Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 101
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,715
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    PCB advertises for the position of Head Coach, Batting Coach & Bowling Coach

    Last edited by MenInG; 23rd August 2019 at 02:49.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,956
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hm so last date is 23 .i wonder when is last date for indian coach selection. If moddy is not selected we can rope him in

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Thanks


    Name:  c1.JPG
Views: 3210
Size:  106.6 KB

    Name:  c2.JPG
Views: 2883
Size:  88.1 KB

    Name:  c3.JPG
Views: 2893
Size:  92.5 KB

    Name:  c4.JPG
Views: 2892
Size:  126.3 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th August 2019 at 14:34.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No batting coach?????

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    No batting coach?????
    4 coaches advertised


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What is strength and conditioning coach??

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,300
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hoping for Misbah to apply


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    What is strength and conditioning coach??
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2732
Size:  42.5 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Hoping for Misbah to apply
    What coaching credential Misbah has? Neither certificate nor experience. He is still a current player.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    30,140
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Please take Ravi Shastri and his team.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Please take Ravi Shastri and his team.
    hahaha aap rakho apnay elite coaching staff apnay pass. ;p

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can international coaches also apply online? And if yes..Then what is the procedure?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If misbah become coach be ready for the glorious era of 225 scored in 50 overs. Smh....

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Where are fielding coach and trainer positions? Our fielding was terrible for last 1 year.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Interesting - minimum accreditation required is Level II, for Head Coach!!!! Among all the required qualifications, only the accreditation part is something that is quantifiable - rest are subjective. Level II is quite low actually and itís not mentioned from where that Level II Badge has to be accredited......

    This actually qualifies many Deshi greats as well..... thinking loudly, no ill intentions here👍

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Interesting - minimum accreditation required is Level II, for Head Coach!!!! Among all the required qualifications, only the accreditation part is something that is quantifiable - rest are subjective. Level II is quite low actually and it’s not mentioned from where that Level II Badge has to be accredited......

    This actually qualifies many Deshi greats as well..... thinking loudly, no ill intentions here��
    Yes level II badge is low but many high level coaches dont even have that.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    30,140
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    hahaha aap rakho apnay elite coaching staff apnay pass. ;p
    Sir lelo naaa. Saste mein de denge. Total 4 coaches ka $1.5mn .

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    2,541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone share which pakistani folks have level 2, especially curious about Mohsin Khan.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Yes level II badge is low but many high level coaches dont even have that.
    Who are these coaches?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    Can someone share which pakistani folks have level 2, especially curious about Mohsin Khan.
    Mohsin Khan has certificate 3 in 3rd grade Bollywood movies.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,146
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    What coaching credential Misbah has? Neither certificate nor experience. He is still a current player.
    I think Misbah actually does have Level II coaching credentials. He was one of the ex-cricketers who participated in the PCB's Level II coaching course. I'm just not sure if completion of that course actually means you are certified as a Level II coach? I would assume there is some sort of evaluation / test afterwards?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offstump View Post
    I think Misbah actually does have Level II coaching credentials. He was one of the ex-cricketers who participated in the PCB's Level II coaching course. I'm just not sure if completion of that course actually means you are certified as a Level II coach? I would assume there is some sort of evaluation / test afterwards?
    Still Misbah doesn't meet all the criteria. PCB wants minimum 3 years experience mean with any international team.
    But then again its PCB and they can make even Shakil Sheikh as head coach.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Where are fielding coach and trainer positions? Our fielding was terrible for last 1 year.
    Fielding coach grant bradburns contract expires after the world T20 so there is no change in fielding coach.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offstump View Post
    I think Misbah actually does have Level II coaching credentials. He was one of the ex-cricketers who participated in the PCB's Level II coaching course. I'm just not sure if completion of that course actually means you are certified as a Level II coach? I would assume there is some sort of evaluation / test afterwards?
    You are right misbah has completed his level 2 coaching course recently at the NCA.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Still Misbah doesn't meet all the criteria. PCB wants minimum 3 years experience mean with any international team.
    But then again its PCB and they can make even Shakil Sheikh as head coach.
    No, technically he qualifies.

    Only that Level II clause is quantifiable - you have it or not. Rest can be manipulated easily if PCB wants to hire him. Say, as Captain, a Misbah was part of the strategic planning of IU (check the ad - they didnít mention on hand coaching as required qualification, rather had beaten about the bush, neither number of days are quantified, just mentioned 3 years - could be 3 weeks every year, starting 3 years back).

    Rest requirements are not even for a Cricket HC - for any Business Managerís role, you can use the same ad without that first clause.

    From the ad, my hunch is that they are indeed giving a serious thought about Misbah - that ad is Taylor made to fit him.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Upto PCB to bend the rules as long as the job gets done.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,763
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Win or lose the World Cup, the whole of the rest of the World does not engage in these knee jerk reactions of sacking everyone. Except Pakistan. A mid-ranked odi team who, in the end, played exceptionally well at the back end of the tournament, yet Mickey and Co are forced out. Because nothing short of winning the World Cup would do. Just shows you can have Ehsan Mani or some pendo off the street. The mentality will never change.
    Last edited by Usman; 10th August 2019 at 15:36.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan need to talk personally with Henson and Moody . Try to get one of them.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    275
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Pakistan need to talk personally with Henson and Moody . Try to get one of them.
    Moody is only one call away from Imran khan...

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post
    Moody is only one call away from Imran khan...
    I do not think Imran will make any choices. But I genuinely feel Moody will be good option for Pakistan right now.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    I do not think Imran will make any choices. But I genuinely feel Moody will be good option for Pakistan right now.
    He will ,he cares deeply for our cricket and it showed in his speech in the USA.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,907
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Win or lose the World Cup, the whole of the rest of the World does not engage in these knee jerk reactions of sacking everyone. Except Pakistan. A mid-ranked odi team who, in the end, played exceptionally well at the back end of the tournament, yet Mickey and Co are forced out. Because nothing short of winning the World Cup would do. Just shows you can have Ehsan Mani or some pendo off the street. The mentality will never change.
    I wouldn't say it's a knee-jerk reaction because their contracts were set to finish after the WC. That's why the fielding coach wasn't removed.

    Pakistan's performance in Test and ODI cricket has been awful, so it makes sense to go with someone else. It actually would have been worse if that little winning streak at the end led to keeping the same coaching staff.

    Plus, it allows Ehsan Mani and Wasim Khan an opportunity to stamp their brand on Pakistani cricket. Coaches are often on limited time when there's a change in management and that includes sports other than cricket too.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    He will ,he cares deeply for our cricket and it showed in his speech in the USA.
    Off course he will , as a former cricketer , but I do not think he would take such decision.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The final date for applications has been changed to 26th August as per sources.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    9,062
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Donít think many are interested in applying for the positions - especially ones with strong CVís. Donít blame them.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,425
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the combo of Deano, Misbah and Waqar is the best available.

    The PCB might regret letting Mickey go that easily


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    2,641
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not much interest all i guess.

    Who can really blame coaches for not being interested.

    Grant Flowers' comments making the situation even more embarrassing.

    Dean Jones must be the front runner for Head coach, considering Misbah hasn't applied.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,128
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Not much interest all i guess.

    Who can really blame coaches for not being interested.

    Grant Flowers' comments making the situation even more embarrassing.

    Dean Jones must be the front runner for Head coach, considering Misbah hasn't applied.
    Yet Grant Flower had no issues being employed by the PCB for 5 long years and was reportedly keen to continue further. Shameless individual who would have never have had a job anywhere else for so long without backing it with performance.

    If the PCB wishes to attract top talent, it has to shore up top wages

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,300
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Win or lose the World Cup, the whole of the rest of the World does not engage in these knee jerk reactions of sacking everyone. Except Pakistan. A mid-ranked odi team who, in the end, played exceptionally well at the back end of the tournament, yet Mickey and Co are forced out. Because nothing short of winning the World Cup would do. Just shows you can have Ehsan Mani or some pendo off the street. The mentality will never change.
    I kindly disagree.

    Look, there is a formula for winning test matches in UAE. Have 2 full time spinners and let the batsmen do their job.

    Now when teams were being selected and all, mickey arthur ended up selecting 1 full time spinner and the other was a part timer known as bilal asif.
    And yet we lost UAE. Bilal asif might had taken 5 wickets on debut, but hes a part timer and thats what happened in the other innings he played when he got 0 wickets.

    Look had we lost the UAE test due to azhars or shafiqs batting then i wouldnt blame the loss on Mickey. But if mickey is fault on team selection than there is some problem. Pakistan pays him good money why such silly mistakes?

    Chalo, lets say what happened in test was alright lets look at the world cup.

    Why was there soo much confusion on team selection?

    The best performers should had been selected, a stratrgy should had been build much before.

    See if a strategy had been build, than world cup selection would not had been a problem.

    In 2011 the strategy was that top order will attack (hafeez,kamran) middle order will anchor and take score till 200 by 40th(shafiq,younis,misbah) and lower order will go breserk and try to get 100 in last 10 overs(umar akmal,razzaq,afridi)

    And this techniqued worked for us. We defeated NZ in a series and won the sri lanka game in the world cup like this.

    And we still made it to the semis.

    In the 2019 world cup there was strategy. The only strategy was to make any score and than asif ali will just attack.

    See if there was a strategy than player selection would had been easy.

    Malik could had been dropped for rizwan.

    Just before the world cup, no one knew who was going to be selected.
    Shoaib malik saab had some emergency and went away. Mickey should had been stern and dropped him from the world cup. Because if he was not gonna play in a trial series than how can you judge him.

    Usman shinwari takes wickets all year and all of a sudden he is not good enough fir the world cup.

    Shaheen shah afridi had ti play 6 matches before he could adjust his lime and length. Where was azhar mehmood here?

    Why was selection such a dilemma.

    If we had selected a squad with strategy and with the right players based on performance and still lost. The blame wouldnt had been on the coaches.

    But when you see soo many dumb changes and still lost the match than there is a question that needs to be asked by the coaches.

    Azhar mehmood tried to save his pr image by writing a blog. But my question to azhar mehmood is, why did it take shaheen 6 matches to get the right line and length? A commentator known as waseem akram just has a little chat(video on record) and shaheen saab suddenly is picking wickets.
    So azhar is not good for the job.

    Hafeez is an opener and he was made into a middle order batsmen. Cricinfo has a small interview with grant flower him where they ask whichb player improved, interestingly the guy only mentions babar azam and imam ul haq as they have scored runs but he doesnt say that hafeez improved his technique.

    So my question is if hafeez didnt improve technique wise than how the hell did u allow an opener become a middle order batsmen.
    This is something grant flower needs to answer.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,300
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Btw it seems not alot have applied or big names havent applied or else PCB would had leaked names to get pr that oh look flana applied for our job you can also apply.

    I think the 3 day extention means PCB will be in approaching mode. If they dlnt get their desire than its misbah who they will throw a contract to and approach him.

    If not than dean jones is a great pick


  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,258
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look like, those didn't apply whome pcb wanted to pick

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I do not think any big names have applied.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    FYI

    PCB changed the deadline date to 26th August in a notification issued in newspapers next day of advertisement


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board has started the process to form a five-member committee to analyse applications and select a head coach for the national team.

    The committee will also choose the batting and bowling coach as well as the strength and conditioning trainer.

    The positions were left vacant after the PCB decided not to extend contracts of former head coach Mickey Arthur and his support staff after Pakistan’s failure to make it to the ICC World Cup semi-finals earlier this summer.

    The committee, it has been learnt, will be announced soon after confirming the availability of the potential members, most of whom are said to be former Test cricketers.

    Number of former Test cricketers have applied for the vacant posts former Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq is speculated to be the hottest contender to be named the national team’s head coach.

    Another former captain, Waqar Younis, has also applied for the bowling coach position. Waqar has also served as the Pakistan head coach in the past.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1502090/pc...-support-staff


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,128
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan gave Mickey Arthur a chance but is going to refuse Dean Jones over Misbah ul Haq. What gidar singhi does Misbah have over the cricket board that has always favoured him since 2007. I swear to God Misbah must have a powerful connection. I want this appointment challenged in court.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,234
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the rules and eligibility criteria are pushed aside to accommodate one undeserving Niazi.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Damn bro can we just get an announcement already. Tired of this dramebazi

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,258
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't jump the gun early, wait until pcb appoint misbah

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    3,187
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who have applied so far?

    Can PP share the list?


    "If you want something, don't wish for it, Life is too short to wait."

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Yasir Arafat has confirmed to us that he's applied for position of bowling coach


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post
    Who have applied so far?

    Can PP share the list?
    No details known yet, except for Dean Jones, Waqar Younis, Misbah and Yasir Arafat.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    31,588
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't think many international reputed coaches would have applied anyway for head coach very well knowing what a headache this job is.

    What I would like to know is if Ian Pont applied for the fast bowling coach or not? Again doubt that he would have as he has gigs in India every year.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No details known yet, except for Dean Jones, Waqar Younis, Misbah and Yasir Arafat.
    Walsh, Jalaluddin, Md Wasim, F Iqbal, Mohsin Khan

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Walsh, Jalaluddin, Md Wasim, F Iqbal, Mohsin Khan
    nothing official from PCB.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dean Jones should be head coach

    MD Wasim Batting coach

    Md Akram Bowling coach

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Yasir Arafat has told us that whilst he did apply for the position of bowling coach, he has not been contacted yet by PCB. Only Waqar Younis has been interviewed for this role.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PCB should have been more aggressive in searching for Head Coach , Misbah is not the right choice , he will be a failure along with Waqar younis.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,581
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    One of the candidates saying PCB only interviewed Waqar Younis for the bowling coach role.



  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,128
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    I wouldn't think many international reputed coaches would have applied anyway for head coach very well knowing what a headache this job is.

    What I would like to know is if Ian Pont applied for the fast bowling coach or not? Again doubt that he would have as he has gigs in India every year.
    You have to pay higher to make it worth the headaches. Somewhere around $500k plus atleast

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    5,844
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, is Dean Jones out of the race?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    So, is Dean Jones out of the race?
    He was never in the race. PCB decided that more than month ago.
    Typical dirty politics

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    He was never in the race. PCB decided that more than month ago.
    Typical dirty politics
    Deano might get the Batting Coach's role.

    Of the 5 Positions (HC, Batting, Fast Bowling, Spin Bowling, Fielding), PCB actually needs just qualified coach - for Batting, which unfortunately isn't in the grasp of any PAK Coach. Of all these skills, Batting is most methodical, strategic and process oriented - 21 years International experience of 124 Tests won't make someone a Batting Coach remotely close someone never playing even a single Test - Jaimy Siddons, just one example. In entire PAK, there is no one even remotely close to one Mumbai Club Coach - Ramakant Achrekar, says it all. Deano doesn't have a glaring International career (As Coach), but he has played in Shields & Counties for 2 decades, and he has completed Level 4 Badge from CA's Centre for Cricket Excellence, Brisbane - more than enough.

    HC: Misbah
    BC: Jones
    FBC: WY
    SBC: Tauseef/Saqui/Qadir .....
    FC: Whoever, doesn't matter much

    Can be quite a decent pool.

    I don't think PCB should waste money on Fielding Coach - the problem is somewhere else and the coach won't fix it. If he becomes uncompromising, almost sadist, Misbah alone with a Club coach assisting him (& few ball boys), can fix PAK's fielding issues considerably. I have seen enough and can confidently say that, PAK fielders are technically as good as anyone in terms of fielding - BUT, most of them hates to field and take it as an imposed burden - if allowed, they'll take a pay cut and won't come to field at all. You can never perform a forced job under pressure, if you are not passionate about it - result is silly lapses in crunch time. Change it (somehow) to a passion, where players them-selves are motivated to contribute in a thanks-less job like fielding, even you can teach them how to catch, throw or slide - it's not rocket science and you don't need natural talunt to be a Shan or Shadab level fielder.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,581
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quite a few disgruntled applicants.

    In fact some saying that Waqar was the only candidate interviewed for the bowling coach role.



  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Deano might get the Batting Coach's role.

    Of the 5 Positions (HC, Batting, Fast Bowling, Spin Bowling, Fielding), PCB actually needs just qualified coach - for Batting, which unfortunately isn't in the grasp of any PAK Coach. Of all these skills, Batting is most methodical, strategic and process oriented - 21 years International experience of 124 Tests won't make someone a Batting Coach remotely close someone never playing even a single Test - Jaimy Siddons, just one example. In entire PAK, there is no one even remotely close to one Mumbai Club Coach - Ramakant Achrekar, says it all. Deano doesn't have a glaring International career (As Coach), but he has played in Shields & Counties for 2 decades, and he has completed Level 4 Badge from CA's Centre for Cricket Excellence, Brisbane - more than enough.

    HC: Misbah
    BC: Jones
    FBC: WY
    SBC: Tauseef/Saqui/Qadir .....
    FC: Whoever, doesn't matter much

    Can be quite a decent pool.

    I don't think PCB should waste money on Fielding Coach - the problem is somewhere else and the coach won't fix it. If he becomes uncompromising, almost sadist, Misbah alone with a Club coach assisting him (& few ball boys), can fix PAK's fielding issues considerably. I have seen enough and can confidently say that, PAK fielders are technically as good as anyone in terms of fielding - BUT, most of them hates to field and take it as an imposed burden - if allowed, they'll take a pay cut and won't come to field at all. You can never perform a forced job under pressure, if you are not passionate about it - result is silly lapses in crunch time. Change it (somehow) to a passion, where players them-selves are motivated to contribute in a thanks-less job like fielding, even you can teach them how to catch, throw or slide - it's not rocket science and you don't need natural talunt to be a Shan or Shadab level fielder.
    Very good analysis..

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    1,006
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have a young coach. He should be under 30.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    2,641
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    We should have a young coach. He should be under 30.
    I donít think there are any coaches at that age criteria...

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    91,952
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dean Jones should be employed at some level. He should be used.

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    Melbourne(Dilli)
    Runs
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No disrespect to Mansoor Rana, can anyone explain if there was better option?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Any news on when we can expect an announcement on the coaching staff?


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,581
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Worrying when you hear that Afghanistan cricket board will pay more than PCB for some roles.



  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,128
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Worrying when you hear that Afghanistan cricket board will pay more than PCB for some roles.
    This is the root cause of the problem. Surely the PCB can afford to pay above market rate for 2-3 individuals atleast

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,771
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    This is the root cause of the problem. Surely the PCB can afford to pay above market rate for 2-3 individuals atleast
    It is still run like a goverment organization and Wasim Khan needs to change it

    How can anyone expect something different when there are the same people in the PCB apart from Shafiq Papa removed. These done zero to improve grass root cricket, club cricket destroyed, NCA is in pathetic state(same doctor is still in the organization that diagnosed Haris Sohail wrongly), and pervious domestic cricket run like a circus.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,581
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    It is still run like a goverment organization and Wasim Khan needs to change it

    How can anyone expect something different when there are the same people in the PCB apart from Shafiq Papa removed. These done zero to improve grass root cricket, club cricket destroyed, NCA is in pathetic state(same doctor is still in the organization that diagnosed Haris Sohail wrongly), and pervious domestic cricket run like a circus.
    And he continues to mis-diagnose player's injuries.



  74. #74
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    When is this torture going to end?

    They donít have many options - just name it and close it.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    When is this torture going to end?

    They don’t have many options - just name it and close it.
    Sad think is Misbah without any sort of experience wants same amount of salary if not not more than a well and well known experience International coach.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    113,806
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    PCB have indicated that Head Coach and Bowling Coach appointments will be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,406
    Mentioned
    2083 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PCB have indicated that Head Coach and Bowling Coach appointments will be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow)
    If they appoint a Head Coach who has never coached a First Class Team then we should all just give up and laugh at Pakistan.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,555
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PCB have indicated that Head Coach and Bowling Coach appointments will be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow)
    We all know more than a month ago who will be.Shame on PCB to play with our sentiments.

    Head Coach:: Misbah
    Bowling Coach: Waqar.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    11,119
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Apparently, Ian Pont applied for the bowling coach role, but probably won't be getting it. Are PCB crazy? Pont is one of the best, if not the best bowling coaches out there!

    Can Admin embed this tweet? I'm on my phone.

    https://twitter.com/Ponty100mph/stat...494536193?s=19

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Sad think is Misbah without any sort of experience wants same amount of salary if not not more than a well and well known experience International coach.
    Simply ridiculous. Without any proven track record it is too much from MISBAH to demand for. Had he got any enough experience, accolades to his name as coach, then he can demand what he wants.

    All this demand will come to ground in 6 months time depending on how successful the team plays and competes with the top teams.

    I feel MISBAH would fail drastically in this chapter if appointed head coach.

    After failing he and his fans should not complain about selectors , captain, bowling or fielding coach. Let’s see


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •