Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,047
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rain coming as a blessing for England.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,757
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Rain coming as a blessing for England.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  59.5 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #83
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    26,168
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Last year india's test matches were played on green top and still most matches went till 4th and 5th day except one test (lords)
    All wickets in England will have a bit of grass due to the damp climate.

    They looked like standard English wickets to me. They don’t change much over time. Lords is usually low and slow (though the new groundsman left some grass on against Ireland), OT takes a bit of spin later on, Headingley used to be a minefield but is now a shirtfront in comparison, Oval is a bit bouncier and takes spin later, OT is a green seamer.

    Wherever you go in England you will get variations on ‘slow seamer’. Usually the new ball swings a bit depending on the atmosphere.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    26,168
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Rain coming as a blessing for England.
    No, they need the sun to shine so they can play and equalise the score.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,947
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    All wickets in England will have a bit of grass due to the damp climate.

    They looked like standard English wickets to me. They don’t change much over time. Lords is usually low and slow (though the new groundsman left some grass on against Ireland), OT takes a bit of spin later on, Headingley used to be a minefield but is now a shirtfront in comparison, Oval is a bit bouncier and takes spin later, OT is a green seamer.

    Wherever you go in England you will get variations on ‘slow seamer’. Usually the new ball swings a bit depending on the atmosphere.
    I guess comparatively to India, they look like raging greentops. Same as happens in reverse when others tour India- they look completely barren & alien.

    England is a good tour, some variety of wickets. Chance for all bowlers usually- Murali & Warne both have excellent records there I think so good spin can thrive alongside seamers. Runs can be had but you'll need a solid technique vs most bowling & especially the swinging or nibbling ball.

    There is a bit of "home conditions" going on, I remember '05 had some very dry squares in comparison, when the plan was for reverse & that great seam bowling quartet.

    Problem this time is I'm not sure which type of pitch will suit England. Oz have them covered in spin & dry wickets (reverse) without Anderson. They tried a "typical" England seamer first test & were trounced. True greentops are lottery.

    England will be looking for someone to stand up & boss them back into this series here, or it could all go very pear shaped very quick. Historically, Broad will have to be the man. Root hasn't ever taken a series or barely a match away from Australia on his own. Stokes either. Broad has. YJB & Woakes look decent against some sides but falter vs Oz. I don't think they have it in them to be more than a support act if someone else leads.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    270 overs might be possible during 5 days going by the current forecast . England should play Curran for Denly & Australia perhaps Pattinson + Cummins [ bowling all-rounders ] & Hazelwood + Starc + Lyon .

  7. #87
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    32,629
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    England National Cricket Selectors have named an unchanged 12-strong squad for the 3rd Specsavers Ashes Test match against Australia at Emerald Headingley starting on Thursday, August 22.

    England third Test squad versus Australia:

    Joe Root (Yorkshire) captain
    Jofra Archer (Sussex)
    Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire)
    Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
    Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Sam Curran (Surrey)
    Joe Denly (Kent)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)
    Jason Roy (Surrey)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

    England and Lancashire seamer James Anderson is making progress from his injured right calf. Anderson will step up his rehabilitation this week by playing for Lancashire second XI against Leicestershire in a three-day friendly match starting on Tuesday August 20 at Northern Cricket Club, Liverpool. He will be assessed on an ongoing basis ahead of selection for the fourth Specsavers Ashes Test at Emirates Old Trafford starting on Wednesday September 4.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,757
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    England treating Lord's as a victory and not changing squad


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #89
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,757
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #90
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headingley : No Smith , will England opt for a grassy surface ?

  11. #91
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    26,168
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Headingley : No Smith , will England opt for a grassy surface ?
    “England” has no say in the matter.

    The Headingley groundsman will do the best he can to provide a surface that will last five days and make for a good contest between bat and ball, given the weather.

    I understand that Leeds is the fastest test track in England these days. Should be true bounce and good carry.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    5,185
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    “England” has no say in the matter.

    The Headingley groundsman will do the best he can to provide a surface that will last five days and make for a good contest between bat and ball, given the weather.

    I understand that Leeds is the fastest test track in England these days. Should be true bounce and good carry.
    Bat or bowl first?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •