Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This win is a farce. It was a tie twice. And that should have meant sharing the trophy.

On top of it this umpiring error. This english win was far from being a win.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Will they change the result now?

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    most whining ive been seeing is by indians and australians..kyon? the kiwis have kept a dignified silence.

that match was the single greatest 50 overs match ive seen (other than the miandad six one lol). It wasnt stokes fault and wasnt the kiwis fault..its just the way it is.

But the whining from the aussies and now indians is pathetic..
    It's not just Indians and Aussies, most neutral and unbiased fans are annoyed by this farcical ending.

It wasn't just stupid rules and insane amount of luck but also unfair umpiring calls. This World Cup victory will always remain a tainted one, that's how it will be remembered in history.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This win is a farce. It was a tie twice. And that should have meant sharing the trophy.

On top of it this umpiring error. This english win was far from being a win.
    lol..more whingeing..just look and see son. It says world champions and there is nothing you or any other whingers can do about it..other than whine to the ICC to change the rules..again..

who changed the rules? who voted for them? who has the power in the ICC??

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ian Botham should stop barking about England being robbed in 1992 after this

Both the umpires need to be sacked after this. Imagine happening this to any Asian teams, umpire had to get presidential security for them .

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironically, Kane being such a gentleman might have gone against NZ. I am sure had it been any of the other 9 captains in his place they would have raised a ruckus and demanded clarifications and maybe in the process even forced the umpires to reconsider and give five instead of six. In any case doesn't really matter now.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    It's not just Indians and Aussies, most neutral and unbiased fans are annoyed by this farcical ending.

It wasn't just stupid rules and insane amount of luck but also unfair umpiring calls. This World Cup victory will always remain a tainted one, that's how it will be remembered in history.
    not really..most people will remember this as the greatest cricket WC final in history..only a small minority on cricket forums will talk about the minutiae..this was a great advert for the game and nearly 5 million viewers watched it. You should be celebrating that cricket is on the front pages instead of being hidden away somewhere!!

and for brit pakistanis its a proud moment to see two of our own with WC medals..two young men from poor working class pakistani families who worked hard to get to the top..Great moment..

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post

Haha no it won't.

England were robbed in 92, but nobody remembers that, its Pakistan's name on the trophy. People will be sore about this for a couple of weeks and then it will all be forgotten about.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really..most people will remember this as the greatest cricket WC final in history..only a small minority on cricket forums will talk about the minutiae..this was a great advert for the game and nearly 5 million viewers watched it. You should be celebrating that cricket is on the front pages instead of being hidden away somewhere!!

and for brit pakistanis its a proud moment to see two of our own with WC medals..two young men from poor working class pakistani families who worked hard to get to the top..Great moment..
    Great post!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malakian View Post
    Haha no it won't.

England were robbed in 92, but nobody remembers that, its Pakistan's name on the trophy. People will be sore about this for a couple of weeks and then it will all be forgotten about.
    southafrica were actually robbed in 1992 wc due to d/l method.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amvbfm View Post
    Ironically, Kane being such a gentleman might have gone against NZ. I am sure had it been any of the other 9 captains in his place they would have raised a ruckus and demanded clarifications and maybe in the process even forced the umpires to reconsider and give five instead of six. In any case doesn't really matter now.
    its called sportsmanship..I can imagine Kohli demanding things in an undignified manner and rioting breaking out..but Kane is a gentleman and showed people how to play the game..same with morgan..they didnt go completley voer the top with bravado either..great advert for sport.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its called sportsmanship..I can imagine Kohli demanding things in an undignified manner and rioting breaking out..but Kane is a gentleman and showed people how to play the game..same with morgan..they didnt go completley voer the top with bravado either..great advert for sport.
    morgan are you kidding me he was the one who was whining about the pitches

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honestly players and cricket board need to be blamed for this. I'm sure 99.9% cricket players have no clue about this rule till Simon Taufel said this

Why can't cricketers educate themselves on such rules. They could have protested it,

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Haha no it won't.

Funny you say England were robbed in 92 but refuse to acknowledge that NZ got screwed.

But hey, enlighten me, how was England robbed?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane is in a class of his own but perhaps he should have been a little more vocal in this case. I can't see Morgan ever accepting that decision with the grace that Kane did.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is nothing undignified about following the rules. Cricketers if they know rule, can and should protest about it. I'm sure Willamson had no clue about this otherwise he would have.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we saw Morgan’s great sportsmanship when he moaned about the CT semi final pitch.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mistake after mistake awarding wrong runs deciding world champions based on the number of boundaries. They not only robbed New Zealand from the world cup but took the chance away from England to be crowned champion after winning the match.

For me, the game ended in a tie and England didn't win the match for all I care England lost more wickets than New Zealand, which makes the difference and not the number of boundaries.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A complete shambles for the ICC

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    Mistake after mistake awarding wrong runs deciding world champions based on the number of boundaries. They not only robbed New Zealand from the world cup but took the chance away from England to be crowned champion after winning the match.

For me, the game ended in a tie and England didn't win the match for all I care England lost more wickets than New Zealand, which makes the difference and not the number of boundaries.
    you can live in your reality but in the real world England won that fair and square because the players on that pitch didnt make the rules. The funny thing is, alot of these rules would probably never see the light of day, until they actually do. Its nobodys fault. We should celebrate this game as cricket lovers. Our sport is under threat and this has given it a major fillet and a possible push to end the indianisation of the game.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC is subservient to BCCI.That is why it's in shambles.ICC is biased towards smaller teams like NZ.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Yeah we saw Morgan’s great sportsmanship when he moaned about the CT semi final pitch.
    an you show me where he "whined"...botham is a whiner..gatting is a whiner and a abusive thug..not Morgan..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    ICC is subservient to BCCI.That is why it's in shambles.ICC is biased towards smaller teams like NZ.
    err in this case I have to disagree. How could they have known what would have happened..the issue is that these rules have never been tested in a proper live environment. They were yesterday and by and large made the game even more interesting!! Im sure they can amend them now but you cant blame the teams..blame the babus in dubai..

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post

Let's be honest, nobody really cares what a few hardcore fans on cricket forums think about the result.

I just heard on the radio that 8 million people watched the final in the UK. 8 million people watching ENG lift the trophy.

Feels good man.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you @the Great Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Moan Ali comes from a poor family?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thank you @the Great Khan.
    lol..anytime...some people need to stop whingeing and realise how big a deal this is for us cricket fans in the uk..

after a long long time I enjoyed england cricket winning..its been a long time but Morgan and co have helped me back to looking favourably at england again..especially after the dark eyars of botham,gatting, and the 92 and post 92 years..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Moan Ali comes from a poor family?
    they are not loaded...just go down to his street and tell me whether its beverly hills or not..he's a working class lad from birmingham..

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It always going to take some obscene slice of luck for england to win a WC and they got it in bagfuls yesterday. They can thank the umpires for the WC, because it was an all out choke again by the english

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ were robbed but we should be happy neither India nor Australia won.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So England was 240, NZ was 241. This is the only way England can win a world cup lol

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The rule should be if hits a bat or hits the wickets you can't take an extra run. An extra run can only be taken due to a misfield.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think England is undeserving.... they lost the toss , faced the scoreboard pressure, didn't give up, took it to 'super overs' and were crowned winners as per the rules. Then .... it is the umpiring & rules that needs a serious look in.

Here we are talking about that mere 1 run & the difference it could have made. But we have seen various instances in the past where 'strange rules' have made considerable differences to the fortunes.The only differences were that 'the occasions' were lesser important. For instance take that Kohli 'catch' in that AUS series when he was on 123, every neutral person thought that was not a fair catch . Similarly the recently concluded ODI series between AUS & IND where a DRS decision in the 4rth match turned the series 'upside down'.

So these are the rules and the umpiring that needs a serious look in .ENG were unlucky in losing the toss which was reflected in the midst of their chase, but they recovered from that and emerged victorious. From my side , they needed more than that 1 run luck, to counter the unluck of losing the toss. Yet they emerged winners. So they are thoroughly deserving.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    you can live in your reality but in the real world England won that fair and square because the players on that pitch didnt make the rules. The funny thing is, alot of these rules would probably never see the light of day, until they actually do. Its nobodys fault. We should celebrate this game as cricket lovers. Our sport is under threat and this has given it a major fillet and a possible push to end the indianisation of the game.
    The game was a tie till the end, so I don't know when England won it.

Anyways in my post, I didn't take anything away from England but criticized the laws of ICC. It is ICC fault and if you find the reason why we have such ridiculous rules you will see some sponsor or coverage timing be the reason.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    “The difficulty you (umpires) have here is you’ve got to watch batsmen completing runs, then change focus and watch for the ball being picked up, and watch for the release (of the throw),” he said.”

You have TV replays...

They call me Harvey Specter.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, nobody really cares what a few hardcore fans on cricket forums think about the result.

I just heard on the radio that 8 million people watched the final in the UK. 8 million people watching ENG lift the trophy.

Feels good man.
    Let me be honest apart from England everyone else cares, and the whole world is criticizing. I am sorry for deserving English team that deserved to win this cup fair and square, and they end up with a controversial finish that will always be discussed with a big "but".

You can celebrate why not you are an English fan, but a lot of people dont beleive England to be true world champions and it is not only about having the cup but having the respect and acceptance with it which is missing in your case since the game ended in a tie and then wrong runs were also awarded.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The rule should be if hits a bat or hits the wickets you can't take an extra run. An extra run can only be taken due to a misfield.
    These rules are actually there to avoid wrong deeds... Now fielders will deliberately throw at the batsman's body or bat if its easier to target (from their positions/angles!) Also fielders will feel it cool to throw at the stumps always! Fielder's life will become immensely easier!

Regarding this incidence, its unfortunate I should say as long as it is not done deliberately (batsman doing it deliberately can be found out & caught! But fielders doing it can't be proven honest/dishonest in this case, if you think clearly!)

It was an unfortunate incident, but the 5 runs or 6 runs issue is a blunder! Third Umpire or Match Referee should interfere in this case (there was enough time). I think one change that I want ICC to make is if third umpire/referee finds a real total blunder (not the wrong decisions by on-field umpires which the teams have DRS to sort out) the ones which cannot be known by even players on the field (which we viewers can see after thinking for few seconds) should be corrected because after the match there will be lot of issues and debates over it! (As people have said here - if the receiving team was Pakistan or India or even Australia, there would have been lot of debates/arguments/chaos regarding this match as it was also FINALS!)

I think this 5 or 6 runs issue could have got corrected on the spot (even after bowling 1 or 2 balls), just like a 5 balls counted in an over can be corrected before the next over is bowled (during over break) I don't think it would have impacted the match much if the 6 runs was overturned to 5. The players would have adjusted to the RRR soon! (Much better than what South Africa suddenly faced revised target in World Cup 92 due to DRS)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t understand why in such a crunch situation they can’t refer it to the 3rd umpire for confirmation

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Honestly players and cricket board need to be blamed for this. I'm sure 99.9% cricket players have no clue about this rule till Simon Taufel said this

Why can't cricketers educate themselves on such rules. They could have protested it,
    Why exactly do players need to know this? Isn't it umpire's job to know this. This is like expecting common people to know the law in detail when the judge/lawyer screws up.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest culprit in all of this is the third umpire... Hes upstairs having access to footage showing the batsman hadnt crossed the crease when the ball ricocheted of his bat and this should have been immediately brought to the ground umpires attention.
    This tarnishes what was otherwise a great game of cricket.
    Last edited by Grunge101; 15th July 2019 at 19:45.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m surprised the two dimwits were allowed to umpire in such a high-profiled game.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveedahmed1 View Post
    I don’t understand why in such a crunch situation they can’t refer it to the 3rd umpire for confirmation
    They didn't know about that issue at that point probably! Everyone were engaged in the tensed match perhaps! If it was a normal circumstance I think someone would have got hold of the rules! One team was dejected about the overthrow and the other team was probably surprised/happy about it! It was not the matter of 1 RUN at that point! It is the addition of 4 runs that impacted at that point of time! Only after the match is finished we are talking about "1 RUN", at that point of time it was about "4 RUNS"...! Overthrows can go to 4 runs as it has happened several times!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Why exactly do players need to know this? Isn't it umpire's job to know this. This is like expecting common people to know the law in detail when the judge/lawyer screws up.
    Exactly! Players job is just to play the sport and know some basic rules! Just like actors just know to act, then can't get into full details of script and how it was made!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umpiring was pretty garbage during the tournament. 4th umpire is the most useless person why isn't he made to catch such big errors? Is his job just to supple new balls or he doesn't something else also?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World champions baby!!!

Was not like to be, Imagine Morgan at 60 years of age and his grandson ask him how did you won wc as it was a tie, he replies we hit more boundries, the response... WHAT!!!! amd then he reads these articles and controversies.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If the shot had “only” scored 5 runs then the game would still have been tie-able or even winnable for England - the equation would have been different and so the deliveries would have been approached differently.

Who knows, Rashid has hit many boundaries in his career before, he could have hit one to win the World Cup.

5 runs or 6 runs, the game is done now and it’s a moot point.
    Exactly, Stokes was quite capable of bashing six off the last ball if the equation was different.

Sour grapes are sour.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    England's world cup win is a bigger fluke than every other cricket fluke combined.

Everyone that could have gone in their favor went their way. Only in cricket, a team which lost fewer wickets and tied the super-over would lose the world cup.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    England's world cup win is a bigger fluke than every other cricket fluke combined.

Everyone that could have gone in their favor went their way. Only in cricket, a team which lost fewer wickets and tied the super-over would lose the world cup.
    The rules were shown to everyone before the world cup so eng won fair and square.

The salty nz fans are just too much.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umpires were hopeless archers wide wasn’t a wide. As Sidhu once said “The umpires should be changed as often as nappies and for the same reason.”

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    I would like you to suggest a better alternative.
    upto a maximum of two super overs, if the 1st super over doesn't decide then go to second, if the second one doesn't decide add both overs runs, whoever got the most wins.

IF still no winner use the wickets in the super over, least wickets win, if still not then use wickets including the 50 overs innings. you will have a winner.

Not effing boundaries, this isnt t20...

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was a mistake then NZ won, and they should get the cup.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Simon Taufel claims ‘clear mistake’ made awarding England six runs

Feel sorry for the New Zealand fans. It was around 7 AM in the morning over there towards the closing moments of the match. How heart-breaking it must´ve been for them to have witnessed all that drama having stayed awake the whole night.

Also, a special mention must here go to Ian Smith. A legend of a commentator who has a tailor-made and God given voice which suits tense finishes like these. His wrestling style commentary and the energy that he brings was the beauty of the last few overs. Nasser and Bishop mostly just kept quiet to let the madness of Smith to take over. To his credit, the most courageous thing is that he keeps going in his style regardless of who wins. His commentary of the last ball gave the impression that he was an England commentator. Great stuff from him yesterday and as well as in the Semi-Final when Dhoni was batting (and then was run out) towards the end. The Semi-Final from World Cup 2015 is another such occasion which comes to my mind. I hope to witness another tight finish, or many more such finishes, with his voice/commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Was not like to be, Imagine Morgan at 60 years of age and his grandson ask him how did you won wc as it was a tie, he replies we hit more boundries, the response... WHAT!!!! amd then he reads these articles and controversies.
    Haha, you legend! This post made me laugh so hard! The scenario that you´ve just imagined, it keeps going through my head!
    Last edited by DHONI183; 15th July 2019 at 20:37.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guess I won't be in 'most people' category.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that all they’re discussing on the news are the rules...
    I’d rather talk about and get it out of my system now then come back in 30 years to say how the Kiwis were robbed..

Also discussing it means that a change may occur. The laws and overall standard of umpiring has been awful and talking about it whilst it’s all fresh is not only human nature but also not completely negative.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    Btw, this is quite classy by Australian Bookmakers Sportsbet, these are 2 tweets from them y'day -

"What do we do when the Cricket World Cup is decided by count back? REFUND ALL BETS on the loser! We're refunding all Tournament Outright and Head to Head bets on the Kiwis! That's choice bro. #CWC19"

"The World Cup was a tie. Plain and simple."
    well done i hope the uk ones do the same..

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an you show me where he "whined"...botham is a whiner..gatting is a whiner and a abusive thug..not Morgan..
    Here you go :
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ot-Eoin-Morgan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    England should be ashamed of themselves gloating over such a controversial and tainted win

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan764 View Post
    The rules were shown to everyone before the world cup so eng won fair and square.

The salty nz fans are just too much.
    Yes, England won fair and square. The rules were same for both teams but how often do you see two extremely rare rules deployed in the same game?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The fielder at third man just stood still, knowing how vital the match situation was, he should have run for his life and desperately tried to stop the ball from crossing the boundary even if he failed. He just stood there still

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Morgan didn't make the rules. He'll tell his grandson that the best team in the world won the world cup.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morgan didn't make the rules. He'll tell his grandson that the best team in the world won the world cup.

...and hope the little one does not ask further 'detail specific' questions

"I believed in myself. I never imagined myself as just an ordinary player" - Imran Khan

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will always be an asterisk against England's win. Embarrassing that the umpires missed this!

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This result hits you in installments. Yesterday, I felt bad for the Kiwis. Today, I'm just furious.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    This result hits you in installments. Yesterday, I felt bad for the Kiwis. Today, I'm just furious.
    😭 I hope you feel better soon bro.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    �� I hope you feel better soon bro.
    Name:  sad-dobby-300x199.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  10.3 KB

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Went to watch the highlights of the match on Sky and guess what - this incident isn't even in the highlights.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when T20 rules are brought in 50 overs cricket. It makes sense in T20. Not in odi.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YE\es he did not but rules were manipulated for his team,awarding 6 runs instead of five,imagine if same happened to England Botham would have been whining for eternity.Thanks to Newzilanders that they are silent.
    He will surely not tell that the best team in the finals was robbed of.
    Last edited by DRsohail; 15th July 2019 at 23:40.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farce result. Share the cup.

Why boundaries? Why not less wickets lost ? Aren't wickets more precious than boundaries which is just another denomination of runs ? Are you telling me if a batsman ran four runs, its less valuable than ball reaching the boundary? Common sense need to be applied , esp. on frickin world cup final.

Well played both teams and congratulations England , but you have no boasting rights and you know that too.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... And his grandson years later will realize how the "best team" won.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England Cricket World Cup win: 'Extra run' claims brushed off by Ashley Giles

England's director of cricket Ashley Giles says he is unconcerned at claims England were given an extra run in their World Cup win over New Zealand.

A fielder's throw hit Ben Stokes' bat as he dived to complete a second run in the final over and went for four.

England were given six runs but Stokes and Adil Rashid had not crossed when the throw was released, so the law appears to say that was one too many.

Asked whether it mattered to him, Giles said: "Not really."

He added: "You could argue the last ball that [Trent] Boult bowled was a full toss on leg stump and if Stokes' hadn't just been looking for two he probably would've banged it out of the ground anyway.

"We are world champions; we have got the trophy and we intend to keep it."

Retired Australian umpire Simon Taufel, who was named the International Cricket Council's Umpire of the Year on five successive occasions from 2004 to 2008, called the award of the extra run a "clear mistake".

The ICC said umpires took decisions on the field based on their interpretation of the rules and that it did not comment on them.

Stokes went on to help England match New Zealand's total of 241 before they won one of the most amazing games of cricket ever played following an additional 'super over'.

Both teams ended the extra over with 15 runs but England were crowned champions by virtue of having scored more boundary fours and sixes - 26 to New Zealand's 17 - in the entire match.

New Zealand batsman Henry Nicholls brushed off the decision as part of the sport.

"It doesn't mean anything to us now. It's the game; things happen," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Sometimes you get the rub of the green. England had a great tournament, they have been the dominant team for the last four years so they deserve to win it."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48991962

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes really. While English supporters are celebrating, pretty much ROW is saying this is the most controversial WC final. You seem to forget, England is the most hated nation in sports.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This puts a bad taste in my mouth hearing about this now, won't look at this win the same way now even though I wanted England to win bad.

But I have to point out the hypocrisy of some fans here who are totally okay that ICC allowed Ajmal and Hafeez to chuck for years and win us matches unfairly but are jumping hard on this one.

I guarantee you that Pakistani fans would have been okay with this win if we won in place of England, because majority were okay with us winning matches with chuckers, and Hafeez being allowed to chuck over and over again.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The commentators didn't pick up on this and they never showed it on replays which was strange.
    It is just so rare, normally overthrows come from the inner ring and we have seen 1 become 5. In those instances the batters normally have crossed at the point of the throw,
    Unreal stuff

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    Farce result. Share the cup.

Why boundaries? Why not less wickets lost ? Aren't wickets more precious than boundaries which is just another denomination of runs ? Are you telling me if a batsman ran four runs, its less valuable than ball reaching the boundary? Common sense need to be applied , esp. on frickin world cup final.

Well played both teams and congratulations England , but you have no boasting rights and you know that too.
    It's like NRR Vs H2H, it's all decided before.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any body who watched the whole tournament would of seen the two onfield umpires were the worst in the whole cup, aleem dar who most people agree is the best in the world was only 4th official. What’s the point of a 3rd umpire if he’s not keeping a close eye on the going on’s!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    There will always be an asterisk against England's win. Embarrassing that the umpires missed this!
    Nothing can come of this. My brother is getting so desperate about what happened. He was desperate for england to lose.
    I just remind him be wasn't talking for post game changes for refereeing errors/ gross luck when maradonna did his hand of "god"

Stokes still could have hit a 6 of the last 2 balls, he just didn't try because the last thing he needed was to get caught on the boundary. But if it was 7 off 2 he wouldn't have had a choice.
    So you can't definitively say it caused the result, which is correct

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eng were better team than NZ no doubt the whole tourney but what happened through dubious umpiring is just not acceptable left a bad taste imagine NZ.players reading Tauffel's verdict and their blood must be boiling sad ver sad shame on 1¢¢

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Yes really. While English supporters are celebrating, pretty much ROW is saying this is the most controversial WC final. You seem to forget, England is the most hated nation in sports.
    .... And this is the reason why. No other country has an "*" at their wins.