Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Why milk and not the urine?
    It is not mandatory for a Muslim to drink camel urine. It is just in a hadith.

Camel milk looks delicious (saw some photos on Google Images).

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post

What I am asking is that both Camel urine and milk are mentioned yet you focus milk. Why is that? Are you saying that drinking urine is disgusting?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am asking is that both Camel urine and milk are mentioned yet you focus milk. Why is that? Are you saying that drinking urine is disgusting?
    I am not going to call it disgusting. It is just that I drink a lot of milk and I want to try out milks from other animals (if halal).

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not going to call it disgusting. It is just that I drink a lot of milk and I want to try out milks from other animals (if halal).
    You donít think drinking is disgusting and a health risk?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You donít think drinking is disgusting and a health risk?
    Not at all. I do not think it is disgusting and I don't think it possesses health risk. Many people drink it and I doubt everyone gets sick. People who get sick probably do so for other reasons.

As a matter of fact, I will not be surprised if it turns out to be cure for many complex diseases (including cancer).

I don't trust big pharma companies and their sponsored "researches".

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not at all. I do not think it is disgusting and I don't think it possesses health risk. Many people drink it and I doubt everyone gets sick. People who get sick probably do so for other reasons.

As a matter of fact, I will not be surprised if it turns out to be cure for many complex diseases (including cancer).

I don't trust big pharma companies and their sponsored "researches".
    Youíve convinced me.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Using miswak is not a sunnah; the sunnah is to practice oral hygiene.

The Prophet (pbuh) used miswak because there was no toothpaste and mouthwash etc. in 7 CE.

Using miswak today because it is a sunnah is like riding a camel and sleeping on a bed made out of palm leaves. It serves absolutely no purpose.
    Just to pick you up on an incorrect analogy here.
    There are lots of hadith that tell you the virtues of using a miswak, but none about sleeping on bed made out of palm leaves and riding a camel.
    That's why people continue to use it, and not necessarily ride camels
    Last edited by Abdullah; 16th July 2019 at 00:17.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    There are lots of hadith that tell you the virtues of using a miswak, but none about sleeping on bed made out of palm leaves and riding a camel.
    Lost all hope for muslims around the world

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    That is because there was no toothpaste, mouthwash, floss etc. at that time. Hence, the Prophet PBUH emphasized on the benefits of miswak.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because there was no toothpaste, mouthwash, floss etc. at that time. Hence, the Prophet PBUH emphasized on the benefits of miswak.
    Don't worry about it mate, I'm unsure you get what I'm trying to say

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about it mate, I'm unsure you get what I'm trying to say
    What is your point? That miswak is good for your teeth or is better than modern dental products?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your point? That miswak is good for your teeth or is better than modern dental products?
    It was the analogy of yours where u said it's the same as why people don't use camels and leave woven beds today.

It's not, because there are virtues for using miswak ( and not general oral hygiene)
    With conveyance there are virtues about what you supplicate when you mount ( whatever it may be- not necesarily a camel)
    The prophet didn't mention general oral hygiene virtues but specifically virtues of using miswak. Hence there's a difference.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    It was the analogy of yours where u said it's the same as why people don't use camels and leave woven beds today.

It's not, because there are virtues for using miswak ( and not general oral hygiene)
    With conveyance there are virtues about what you supplicate when you mount ( whatever it may be- not necesarily a camel)
    The prophet didn't mention general oral hygiene virtues but specifically virtues of using miswak. Hence there's a difference.
    Why do you think he used miswak to clean his teeth. Did he have any alternatives?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you think he used miswak to clean his teeth. Did he have any alternatives?
    Do you get my point about your analogy?
    That's the only reason I participated , in this.
    He didn't have the modern day alternatives, no

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Do you get my point about your analogy?
    That's the only reason I participated , in this.
    He didn't have the modern day alternatives, no
    Correct. He didnít have alternatives which is why he used miswak. That does not mean that it is better the modern day products. I am not implying that miswak is not beneficial at all - my point is that it does not have any exclusive benefits.

Using miswak to clean your teeth is as much a sunnah as riding a camel to go from one place to another.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miswak is way better than modern day tooth brush and toothpaste. An elder i know has never even visited a dentist and the reason is he uses miswak.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. He didn’t have alternatives which is why he used miswak. That does not mean that it is better the modern day products. I am not implying that miswak is not beneficial at all - my point is that it does not have any exclusive benefits.

Using miswak to clean your teeth is as much a sunnah as riding a camel to go from one place to another.
    That's where it's different. The virtues mentioned for miswak are very different to any about riding camels.