with his performance.

Saying "as a team" and "as a captain", "Allah ka shukr" is just not addressing the issue.

Why could't the team meeting be held before the India game? Why not immediately after the WI loss?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The captain should be sacked immediately he doesn't even deserve a place in his team and he says that he is satisfied with his performance?!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Yes as long as hes in the team i really dont have any hope.
    Agreed. Keeping him as captain shows we are happy with mediocre performances . Also shows we just want to go to WCs and hope for the best . Rather than prepare like the current semi finalists have. Which is the correct mentality to have rather than our stupid unpredictable mindset.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His interview clearly points out why Pakistan didnít qualify and heís fully responsible. Senior worshiping

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "In the initial matches I was batting at my number, but when we changed the team I gave my batting position to Haris Sohail and his performances are there for all to see. I also like batting higher up the order and performing. Hafeez bhai was our senior player and I tried to make use of his experience. I wanted to make him bat at one position in the World Cup, that's what you try to do to get the maximum performance out of senior players"

It seems like he feels like he owns the batting position given to Haris. Maybe it's his English, but feels a bit entitled....

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Secondly he needs to be dropped because Rizwan is clearly superior in every facet compared to sarf

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Hafeez@4 himself@5 Malik@6 was part of their plan.
    And they wanted to win the Cup . Shabash!
    Shameless stuff from Sarfaraz

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bit about citing Haris and Hafeez when asked about his own batting position makes no sense! He uses diametrically opposite logic to simultaneously justify not coming in before Hafeez and for promoting Haris ahead of himself! Sounds like he made it up on the spot...as in he started talking and made the reason on the way.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Acha G. So we are minnows now.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well done. Pakistani fans is getting more than what they bargained for and that should be the end of it.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinking_Cap View Post

It seems like he feels like he owns the batting position given to Haris. Maybe it's his English, but feels a bit entitled....
    This is what I meant. How come this doesn't apply to himself? Isn't he a senior himself?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Sarfraz, Pakistan performed better than expected.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Interview was in Urdu.

This response was in answer to a question about his batting position. The journo was asking why he didn't bat higher up the order, when his performances at #4/5 are comparatively better.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the attitude hence why Pakistan has been in low ranked position. And why Pakistan didn't go for the effort in the last match. We tolerated in the last two years because we thought we might win the ODI WC. Judging by the attitude, we are not going anywhere and precisely why @Mamoon is right as to why Pakistan didn't deserve to be in semi final.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So inzi was involved with selecting the playing 11 😡
    He has no business doing that!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finishing 5th is a good achievement for a minnow team. Let's all celebrate.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like seniority is the only thing that matters.
    Why didnt he say he wanted one of our 'best' batsmen to perform at no.4 instead its the seniority that helps you bat at no. 4.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually he went from one extreme to another.

This wasn't a performance where a team should be apologetic. But the way he is satisfied, also shows what the expectation were.

There should be a middle ground where one doesn't need to say sorry but takes step towards improvement. With this attitude, nothing will change.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we didnt make it through to the semi final because we could not perform well , nothing to do with luck.

How can you satisfied with your average performance ? On this statement alone he should be sacked.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow View Post
    That is the attitude hence why Pakistan has been in low ranked position. And why Pakistan didn't go for the effort in the last match. We tolerated in the last two years because we thought we might win the ODI WC. Judging by the attitude, we are not going anywhere and precisely why @Mamoon is right as to why Pakistan didn't deserve to be in semi final.
    Or maybe we just donít have enough good players to be a good ODI team?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This statement is enough to sack him. Minnow mentality

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz's mistake was to trust Hafeez and Shoaib Malik. And to have given them so many chances before the world cup. He should have figured out that they are not world class and will let him down eventually.

Sarfaraz maintained immense composure in the face of severe personal attack and he has to be commended for it. It is easy to criticise others but is impossibly difficult to be on the receiving end and still carry on. He did that and for whatever worth, he led his team with dignity and every commentator on tv was praising him for this reason.

I am a newcomer on PP but I see a lot of hate/anger against him here not just for cricketing reasons but for many other things. That is not good. He is a decent keeper and batsman and has a knack for motivating players, field placements and bowling changes. He needs to let go of his senior worshipping and build a team around the young Babars and Shaheens. It is fine if he is stripped of captaincy too, but keep him in XI, he can still contribute to the team. Perhaps he will play freely without the burden of leadership.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless how bad you have performed, an athlete should never be made to say sorry to a nation. It's a sport, and should be treated like one. Posters here who are calling for him to apologize are the fragile emotional ones who have made this sport life and death matter. Grow up and be mature, Sarfaraz or any cricket team member doesn't owe you folks jack. I don't like Sarfaraz as a player but I wouldn't stoop so low.

Pakistan did quite well in the world cup, stop sobbing over it and get control over your childish emotions.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think it was a decent campaign if you look at it objectively. Our players don't get to play on flat tracks like the English, Aussies, Kiwis and Indians do. We are ranked at sixth but we defeated more teams above our rankings than we lost to those below us (we only lost to WI). If weren't forced to share points with Sri Lanka who knew what could've happened? Coming from behind and winning four games in a row showed a lot of character.

We should've won against Aussies and that is something that will hurt them the most (even more than the loss against WI, I dare say).

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I think it was a decent campaign if you look at it objectively. Our players don't get to play on flat tracks like the English, Aussies, Kiwis and Indians do. We are ranked at sixth but we defeated more teams above our rankings than we lost to those below us (we only lost to WI). If weren't forced to share points with Sri Lanka who knew what could've happened? Coming from behind and winning four games in a row showed a lot of character.

We should've won against Aussies and that is something that will hurt them the most (even more than the loss against WI, I dare say).
    Considering our losing streak and loss to WI after our batting collapse. We canít complain too much. I feared we would lose all matches but we somehow won 5 and potentially 6(if we didnít have a washout against SL).

Canít really expect too much from this team.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If we were BD or WI yes a good campaign. But for Pakistan another complete failure at the WC. 7th in a row.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absolute minnow mentality from "best captain since IK"

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak reached semis only once in the last 5 world cup. It is a mediocre team with low performance standards & expectations. ODI series whitewash against New Zealand & England followed by this World Cup performance should’ve been enough for any other Captain to lose his job, but since this is Pakistan we should expect Sarfaraz to milk his fluke Champions Trophy victory for a few more years.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All this Bhai stuff and nonsense senior culture has to leave for us to make any true progress.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should be mandatory for the captain, coach, chief selector to be sacked if they fail to win the wc!!!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 6th ranked team with 11 points is an amazing achievement. No need to say sorry. We should say well done.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey, inzi and safaraz should be sacked for thinking a middle order of hafeez, safaraz and malik could win the world cup!
    DELUSIONAL!!!
    ALL 5 PEOPLE MENTIONED ABOVE.ARE THE REASON WE FAILED!!
    SACK THEM!!!!!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why they didn't even try the mission impossible vs bangla.
    They wanted to come up with this drivel , that they achieved 11 points!!!
    More interested in saving their necks, then trying to stay in the competition!!!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lets see how good is Wasim Khan. If he agree with this and keep him and the team management along with non-performing players than we are doom.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    A 6th ranked team with 11 points is an amazing achievement. No need to say sorry. We should say well done.
    Loser mentality!!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what's Wasim Khan opinion? Is he satisfied as well?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Lets see how good is Wasim Khan. If he agree with this and keep him and the team management along with non-performing players than we are doom.
    Too much made about this bloke, he will do what hes told to do, its his job and a very well payed one at that!!
    Hes just an admin bloke, you guys are making him out to be some cricketing genius!!!
    Ain't nothing gonna change!!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He states that his performances were average but he was satisfied with them?

Come on man!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    All this Bhai stuff and nonsense senior culture has to leave for us to make any true progress.
    I agree, is this a professional cricket team or a wedding parade(bharat)!!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    He states that his performances were average but he was satisfied with them?

Come on man!
    Less than mediocre cricketer will be satisfied with average performances!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some sympathy towards saf because pak got ko by nrr.
    But after this interview, i am fuming!!
    SACK HIM !!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the wrong mentality. If you are willing to accept and settle for mediocrity then at the very onset, you have lowered the bar and you will never go too far. If this is Sarfraz's though process then, on this alone disqualifies him to lead the side. It is sad if the youngster's are being guided by such a captain

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    I agree, is this a professional cricket team or a wedding parade(bharat)!!!
    Stop writing rubbish. Do you even know what's a wedding parade?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all those who say this was a good world cup for pak, let me tell you i absolutely disagree!!
    I only watch the wc, to see pak win, if pak doesn't think winning the world cup is the only objective, please let me know next time, as i won't waste my time and watch!!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sack this clown ASAP. Enough.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Stop writing rubbish. Do you even know what's a wedding parade?
    Yes because i'm been married for almost 20 years!!!
    Your just upset because i want NZ to win the semi!!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khan12 View Post
    sack this clown asap. Enough.
    potw!!!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Too much made about this bloke, he will do what hes told to do, its his job and a very well payed one at that!!
    Hes just an admin bloke, you guys are making him out to be some cricketing genius!!!
    Ain't nothing gonna change!!!
    But, that's Wasim Khan's job to choose selectors (Recently he appointed new selectors for our Women team and A/U19/U16 teams), Also he has power to sack Sarfraz and team management and get new people.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    If we were BD or WI yes a good campaign. But for Pakistan another complete failure at the WC. 7th in a row.
    And meanwhile India have qualified for the semis yet again!

What if they win the WC again? The shock, the horror!

The gap will be 3-1 then but do some of the Pak fans care? Noooo! They just want Sarfaraz to remain the captain for lets just say non cricketing reasons..

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, that's Wasim Khan's job to choose selectors (Recently he appointed new selectors for our Women team and A/U19/U16 teams), Also he has power to sack Sarfraz and team management and get new people.
    He is just an admin bloke from small heath, don't expect miracles!!!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Sarfraz doesn’t play World T20 for us. Average T20 player.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th July 2019 at 19:54.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitCricFan View Post
    That's the wrong mentality. If you are willing to accept and settle for mediocrity then at the very onset, you have lowered the bar and you will never go too far. If this is Sarfraz's though process then, on this alone disqualifies him to lead the side. It is sad if the youngster's are being guided by such a captain
    Truer words have never been spoken!!!
    Saf is a disgrace!!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes right

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM97 View Post
    I hope Sarfraz doesnít play World T20 for us. Average T20 player.
    I hope he never plays for pak in any format ever again!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Hes right
    Who?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifaqat View Post
    And meanwhile India have qualified for the semis yet again!

What if they win the WC again? The shock, the horror!

The gap will be 3-1 then but do some of the Pak fans care? Noooo! They just want Sarfaraz to remain the captain for lets just say non cricketing reasons..
    Pak fans and PCB need to look at Pakistan cricket not as a ratio of World Cup wins of India and WC wins by Pakistan.

The need of the hours is calm and rational decision making. If Pakistan cricket establishment puts long term thinking in place and builds an organization and infrastructure then over the years Pakistan would be at par with the top 3 in the game.

Past records of how many ODIs India or Pakistan have won against one another or how many bilateral tests which team has won more, is not and should not be the criteria. Such a mindset will only result in short term knee jerk reactions.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sarfaraz is not sacked as captain then I will flat out refuse to watch Pakistan play again!

Thats not a threat but a promise..

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he never plays for pak in any format ever again!!
    Iíd keep him in Test cricket, he was pretty decent in test format last year. As for LOI, i hope he retires, the guy canít even hit a ball outside the 30 yard circle.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who?
    the thread is about sarfraz's statement so obviously what he said.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think, the only way major sackings will occur , is if india win the world cup!!!
    Otherwise l, everything will be sweeped under the carpet.
    What a terrible dilemma, no change to pak team and management or an india victory!!!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hes right
    You have to be always contradictory with others!!! If you don't have high expectation and happy with no. 6-no. 9 does not mean that's the standard PCB has to follow. Typical looser mentality.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the thread is about sarfraz's statement so obviously what he said.
    I thought so, just couldn't believe someone who supports pakistan cricket team would agree with what safaraz has said!!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keeps ur bhais happy sarfraz thats only what matters to you, fans are all emotional fools. Or may be thts the only way you can maintain your spot in the side.
    Bas bhai bhai ye bhai wo bhai . What a timid personality

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I honestly think, the only way major sackings will occur , is if india win the world cup!!!
    Otherwise l, everything will be sweeped under the carpet.
    What a terrible dilemma, no change to pak team and management or an india victory!!!
    If they are serious there will be change regardless India win or loose!!!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíd keep him in Test cricket, he was pretty decent in test format last year. As for LOI, i hope he retires, the guy canít even hit a ball outside the 30 yard circle.
    Rizwan i think would be a better test batsman and wicketkeeper in tests!!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe we just don’t have enough good players to be a good ODI team?
    It is all about attitude. Even if you have cornered tigers, they won’t win with this attitude.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are serious there will be change regardless India win or loose!!!
    It takes a MAJOR outcry by pak fans before pcb do anything drastic!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I thought so, just couldn't believe someone who supports pakistan cricket team would agree with what safaraz has said!!
    for what should he say sorry?

His team came 5th good enough. We did better than expected.

India, Australia and England are better teams than Paksitan. It is well known fact.

I dont understand what you guys think our team is....... Do bother to compare yourself to other teams.

We came 5th, got 11 points. Pakistan was no favourites.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Pak cricket. Accepting mediocrity is the new notion of our country.