Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 209 of 209
  1. #161
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    12,449
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Nothing can come of this. My brother is getting so desperate about what happened. He was desperate for england to lose.
    I just remind him be wasn't talking for post game changes for refereeing errors/ gross luck when maradonna did his hand of "god"

    Stokes still could have hit a 6 of the last 2 balls, he just didn't try because the last thing he needed was to get caught on the boundary. But if it was 7 off 2 he wouldn't have had a choice.
    So you can't definitively say it caused the result, which is correct
    Well there were still two wickets left, both of whom capable of hitting a six, if not a four.
    The run outs were both at the end of the over so you could say it was the wrong decision not to go for a six with 3 balls left. I can accept it on the last ball with only one wicket left. To go for 2 runs or at worst a draw on the last ball was understandable.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    For a sensible fan you are not very sensible. ICC don’t require you to accept it. England won whatever you say happened.
    What is your problem if NZ shares your trophy? Will England feel insulted if there is a joint winner?

  3. #163
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satheesh View Post
    i don't think England is undeserving.... they lost the toss , faced the scoreboard pressure, didn't give up, took it to 'super overs' and were crowned winners as per the rules. Then .... it is the umpiring & rules that needs a serious look in.

    Here we are talking about that mere 1 run & the difference it could have made. But we have seen various instances in the past where 'strange rules' have made considerable differences to the fortunes.The only differences were that 'the occasions' were lesser important. For instance take that Kohli 'catch' in that AUS series when he was on 123, every neutral person thought that was not a fair catch . Similarly the recently concluded ODI series between AUS & IND where a DRS decision in the 4rth match turned the series 'upside down'.

    So these are the rules and the umpiring that needs a serious look in .ENG were unlucky in losing the toss which was reflected in the midst of their chase, but they recovered from that and emerged victorious. From my side , they needed more than that 1 run luck, to counter the unluck of losing the toss. Yet they emerged winners. So they are thoroughly deserving.
    Nope, they were never victorious - it was a bloody tie till the very end & they only managed to scrape ahead by a mere technicality which we now know was an umpiring error. . I am so tired of people saying that ‘England won’, ‘they were victorious’ , ‘they deserved it because they were no. 1’ blah blah blah... so pardon us if we think that NZ deserves to share that trophy. IF any decency left in ICC they should apologize to NZ & declare them joint winners.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,158
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    ICC's statement.

    “The umpires take decisions on the field with their interpretation of the rules and we don’t comment on any decisions as a matter of policy,” a spokesman said.
    These guys are bloody useless... not even an apology...

    Their incompetence cost us a WC, they better hope this doesn't happen to a team like India or Pakistan because it will be much worse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    852
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What people need to realise is if this happened to England their would of been up roar!!

    Mistakes like this should not be made , or if they are you would expect third umpire too intervene

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,006
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    ICC's statement.



    These guys are bloody useless... not even an apology...

    Their incompetence cost us a WC, they better hope this doesn't happen to a team like India or Pakistan because it will be much worse.
    Yeah is so stupid. As I said in the other thread, rules shouldn't be up for interpretation. They should be clearly defined.

    If I were ICC I'd probably ask ECB to agree to a tie. I'm sure England would be happy enough to agree, it takes away the tarnish of their win. The problem is for that to happen ICC have to admit fault which they clearly are not brave enough to do. A tie would be great, both teams could then resolve to win it outright in the future.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,271
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ICC should apologize and declare both Eng and NZ as the co winners of the tournament.

    It's the only way they can right their wrong.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,039
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of you are missing the point. This is not about an umpire making a mistake. Umpire mistakes happen all the time, and since the dawn of Cricket we've had Neutral Umpires, 3rd Umpires, DRS, all for the purpose of mitigating mistakes made by an umpire, but guess what, mistakes still happen and have been part and parcel of every series/tournament including this WC. Had England won in 50 overs, or even New Zealand in 50 overs, this mistake would not even be a talking point.

    The reason this mistake is a talking point is because it highlights the sheer stupidity of the ICC. England won, no one is blaming England, no one is saying England did not deserve to win, but the manner of the win is put to question which is why the point/question here is who in the ICC came up with the bright idea of deciding a tie breaker in ODIs using boundaries? The blame must go to the ICC.

    Boundaries have never been used to determine an ODI match, not a single one in 4000+ ODIs. The measurement metric to break a tie could have been something else that has previously been used to determine a result. RR, NRR, Wickets, Runs, table position, etc, or even additional super-overs in sudden death mode. Even granting the mistake if the umpires, if the winner was decided using any previous or sudden death metric, this would not be an issue.

    No team walks out to play and says *we need to score x number of boundaries to win a match*, not a single team or player. Which is why the boundary tie breaker is ridiculous. Blame the ICC, not the umpires, not England, not NZ, but the ICC, who may I remind readers were also responsible for the 2007 Final debacle where there were lighting issues! Remember that? Ultimately D&L came into play then, which is still acceptable because D&L has been used to determine matches before; ironically D&L was the result of the 1992 SF 22 off 1 debacle.

    The fact the umpire error in this case cost 1 run, the smallest of all margins possible, resulting in a tie, that ended in the tie breaker debacle, is the reason why this is a talking point; not umpire error itself per se. I bet you there are countless examples of the same error in previous matches, but no one cared or spotted it!

    Whether you like it or not, this World Cup final will go down as the most controversial game in ODI history simply because of the way the winner was determined and the status of the game. This is neither England’s nor New Zealand’s fault, but unfortunately for England, their victory will forever be marred by controversy which is sad given how the team have transformed in the past 4 years and played very well in the WC.

    Now if there is a bright spark here on PP, please explain to readers the logic behind using boundaries as the first tie breaker after the super-over. This should be the discussion, not the umpire error.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if God planned the way England won to shut up those who had for all those years called Pak win as fluke, robbed, etc.

    England has won and that need to be respected.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,745
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Even brohit wasn't happy with the rules


    BCCI needs to have a serious look in also.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,867
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly I can’t see a scenario where the result would be retrospectively changed. There are 2 arguments for it aren’t there -

    a) The rules were a swizz;
    b) Should have been 5 runs off the deflection and not 6.

    Now a) is instantly refutable because the rules are the rules and are signed off before the start of the tournament, all teams participating must adhere to them; whereas b) is almost as easily refuted because England could/would have played the final two deliveries differently up against a different equation, and could have tied or won anyway.

    Someone on another forum mentioned the Court of Arbitration for Sport. But they do not intervene to change on-field results - they rule on matters of sound competition, and fairness within the rules going forward.

    The result and the winner of the World Cup (sole winner that is, not joint) will stand.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,831
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There had to be one winner, it was England, they played by the rules and deserve to be winners.

    Cricket used to be called a gentlemens game because even though the umpires are not perfect teams respected their decisions.

    Most of the controversy is because people wanted NZ to win.

  13. #173
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    There had to be one winner, it was England, they played by the rules and deserve to be winners.

    Cricket used to be called a gentlemens game because even though the umpires are not perfect teams respected their decisions.

    Most of the controversy is because people wanted NZ to win.
    2 things have marred this game and both are in many peoples eyes ridiculous rules.
    1. The extras from the deflection of stokes bat.
    2. The boundaries count.tie-breaker.

    Yes england won the world cup according to the rules and no one should take anything away from them, but these two ridiculous rules, did help england to win a game that they were about to lose!

  14. #174
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,831
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    2 things have marred this game and both are in many peoples eyes ridiculous rules.
    1. The extras from the deflection of stokes bat.
    2. The boundaries count.tie-breaker.

    Yes england won the world cup according to the rules and no one should take anything away from them, but these two ridiculous rules, did help england to win a game that they were about to lose!
    The only thing that is marring the game is people that cant accept that it is over and England won.

  15. #175
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The only thing that is marring the game is people that cant accept that it is over and England won.
    Na, debate is healthy, thats why these forums exist!
    Or do you prefer an authoritarian communist society?!!

  16. #176
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,831
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Na, debate is healthy, thats why these forums exist!
    Or do you prefer an authoritarian communist society?!!
    Depends why you are debating, if it just because you didnt like England winning then its really just mindless chatter. If you are debating the rules then why not do it before the match, why wait until its too late to do anything about it.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    There had to be one winner, it was England, they played by the rules and deserve to be winners.

    Cricket used to be called a gentlemens game because even though the umpires are not perfect teams respected their decisions.

    Most of the controversy is because people wanted NZ to win.
    Cricket is not the same anymore because of so many cameras involved now. You can analyze the game minutely from different angles. Umpiring mistakes cannot and should not be ignored now and thats the way it should be. Pointing out a glaring mistake doesnt mean disrespecting the umpire. Ignoring the mistakes which can have such a massive impact on the game is disrespectful to the game itself.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    3,671
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that had any of our teams (India, Pakistan, Australia etc) won in this manner, we would have been first in line claiming a fair win. I know I would.

    So there's no point begrudging England fans their opinion.

    England were the better team this series so deserved to win overall. They got lucky, but they did not cheat, and that's the thing about luck- it's very random. It also seems to favour the prepared.

    It was a great, great game, so bitter and so sweet- that's why cricket is like life itself, glorious highs, abysmal lows, chances taken and not, keening regret and what-ifs. There were rules- and the rules seemed betray one team, no one ever thought that a randomly chosen metric would decide the final outcome. No one thought we'd have a tie upon a tie. But there we were. And that's life itself, neither fair nor unfair, just a random statistic driving outcomes that we hope we can influence through sheer hard work- sometimes we can and sometimes we cannot. Decisions were taken on field (umpires) that are being now questioned. That too is life. You rarely go back and change the past.

    So I congratulate England on the win.

    You can rarely change the past but you can definitely make a better future. Therefore I believe that ICC must get better at rule making, and Umpires need to get better using time and technology to make decisions.

    Meanwhile this game will endure. We will look and re-look, change opinions as time passes, interpret and reinterpret, and through all of this there's a memory of the game, a beautiful and frustrating day. This game will live in many fans' minds - at least those who watched it- as .one of the high watermark moment of their cricket watching. I know I will. It is the finest example of cricket = life as it is, not how we want it to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    There had to be one winner, it was England, they played by the rules and deserve to be winners.

    Cricket used to be called a gentlemens game because even though the umpires are not perfect teams respected their decisions.

    Most of the controversy is because people wanted NZ to win.
    Cricket was never a gentleman's game- we have had high politics, racism, chancers, bookies and betmakers (19th century, not just current times), questionable characters, utter snobs who called themselves gentlemen all weaved into the game. Rather this was a game that reflects life, and all and everything that's part of it.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,500
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The only thing that is marring the game is people that cant accept that it is over and England won.
    The truth.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jf this had happened to India, ICC would've declared the trophy be shared already due to the uproar. NZ are too soft

  21. #181
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,500
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    We need to address the main issue.

    Most here are unable to digest this because the mental midgets, chokers, bottlers and also known as the whining Poms have not only won the World Cup, they ended up winning the greatest World Cup Final of all time too.

    This is a nightmare for them and frankly they deserve it for their condescending attitude towards England. They spat on their success and hunger to win the World Cup and judged them for the failures of their predecessors.

    They have been taught a lesson by no one else but God.

  22. #182
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Depends why you are debating, if it just because you didnt like England winning then its really just mindless chatter. If you are debating the rules then why not do it before the match, why wait until its too late to do anything about it.
    Just like the players on both sides, i didn't know that the icc had set boundary count as a parameter for deciding tied games, until we went to a super over and the commentators revealed the set parameters for ties.
    Sorry i am not as knowledgeable as an elite icc umpire!!!
    Anyway, why you getting your pants in a twist!!!
    Everyone has a right to discuss what they want, especially about cricket on a cricket forum!!
    As a englishman, i can't wait for the ashes to begin and we make you arrogrant aussies ""grovel"", as the late, great tony grieg would say!!!

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    Obviously ICC desperately wanted England to win for the corporate side of the game at all costs
    They have been crying about it for years.

  24. #184
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We need to address the main issue.

    Most here are unable to digest this because the mental midgets, chokers, bottlers and also known as the whining Poms have not only won the World Cup, they ended up winning the greatest World Cup Final of all time too.

    This is a nightmare for them and frankly they deserve it for their condescending attitude towards England. They spat on their success and hunger to win the World Cup and judged them for the failures of their predecessors.

    They have been taught a lesson by no one else but God.
    Calm down young man, you will do yourself a mischief!!

    I am an englishman born and bred!
    And i can tell you that a true englishman regards fair play and sportmanship in higher regard than winning!!

    Unfortunately, this final ended in a sour note, not due to any of the magnificent 22 players on the pitch's fault but due to the icc and their tournament rule of using boundary counts as a parameter to decide tied games!!!

    I do however, appreciate your passion for my country's national cricket team, thank you sir!!!

  25. #185
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame ICC. how can they choose such incompetent umpires in a WC final who dont even know the rules & laws of the game. ICC is probably the worst organization among all international sports organizations.
    Also I dont get how some are claiming the best team won. England didnt even win in the super over, lost to Sri Lanka, Pakistan & Australia and finished third in the round robin phase.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,145
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Simon Taufel was one of the best umpires! It is hard to find such umpires who are good in all aspects!

  27. #187
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,444
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We need to address the main issue.

    Most here are unable to digest this because the mental midgets, chokers, bottlers and also known as the whining Poms have not only won the World Cup, they ended up winning the greatest World Cup Final of all time too.

    This is a nightmare for them and frankly they deserve it for their condescending attitude towards England. They spat on their success and hunger to win the World Cup and judged them for the failures of their predecessors.

    They have been taught a lesson by no one else but God.
    lol. You're not from England so stop getting excited. Your team India is overrated and were shown the way out by the Kiwis.

    Umpire errors happen all the time, no different here.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  28. #188
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,500
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol. You're not from England so stop getting excited. Your team India is overrated and were shown the way out by the Kiwis.

    Umpire errors happen all the time, no different here.
    I am not excited or happy. I am not a brown angraiz like you and I don’t have any attachment to the UK. I only support England as my second team because of my family.

    India is not “my” team either.

    However, the anti-English bias here can be nauseating. You don’t have to love or support this team, but you have to admire the hard work they have put in over the last 4 years, and how desperate they have been to win this World Cup.

    These people got trolled hard not just because England disproved the notion that they are chokers, they also won the greatest ODI of all time.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,254
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    This is what happens when T20 rules are brought in 50 overs cricket. It makes sense in T20. Not in odi.
    and who is at most fault for this? India which pushes for the formats dilution

  30. #190
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am not excited or happy. I am not a brown angraiz like you and I don’t have any attachment to the UK. I only support England as my second team because of my family.

    India is not “my” team either.

    However, the anti-English bias here can be nauseating. You don’t have to love or support this team, but you have to admire the hard work they have put in over the last 4 years, and how desperate they have been to win this World Cup.

    These people got trolled hard not just because England disproved the notion that they are chokers, they also won the greatest ODI of all time.
    Except they didnt win. It was a tie🤣🤣🤣🤣

  31. #191
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,039
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol. You're not from England so stop getting excited. Your team India is overrated and were shown the way out by the Kiwis.

    Umpire errors happen all the time, no different here.
    Exactly, at one point (2nd match of the WC) West Indies were going to win the world cup according to him!

    All hail the glory supporter!

  32. #192
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    32,776
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    England Chief Ashley Giles Dismisses World Cup Final "Extra Run" Row

    England director of cricket Ashley Giles has insisted he had no qualms about keeping the World Cup trophy after former leading umpire Simon Taufel said the hosts were mistakenly awarded an extra run during their nail-biting win over New Zealand in the final at Lord's. A freak fielding deflection off Ben Stokes' bat that raced to the boundary saw England awarded six runs with three balls to go in the final over on Sunday. Stokes then tied the score at the end of regular play. Scores were again level in the resulting Super Over, and England won a first World Cup because they had hit more boundaries during the final.

    Taufel told Fox Sports Australia that the umpires had made a "clear mistake", as the batsmen had not crossed for their second run when the ball was thrown in by the fielder.

    "They should have been awarded five runs, not six," he said, adding that England's Adil Rashid should have faced the second-last ball instead of Stokes.

    Giles, asked if he was concerned, said Monday: "Not really."

    The former England spinner added: "You could argue the last ball that (Trent) Boult bowled was a full toss on leg stump and if Stokes hadn't just been looking for two, he probably would've banged it out of the ground anyway.

    "We are world champions; we have got the trophy and we intend to keep it."

    Taufel, a five-time winner of the International Cricket Council's Umpire of the Year award, sits on the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) laws sub-committee, the worldwide custodian of cricket's sometimes obscure rules of play.

    The Australian defended the match umpires, who he said had to make a complicated judgement, and added it would be "unfair" to say their call had decided the tournament winner.

    Heartbroken New Zealand captain Kane Williamson said: "It was a shame that the ball hit Stokes' bat.

    "Unfortunately that sort of thing happens from time to time. It's a part of the game that we play."

    England, who have often cited a humiliating defeat by New Zealand at the 2015 World Cup as the catalyst for their climb to the top of the one-day international rankings, finally have a World Cup win to go with their three losing appearances in the 1979, 1987 and 1992 finals.

    New Zealand were also seeking to win the trophy for the first time after being well beaten by Australia in the 2015 showpiece.

    https://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-20...70087?&tb_cb=1


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  33. #193
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,867
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the hopeful wishes for an inquest into the result of the Final are already fading. Not heard anything on this from the ICC, and the NZ team has again confirmed that they accept the result (despite also acknowledging the huge disappointment).

  34. #194
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    1,389
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me the issue isn’t of the boundary, that is such a bang bang play, but it was the method of victory itself.

    The total boundaries should not be a measuring stick; the teams should continue to play super overs until one team scores more than the other.

    Boundaries are so esoteric and obscure, and given that the fluke boundary which is in controversy is part of the discussion, it deserves more merit.

    Two teams scored the exact same amount of runs, and one team won due to boundaries? My guess is players don’t even know that the rule exists.

  35. #195
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Sounds like the hopeful wishes for an inquest into the result of the Final are already fading. Not heard anything on this from the ICC, and the NZ team has again confirmed that they accept the result (despite also acknowledging the huge disappointment).
    Not practical to have an inquest. But it’s a massive disgrace that in such a big and vital moment the umpires didn’t know the rules that they are paid to know and gifted England the extra run. Especially as they took time out to work out what happened.

    In a way I feel bad for England because their champion status will be tainted from now on through no fault of their own. It would have been better for England to have won from 4 runs off 2 balls with Rashid facing.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,500
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Exactly, at one point (2nd match of the WC) West Indies were going to win the world cup according to him!

    All hail the glory supporter!
    Another day, another lie. Is it pathological or is it your obsession with having the last post in every discussion?

    What I said was that I enjoy West Indies play because Holder, and they are my third favorite team in this World Cup.

    Favorite in terms of enjoying watching them play and not in terms of winning the World Cup. Anyway, carry on. Repeat yourself.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 17th July 2019 at 10:55.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,500
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    Except they didnt win. It was a tie🤣🤣🤣🤣
    They did. They scored more boundaries and were declared the winner. Yes a ridiculous rule, but it was the same for both teams.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,039
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Another day, another lie. Is it pathological or is it your obsession with having the last post in every discussion?

    What I said was that I enjoy West Indies play because Holder, and they are my third favorite team in this World Cup.

    Favorite in terms of enjoying watching them play and not in terms of winning the World Cup. Anyway, carry on. Repeat yourself
    3rd favourite? You sure about that? Pakistan being your first, India second, England third, WI would be your fourth.

    You know what they say about fibbing - you got to lie 100 times to protect one lie.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,158
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    They did. They scored more boundaries and were declared the winner. Yes a ridiculous rule, but it was the same for both teams.
    Bro you're coming off like a 5* jabroni with the hypocrisy.

    For years you banged on about Pakistan's fluke and here you here celebrating dubious WC "win" in a match they never actually won and had all the fortune on their side to do it.

    Pakistan completely hammered India to win the CT. There was no fluke or fortune to make up for the gap between the two teams that day.
    Last edited by Aman; 17th July 2019 at 12:33.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  40. #200
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new zealand were no doubt robbed this match. you have to say the umpiring this world cup was atrocious. and no one is held accountable. never seen so many horrible mistakes by umpires in any world cup. in almost every match, the umpires made the wrong decisions in crucial stages of the game

    remember how gayle was out on a huge no ball?
    so many incidents one can think of. there must be some sort of reprimand at least


    But it would have been even sadder if eng lost the final.
    you cant deny that nz were lucky to be in the semifinal


  41. #201
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    11,288
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    and who is at most fault for this? India which pushes for the formats dilution
    what did BCCI do? It's ICC who makes the rules.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    1,336
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if India, Eng, Aus or Pak were on the receiving end of this whole debacle I'm pretty sure ICC would have acted differently.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    871
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Ian Botham should stop barking about England being robbed in 1992 after this


    Both the umpires need to be sacked after this. Imagine happening this to any Asian teams, umpire had to get presidential security for them .
    I would go further and look into the role of the off-field umpires too. I recall the on-field umpires did consult 3rd umpire Rod Tucker on the 'over-throw'.


    Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,158
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it.. the creation of T20 cricket cost us a WC


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  45. #205
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    871
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent Boult also had some surprising news: He hadn't been made aware there would be a super over until the second to last ball of the game.
    "When I saw three off two, that's when the umpires told me there would be a super over. Crazy game to be a part of," he said.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...world-cup-loss


    Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    38
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Bro you're coming off like a 5* jabroni with the hypocrisy.

    For years you banged on about Pakistan's fluke and here you here celebrating dubious WC "win" in a match they never actually won and had all the fortune on their side to do it.

    Pakistan completely hammered India to win the CT. There was no fluke or fortune to make up for the gap between the two teams that day.
    But but England were No1 ranked team so automatically they deserve world cup without playing but but they built a new team and style over the past 4 years who can only play aggressive on flat roads at home but but they deserve luck and their luck is not fluke as Mamoon supported them

  47. #207
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,354
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    It was an ideal situation for the 3rd or 4th umpire or match referee to intervene. Surely one of them must have known it was the wrong call or had the common sense to ask to see a replay.

    Cricket really needs to sort out the decision-making process between 3rd/4th umpires and the on-field umpires, as there is no cohesion or teamwork.
    Last edited by Saj; 20th July 2019 at 01:13.



  48. #208
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,095
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The World Cup 2019 final overthrow incident involving England's Ben Stokes and New Zealand's Martin Guptill, which took the match to a Super Over, will be reviewed in September 2019, the MCC World Cricket committee (WCC) decided during a meeting on Monday. The decision was taken by the WCC panel including the likes of former cricketers Shane Warne and Kumar Sangakkara after the overthrow call caused a massive uproar in the world media and cricket fraternity. On-field umpire Kumar Dharmasena had also admitted to the error in judgement, days after the controversy broke out.

    "The WCC discussed Law 19.8 in relation to overthrows, in the context of the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Final. WCC felt that the Law was clear but the matter will be reviewed by the Laws sub-committee in September 2019," the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) said in a statement.

    The WCC during the meet also welcomed the introduction of replacements for players suffering from concussion and ICC's recent announcement of further trials into the automated calling of No balls.

    According to the MCC release, "the committee also suggested that ball-tracking software should be used to help on-field umpires judge No balls over waist height and wides over the batsman's head. Such calls often prove to be difficult for umpires but would be relatively straightforward for technology to assist with."

    Among other major discussions, which took place during the meet, the WCC expressed its support in seeing the return of touring sides to Pakistan.

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/worl...mpression=true
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th August 2019 at 10:54.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    401
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England edged past New Zealand by a technicality in the final of World Cup 2019 after the match witnessed some controversial calls from the umpires. The decision of giving four overthrows after the ball deflected off Ben Stokes' bat to the boundary turned out to be match-defining. The debate over the contentious call is still on with many cricket pundits, including former cricketers, claiming that England won because of a mistake from umpires. Former Australia spinner Shane Warne, who is also a part of the MCC committee which will review the decision, also questioned it, saying that the overthrow should have been called a dead ball.


    Speaking to IANS, Warne said that the spirit of the game calls for a ball to be called dead the moment a throw hits a batsman, irrespective of whether it goes for a boundary or not.
    "Well I am on the committee that reviews it and we are doing that. I think the law of the game is pretty right. I suggested that it should be a dead ball at all times once it hits the body of the batsman whether it goes to the boundary or it doesn't. It should be a dead ball and you cannot run. I think that is the spirit of the game," he pointed.


    Warne is super excited to see the start of the World Test Championship but feels the ICC could have marketed it better.


    "I like the World Test Championship a lot and I wish the ICC would have marketed it a lot more and put some more money behind it to push it out more than they have. Yes, I like the context it brings in and that all Test matches count. I am sure in the coming years, they will get it right as I don't think they have got it fully right this time," he said.
    Asked about the numbers on the jerseys -- quite a debate among former players -- the former Australia player said he doesn't mind having numbers on the back and wants them even on the jumpers.


    "I don't mind the numbers in Test cricket as I think it is easier for the fans to identify the players, so I have no issue with it. I think they should have it on the jumpers as well because you can't see the numbers once the players put on the jumpers," he smiled.


    Another raging debate has been the quality of umpiring in recent times and once again, Warne makes no bones about the fact that world cricket needs the best in the business to be manning the game at all times.


    "Yes, in the MCC meeting the point was tabled and we had a long discussion on this. We just want the best umpires at all times and whether that means an Indian umpire can adjudicate in an India Test match or an Australian umpire can officiate in a Boxing Day Test or an English umpire can be umpiring at Lord's and so on. We just want the best umpires and it needs a little bit more discussion.


    "Over the last year or so, the Aussies have looked inside and tried to figure out who they want to be and how they want to play their cricket etc. I think they have become a very good side again. Their bowling has always been very good, but their batting with Smith and Warner back in, emergency of Mathew Wade and Travis Head has made them a very good side again. And I think they will become one of the best sides in world cricket again," he explained.



    Source
    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/shan...mpression=true
    Last edited by Rellu_Katta; 21st August 2019 at 13:56.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •