Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it a good idea to have Misbah-ul-Haq as Head Coach for Pakistan?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is perfectly suited for this role

27 23.08%
  • No, he should not be considered for this role

90 76.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a rumor at the moment. But signs are evident that he'll get an important post. I really hope to have professionals at every level. May be he can work as a "Mentor"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope this isn't true.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How can a guy who was part of the team that sacked Mickey Arthur and at the same time be a candidate as head coach?

Only in Pakistan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    How can a guy who was part of the team that sacked Mickey Arthur and at the same time be a candidate as head coach?

Only in Pakistan
    Massive conflict of interest situation if this goes through.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Massive conflict of interest situation if this goes through.
    I hope Mickey Arthur sues

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Only in Pakistan
    If they want to give job to Misbah (who doesn't even have any experience in coaching and he was against Babar/Shaheen in the team) why PCB adverting for a coach with 3 years of experience?
    Instead PCB should just appoint coaches whom they want.
    Looks like the 23rd August application deadline is just for show.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Misbah is a smart cunning man. There is a reason why he has been such a yes man knowing full well you get rewarded for it big time in our culture

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think most people are against his appointment as coach due to his performance as one day captain where he refused to adopt the modern approach. But he will do well in test arena.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think positive. There is sound reasoning in the idea - it may be a huge paradigm shift and if it works will be adopted by others also
    Adopted by others!!!
    We are copying the NZ system in which the coach of the national team is also the chief selector while the coaches of the regional teams the members of the selection committee

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should only be an assistant coach or perhaps the head coach of one of the new domestic teams.

That way he would gain experience as well.

As a selector though, I'm not sure.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    Adopted by others!!!
    We are copying the NZ system in which the coach of the national team is also the chief selector while the coaches of the regional teams the members of the selection committee
    It will not work for us for sure. Misbah will destroy current and near future young prospects and even 2023 World Cup we may field Gul, Rahat, Ajmal, Azhar, Malik, Hafeez, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran, Sami, Farhat captain by Salman Butt.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Think positive. There is sound reasoning in the idea - it may be a huge paradigm shift and if it works will be adopted by others also
    What if it's a foreign coach in the future ? Will he be given a say in selection matters? Anyway miggy Bhai the idea itself is ok but I don't Misbah is the right man for the job.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    It's just a rumor at the moment. But signs are evident that he'll get an important post. I really hope to have professionals at every level. May be he can work as a "Mentor"
    This would be the best role for Misbah.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    If they want to give job to Misbah (who doesn't even have any experience in coaching and he was against Babar/Shaheen in the team) why PCB adverting for a coach with 3 years of experience?
    Instead PCB should just appoint coaches whom they want.
    Looks like the 23rd August application deadline is just for show.
    All rumours..I wont believe a word until the actual appointment has been announced..

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Assuming this is going ahead, safe to safe we were better off:

- Without Imran Khan getting involved with Pakistan cricket
    - Without Wasim Khan
    - With Najam Sethi, as opposed to Ehsan Mani
    - With Mickey Arthur as Head Coach
    - With Inzy as CS

Mark my words, this will be the worst appointment in Pakistan's cricketing history.

It was no surprise to find him way off-the mark with his insight on Shaheen earlier this year, so much so he to admit his blunder during the WC in an interview.

The reason why his incompetency doesn't surprise me is because he had the same mindset as captain of the side. He has always had a phobia for younger players in the Pakistan team due to his appetite for seniors.

You will see a lot more cock-ups with him in this role. I hope this is fake news but there comes a time when you can distinguish between what is inside information and what is bogus. With this rumour I strongly believe it's the former, so if they do proceed with this dual appointment then Wasim Khan, Imran Khan and Ehsan Mani all need to hang their heads in shame!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would hardly be the worst appointment ever. I would prefer somebody like Mike Hesson or Dean Jones but Misbah would not be a bad choice either.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about Mickey Arthur - had he won a trophy as a player before he came on the scene?
    The point is Misbah was the chief culprit as the captain for both of those Pakistan's failures in 2013. @Slim is quite right to reference these two events because it was at this point, when Misbah's time was up.

Mickey was a far less player than Misbah, but there are many far lesser players than the latter who have a better cricket brain than him.

You only have to cast your mind back to the last Australia tour, when Ian Chappell and the rest of the Channel 9 commentary team exposed Misbah's lack of cricketing intelligence.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yesssss. Plz be true.....

Will start watching cricket again finally

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have to get the new pak jersey, have to reasearch on the current crop of players and domestic performers.

Great days are ahead.

Btw what are the rules of this new game now?

Win credit to captain
    Loss credit to coach/selector
    ??

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

Have to get the new pak jersey, have to reasearch on the current crop of players and domestic performers.

Great days are ahead.

Win credit to captain
    ??
    Pathetic comments.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great days are ahead.

Win credit to captain
    ??
    This is just proves you have no respect for cricket nor do you care about Pakistan's best interests, otherwise you wouldn't stop watching cricket just because your main man was no longer a feature of the team.

I could perhaps understand if Misbah was one of the greats of the game but he's not even close - as a matter of fact he's one of the most limited cricketers I have seen play for Pakistan on a technical and tactical level.

No player has done more damage to Pakistan cricket than he has, yet your decision to watch cricket solely relies on his participation

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love the fact that now misbah can select the domestic performers and doesnt have to just get approval of someone.

I remember this guy in the early days wanted asif ali im t20 in palce of umar. Yet he was not listend to. Few years after inzi and arthur come along and they select asif ali. Why?
    Because misbah again selected asif for ISB united. Even there the selectors said no to asif. But this guy still forced the selection.

Asif performs and then gets selected in to pakistan team by arthur and inzi.

Than there was the case of ayub dogar. The guy was milking runs. Misbah tried his best to get him for south africa series. But PCB said no.
    Then another series came and he again requested for Ayub. The selector than selected Dogar but they also added faisal iqbal just to mess with the team.

Misbah got banned in a match and he plays Ayub in place of his own. Faisal iqbal kept ranting about it on twitter till this day .

Than there was that spinner controversy where Misbah begged the selectors to please send a back up spinner for UAE. The idiot selectors didnt listen.

They go to UAE and i think it was yasir shah who got injured. Misbah again pleaded them to send a back up. Now here was the controversy. There were rumours that usama mir or some other spinner did had a visa, but the selector(zakir or iqbal dont remember) didnt want to select that spinner and tried to get zafar gohar cleared for visa.

Zafar gohar got the visa but the lunatic slept and didnt wake up to catch his flight.

Misbah was furious because he knew that the other spinner who was usama mir i think, had a visa but the selectors didnt want him to go.

Misbah selected islamabad united squad of young players. The guy is great in talent identification. His team won 2 psls
    Misbah selected sngpl and faisalabad first class teams. All the players were handpicked selections of misbah. Rizwan was playing in sngpl for a very long time.

Misbah will be a great selector, but i want misbah to do just one thing.

If a situation arrises that a younis khan type player or afridi type player who has fan following but doesnt perform. Than misbah needs to boot him out. Whether it is babar azam or imad waseem or sarfraz or whoever. If the pkayer isnt performing but has the backing of media and fan followinf, misbah needs to make the strong decision at the end of the day

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Worst news of the year.... This guy successfully took us to number 9 in the ODI rankings and number 7 in the Tests and T20 rankings.

Now this oldie lover is again back to torment us. Its good I always enjoyed it when he was abused and cursed from all sides. Inshallah it will restart again. That is adequate treatment for a selfish person. Just look at the amount of oldies he selected for the camp in NCA.... Rahat Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Bilal Asif

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Worst news of the year.... This guy successfully took us to number 9 in the ODI rankings and number 7 in the Tests and T20 rankings.

Now this oldie lover is again back to torment us. Its good I always enjoyed it when he was abused and cursed from all sides. Inshallah it will restart again. That is adequate treatment for a selfish person. Just look at the amount of oldies he selected for the camp in NCA.... Rahat Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Bilal Asif
    this might be the first time 90 per cent of the PP is united on one front lmao

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Horrific news if this is true. This is the same guy who forwarded Azhar Ali. Terrible appointment from PCB if this turns out true.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have issues with Misbah, I consider him to be one of the few sensible brains in Pak cricket. I do have issues with the scenario behind this reported decision. How can you have someone be a part of a reviewing committee for the coach and at the same time be in the running for the same post? I don't see ANY justification behind this move, it's conflict of interest 101.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The conflict in interest is the biggest offence.

Giving somebody like Misbah this much power can damage our cricket further.

This is the guy who picked Rifatullah as a backup player for Islamabad United over any promising youngster...
    Last edited by The Viper; 17th August 2019 at 00:14.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    The conflict in interest is the biggest offence.

Giving somebody like Misbah this much power can damage our cricket further.

This is the guy who picked Rifatullah as a backup player for Islamabad United over any promising youngster...
    Youngster isn't a definition that has just one meaning,

Tendulkar was only 22 years old but he wouldn't be considered a youngster coz he had played international cricket for 6 years and was one of the most recognized batsman in the world even at 22.

On the other hand Riffatullah (owing to his dmestic performances) got into a side to play his first few games in an international level league there is no harm in that.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Youngster isn't a definition that has just one meaning,

Tendulkar was only 22 years old but he wouldn't be considered a youngster coz he had played international cricket for 6 years and was one of the most recognized batsman in the world even at 22.

On the other hand Riffatullah (owing to his dmestic performances) got into a side to play his first few games in an international level league there is no harm in that.
    Rifatullah was 40 when selected for Islamabad United. If he was a performing player then nobody has problems with his selection.

He was selected in 2017 for Islamabad United when he had already failed in the International scene with his horrific technique being displayed.

On what basis he was picked, his performances were not even that good.

It reeks of bias and Misbah must be held accountable.

He has the potential to completely destroy our cricket if he is given this role.

I don't trust Misbah to pick the correct players.

This case with Rifatullah is not an anomaly.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Misbah was always a cricketing extremist in terms of:

1. His veto on the selection of players he didn’t like.

2. His insistence on selecting the likes of Mohammad Hafeez and Yasir Shah outside Asia even when they were serial failures.

3. His refusal to compromise on his eternally failing strategy of bowling his quicks into the ground outside Asia.

4. His refusal to future proof his team by bringing through youngsters.

But it surprises me to learn that he lacks the ethics to identify the appalling conflict of interest in being part of the committee which fired the past coach, only to put himself forward as his replacement.

But if he really has not got the principles to realise that his involvement in Arthur’s dismissal disqualifies him from replacing him, then we have reached a point where even the supposed “Mr Clean who rescued Pakistan Cricket” turns out to be in the gutter.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this would be going backwards to be honest. There's just far too much conflict of interest and personal bias in being head selector and head coach. If you're both a coach and selector, you simply won't select players you don't like or that you don't like coaching and I think anytime one person is controlling everything without pushback from anyone, that's where you get into real trouble.

PCB literally just divided up power so one person doesn't control everything in PCB and it wouldn't make sense to have that in cricket either.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is a cancer to the team

His golden boys shafiq and azhar will return to the t20 side if it's up to him

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If this happens think this kind of heralds PCBs increasing focus on the test championship. Giving Misbah almost full power to revert their test fortunes. Especially seeing how Sarfraz and Mickey are doing even in Asia in tests.

It's a very bold move which is going to divide fans. And if Pakistan loses, the fans will turn on Misbah, rather than/less than the captain. Which could be a good thing in a way, less pressure on players/captain.

I would be a little surprised if they made this choice as their are coaches they could pick that would please everyone/majority like Hesson, Dean etc. It's also a bigger risk as Misbah hasn't coached a side before either. Not the safe choice at all.

I think it's much safer just using Misbah as a chief selector or just assistant coach role. I'd also give him a PSL side to coach, preferably Lahore Lions or Karachi Kings and see if he can actual turn their fortunes around. Just introduce him solely into international cricket, rather than immediately giving him powers no coach has had in Pakistani history I think.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rifatullah was 40 when selected for Islamabad United. If he was a performing player then nobody has problems with his selection.

He was selected in 2017 for Islamabad United when he had already failed in the International scene with his horrific technique being displayed.

He has the potential to completely destroy our cricket if he is given this role.

What about the likes of Shadab, Faheem, Asif Ali? For one bad selection he made countless other better ones.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atleast do try to remember the whole tournament if you want to critisize someone

Now the rafatullah case.

The draft had already been done and the psl was going on. I think there was some injury or someone was selected hence they needed a good opener mid tournament. The only best option at that time was rafatullah because in those years he was performing well in domestic t20 crixket

Hence the selection.

Now in the end he didnt perform as expected but how is that the selectors fault?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Misbah was always a cricketing extremist in terms of:

1. His veto on the selection of players he didn’t like.

2. His insistence on selecting the likes of Mohammad Hafeez and Yasir Shah outside Asia even when they were serial failures.

3. His refusal to compromise on his eternally failing strategy of bowling his quicks into the ground outside Asia.

4. His refusal to future proof his team by bringing through youngsters.

But it surprises me to learn that he lacks the ethics to identify the appalling conflict of interest in being part of the committee which fired the past coach, only to put himself forward as his replacement.

But if he really has not got the principles to realise that his involvement in Arthur’s dismissal disqualifies him from replacing him, then we have reached a point where even the supposed “Mr Clean who rescued Pakistan Cricket” turns out to be in the gutter.
    Again do bother to follow the game.

1. Misbah never vetoed. Stop using such termanalogies to male him look like some evil person

Anywyas. When it came to selection of players it was the selection comitittee having its say.
    Misbah wanted asif ali in t20 they did not obey. He wantes ayub dogar on merit for SA series they did not obey.
    He tried getting a third spinner for a uae series, selectors again did not listen to him.
    We ended up not winning one test game as a spinner got injured and we disnt have a back up 2nd spinner to bow.

Also in the 2015 world misbah amd mlin khan had regular problems as during the first 4 games moin was selecting his team and not letting misbah select. The freaken team manager. And here you talk about some veto. Lmao

2. Hafeez was a good 5th bowler, one of the best infact. In pakistan domestic we had no 5th bowler of his level.

Yasir shah, you need to go watch his lords bowling performance. Plus the only other option was zulfiqar babar.

Seriously now you will question misbahs spin choices lolll

3. What failing strategy are you on about?
    Misbah showed everyone that to win in uae you need 2 full time spinners. He left oyr record in uae got destroyed.

And when it came to australia the guy bowled with 4 pacers.

4. It seems you are forgetting the pakistans battinf in 2013 and 14.

Every player that got selected or tried was a bust. How was that misbahs fault?
    Nasor jamshed came. He was a bust.
    Sohaib maqsood came due to media and he was a bust
    Umar akmal was always a joker
    Sharjeel khan was selected by misbah after he scored concecutive 100s in domestic, he disnt perform at that time but later on he got greedy and got involve in corruption.
    Umar amin was another joke of a cricketer.
    Haris sohail was a player that was left and sarfraz ahmed aswell

So again tell me, if the youngsters did not perform, how exactly was it misbahs fault?

Plus you ignore the fact that misbah selected youngsters in islamabad united played 4 emerging players in one a single match even though psl rules require 1. Most of the pakistan team is made up of his islamabad united selections.

5. Again, you need to read reports and stop making up stories.
    Cricket comititee had intially agreed to renew mickeys contract, but then an article was posted which states that imran khan intervened and didnt want arthur as coach and he is the patron in chief so go figure.

You take quite alot interest in pakistani cricket. Quite funny..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    What about the likes of Shadab, Faheem, Asif Ali? For one bad selection he made countless other better ones.
    They will ignore this because it doesnt suit their hate narative.

I remember a matxh where misbah played 3- 4 emergins in one game. Even though 1 is the requirement..

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They will ignore this because it doesnt suit their hate narative.

I remember a matxh where misbah played 3- 4 emergins in one game. Even though 1 is the requirement..
    Honestly Misbah wouldn't be my first choice, hell in an ideal world he wouldn't even be my 20th choice, but people are going way overboard saying things like like "RIP Pakistan cricket'. I wouldn't be mad if he was appointed as head coach, although the conflict of interest is wrong.

Misbah is a Pakistani legend whether people want to accept it or not. He knows how to win matches with little resources. I'm surprised we won as many ODIs as we did under his captaincy, our team then was terrible. Because of him and Wahab our 2015 World Cup campaign was at least respectable, I'll never forget that match against Zimbabwe, these 2 saved us from a pathetic loss and World Cup exit. The best thing about Misbah is he knows how to win test matches, which is the most important thing in the next 2 years since the championship has started. ODIs literally don't matter for the next 2 years, T20s do but that team is very settled and Misbah has that covered too, after all it was his team that won the inaugural PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Misbah never vetoed. Stop using such termanalogies to male him look like some evil person

Anywyas. When it came to selection of players it was the selection comitittee having its say.
    Misbah wanted asif ali in t20 they did not obey. He wantes ayub dogar on merit for SA series they did not obey.
    He tried getting a third spinner for a uae series, selectors again did not listen to him.
    We ended up not winning one test game as a spinner got injured and we disnt have a back up 2nd spinner to bow.

Also in the 2015 world misbah amd mlin khan had regular problems as during the first 4 games moin was selecting his team and not letting misbah select. The freaken team manager. And here you talk about some veto. Lmao

2. Hafeez was a good 5th bowler, one of the best infact. In pakistan domestic we had no 5th bowler of his level.

Yasir shah, you need to go watch his lords bowling performance. Plus the only other option was zulfiqar babar.

Misbah showed everyone that to win in uae you need 2 full time spinners. He left oyr record in uae got destroyed.

Sharjeel khan was selected by misbah after he scored concecutive 100s in domestic, he disnt perform at that time but later on he got greedy and got involve in corruption.

So again tell me, if the youngsters did not perform, how exactly was it misbahs fault?

Plus you ignore the fact that misbah selected youngsters in islamabad united played 4 emerging players in one a single match even though psl rules require 1. Most of the pakistan team is made up of his islamabad united selections.

Cricket comititee had intially agreed to renew mickeys contract, but then an article was posted which states that imran khan intervened and didnt want arthur as coach and he is the patron in chief so go figure.

So, him taking interest in Pakistan cricket is funny? And you claiming that you watch cricket only for Misbah is somehow normal?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s good that the coach will have a say in selection. Harsh to criticise a coach for working with players he hasn’t even selected.

I don’t know how Misbah will do a coach if chosen. So I’ll wait to see before making comments such as RIP Pakistan cricket.

Sarfraz still needs to be sacked and he hasn’t been. That’s more worrying than Misbah being coach.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just looking at the camp selection

It looks like that we won't see too many youngsters debuting.
    Exactly. When they refuse to renew the contracts for the coaching staff, i thought a fresh line up of coaches and team will come through, which is nice time to start with such proceedings.

On what basis was asif ali, wahab riaz, rahat ali and ifthikar ahmed were selected.

On what basis usman salahuddin, saad ali, saud shakeel, asghar were discarded, despite not having any chances.

Welcome to the friends 11 of MISBAH, now there will be a tug of war between safraz friends11 vs misbah friends 11 lol.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why usman salahuddin, saad ali , asghar and saud shakeel not selected for this camp.

Name the young players who misbah has selected now for this camp which is more of a test squad.

He had 4 years to build an ODI team for the 2015 cwc yet he failed and suggested Azhar ali to captain the side after him which is another stupid decision by him.

There will be more stupidity coming out of his selections coupled with his love for senior 30+ age players.

Now how many spinners has he selected for the camp. Is Bilal asif the future where is umer khanx is there no young leggie or right arm offie in the entire pak domestic to be trained or coached lol.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Misbah is a cancer to the team

His golden boys shafiq and azhar will return to the t20 side if it's up to him
    I can see a future for asad shafiq as test captain and could also be selected in the ODIS as an experienced middle order to replace hafeez and malik and might also be the skipper

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dark days ahead if he get in to any selection role.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with misbah is that he doesn't rate youngsters at all, its true in his regime the quality of youngsters were appalling but now its quiet decent and yet we are seeing the old ttfs in this camp.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharjeel was also a failure at the International level, but on his second stint he was the only player that could play aggressively in the top order. Not even Fakhar can portray the shots that Sharjeel had in his locker. Like Rifat, Sharjeel was also a Misbah selection who showed his class with IU in the PSL 2016

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reactions regarding Misbah are really extreme here.

Firstly being a captain and playing as a player is completely different job. If it would have been same than Mickey wouldnt have been an international coach as he was a poor player who couldnt even to get into national side.

So my point is judging someones coaching potential from his playing days (Which had a lot of glory days as well) doesnt relate at all. LOI performances under Misbah and players available to him are debate for another time.

Coming to the conflict of interest thing I am not sure how PCB went about it which I think PCB should clear.

Like the Idea of Head coach Cum Chief selector thing as it allows having one man in charge which automatically eradicates selections which are never used and that the team as a whole moving in one direction rather than multiple people trying different things and arguing which in the end effected the results. Now there will be one man answerable and responsible for everything.
    Last edited by Titan24; 17th August 2019 at 17:42.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Sorry, the Conflict of Interest situation against Misbah is untenable.

If he emerges as the new coach it is a truly Banana Republic coup d’etat.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Why usman salahuddin, saad ali , asghar and saud shakeel not selected for this camp.

Name the young players who misbah has selected now for this camp which is more of a test squad.

He had 4 years to build an ODI team for the 2015 cwc yet he failed and suggested Azhar ali to captain the side after him which is another stupid decision by him.

There will be more stupidity coming out of his selections coupled with his love for senior 30+ age players.

Now how many spinners has he selected for the camp. Is Bilal asif the future where is umer khanx is there no young leggie or right arm offie in the entire pak domestic to be trained or coached lol.

i would had answered your post, bu thte problem is as soon as you finsihed talking about the selection, you talk about the same old 4 year team building thing. Just implying that you hate him nothing else.

Even though the answer has been already given in the above post

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get ready for a ride back to the 80s, lol. Pakistan Cricket has never been dull before, like it is today, with Misbah as a coach, it will be like rubbing salt into the wounds. The guy has no coaching experience! Why not opt for Abdur Rehman? That ex-coach of Peshawar, who has got an impressive track record. But what do you expect from Punjab Cricket Board? Bunch of incompetent dudes.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punjab Cricket board is bad for Pakistani cricket. Every sports headquarter is in Lahore.
    In my opinion Misbah should have been selected for one of the six domestic teams head coach to see if he can perform. PCB is playing a dangerous game with Pakistani cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    This is just proves you have no respect for cricket nor do you care about Pakistan's best interests, otherwise you wouldn't stop watching cricket just because your main man was no longer a feature of the team.

I could perhaps understand if Misbah was one of the greats of the game but he's not even close - as a matter of fact he's one of the most limited cricketers I have seen play for Pakistan on a technical and tactical level.

No player has done more damage to Pakistan cricket than he has, yet your decision to watch cricket solely relies on his participation
    That post doesn't deserve a response @topspin. Some fans should be left alone to their thoughts.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I know right, im already prepared for our sink in LOIs if these guys get their way.
    Yeah your white ball cricket especially will suffer a lot I think.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to my sources, he will be coaching and selector of Islamabad region and same goes with Rashid Latif and Shoaib Akhter of different region...

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have Waqar Younis over misbah!!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is the real leach for Pakistan cricket. First he never retired till he was 43 and lost so many ODI and test for Pakistan, then continue to play for IU in PSL till he was kicked out for being too old. Then he continue to play QEA trophy till he was almost 50 and now manged to get involved in coaching and administration PCB and all oldies are back and youngsters left behind.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Atleast do try to remember the whole tournament if you want to critisize someone

Now the rafatullah case.

The draft had already been done and the psl was going on. I think there was some injury or someone was selected hence they needed a good opener mid tournament. The only best option at that time was rafatullah because in those years he was performing well in domestic t20 crixket

Hence the selection.

Now in the end he didnt perform as expected but how is that the selectors fault?
    Misbah picked Rifatullah who averaged only 24 in the National T20 cup in 2017.

It is true that there unfortunate circumstances with Sharjeel's and Khalid Latif's bans.

It is the selectors fault because they should have done some research.

The guy played International cricket and showed his deficiencies.

But they still picked him-that is the problem.

I think if Misbah is to be appointed, it should only be as head coach as he was a good test skipper.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Misbah was not completely useless, he did make some pretty good picks also that worked out like Asif Ali.

But he has made questionable decisions not only for Islamabad but for the national team also.

He is the best local candidate but i prefer we do not go that route.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This " jobs for the boys" culture is going to open a further gap from pakistan and the best teams

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    A national team’s coach is required to be completely subordinate to the captain.

It’s why Mickey Arthur had to put up with a Test Team from Jurassic Park until Misbah retired.

If Misbah is to be the coach he needs to understand clearly that his job is to do nothing except what Babar Azam or Shan Masood orders him to do.

It’s why a dual Chief Selector / Coach idea is so atrocious.

Misbah has no coaching or selection credentials. I’m lucky that I’m not Pakistani by nationality or blood.

If they pick an unqualified scoundrel like Misbah, who abuses his power to create and take advantage of an outrageous Conflict of Interest, I just have a few years of ignoring Pakistan cricket and hoping that they lose everything overseas like they always did under Misbah.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Misbah has no credentials for any of the two roles, he's totally unqualified. He should first get involved with coaching at FC, PSL, at U-19 level before being considered for any spot in the national team.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is best choice.
    He will bring domestic performers that will improve our test team for sure,
    Though i have some concerns over our lols performance

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah has the following achievements:

-Worst ODI player
    -Worst ODI captain
    -Most defensive batsman ever

Him along with Ahmed Shahzad are the worst players to play for Pakistan.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    A national team’s coach is required to be completely subordinate to the captain.

It’s why Mickey Arthur had to put up with a Test Team from Jurassic Park until Misbah retired.

If Misbah is to be the coach he needs to understand clearly that his job is to do nothing except what Babar Azam or Shan Masood orders him to do.

It’s why a dual Chief Selector / Coach idea is so atrocious.

Misbah has no coaching or selection credentials. I’m lucky that I’m not Pakistani by nationality or blood.

If they pick an unqualified scoundrel like Misbah, who abuses his power to create and take advantage of an outrageous Conflict of Interest, I just have a few years of ignoring Pakistan cricket and hoping that they lose everything overseas like they always did under Misbah.
    funny how you act on an onine forum that you are not Pakistani but yt take a wide interest in Pakistani cricket and even in the former captain.

Why? Probably so you can insult such players adn get away with it

You have to be one ignorant person to keep on ranting about something that is not even true. Even though i have told you how mickeys decision was IMran's but yet, aftrer every 30 posts you make a post how bad mIsbah is and yadda yadda yadda.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

O bhai, Pakistan cricket has always had the element of bias, Misbah or not.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan you don't need any qualification or experience to start from the top.
    Prime examples are Mohsin Khan, Miandad and now Misbah etc.
    That's much unprofessional our PCB.

So far Wasim Khan didn't do any remarkable job apart from keep away Hafeez and Malik from central contract but that can be changed any time.

Most likely Wasim Khan wants Misbah to get head coach cum selector (according to some report) which will be one of the worst decision make by PCB. The problem is the deadline is 23rd august (still 4 days to go after today). It sounds so unprofessional and the advertising process looks just for show.

Sarfraz still hold the captain.

Open trial for selection of U19 players also a eyewash to curtain bias selection.
    Last edited by Shafi; 19th August 2019 at 14:41.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No thanks Misbah, giving him the job means losers like hafeez, malik, Asad and Azhar will continue to be picked.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If confirmed then R.I.P pakistan cricket, the stone age mentality and tactics will come to the fore and agree Malik and hafeez will begin a new lease of life

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think oldies. No player under 27 to debut and no fast-tracking of exciting talent.

Back to mediocrity in ODIs and T20s.

Worst idea to give this man the job.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan would this fraud be put in a position of power once again, despite the clear conflict of interest being on the board that dismissed the last coach. What a joke. This guy is a disease that just won't get cured no matter how much you try. I literally hate him now.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone watch any of his WC analysis btw? I could not take more than a few minutes of his clearly pathetic analysis, which was proven so wrong time and time again. And people want this guy as coach and head selector? Damn, not wonder Pak is going down the drain.
    Last edited by The Viper; 20th August 2019 at 04:48.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Misbah was India;s coach,

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What? Misbah coming back to haunt us? Thought, we had longed moved on.
    Last edited by Kroll; 20th August 2019 at 04:56.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    At least our Test ranking will improve...
    With him sitting in the dugout, I highly doubt that.
    Our test team could not even learn to play while he was in the middle.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look if we as a cricketing nation want to move forward and play modern cricket , hiring misbah would be a travesty.

I personally would split the two coaching roles , one for test cricket and one for white ball cricket. There two completely different games.

I also think giving one person all the power making them head coach and head of selection committee is a recipe for disaster , that might work for New Zealand but in our part of the world never going to work .

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Misbah looking very coach like at the NCA camp - surely he must be a prime candidate?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB keen on appointing Misbah-ul-Haq as Pakistan’s coach-cum-chief selector

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is keen on appointing former captain Misbah-ul-Haq as head coach-cum-chief selector of the national team.

Misbah, who is supervising a pre-season conditioning camp in Lahore, however, is yet to made up his mind.

“He was not very keen to also supervise the pre-season conditioning camp but Zakir Khan, who is Director International Cricket and an influential figure in the board, convinced Misbah,” a well-informed source told PTI.

He said that Misbah was reluctant because he was unhappy that the board had permitted some centrally contracted players to play in T20 leagues when some of them needed to undergo rehab to overcome niggling fitness issues.

“Misbah is aware that some of the players are carrying niggling fitness problems including Fakhar Zaman and Babar Zaman and he felt that the PCB should have called them home after the World Cup and have them undergo a rehab process instead of giving them clearance to play in leagues or in England,” the source said.

He said the former captain who is yet to apply for the post of head coach, the deadline for which is August 23, is not bothered about facing criticism.

He said that Misbah was not a big believer in just having nets and preferred to have the team play competitive matches.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...9c8lpzOBK.html

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PCB keen on appointing Misbah-ul-Haq as Pakistan’s coach-cum-chief selector

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is keen on appointing former captain Misbah-ul-Haq as head coach-cum-chief selector of the national team.

Misbah, who is supervising a pre-season conditioning camp in Lahore, however, is yet to made up his mind.

“He was not very keen to also supervise the pre-season conditioning camp but Zakir Khan, who is Director International Cricket and an influential figure in the board, convinced Misbah,” a well-informed source told PTI.

He said that Misbah was reluctant because he was unhappy that the board had permitted some centrally contracted players to play in T20 leagues when some of them needed to undergo rehab to overcome niggling fitness issues.

“Misbah is aware that some of the players are carrying niggling fitness problems including Fakhar Zaman and Babar Zaman and he felt that the PCB should have called them home after the World Cup and have them undergo a rehab process instead of giving them clearance to play in leagues or in England,” the source said.

He said the former captain who is yet to apply for the post of head coach, the deadline for which is August 23, is not bothered about facing criticism.

He said that Misbah was not a big believer in just having nets and preferred to have the team play competitive matches.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...9c8lpzOBK.html
    Interesting 'source'

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    That post doesn't deserve a response @topspin. Some fans should be left alone to their thoughts.
    They need to be exposed.