Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

India [167/5] defeat West Indies [98/4] by 22 runs via [D/L Method]

After putting up subpar performances with the bat in the first T20I, both West Indies and India would want to improve on that when they face off in second game of the three-match series in Lauderhill on Sunday, 4 August.

Overview

West Indies v India, 2nd T20I
    Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, USA
    Sunday, 4 August, 1030am local time, 2.30pm GMT

Both Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine marked their return to international cricket with impressive performances, with the bat and ball respectively, but it didn't suffice, as the batsmen aggregated 95/9 in the allotted 20 overs in the first game on Saturday. Captain Carlos Brathwaite will want them to take up the responsibility and put in a much-improved performance to stay alive in the three-match series.

As for India, lack of scoreboard pressure made sure that they achieved the required target, despite having no significant contribution from their batsmen. However, the young bowling attack was excellent, something that would please Virat Kohli, who will look for similar impact, as India aim to seal the series.

Remember the last time

India chased down a 96-run target with four wickets in hand to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Such was the dominance the bowlers had on the game on Saturday that the highest partnership of the game was worth only 32 runs - the fourth-wicket stand between Virat Kohli and Manish Pandey in the second innings.

What they said

Sunil Narine (West Indies): "It is always good to be back in maroon. Hopefully, I can continue with the performances and keep playing for West Indies. We have to go out there and start winning cricket games before the World Cup. Once we play good cricket and hard cricket, the result will take care of itself."

Sunil Narine finished with figures of 2/14 on his return to international cricket Sunil Narine finished with figures of 2/14 on his return to international cricket
    Virat Kohli (captain, India): "The bowling and fielding were right up there [in the first match]. We would have liked to chase this four down maximum, that's how this pitch was. It was tough to get your shots away with the old ball. We just want to contribute as a team in the second game."

Conditions

A clear and sunny start to the day is expected, with minimum chances of rain, and hence the surface is expected to be a lot drier on Sunday. Spinners might play a decisive role and, considering the conditions, a change in tactics could be expected from both captains at the toss.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1300287
    Last edited by The Viper; 5th August 2019 at 01:20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Chance for WI to get back in the series.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India 67/1 in 7.5 overs.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The most pointless series

Only test matches will be interesting

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why was Kohli even playing he should just test both shreyas and Manish by taking rest.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early exit for Pant again.
    Mindless shot.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Early exit for Pant again.
    Mindless shot.
    He has to be one of most brainless batsmen to come out of India.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pk716 View Post
    Why was Kohli even playing he should just test both shreyas and Manish by taking rest.
    Exaclty. He is clearly struggling here.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    I thought he was incredibly talented?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    I thought he was incredibly talented?
    You can have talent and still be brainless. Afridi is the biggest example.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I like Pant - literally throws in all he has in the game!

IND 167/5 (20.0)
    WI 16/2 (5.1) CRR: 3.1 REQ: 10.25
    West Indies need 152 runs in 89 balls

WI going down quick.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    You should probably watch some innings of SRT when he had just started playing ODIs. He got out to brainless rubbish slogs more often than not. Weren't his first three ODI scores 0,0 and 1?

This kid has tons in Australia and England as a wicketkeeper. I can't think of any Asian wicketkeeper who has done that while keeping gloves. There may be just one or two others.

I would give him a long rope and try him out for another year in LOIs. If he still can't do anything significant he should be thrown out. Definitely better than playing an over the hill Dhoni who will be 42 when the next world Cup comes around.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I like Pant - literally throws in all he has in the game!

IND 167/5 (20.0)
    WI 16/2 (5.1) CRR: 3.1 REQ: 10.25
    West Indies need 152 runs in 89 balls

WI going down quick.
    Yeah that includes his wicket too. I don't know how he is different from someone like Umar Akmal?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Ball View Post
    You should probably watch some innings of SRT when he had just started playing ODIs. He got out to brainless rubbish slogs more often than not. Weren't his first three ODI scores 0,0 and 1?

This kid has tons in Australia and England as a wicketkeeper. I can't think of any Asian wicketkeeper who has done that while keeping gloves. There may be just one or two others.

I would give him a long rope and try him out for another year in LOIs. If he still can't do anything significant he should be thrown out. Definitely better than playing an over the hill Dhoni who will be 42 when the next world Cup comes around.
    Please don't bring Sachin's name to justify Pant's poor performances.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Please don't bring Sachin's name to justify Pant's poor performances.
    All I am saying is even a great batsman like SRT needed time to adjust to international cricket. Give him time.

Pant should be persisted with as I think getting test tons in Australia and England in debut series is no small feat. Something Dhoni couldn't come close to in his decade long test career.

There is absolutely zero point in getting back Dhoni into the side and Pant looks better than Saha to me. Maybe try Samson if Pant fails for another year.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Boring to the core. Meaningless series.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India should win this one also.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All I am saying is even a great batsman like SRT needed time to adjust to international cricket. Give him time.

Pant should be persisted with as I think getting test tons in Australia and England in debut series is no small feat. Something Dhoni couldn't come close to in his decade long test career.

There is absolutely zero point in getting back Dhoni into the side and Pant looks better than Saha to me. Maybe try Samson if Pant fails for another year.
    And where did I say Dhoni should be selected? I have said it multiple times already Dhoni is gone. Not sure why are you guys bringing his name when we are discussing Pant's poor performances?

Obviously he will be dropped and someone new will be tried if he continuously performs poorly. Everyone deserves equal opportunities to cement their place in the team but thats not how thing work in reality. Guys like Shankar, Rayudu are perfect examples of that.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    103 from 55 balls.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    West Indies require another 85 runs with 8 wickets and 42 balls remaining

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth has jadeja not bowled a single over yet? Does Kohli have issues even remembering how many and which options he has available on field?
    Last edited by jagatk; 4th August 2019 at 23:55.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    IND 167/5 (20.0)
    WI 98/4 (15.3) CRR: 6.32 REQ: 15.56
    West Indies need 70 runs in 27 balls - Play stopped due to bad weather (lightning in the area)

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And where did I say Dhoni should be selected? I have said it multiple times already Dhoni is gone. Not sure why are you guys bringing his name when we are discussing Pant's poor performances?

Obviously he will be dropped and someone new will be tried if he continuously performs poorly. Everyone deserves equal opportunities to cement their place in the team but thats not how thing work in reality. Guys like Shankar, Rayudu are perfect examples of that.
    Because i have read multiple reports that Dhoni will be continuing till World Cup T20 in 2020. Believe it or not, there are many of his delusional fans online who feel he still adds value to the LOI side...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Because i have read multiple reports that Dhoni will be continuing till World Cup T20 in 2020. Believe it or not, there are many of his delusional fans online who feel he still adds value to the LOI side...
    I wanted him in the World Cup side but not after that. He should retire now. He can continue playing in IPL for 10 more years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies has completely lost it. This is a format where they are supposed to excel. They are the reigning world champion and yet they are playing like associates.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion