Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it a good idea to have Misbah-ul-Haq as Head Coach for Pakistan?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is perfectly suited for this role

27 23.08%
  • No, he should not be considered for this role

90 76.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PCB keen on appointing Misbah-ul-Haq as Pakistan’s coach-cum-chief selector

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is keen on appointing former captain Misbah-ul-Haq as head coach-cum-chief selector of the national team.

Misbah, who is supervising a pre-season conditioning camp in Lahore, however, is yet to made up his mind.

“He was not very keen to also supervise the pre-season conditioning camp but Zakir Khan, who is Director International Cricket and an influential figure in the board, convinced Misbah,” a well-informed source told PTI.

He said that Misbah was reluctant because he was unhappy that the board had permitted some centrally contracted players to play in T20 leagues when some of them needed to undergo rehab to overcome niggling fitness issues.

“Misbah is aware that some of the players are carrying niggling fitness problems including Fakhar Zaman and Babar Zaman an.cod he felt that the PCB should have called them home after the World Cup and have them undergo a rehab process instead of giving them clearance to play in leagues or in England,” the source said.

He said the former captain who is yet to apply for the post of head coach, the deadline for which is August 23, is not bothered about facing criticism.

He said that Misbah was not a big believer in just having nets and preferred to have the team play competitive matches.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...9c8lpzOBK.html
    interesting.

Misbah still hasnt applied.

And good observation. If some of these players have fitness issue then why are they playing t20s abroad. This is where the problem lies

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A Hesson/Misbah or Dean Jones/Misbah combination would be interesting, with Misbah the assistant coach.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    A Hesson/Misbah or Dean Jones/Misbah combination would be interesting, with Misbah the assistant coach.
    Dean Jones / Misbah combo... u want the islo united setup? ... hasnt been too bad in PSL .. not sure abt pak level though

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    Did anyone watch any of his WC analysis btw? I could not take more than a few minutes of his clearly pathetic analysis, which was proven so wrong time and time again. And people want this guy as coach and head selector? Damn, not wonder Pak is going down the drain.
    Yep his poor cricketing intelligence was exposed when he had to admit how wrong he was on Shaheen.

The uncomfortable truth for Misbah's blind followers (such as @Major and @Hawkeye) is being able to stomach that if he was captain in this WC, there is no doubt he would not have selected our best bowler (and perhaps overall player) in the tournament earlier this summer.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    funny how you act on an onine forum that you are not Pakistani but yt take a wide interest in Pakistani cricket and even in the former captain.

Why? Probably so you can insult such players adn get away with it

You have to be one ignorant person to keep on ranting about something that is not even true. Even though i have told you how mickeys decision was IMran's but yet, aftrer every 30 posts you make a post how bad mIsbah is and yadda yadda yadda.

You’ve made some good points in this thread. I know many people are critical of misbah from his experience playing in the team as an ultra defensive captain. Unbelievably two of our most aggressive bowler and batsmen were Waqar and inzi who were ridiculously defensive as captains so who knows how misbah will be as coach. Perhaps he will follow suit and be the polar opposite as coach to his own playing style.

One thing is for sure that a Pakistani coach has to understand domestic cricket and performers very well and where they score their runs and against whom. I think misbah is one of the educated former players we have. He’s served his time as a strong domestic performer who was denied selection into the team despite being good enough. I think his life experience, his education his level of empathy with local players counts for something as does his enormous understanding of local grounds where players make easy or difficult runs.

People say he hasn’t brought in young players but I think ehsan adil was very young when we played in South Africa as was umar akmal and a few others. Pakistan cricket was not made or destroyed by misbah but rather from the dead pitches of the UAE where our fast bowlers were redundant and we had to switch to a spin heavy attack. Who can blame any selector for going with hafeez Ajmal and Rahman when they were head and shoulders the best in the business.

I personally would like misbah to be a coach for a short stint in t20 but he’s definitely not the worst option for head coach just a little premature

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Yep his poor cricketing intelligence was exposed when he had to admit how wrong he was on Shaheen.

The uncomfortable truth for Misbah's blind followers (such as @Major and @Hawkeye) is being able to stomach that if he was captain in this WC, there is no doubt he would not have selected our best bowler (and perhaps overall player) in the tournament earlier this summer.
    just a heads up, Shaheen plays for SNGPL.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    You’ve made some good points in this thread. I know many people are critical of misbah from his experience playing in the team as an ultra defensive captain. Unbelievably two of our most aggressive bowler and batsmen were Waqar and inzi who were ridiculously defensive as captains so who knows how misbah will be as coach. Perhaps he will follow suit and be the polar opposite as coach to his own playing style.

One thing is for sure that a Pakistani coach has to understand domestic cricket and performers very well and where they score their runs and against whom. I think misbah is one of the educated former players we have. He’s served his time as a strong domestic performer who was denied selection into the team despite being good enough. I think his life experience, his education his level of empathy with local players counts for something as does his enormous understanding of local grounds where players make easy or difficult runs.

People say he hasn’t brought in young players but I think ehsan adil was very young when we played in South Africa as was umar akmal and a few others. Pakistan cricket was not made or destroyed by misbah but rather from the dead pitches of the UAE where our fast bowlers were redundant and we had to switch to a spin heavy attack. Who can blame any selector for going with hafeez Ajmal and Rahman when they were head and shoulders the best in the business.

I personally would like misbah to be a coach for a short stint in t20 but he’s definitely not the worst option for head coach just a little premature
    Ehsan Adil could had been a great bowler for Pakistan, its sad how his career turned out to be. But he was a youngster that was rightly invested in and he is 26 years old. I believe he can still make it back in 2 years if he improves.

People hate Rahat Ali for the drop catch in the 2015 world cup. But the thing about Rahat Ali is his wrist. He bowls while using his wrist and two fingers on the seam and he generates movement.

I was watching the PSL, and Rahat Ali was taking wickets in UAE jsut because of his wrist and seam positon.

Rahat Ali's problem has always been his line and length. Hes a talented bowler and i think he will end up getting wasted like Abdur Rauf

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Ehsan Adil could had been a great bowler for Pakistan, its sad how his career turned out to be. But he was a youngster that was rightly invested in and he is 26 years old. I believe he can still make it back in 2 years if he improves.

People hate Rahat Ali for the drop catch in the 2015 world cup. But the thing about Rahat Ali is his wrist. He bowls while using his wrist and two fingers on the seam and he generates movement.

I was watching the PSL, and Rahat Ali was taking wickets in UAE jsut because of his wrist and seam positon.

Rahat Ali's problem has always been his line and length. Hes a talented bowler and i think he will end up getting wasted like Abdur Rauf
    I know we often disagree, but I respect your views and I largely agree here.

Firstly, Ehsan Adil.

The problem is that Pakistan has not known how to handle him. He is a Hazlewood clone who is only likely to succeed in Tests outside Asia, and while the dodgy balls and pitches in domestic cricket will make his figures look good, it's pointless wasting his body in Asian conditions at all.

I would still take him to Australia this winter, because his height will be crucial at Brisbane and his bowling style will go well with the pink ball at Adelaide. Finally there are two courses for which this horse is perfect! He really should have gone to South Africa last winter too.

As for Rahat Ali, you are spot on! He has a good technique in terms of his wrist and seam position. His only problem has been that he is not a good analytical thinker. He did well in test cricket under Waqar Younis not because Waqar is a great coach but because Waqar could tell him what to bowl when.

Rahat just needs a senior bowler at mid-on to tell him what to bowl. Put Mohammad Abbas or Mohammad Amir there and he should do fine.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    interesting.

Misbah still hasnt applied.

And good observation. If some of these players have fitness issue then why are they playing t20s abroad. This is where the problem lies
    PCB is neither like ECB, BCCI or ACB. We are one of the most unprofessional and corrupt board.
    He can still get the job even without apply.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

Firstly, Ehsan Adil.

The problem is that Pakistan has not known how to handle him. He is a Hazlewood clone who is only likely to succeed in Tests outside Asia, and while the dodgy balls and pitches in domestic cricket will make his figures look good, it's pointless wasting his body in Asian conditions at all.

I would still take him to Australia this winter, because his height will be crucial at Brisbane and his bowling style will go well with the pink ball at Adelaide. Finally there are two courses for which this horse is perfect! He really should have gone to South Africa last winter too.

As for Rahat Ali, you are spot on! He has a good technique in terms of his wrist and seam position. His only problem has been that he is not a good analytical thinker. He did well in test cricket under Waqar Younis not because Waqar is a great coach but because Waqar could tell him what to bowl when.

Rahat just needs a senior bowler at mid-on to tell him what to bowl. Put Mohammad Abbas or Mohammad Amir there and he should do fine.
    I think the point I and major were making is that it’s wrong to say Misbah vetoes players or is against the introduction of younger players just the selection of ehsan adil and rahat Ali shows that a few years ago we were trying to develop young seam bowlers as afridi hafeez and ajmal were no longer going to be main mode of attack. So much gets blamed on misbah that is out of the control of any captain and unfair.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 step forward , 10 backwards.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i would had answered your post, bu thte problem is as soon as you finsihed talking about the selection, you talk about the same old 4 year team building thing. Just implying that you hate him nothing else.

Even though the answer has been already given in the above post
    I dont have any hate against anyone.

Just raising the obvious questions which Misbah as a captain failed to and now as a camp comandant failed to select young talents where instead went with the oldies.

U can like Misbah how much u want. But for that u shouldnt see yourself as pro Misbah for everything and when others raise or criticize they certainly doesnt have to be Misbah haters.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    I dont have any hate against anyone.

Just raising the obvious questions which Misbah as a captain failed to and now as a camp comandant failed to select young talents where instead went with the oldies.

U can like Misbah how much u want. But for that u shouldnt see yourself as pro Misbah for everything and when others raise or criticize they certainly doesnt have to be Misbah haters.
    Did Misbah select the people attending the camp? Can you give me a source for this please?

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Misbah speaking to the press

"I haven't applied for the Head Coach role. All the talk in the media are just rumours. I am a member of the cricket committee. Since we don't have a selection committee or team management, I am holding a camp to prepare the players. It's not final whether I will apply for the role or not"

"Former players have their own opinions. I have done Level 2 coaching courses here and also from the ECB, perhaps they don't know about that"

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just a heads up, Shaheen plays for SNGPL.
    Irrelevant

Talk about clutching at straws lol.

Before he was made to eat humble pie by Shaheen, it was blindingly obvious that Misbah did not deem the youngster to be of international standard.

Misbah's poor cricket intelligence can be epitomised by how highly he rated substandard trundlers like Rahat Ali during his days as captain.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if it was up to Misbah, he would have favoured a dead bowler like Rahat over Shaheen, if he was leading the side in this year's WC. Just let that sink for a second...

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm pleased that Misbah is being given reponsibility in the current regime but it's dangerous to put most of your eggs in one basket and putting too much on his shoulders.

Had the pleasure of sitting in an informal environment with Misbah at a charity match for a couple of hours and he had some brilliant and innovative ideas on Pakistan cricket and how to improve it, particularly domestic cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

Firstly, Ehsan Adil.

Ehsan Adil lacks accuracy and his pace is too low. Arshad Iqbal is the real deal, we should seriously consider to take him to Australia later this year.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Did Misbah select the people attending the camp? Can you give me a source for this please?
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-Misbah-ul-Haq

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...7#post10465677

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD, Aug 23 (APP):No foreigners would get the opportunity to serve at key coaching posts in Pakistan Cricket, as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is likely to assign former national cricket stars on key coaching responsibilities.

Several former cricketers have applied for the key slots of head coach, batting coach and bowling coach and it is being discussed to avail their expertise for Pakistan cricket team, a source told APP.

He said former great cricketer Mohsin Hasan Khan, Rashid Latif, Misbahul Haq and Saqlain Mushtaq were also set to be given different roles by PCB.

Misbah who has already been appointed as camp-commandant of the pre-season Pakistan camp would be coming as the head coach for the national team, he said.

https://www.app.com.pk/pcb-likely-to...ponsibilities/
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th August 2019 at 14:03.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Optins running out for PCB so we could well see this

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah top contender for head coach

SLAMABAD, Aug 26 (APP):Former skipper Misbah ul Haq was the top contender to be the head coach for the national team as the Mianwali-born cricketer would be applying for the post.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official told APP that PCB is focusing on to hire local coaches for the team and Misbah is the top preference for the job as he would be applying for the post.

“Foreign cricketers have also applied for key slots of head coach, batting coach and bowling coach, but PCB’s preference was to hire the local coaches for the team,” he said.

However, the deadline for accepting applications for coaching staff was August 26. The official further said former cricketer Mohsin Hasan Khan, Rashid Latif, Ijaz Ahmed and Saqlain Mushtaq were also under consideration by PCB to be given different roles.

Source

https://www.app.com.pk/misbah-top-co...or-head-coach/

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not going to end well. Pakistani coaches will never work for our boys, who need a danda to keep them in line.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to reports

Rashid Latif declined the offer to become the chief selector so Misbah will be CS+head coach

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah ul haq it is then. Head Coach and Chief Selector. I hope it will be worth it.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah has stepped down from the committee and has applied for the head coach role

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we know who's our next coach?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    This is not going to end well. Pakistani coaches will never work for our boys, who need a danda to keep them in line.
    Misbah is an authority figure. Commands tons of respect, and players will follow him.

Plus, he's the fittest guy in our setup in decades, and will transfer that fitness priority to the players as well.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Misbah is an authority figure. Commands tons of respect, and players will follow him.

Plus, he's the fittest guy in our setup in decades, and will transfer that fitness priority to the players as well.
    You forgot to add, he's also allergic to youngsters and didn't want shaheen, as well as being one of the worst odi batsmen in cricket history. in addition to this he was responsible for us losing 2 world cups.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    You forgot to add, he's also allergic to youngsters and didn't want shaheen, as well as being one of the worst odi batsmen in cricket history. in addition to this he was responsible for us losing 2 world cups.
    The 2007 t20 WC final only went to the point it did coz of Misbah. We were down and out just 5 overs before. We didn't "lose" it coz of him we nearly won it.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    The 2007 t20 WC final only went to the point it did coz of Misbah. We were down and out just 5 overs before. We didn't "lose" it coz of him we nearly won it.
    And we lost because of him too, by playing that pathetic shot.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aus, Ind, NZ all 3 are doing well and have local coaches who understand their cricket culture. SA was doing well till Russel Domingo which was a local coach.

If anything I think going for local coach (Obviously need to find a good one) will be good for Pak cricket in the long run.

Reasons can be man but the fact is Pak won 92 WC, 2009 T20 WC and achieved number 1 test ranking under local coaches. Just like foreign coaches its important to choose the right candidate for the role.

Its high time Pak starts to develop its local coaches for future assignments.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad United has produced the most number of young cricketers and Misbah was the captain for initial few seasons. He wasnt really allergic to youngsters rather the available resources during his era were very limited. I don’t remember any promising youngster during 2011-16 which was a great talent but Misbah didnt select him.

Coming to Shaheen, making comments on channels is different than being a coach. Shaheen was their in the camp recently where Misbah was the in charge and even selected players for that camp. Though things he said regarding Shaheen were factually correct as against Afg in Warm Up match and against Aus his lengths were completely off for the new ball.

Also Mickey Arther did the same thing which Misbah was saying and after selecting Shaheen again they didnt give him new ball against NZ onwards and thus he had better control and results were there for everyone to see afterwards.
    Last edited by Titan24; 26th August 2019 at 17:08.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your post is based on rhetoric and irrational dislike for the guy. That's entirely false. It's your choice what you choose to believe in, driven by your dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Islamabad United has produced the most number of young cricketers and Misbah was the captain for initial few seasons. He wasnt really allergic to youngsters rather the available resources during his era were very limited. I don’t remember any promising youngster during 2011-16 which was a great talent but Misbah didnt select him.

Coming to Shaheen, making comments on channels is different than being a coach. Shaheen was their in the camp recently where Misbah was the in charge and even selected players for that camp. Though things he said regarding Shaheen were factually correct as against Afg in Warm Up match and against Aus his lengths were completely off for the new ball.

Also Mickey Arther did the same thing which Misbah was saying and after selecting Shaheen again they didnt give him new ball against NZ onwards and thus he had better control and results were there for everyone to see afterwards.
    Excellent post.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus, Ind, NZ all 3 are doing well and have local coaches who understand their cricket culture. SA was doing well till Russel Domingo which was a local coach.

If anything I think going for local coach (Obviously need to find a good one) will be good for Pak cricket in the long run.

Reasons can be man but the fact is Pak won 92 WC, 2009 T20 WC and achieved number 1 test ranking under local coaches. Just like foreign coaches its important to choose the right candidate for the role.

Its high time Pak starts to develop its local coaches for future assignments.
    Again, an excellent post.

The level of maturity and understanding of the game you show very few posses.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like it was all a drama to set-up misbah as coach.

lets see how things go, at the moment looking like he will end up bring both head coach and chief selector.

just hope he leaves his bias' behind and doesn't pick his friends

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah will be chief selector and Dean will be head coach IMO.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are merits in both local or foreign coaches. Local coaches know domestic players and their behaviours better, but our prone to bias and favoritism. Communication is also a big plus. Foreign coaches on the other hand are not that well versed with our players and Pakistani way of motivating players but they would bring better coaching techniques, experiences and education. They would be impartial in selection matters.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head Coach: Deono/Misbah (some combination)

Batting Coach: Muhammad Wasim

Bowling Coach: Waqar Younis

Spin Coach: ???

Fielding Coach: ???

And the team overlooking coaching all the way down to the bottom.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post

You forgot Social Media Coach.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Misbah will be chief selector and Dean will be head coach IMO.
    Did Tom Moody not apply for the position of head coach?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post

According to report Faisal Iqbal is PCB's first choice.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    According to some insiders PCB has already made Misbah as next coach. They are just buying some time to make the job advertisement credible.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    There are merits in both local or foreign coaches. Local coaches know domestic players and their behaviours better, but our prone to bias and favoritism. Communication is also a big plus. Foreign coaches on the other hand are not that well versed with our players and Pakistani way of motivating players but they would bring better coaching techniques, experiences and education. They would be impartial in selection matters.
    This is true in general, but with a local option like Misbah, who is thoroughly professional and educated, we have everything going in our favor.

Excellent choice - a big upgrade over Mickey Arthur.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is true in general, but with a local option like Misbah, who is thoroughly professional and educated, we have everything going in our favor.

Excellent choice - a big upgrade over Mickey Arthur.
    Also we can get lots of experience veteran players and replace Babar, Afridi, Imam, Haris, Fakhar, Hasnain and block the next upcoming players like N Shah, Haider, Rohail.....
    In 2023 World cup we will be the most experience team in the World Cup where other teams will have 90% new players.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I would really like Misbah to head the selection committee - coaching is not his forte.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I would really like Misbah to head the selection committee - coaching is not his forte.
    Then we will see Azhar and Shafiq will be brought back to our ODI squad along with Zulfi, Gul, Rahat, Kamran... He will be a good hope for 38+ older players to represent Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Also we can get lots of experience veteran players and replace Babar, Afridi, Imam, Haris, Fakhar, Hasnain and block the next upcoming players like N Shah, Haider, Rohail.....
    In 2023 World cup we will be the most experience team in the World Cup where other teams will have 90% new players.
    You're like a broken record now.

Stop posting emotional, irrational, false posts.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...orld-Cup-squad

Read through that thread, many PP experts like you wanted Shaheen gone as well, it's not as if it was some crazy decision, especially after how he played against Australia.

If you seriously think he's responsible for 'losing' 2 world cups you are just blinded by hatred.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your post is based on rhetoric and irrational dislike for the guy. That's entirely false. It's your choice what you choose to believe in, driven by your dislike.

Excellent post.
    If mine is driven by dislike then what is your driven by blind support.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes Amir was poor against West Indies. Shaheen shouldn't have been picked for the world cup. Let's not forget he benched Babar azam.