User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Not good to force legendary players to apply" : Mohsin Khan to apply for Head Coach role

Pakistanís former Test cricketer Mohsin Khan is looking forward to applying for the post of Pakistan cricket teamís coaching.

While talking to the media on Saturday, Khan said that he is ready to serve for Pakistanís cricket in any role. ďPakistan is my first priority and I always wish to contribute for Pakistan,Ē he said.

The right-handed batsman, on the other hand, also criticized the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for advertising the post of teamís coaching. ďIt is not good to force legendary players to apply for the post of coaching,Ē Khan added.

Pakistanís former coach, who recently left his job as the chairman of PCBís cricket committee, confirmed that he didnít get any offer from the board yet. ďNo, it is not true. PCB hasnít contacted me yet for any post,Ē he replied to a question.

It is pertinent to mention here that the PCB has advertised for the post of head coach, batting, bowling and fielding coaches of the national team. Earlier, the board had decided to not extend the contract of Mickey Arthur.

https://arysports.tv/mohsin-khan-app...team-coaching/

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reason enough for him not to apply. Idiot.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Where do these people get the entitled mentality from?

Pathetic.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Legendary player?Are he is out of his mind. 😡

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pathetic! These guys are so privileged, they expect to just be handed everything without putting any effort in at all!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shows how professional he can be with such entitled mentality. Enough reasons to not even open his application.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep him out.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he gets the job it will be a sad day for Pakistan cricket.

Also where does this entitlement come from?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is not even level 1 coach, he will not get it.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need either him or Misbah as the head coach.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He's right. The man is a legendary player with an average of 37.10 in Tests.

This is outrageous from the PCB.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    He's right. The man is a legendary player with an average of 37.10 in Tests.

This is outrageous from the PCB.
    He played in a tougher era and faced superior bowling attacks. Was Pakistan's first double centurion at Lords
    Last edited by Savak; 11th August 2019 at 03:04. Reason: Typo

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    He played in a tougher era and faced superior bowling attacks. Was Pakistan's first double centurion at Lords
    Even Mudassar Nazar averaged 38 as Mohsin's opening partner.

I guess he's a legend too.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tou zimmat na karien na apply karnay ka.... hum apki kummi ka dukh seh liengaye Mohsin sahab.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looool @ the entitlement attitude and the arrogance. I've never heard of legend refer to themselves as a legend.

"i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is thats why he is working in NCA.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    He is thats why he is working in NCA.
    Azhar Mahmood and Mohsin Kamal were legends too?

Legends include the likes of Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Fazal Mahmood. Let's not start calling good players, "legends".

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tiny soft spot for him has finally been erased

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He averaged 26 in odis and I guess It was like 76 at that time or may be 86? He played 48 test matches and then decided to try his luck in bollywood after marrying an indian actress. I have heard that he used Reena Roy to get to bollywood and then later forced her to settle in England permanently which she did not agree with.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Chai Master and his entitlement

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he is ready to serve Pakistan in any role then why he left the chairman pcb committee post earlier.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babaji tussi vi apply na karna...

Oh wait, you arenít a legendary player

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    A legend who ditched the team at the age of 30 to flop in Bollywood.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mudassar and Zakir Khan are legends at least in the PM's books.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one takes him seriously.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it could very well be MHK 2019

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol what he really should have said was:

“Not good to force Bollywood legends to apply”

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    A legend who ditched the team at the age of 30 to flop in Bollywood.
    He was actually dropped by the selectors and told that they were moving on from him. At the same time he started getting offers from Bollywood and was involved with a Bollywood actress and Pakistani Cricketers back then were paid a pittance in compassion Bollywood represented an opportunity to uplift your family and future generations lifestyles. It was actually a smart move to be honest

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Mudi Pa is treated like a legend in Pakistani Cricketing circles, he was highly regarded by Imran Khan and has coached Pakistan and then commented in international cricket and later worked in the academies for the PCB and the ICC

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Mudassar should be recognised as a PAK legend in cricket - may not be for his game; but he was the guy availing an international coaching/administrative job at ICC on his own credentials. I doubt which other PAK legend can claim that - their range is BD of 2000, China, UAE, Afghanistan .... and obviously PCB.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    He was actually dropped by the selectors and told that they were moving on from him. At the same time he started getting offers from Bollywood and was involved with a Bollywood actress and Pakistani Cricketers back then were paid a pittance in compassion Bollywood represented an opportunity to uplift your family and future generations lifestyles. It was actually a smart move to be honest
    He was only 30. It wasnít the end of the world for him. Considering how badly he flopped in Bollywood, it clearly wasnít a smart move in hindsight.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mohsin Khan confirms running for Pakistan head coach’s job

Former Pakistan batsman Mohsin Khan Saturday threw his hat into the ring for the national team head coach’s job left vacant after the cricket board decided not to renew South African Mickey Arthur’s contract.

Mohsin, who has remained a chief selector and also the interim head coach of the national team, said at a function here that the PCB could easily find a capable person from the country to coach the national team.

“I have been offered positions twice thrice by the previous board set-up but I did not accept because I could not work with a corrupt set-up. But I am willing to work with this set-up provided they show respect to their own players,” he said.

Asked if he has applied for the head coach’s job, Mohsin said since it was a requirement he will do it but insisted the process was not necessary when appointing local coaches.

He said Pakistan team does not need a foreign coach and foreign support staff.

“What have these foreign coaches achieved when the board has hired them. What did Arthur achieve,” he questioned.

Mohsin said if he is offered any position by the Board, he would make it clear he would not compromise on discipline.

“Sometimes, I feel those people have not utilised my expertise as they know I am not corrupt and will not do any hanky panky,” said Mohsin who played 48 Tests between 1978 and 1986.

Former Pakistan opener Aamir Sohail, who has also served as chief selector in the past, said the Cricket Committee headed by Wasim Khan had taken the right decision to give marching orders to Arthur and his support staff.

“Yes, it was the right thing to do after three years but what is important is to see what happens now. I think we have enough capable people in our own country who can do a good job with the team,” Sohail said.

He also noted that the PCB needed to change its priorities.

“They have asked for coaches qualified to run so many software programmes to apply for the coaching positions and the funny thing is that what steps does the board take to educate its own local coaches in such programmes,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...s-job-5896549/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    “They have asked for coaches qualified to run so many software programmes to apply for the coaching positions and the funny thing is that what steps does the board take to educate its own local coaches in such programmes,” he said.
    Wait what ? Why is it the PCB's function ?

Why don't YOU with your millions made from playing cricket go purchase the software, download the tutorials and do the work of upskilling yourself ?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mudi Pa is treated like a legend in Pakistani Cricketing circles, he was highly regarded by Imran Khan and has coached Pakistan and then commented in international cricket and later worked in the academies for the PCB and the ICC
    No arguments from me there. Mudassar is a hard-working guy and very well-liked. I loved how he sent a young Umar Akmal packing when he was fooling around at the NCA.

But he's not a "legendary player" (most of his good work came post-retirement) nor was Mohsin Khan. These guys were decent players that were overshadowed by multiple teammates during their prime.

The likes of Mohsin Khan should never be in the same tier as Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, and Javed Miandad.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone should apply then anyone who has had a go before should be discounted.

Mudassar Nazar would be a good selection in some capacity, as long as he gets rid of player who do not perform over a length limited time.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Absolutely

Make Mohsin Khan head coach, Intikhab Alam manager, Wasim Bari chief selector, Abdul Qadir spin bowling coach, Sarfraz Nawaz fast bowling coach, Zaheer Abbass batting coach, and Javed Miandad DG Operations.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncle is already bringing his entitled attitude. Probably a warning sign.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I was heading selection committee I would immediately throw his file in dustbin.

these people have such big self ego. I mean what are they thinking when they uttar such statements.

he is already thinking of being superior as if all other names being considered wete some third grad club level cricketer.

they must be ashamed giving such statements.

its a professional post they dam will earn lots of money for it. its not going to b free. so why they hate following the procedure.