User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

BCCI to invite fresh applications for support Staff, Ravi Shastri required to re-apply [Update #42]

The Indian coaching staff, including chief coach Ravi Shastri, might have been handed a 45-day extension after their contract ended with the 2019 World Cup. But the position of assistant coach Sanjay Bangar is under the scanner as certain sections within the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) believes that he should have done a better job. While he is tagged assistant coach, Bangar is the de facto batting coach.

The general belief is that the bowling unit under coach Bharat Arun did exceptionally well in the last year and a half while the team’s fielding under R. Sridhar has also improved a lot. But the same cannot be said of the batting unit and the fact that India failed to find a fixed number four batsman for the showpiece event hasn’t gone down well with the BCCI.

Also Read: No return tickets, Team India stranded in England till World Cup final

Speaking to IANS, a senior BCCI official said that the constant chopping and changing in the middle-order was something that had hurt the Indian team not just in the World Cup, but over the last couple of seasons. And for Bangar to not be able to find a solution is something that reflects poorly on the coach. In fact, Bangar saying that all-rounder Vijay Shankar was fit just before he was ruled out has also been taken note of.

“It was a constant struggle,” the official said. “While we are all supportive of the players and they had a good tournament with the exception of this bad day in office (in the semi-final against New Zealand), the support staff’s processes and decision-making will surely be scrutinised thoroughly prior to any decision being taken about their future.

“Also, it was pretty ordinary stuff when you had Bangar stating to the Indian media contingent that every player was available for selection when Shankar was ruled out early next morning on account of an injury sustained earlier on tour. Things have been somewhat disorganised when it comes to the assessment of performances of the support staff being made by people who were keen on having select individuals continue in their positions.

“The present administration set up including the senior employees were all at sea with cricketing decisions and at the same time were ignoring the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) - comprising of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and V.V.S. Laxman - completely and that’s a shame,” the official said.

In fact, sources in the know of developments within the team have also spoken in hushed tones about how some of the batsmen have had to seek the advice of former batting stars when they have hit a rut.

“Without taking names, it is well documented that a couple of current team members have spoken about how they approached some of the former India batsmen to help them erase flaws in their batting when they were having issues scoring runs,” the source told IANS.

Interestingly, team manager Sunil Subramaniam’s conduct during the showpiece event has also left some of the board officials stunned.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...iIXiz69GM.html

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was looking at his stats

How could such a mediocre batsman be the batting coach of India?

Get Laxman in

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Excellent choice.

I think we should throw out Kohli the captain and allow ATG coach Shastri to work with Rohit.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems like wrong person is being made the scapegoat.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Seems like wrong person is being made the scapegoat.
    I feel the same. When you select these bunch of batsman, no coach can made difference.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I feel the same. When you select these bunch of batsman, no coach can made difference.
    Actually my opinion is slightly different, these same batsmen were smashing every one. India breezed through to the semis on the back of their batting performance. Then one failure and batting coach is fired.

The one failure was due to wrong team/squad selection(coach, captain, selectors) and wrong batting order(coach, captain)

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Actually my opinion is slightly different, these same batsmen were smashing every one. India breezed through to the semis on the back of their batting performance. Then one failure and batting coach is fired.

The one failure was due to wrong team/squad selection(coach, captain, selectors) and wrong batting order(coach, captain)
    Look at the score cards. Only Rohit and to some extent, Kohli was making runs. Rest were same. Only difference was, the platform was set to a point where India can't lose considering bumrah and shami always made the bowling stronger.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Ravi Shastri given extension but axe may fall on Sanjay Bangar after India’s semi-final exit

Of late it has often been said that removing India´s top-order right away converts into a win for you. Although I fully agree with this assessment, but I´d like to know for which team this doesn´t stand true. Which exactly? - on a lot of occasions at least.

Look at some of the great fightbacks of the tournament. England almost chased down 350 odd against Pakistan thanks to an awesome century by Buttler, do not forget Root´s century on the other end, a top-order batsman. Australia recovered quite well yesterday in the semi-final after the early loss of wickets, but who was it down to? Smith obviously, their number three. Liton played a brilliant innings against the West Indies, but look at the contribution from Bangladesh´s top three that day. Coulter-nile and Carey led a fantastic fightback against the West Indies, but can we overlook Smith´s contribution it it? So I don´t find there being anything too unusual in India relying too heavily on their top-order.

However, this is where the problem begins, if you examine India´s matches in which they were knocked out of the tournament, or lost the final last four ICC tournaments.

ODI World Cup 2015, Semi-Final: chasing a huge score of 329, India were 91/3 at one stage. The top three had been dismissed by this point and from thereon it was never going to be an easy task for Dhoni, Rahane, Raina and Jadeja to get the rest of the 238 runs in 32 overs. So the match was almost done and dusted by this time.

World T20 2016, Semi-Final: on the world´s most flat track, India find themselves being 128/2 in 15.3 overs, thanks to one of the worst T20 innings ever by Rahane. He killed India´s chances of getting 200, whereas a good score on that pitch would´ve been over 220. Kohli tried his level best, but.... However, it still wasn´t a top-order collapse though. So it´s still quite acceptable.

ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Final: chasing 339, India were 33/3 in nine overs. The match was over by then. Only a miracle could´ve won India the match.

World Cup 2019, Semi-Final: chasing 240, India were 5/3 in in 3.1 overs. Never easy in a semi-final, in such a high pressure match, that the middle and the lower-order would´ve been able to win the from thereon.

The keyword in all these matches is that they were all semi-finals or a final - matches with immense pressure. In bilateral ODI matches, the batsmen to come might´ve still won maybe three or a couple of those matches, but I would like to be told how many times in the recent history, any middle or lower-order from any team was able to win matches from situations as hopeless as at least three of those. What in particular demand our attention are the last two of these occasions.

So my point basically is, full credit to Rohit and Kohli for their performances throughout those tournaments for getting their teams past the group stage, but when they fail, they make sure that they fail ALL IN UNISON in the most crunch match. This is not necessarily a criticism. However, I do think that they must sort this out. Otherwise, the middle-order can comprise of Shaw, Pant, Gill or whatever the famous names (from domestic cricket) are in the Indian households nowadays, but if the top-order does what it has been doing of late, India will keep getting knocked out in big matches each and every occasion.

I can also understand the thought that, given India´s weak middle and lower-order, the pressure is immense on the top-order to deliver, but that still doesn´t justify or explain why they all three fall like a house of cards, whether it be Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli, or Rahul, Rohit and Kohli.
    Last edited by DHONI183; 12th July 2019 at 22:10.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shastri has no impact on the team’s performance.

He’s paid to be a cheerleader.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shastri should go. It would be better for Indian cricket if Kohli has a coach who will challenge and help him with tactical decisions as he has made too many wrong ones now. BCCI have enough resources to attract a good coach.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone else has been thrown under the bus, while the culprits escape the carnage by giving each other high fives.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanjay Banghar has been there for too long. He has done a wonderful job. Now time to.move on and help young boys.
    Anyone can join as a batting coach to this Indian team, won't make much of a difference

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Was looking at his stats

Get Laxman in
    Mediocre batsman can be a good coach and vice versa. Greg chappell, Miandad, Kapil Dev are good examples. Coaching needs different skill sets.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems India just want to make changes for the sake off it. India did not lose the semi due to poor selection or coaching. Sanjay is just being made a scapegoat here.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli needs to step down. He failed as a leader in two campaigns CT and WC.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Seems India just want to make changes for the sake off it. India did not lose the semi due to poor selection or coaching. Sanjay is just being made a scapegoat here.
    This news could very well be the usual masala by Desi media after a big loss. I remember similiar stories after CT loss too.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuvraj's Dad Yograj having a go at Shastri and Dhoni here. He also insists that Dhoni deliberately lost to England so to oust Pak from the tournament. India and it's fans wanted South Africa to defeat Aussies in the last group match so India get the weaker NZ in the semi's! We know what happened there Jaisi karni waisi bharni. Yograj Singh is a good, honest and impartial man. Hope Indian's here understand Punjabi

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rather keep a guy named banger than a shastri man I do badly wanna see shastri in the commentary box again

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    I rather keep a guy named banger than a shastri man I do badly wanna see shastri in the commentary box again
    He was an awful commentator, very boring, biased and lacks communication skills.

"i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shastri outlived his tenure and will go. Bangar I heard was a very technical coach and should remain. Bowling coach did wonders and will remain as well. Kohli will remain a captain but I think his wings will be clipped a bit. Team did ok, topped the group and was out by a very good bowling unit but his aura has gone down a bit with his personal failure in another knockout.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yuvraj's Dad Yograj having a go at Shastri and Dhoni here. He also insists that Dhoni deliberately lost to England so to oust Pak from the tournament. India and it's fans wanted South Africa to defeat Aussies in the last group match so India get the weaker NZ in the semi's! We know what happened there Jaisi karni waisi bharni. Yograj Singh is a good, honest and impartial man. Hope Indian's here understand Punjabi

I doubt if they tried to oust Pakistan tbh. What's missing in that inning was a Jadeja innings. Otherwise it's the same vs NZ in the SF as well. Dhoni can guide and can use his experience to calculate rpo etc but needs someone at the other end to execute. Pandya's dismissal was the game. As far as NZ SF matchup, havent u seen how desperate Aussies were to win the game against SA? Nobody wanted to face Eng for the obvious reasons. Things fell in place for NZ and their bowling unit executed very well in favorable conditions. However, Eng would have been a different beast as we saw in the second SF.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I doubt if they tried to oust Pakistan tbh. What's missing in that inning was a Jadeja innings. Otherwise it's the same vs NZ in the SF as well. Dhoni can guide and can use his experience to calculate rpo etc but needs someone at the other end to execute. Pandya's dismissal was the game. As far as NZ SF matchup, havent u seen how desperate Aussies were to win the game against SA? Nobody wanted to face Eng for the obvious reasons. Things fell in place for NZ and their bowling unit executed very well in favorable conditions. However, Eng would have been a different beast as we saw in the second SF.
    Dhoni definitely played out of character that even surprised the commentators. They could not use the word "cheat" on air but were suggesting it indirectly using terms like "strange". He did not go for big shots at all just playing forward defensive for nearly ten overs or something. After Pandya was dismissed Dhoni just shut up shop, he had nothing to lose had he gone for a few big ones that he didn't. I am not suggesting any foul play in the Aus/SA match rather that India wanting New Zealand in the semi's worked against them as conditions were not in their favour. They would have had a better chance versus England in the semi's, England are beatable as Pak showed earlier in the tournament.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 14th July 2019 at 03:39.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni definitely played out of character that even surprised the commentators. They could not use the word "cheat" on air but were suggesting it indirectly using terms like "strange". He did not go for big shots at all just playing forward defensive for nearly ten overs or something. After Pandya was dismissed Dhoni just shut up shop, he had nothing to lose had he gone for a few big ones that he didn't. I am not suggesting any foul play in the Aus/SA match rather that India wanting New Zealand in the semi's worked against them as conditions were not in their favour. They would have had a better chance versus England in the semi's, England are beatable as Pak showed earlier in the tournament.
    Why would India not want Pakistan instead of Newzeland in Semis? Only casual fans believe in the jazba non-sense, Indian team management doesn’t. Pakistan would be much easier team to beat than Newzealand.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dhoni was looking for NRR. Anyway, I think there are several thoughts on that but we've all seen Dhoni's innings for a while. His utility is as a support player and a master strategized on and off the field. That's why same reason why I thought Dhoni's runout was not the reason for the loss against NZ. It was already over by then.

There is nothing wrong in hoping for NZ matchup. They were pretty bad until then. Credit it to them they Rose to the occasion and India had a bad game irrespective of conditions. I've seen Kohli play and make hundreds on tougher pitches and it wasn't just his day. I also doubt if India could have beaten Eng in the SF or final. There is only one way to beat this English team if they play their natural game. To outscore them like Pak did. It's tough and English would win 8 out of 10 times in those cases.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that Shastri's contract will be extended, he's made too many influential enemies and his devil may care attitude won't help now. He's done a decent job and there's a strong platform in place to take this team forward till the World T20.

The real problem in the current setup has been with the selection committee with there being some real mystifying selections over the past couple of years. That's what the BCCI needs to sort out.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yograj Singh is simply bitter that his own cricketing career is not worth mentioning and that his son never got to captain the country's team. He is well known for his tirades against everyone and no one takes him seriously.

If Pakistanis like you think that every Indian who shares their opinions is honest and impartial then you lot are more naive than I can give you credit for.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shastri and Bangar both need to go. Indian batting hasn't progressed an inch under Bangar. If anything, the middle order regressed and Shastri's selections continue to be a cruel joke.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli needs to be sacked of the LOI captaincy as well.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Was looking at his stats

Get Laxman in
    Few coaches have great batting stats. Besides not much coaching is really need at the national team level. In the Indian context atleast, the biggest contribution a Coach can provide is by not being too meddlesome, and ensuring that no groupism or scandals take place. Other than that, pretty much auto pilot is the way to go. If the team is performing well, even better. The coach is a passenger. If he gets along well with the captain, then its pretty much a paid vacation kind of a deal.

Ravi Shastri is a great man manager and is always on the right side of the powers that be. All of that makes him a survivor.

Laxman may be found wanting in the political tight rope walk skills needed.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile in India

Do fans realize how pathetic this team is?

This is like going hungry inspite of being rich.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Meanwhile in India

Do fans realize how pathetic this team is?

This is like going hungry inspite of being rich.
    What's the reaction in India?

Why is Kohli not being thrown out?

5 losses in SF or F in the last 5 tournaments despite being the favourites.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    What's the reaction in India?

Why is Kohli not being thrown out?

5 losses in SF or F in the last 5 tournaments despite being the favourites.
    People in India are SATISFIED (barring a few).

They are crying watching Dhoni cry.

They are happy we made it to SF and lost it due to one bad game.

There is barely any outrage, any angry articles, any hard questions being raised.

Dhoni is still the darling. A tragic hero undone by ill-luck.

Kohli has been criticized a bit but not as much as one would expect.

We are happy with mediocrity.

People are more loyal to their favourite cricketers than their team.

IPL keeps them happy.

There is no true burning passion or desperation or desire to see their team rule the roost.

It's all gone man.

I hope I am wrong but this is what I see.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    People in India are SATISFIED (barring a few).

They are crying watching Dhoni cry.

They are happy we made it to SF and lost it due to one bad game.

There is barely any outrage, any angry articles, any hard questions being raised.

Dhoni is still the darling. A tragic hero undone by ill-luck.

Kohli has been criticized a bit but not as much as one would expect.

We are happy with mediocrity.

People are more loyal to their favourite cricketers than their team.

IPL keeps them happy.

There is no true burning passion or desperation or desire to see their team rule the roost.

It's all gone man.

I hope I am wrong but this is what I see.
    Sad times for Indian cricket.

This will be Kohli and Dhoni's legacy.

Turning India into a team where fans are satisfied with mediocrity, after Ganguly's generation did the opposite.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Sad times for Indian cricket.

This will be Kohli and Dhoni's legacy.

Turning India into a team where fans are satisfied with mediocrity, after Ganguly's generation did the opposite.
    I think it's the opposite.

Fans stopped caring (advent of internet, modern world entertainment options, social media propoganda, etc).

No one to ask questions.

These guys do what they please.

In 2003, the whole nation cried when we lost the finals against an opponent we never really had any chance with.

In 2007, the whole nation went into full rage mode when we couldn't get to Super 6.

Here, no such biggie.

I checked CNN IBN (news18.com) post the debacle and our loss wasn't even the main news story (some random political news was getting all attention). This would have been unthinkable in the 90s and 2000s.

Things have changed, man.

Some bilateral bullying and public might forget everything.

Cycle Agarbatti and Paytm series coming up.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    Sanjay Banghar has been there for too long. He has done a wonderful job. Now time to.move on and help young boys.
    Anyone can join as a batting coach to this Indian team, won't make much of a difference
    You spoke my mind.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So because Kohli is untouchable and he likes Shastri, therefore Shastri is untouchable too.

One must find some sidekick then - enter Bangar.

I am pretty sure Bangar has his flaws but India must really reflect on not just this world cup but also the series prior - against Australia. They will find that even if they don't relive Kohli or Shastri off their duties, a quite word will be necessary with those two.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Yograj Singh is simply bitter that his own cricketing career is not worth mentioning and that his son never got to captain the country's team. He is well known for his tirades against everyone and no one takes him seriously.

If Pakistanis like you think that every Indian who shares their opinions is honest and impartial then you lot are more naive than I can give you credit for.
    No he is not. He rightfully mentions guts like Zaheer and others whose careers ended for no reason. You can think whatever you want ciz I don't give a damn. I other the other hand call people like you sheep who just follow the common perspective. Who said "every Indian" will believe Yograj but many will no doubt about it.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he is not. He rightfully mentions guts like Zaheer and others whose careers ended for no reason. You can think whatever you want ciz I don't give a damn. I other the other hand call people like you sheep who just follow the common perspective. Who said "every Indian" will believe Yograj but many will no doubt about it.
    What happened to Zaheer’s career? He was rightfully thrown out when he became old and injury-prone. If anything, he played few games more than he should.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    What happened to Zaheer’s career? He was rightfully thrown out when he became old and injury-prone. If anything, he played few games more than he should.
    Zaheer is not the only one. There are many others like Gambhir who had to make way when Shastri, Reina and others had to give way to Shastri and his ego. Sehwag is another one who suddenly retired from nowhere. How about the likes of Pathan and Rudra Pratap to name a few more. Shastri is an ego maniac.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaheer is not the only one. There are many others like Gambhir who had to make way when Shastri, Reina and others had to give way to Shastri and his ego. Sehwag is another one who suddenly retired from nowhere. How about the likes of Pathan and Rudra Pratap to name a few more. Shastri is an ego maniac.
    Lol. Both Gambhir and Sehwag were thrown out rightfully for their poor performances. You have no idea about Indian cricket.🤣🤣🤣

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Lol. Both Gambhir and Sehwag were thrown out rightfully for their poor performances. You have no idea about Indian cricket.������
    But I do have an idea of what Yograj Singh is saying. You are no one to question a former international, just a Shastri stooge!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    BCCI to Invite Fresh Applications for Support Staff, Ravi Shastri Required to Re-Apply

New Delhi: The BCCI will soon invite fresh applications for the Indian cricket team's support staff, including the head coach, and incumbent Ravi Shastri will need to reapply once his contract expires after next month's tour of the West Indies.

The support staff comprising Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and fielding coach R Sridhar were given a 45-day extension following the World Cup, covering the West Indies tour from August 3 to September 3.

All of them can reapply but the team is set to have a new trainer and physio after the departure of Shankar Basu and Patrick Farhart respectively following India's semifinal exit in the World Cup.

After the West Indies tour, India's home season kicks off with the series against South Africa beginning September 15.

Shastri was appointed India chief coach in 2017 after Anil Kumble's tenure ended prematurely in controversial circumstances.

The 57-year-old was also India's director of cricket from August 2014 to June 2016.

However, India have not won a major ICC event under his guidance but the team did make history by winning a maiden Test series in Australia earlier this year.

"The job openings will put be up on our website in a day or two. Besides the support staff, fresh applications will also be invited for the post of team manager," a BCCI official told PTI.

Former Tamil Nadu captain Sunil Subramanian was appointed team manager in 2017 on a year-contract but he got an extension.

It was the first time that the BCCI had followed a transparent procedure for hiring the team manager, in accordance with the Lodha committee recommendations.

For all positions, the BCCI has done away with direct appointment and follows a proper recruitment process.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...y-2231941.html

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Tom Moody , Trevor Bayliss , Gary Kirsten , Fleming etc all can be good head coach option.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Tom Moody , Trevor Bayliss , Gary Kirsten , Fleming etc all can be good head coach option.
    No foreign coach would put up with Kohli's b$. Kohli needs a yes man, a rubber stamp coach.

If only performance mattered, then Rahul Dravid becomes the obvious choice. Kohli's wings need to be clipped. His whimsical & erratic decisions have cost the team dearly.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I do have an idea of what Yograj Singh is saying. You are no one to question a former international , just a Shastri stooge!
    By extension of that logic you are no one to question Shastri, also a former international, let alone current internationals like Kohli, Dhoni, etc.

You see, that logic doesn't fly.

Just because Yograj said something that you can get behind, doesn't mean it's gospel. He has literally been whining for the last 6 years and nobody in India (not even his own son) takes him seriously anymore.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI's new Cricket Advisory Committee to pick Team India head coach

The new BCCI constitution has tasked the job of appointing the head coach and selection committee to the Cricket Advisory Committee

Applications inviting candidates for the post of the new head coach of Team India and it's support staff will be out soon but there remains uncertainty on the composition of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) that will make the appointments official.

The new BCCI constitution has tasked the job of appointing the head coach and selection committee to the CAC.

In a Committee of Administrators (COA) meeting on Monday, the COA directed General Manager Saba Karim to suggest names that can be considered to form the new CAC. "After the names come up, the CoA, with the aid of the legal team, will have to adjudicate if they are clear of any conflict of interest," a BCCI source told India Today.

The high-profile CAC that appointed Anil Kumble and Ravi Shastri as head coaches, now stands disbanded with both Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly having already submitted their resignations to the BCCI. The Ethics officer ruled that Ganguly and other member of the CAC, VVS Laxman, fell under the conflict of interest guidelines.

Earlier the appointment of women's head coach was conducted by ad-hoc CAC comprising of Kapil Dev, Shanta Rangaswami and Anshuman Gaikwad. But they too could be affected under the strict conflict of interest rule.

"Kapil Dev and Shanta Rangaswami are directors in players association. If they stand for elections and are elected to Apex council than what happens?" a BCCI source said.

WV Raman's appointment as the women's team head coach was made by the ad-hoc committee and this appointment is being studied by the Ethics officer.

Meanwhile the current support staff led by head coach Ravi Shastri will be flying with the Indian team to the West Indies this month.
    The BCCI will soon invite fresh applications for the Indian cricket team's support staff, including the head coach, and incumbent Ravi Shastri will need to reapply once his contract expires after next month's tour of the West Indies.

The support staff comprising Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and fielding coach R Sridhar were given a 45-day extension following the World Cup, covering the West Indies tour from August 3 to September 3.

All of them can reapply but the team is set to have a new trainer and physio after the departure of Shankar Basu and Patrick Farhart respectively, following India's semi-final exit in the World Cup.

After the West Indies tour, India's home season kicks off with the series against South Africa beginning September 15.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...968-2019-07-16

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bharat Arun is ok, others should resign, Ravi Shastri hasn’t been a good coach as such.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak619 View Post
    By extension of that logic you are no one to question Shastri, also a former international, let alone current internationals like Kohli, Dhoni, etc.

Just because Yograj said something that you can get behind, doesn't mean it's gospel. He has literally been whining for the last 6 years and nobody in India (not even his own son) takes him seriously anymore.
    You are right. Yograj also blamed Dhoni for India's semi final exit which is not true.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak619 View Post

Well if I am no one to question Shastri then you are no one to do Yograj hence no point in debating further. Shastri was not a great player...even if he was can be questioned by Cricket lovers and former players like Yograj. We are talking about the WC team here not his past achievements. I have already mentioned the many players he threw out to bring his own ones in.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has streamlined the eligibility criteria for the selection of the next head coach. The head coach has to be less than 60 years of age with minimum international coaching experience of two years. It is only a three-point list for all the coaching roles including head coach besides the positions in the batting, bowling and fielding department. Before Ravi Shastri was appointed head coach in July 2017, the BCCI had issued nine-points of eligibility criteria which lacked focus and clarity.

The criteria remain the same for batting, bowling and fielding coach except the number of games played. The three personnel should have played at least 10 Tests or 25 ODIs and be less than 60 years of age.

The current support staff comprising Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and fielding coach R Sridhar were given a 45-day extension following the World Cup, covering the West Indies tour from August 3 to September 3.

All of them can re-apply but the team is set to have a new trainer and physio after the departure of Shankar Basu and Patrick Farhart following India's semi-final exit in the World Cup.

After the West Indies tour, India's home season kicks off with a series against South Africa, beginning on September 15.
    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/bcci...70507?&tb_cb=1
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th July 2019 at 12:37.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ravi Shastri May Keep His Job As Head Coach: BCCI Official

Team India captain Virat Kohli and some of his boys are impressed with Ravi Shastri's style of functioning and want to retain him, a cricket board official told NDTV.

Despite India's semi-final exit from the Cricket World Cup, head coach Ravi Shastri seems to have earned the confidence of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and skipper Virat Kohli and some of his boys are also impressed with Shastri's style of functioning and they want him back for the post. "Ravi (Shastri) has done everything right for the team," a BCCI official told NDTV. "They have become No.1 in Tests, they were No.2 in ODIs till England took over. One bad match does not make the coach bad. If he reapplies he will get preference."

Shastri, who earns Rs 8 crore-plus from the BCCI, is expected to put his hand up for the coach's job and Bharat Arun, the bowling coach, will also apply for that post.

A head coach will be picked by the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) which is currently helmed by Kapil Dev, with Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy as his colleagues.
    The CAC will pick the head coach and will consult with the Indian selectors while recruiting the other coaches.

Seven posts -- batting coach, bowling coach, fielding coach, physiotherapist, strength and conditioning coach and administrative manager -- were advertised for yesterday by BCCI. The last date of application is July 30.

Meanwhile, Ravi Shastri and his coaching team got a 45-day extension after the World Cup. That means they will remain in charge of Team India for the three T20Is, three ODIs and two Tests to be played during the tour of the West Indies from August 3 to September 3.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/ravi...mpression=true

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are right. Yograj also blamed Dhoni for India's semi final exit which is not true.
    Yograj has had it in for Dhoni for over a decade now.

Just because his son was primed to be captain but Dhoni came out of nowhere and became India's greatest captain ever.

Such petty men do not deserve much attention. And thankfully neither the media nor his own son gives him any attention.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Look at the score cards. Only Rohit and to some extent, Kohli was making runs. Rest were same. Only difference was, the platform was set to a point where India can't lose considering bumrah and shami always made the bowling stronger.
    What is your point? India won 8 out of 10 and the end results are all that matters... Most consistent team in the WC 2019

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has thrown his hat for the India team’s fielding coach’s position, making him one of the most high profile candidate to have applied for the post.

“Yes, I have applied for the position of India’s new fielding coach. My wife and I love the country, and it has already given us so much -- we have 2 children born in India,” Rhodes told “CricketNext” website.

Rhodes is one of the exceptional fielders of his time and is best remembered for the flying ‘run-out to dismiss former Pakistan skipper Inzamam Ul-Haq during the 1992 World Cup. The 49-year-old South African was the fielding coach of Indian Premier League side Mumbai Indians for a long time before parting ways with the franchise.

A frequent visitor of India, Rhodes had taken a fielding workshop for a T20 Mumbai League side at the Bandra Kurla complex on the behest of former Mumbai stumper Vinayak Samant.

The BCCI has invited applications for various coaches positions, including head coach, batting coach, bowling coach and fielding coach and set July 30 as the deadline.

R Sridhar is the current fielding coach of India, whose contract was extended for 45 days till the end of the West Indies tour. Sridhar along with head coach Ravi Shastri and rest of the support staff won’t have to apply again as their their applications will be automatically considered.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket...b1WjM1eTJ.html

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India should move on and replace the head coach and other staff .

Arun should remain the bowling coach.

Shastri has been with the team for pretty long time , and now its time to make some changes.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how Dhoni has been playing for the last 5 years. It is not cheating. It's just being rubbish.
    Last edited by The Viper; 31st July 2019 at 23:01.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Have heard that Kohli still wants Shastri in the dressing room. He should have requested it after winning the World Cup for India. Hasn't won anything but still behaves like he owns everything. He should be asked to leave the captaincy. We haven't won a single major ICC tournament under his captaincy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    CAC to conduct interviews for India’s head coach after Independence Day

There looks to be a slight delay in the process of selection of the next India head coach as the three-member Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) comprising of Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy are likely to interview the shortlisted candidates only post Independence Day – August 15.

It was initially said that the process of interviewing them would happen on August 13 and 14.

Sources in the know of developments also added that it will be in all likelihood a one-day process as there are only around half a dozen candidates who have been shortlisted for the process.

“The meeting was initially set to take place on August 13 and 14, but after shortlisting the candidates, it has come to the fore that around six candidates fit the bill for the position of the head coach and thus, one day of interviews should be enough.

“Some paperwork still remains and that needs to be completed before the CAC can start the process of interviewing the eligible candidates. Don’t see the process happening before August 15,” the source said.

Asked if skipper Virat Kohli‘s opinion will be sought by the CAC, the source said that the captain would not be a part of the decision-making process just as was the case during the selection of the women’s coach.

“Don’t see a reason why the captain should be involved as there are guidelines given clearly as to who fits the bill and now it is for the three-member committee to decide on who is the candidate most suited to become the head coach. There is no role for either the captain or the CoA. The same process as was followed during appointing the women’s coach will be followed.

“They will obviously give something like a top three to the BCCI as per their preference and after that it is for the BCCI to approach the person on the top of the list. If that person has all the criteria boxes ticked, he comes in. If not, then the person who is second on the list will be approached. But the call will be with the CAC on preparing the list as per their preference,” the source pointed.

Interestingly, skipper Kohli has already made his opinion known when he addressed the media before the Windies series.

“With Ravi bhai, all of us have a great camaraderie, everyone in the team shares mutual respect (with him). And we have done really well together as a group,” Kohli said at the pre-departure press conference for the tour of USA and West Indies.

“Yeah, we will definitely be very happy if he is continuing as a coach, but as I said, it is upon the CAC to seek my advice or opinion if they want. Right now, I haven’t been contacted at all. And I don’t know what is going to happen with the process.”

While the CAC is expected to pick the head coach, the support staff will be picked by the selection committee comprising of MSK Prasad, Gagan Khoda, Jatin Paranjpe, Sarandeep Singh and Devang Gandhi.

It is strongly believed that while bowling coach Bharat Arun will continue in his role, thanks to his brilliant effort with the bowling unit, Vikram Rathour or Pravin Amre could come in as the batting coach as current coach Sanjay Bangar’s position is under the scanner.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...nce-day-878239

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ravi Shastri Among Six Candidates Shortlisted For India's Coach Job

The candidates will give a presentation to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) headed by Kapil Dev, and a final decision will be arrived by end of this week or early next week.

Ravi Shastri, India's current head coach, and five other candidates have been shortlisted for Team India's head coach job, news agency PTI reported. Apart from Shastri, who is currently on a 45-day extension after the World Cup 2019, Lalchand Rajput and Robin Singh are the other two Indians who have been shortlisted for the coveted job. Former New Zealand coach Mike Hesson, former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former Afghanistan coach Phil Jones are the three foreign nationals shortlisted for the role.

The candidates will give a presentation to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) headed by former India captain Kapil Dev, and a final decision will be arrived by end of this week or early next week.

Besides the country's first World Cup-wining skipper Dev, the newly-appointed CAC comprises Anshuman Gaekwad and former women's team captain Shantha Rangaswamy.

"These six will give presentation for head coach before CAC. It has been learnt that these six have been short-listed for interview with the CAC," a senior BCCI official, privy to the development, told PTI.

Before leaving for the tour of West Indies, captain Virat Kohli had said that he is in favour of Shastri continuing as the head coach of the Indian team despite the criticism he faced following the semi-final ouster from the World Cup.

The current support staff comprising Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and fielding coach R Sridhar were given a 45-day extension following the World Cup, covering the ongoing West Indies tour from August 3 to September 3.

While the names of Hesson and Moody have been doing the rounds for a while, Simmons, who has had successful stints with Ireland and Afghanistan cricket teams, is also in the fray now.

Simmons also served West Indies for a brief while, helping them to victory in the 2016 World T20 tournament in India before taking over as head coach of the Afghanistan national team in 2017.

Among the Indians, Robin served as the fielding coach of the Indian team when it won the inaugural World T20 under Mahendra Singh Dhoni's captaincy in 2007.

Rajput, who was the head coach of the team when it won the World T20, also had stints with Afghanistan and Zimbabwe.

Hesson recently parted ways with IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab. Hesson coached the Black Caps for six years, highlighted by their memorable run to the 2015 Cricket World Cup final in Melbourne, a semifinal finish at the 2016 World Twenty20 in India and a home Test series win over England in April 2018 which lifted them to third on the world rankings.

India may have failed to win the T20 World Cup in 2016 and the ODI World Cup in 2015 and 2019, but the Shastri-Kohli duo helped the country climb to the top of the Test rankings with a historic series triumph in Australia.

Shastri was the team director till June 2016 until India lost in the World T20 semi-finals before being reappointed as head coach in 2017 after Anil Kumble's departure.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/ravi...report-2084202

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Ravi Shastri Among Six Candidates Shortlisted For India's Coach Job

The candidates will give a presentation to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) headed by Kapil Dev, and a final decision will be arrived by end of this week or early next week.

Ravi Shastri, India's current head coach, and five other candidates have been shortlisted for Team India's head coach job, news agency PTI reported. Apart from Shastri, who is currently on a 45-day extension after the World Cup 2019, Lalchand Rajput and Robin Singh are the other two Indians who have been shortlisted for the coveted job. Former New Zealand coach Mike Hesson, former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former Afghanistan coach Phil Jones are the three foreign nationals shortlisted for the role.

The candidates will give a presentation to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) headed by former India captain Kapil Dev, and a final decision will be arrived by end of this week or early next week.

Besides the country's first World Cup-wining skipper Dev, the newly-appointed CAC comprises Anshuman Gaekwad and former women's team captain Shantha Rangaswamy.

"These six will give presentation for head coach before CAC. It has been learnt that these six have been short-listed for interview with the CAC," a senior BCCI official, privy to the development, told PTI.

Before leaving for the tour of West Indies, captain Virat Kohli had said that he is in favour of Shastri continuing as the head coach of the Indian team despite the criticism he faced following the semi-final ouster from the World Cup.

The current support staff comprising Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and fielding coach R Sridhar were given a 45-day extension following the World Cup, covering the ongoing West Indies tour from August 3 to September 3.

While the names of Hesson and Moody have been doing the rounds for a while, Simmons, who has had successful stints with Ireland and Afghanistan cricket teams, is also in the fray now.

Simmons also served West Indies for a brief while, helping them to victory in the 2016 World T20 tournament in India before taking over as head coach of the Afghanistan national team in 2017.

Among the Indians, Robin served as the fielding coach of the Indian team when it won the inaugural World T20 under Mahendra Singh Dhoni's captaincy in 2007.

Rajput, who was the head coach of the team when it won the World T20, also had stints with Afghanistan and Zimbabwe.

Hesson recently parted ways with IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab. Hesson coached the Black Caps for six years, highlighted by their memorable run to the 2015 Cricket World Cup final in Melbourne, a semifinal finish at the 2016 World Twenty20 in India and a home Test series win over England in April 2018 which lifted them to third on the world rankings.

India may have failed to win the T20 World Cup in 2016 and the ODI World Cup in 2015 and 2019, but the Shastri-Kohli duo helped the country climb to the top of the Test rankings with a historic series triumph in Australia.

Shastri was the team director till June 2016 until India lost in the World T20 semi-finals before being reappointed as head coach in 2017 after Anil Kumble's departure.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/ravi...report-2084202
    I have a feeling india will go for robin Singh as their new head coach and I also think their new head coach will be an indian not a foreigner.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ravi turned the Indian team around into a successful team....it looks like BCCI has short memories.