Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 164
  1. #81
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,419
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This type of inning was required from him in the semi final. He surely flopped there.
    That Iíll agree. Painful for me to recall.

  2. #82
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a smashing team when there is zero pressure

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    5,296
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Who cares. Good shot is a good shot. No funky shot. Still one of the most attractive player to wtach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Did he flop in the World Cup?
    Was jok. Chillax.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When there is an ounce of pressure, we fall like a pack of cards. Useless team, time waste to follow.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    5,507
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Weíll never, ever replace Dhoni. Not in a 100 years.
    It is almost the end of an era.

    Dhoni and Yuvi the best finishers of world cricket in recent times or perhaps the best ever.

  6. #86
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    It is almost the end of an era.

    Dhoni and Yuvi the best finishers of world cricket in recent times or perhaps the best ever.
    Yes, Yuvi finished our 2016 T20 WC chances and Dhoni finished our 2015 and 2019 WC chances very well.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    These runs are making Kohli look so bad lol.

    During the WC he didn't score a single century and couldn't score when India needed it.

    Zero pressure against WI, right after the WC he scores consecutive centuries.

    I hope people realize how pointless bilaterials are now and how runs in these games shouldn't be held too highly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  8. #88
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,182
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watching this game as it is a convenient time and the GOAT is batting


    This Iyer kid is special. Never should've been dropped in the first place. India were playing bums over him. They better not make the same mistakes that Pakistan have with Haris.

    He reminds me a bit of Moyo.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,595
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These runs are making Kohli look so bad lol.

    During the WC he didn't score a single century and couldn't score when India needed it.

    Zero pressure against WI, right after the WC he scores consecutive centuries.

    I hope people realize how pointless bilaterials are now and how runs in these games shouldn't be held too highly.
    Kohli failed when it mattered the most and he is still our captain. Team is going nowhere under his captaincy and Shastri's coaching.

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Watching this game as it is a convenient time and the GOAT is batting


    This Iyer kid is special. Never should've been dropped in the first place. India were playing bums over him. They better not make the same mistakes that Pakistan have with Haris.

    He reminds me a bit of Moyo.
    Please don't insult the great MoYo who is an inspiration to an entire generation of South Asian kids. Iyer can never match the grace or poise of the great man

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Kohli failed when it mattered the most and he is still our captain. Team is going nowhere under his captaincy and Shastri's coaching.
    It wasn't form, he just couldn't handle the pressure or step up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  12. #92
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These runs are making Kohli look so bad lol.

    During the WC he didn't score a single century and couldn't score when India needed it.

    Zero pressure against WI, right after the WC he scores consecutive centuries.

    I hope people realize how pointless bilaterials are now and how runs in these games shouldn't be held too highly.
    Don't care what you think. He helps INdia win an international. That is all there to it.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Don't care what you think. He helps INdia win an international. That is all there to it.
    An international nobody gives a damn about. These are cricket's equivalent of friendlies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  14. #94
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Iyer guy is a great slogger against spin. Surely he will fail like all our other batsmen when there is some swing or seam

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iyer is a new six hitting sensation for India. 6th six.

  16. #96
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    An international nobody gives a damn about. These are cricket's equivalent of friendlies.
    Unfortunately some of my countrymen feel this win is equivalent to a world cup semifinal win.. don't bother arguing

  17. #97
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pace and Iyer fell like it was expected. Another one match wonder..

  18. #98
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    An international nobody gives a damn about. These are cricket's equivalent of friendlies.
    I have seen you boasting about bilateral wins right here in this forum lol. At the end of the day Kohli was part of the XI that won the world cup. He played his part. He helped win a CT final. He had three failures while chasing in crunch game against good bowlers. If you don't really care about bilateral you should not show up for the next 4 years to tlak about one dayers.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,824
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.
    Totally useless team, have won only 4 of the 5 games this series. A not useless team would have huffed and puffed and blown the clouds away to make it 5 out of 5 games.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Unfortunately some of my countrymen feel this win is equivalent to a world cup semifinal win.. don't bother arguing
    World cup semifinal win means nothing if you don't win final.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Unfortunately some of my countrymen feel this win is equivalent to a world cup semifinal win.. don't bother arguing
    I remember how much grief I was getting for India's B team beating us 4-1 home from some Indian fans.

    I told them we'd at least beat them once in the WC, I lost faith with our performances in the group stage but somehow my initial prediction came true and that was based on my gut months out.

    Funnily enough, Kohli left to go on holiday after a few games. Maybe if he stuck around he could have gotten a better look at Boult in testing conditions and been better prepared to face him in the WC
    Last edited by Aman; 15th August 2019 at 03:27.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  22. #102
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    World cup semifinal win means nothing if you don't win final.
    To get into the final one has to win the semifinal though, an art which we forgot long ago.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Some pace and Iyer fell like it was expected. Another one match wonder..
    7 innings 4 fifties avge 46 strike rate 98.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are you guys here posting comment if you don't like bilateral?

  25. #105
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I remember how much grief I was getting for India's B team smashing us at home from some Indian fans.

    I told them we'd at least beat them once in the WC, I lost faith with our performances in the group stage but somehow my initial prediction came true and that was based on my gut months out.

    Funnily enough, Kohli left to go on holiday after a few games. Maybe if he stuck around he could have gotten a better look at Boult in testing conditions and been better prepared to face him in the WC
    He would have still failed. It's the pressure that he can't handle and he does not have technique too obviously for testing conditions. India can beat New Zealand the next 100 times we play you guys but still you will have the bragging rights.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Kohli averaging 200 after the WC?

    I can't believe more Indians aren't filthy.
    Last edited by Aman; 15th August 2019 at 03:29.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  27. #107
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    7 innings 4 fifties avge 46 strike rate 98.
    I will judge him after some tough tours and against better teams. Runs against this West Indies don't matter much..

  28. #108
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Kohli averaging 200 after the WC?
    he averaged 50 plus in the world cup too. He averaged 50 plus in 2015 world cup as well .

  29. #109
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Kohli averaging 200 after the WC?

    I can't believe more Indians aren't filthy.
    Shows how embarrassingly poor he was in the world cup.. can't bat to save his life when there's pressure

  30. #110
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    he averaged 50 plus in the world cup too. He averaged 50 plus in 2015 world cup as well .
    0 100s.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    I will judge him after some tough tours and against better teams. Runs against this West Indies don't matter much..
    That is applicable for everyone not just Iyer. Nobody is guaranteed to do well everywhere.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    0 100s.
    Well he handed over that task to Rohit sharma. Atleast 3 occasions he didn't have enough time to get to 100.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Consecutive 100s

    Bilaterial GOAT is back.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    It would have been better if Kohli failed this series, you could have put it down to form.

    Scoring consecutive 100s after his WC is really bad optics which vindicates doubters who say he's not good under pressure or when you need him most.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  35. #115
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,024
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an embarrassment this Kohli is.. clearly he can't score when there is pressure..

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,661
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli has to be ODI GOAT. He has 43 centuries in just 230 innings!

  37. #117
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,857
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy Kohli is some artist with a Bat !!!!!!

  38. #118
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Consecutive 100s

    Bilaterial GOAT is back.
    You sound like scoring 100 in bilateral is too easy lol Taylor + Williamson still well below century count of Kohli. Otherwise many would have done it. His performance in knockouts can be criticized. But diminishing overall career can only be termed as sour grapes. Heck even Jadeja scored a 56 lol So he must be better than lot of batsmen who failed in the semi

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bilateral God is back in form! Such a great player !!

  40. #120
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holder is a better test captain than ODI captain. His field sets are questionable.


  41. #121
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,595
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pant 12 matches - 229 runs - 22 avg - 96 SR

    Iyer 9 matches - 346 runs - 49 avg - 105 SR

    And Pant who is the next big thing in Indian cricket is supposed to be a key player for India. Can you see how this overhyping a player thing works in India? Hardworking players will get less chances to prove themselves.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bilateral vs ICC tournament debate is useless. Do good bowlers suddenly disappear in bilaterals ? Bowlers can't create pressure in bilaterals ? What an absurd view.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    It would have been better if Kohli failed this series, you could have put it down to form.

    Scoring consecutive 100s after his WC is really bad optics which vindicates doubters who say he's not good under pressure or when you need him most.
    You suggest he should deliberately fail in the process causing his team to lose the match just to prove he was going through bad patch? Are you serious? Rahul Dravid is so passionate about even Ranji trophy first class game with zero spectator. That is why he was so successful. Just because you play club cricket you will play casually ?

  44. #124
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kant View Post
    This bilateral vs ICC tournament debate is useless. Do good bowlers suddenly disappear in bilaterals ? Bowlers can't create pressure in bilaterals ? What an absurd view.
    Exactly. Have these guys ever played cricket. I doubt it. When we play cricket in our colony with walls as boundaries we take those games as seriously as any. It is a competitive sport. Sure stakes are high in the world cup. Doesn't mean you have to be "less competitive" in bilateral. That is a preposterous view.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You suggest he should deliberately fail in the process causing his team to lose the match just to prove he was going through bad patch? Are you serious? Rahul Dravid is so passionate about even Ranji trophy first class game with zero spectator. That is why he was so successful. Just because you play club cricket you will play casually ?
    I'm not saying he deliberately fail, just that it proves it wasn't form.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  46. #126
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,595
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You suggest he should deliberately fail in the process causing his team to lose the match just to prove he was going through bad patch? Are you serious? Rahul Dravid is so passionate about even Ranji trophy first class game with zero spectator. That is why he was so successful. Just because you play club cricket you will play casually ?
    Point is Kohli failed when India needed him the most. Whether its CT final or WC semi final. It has nothing to do with form. He was under pressure to perform but he failed. Its as simple as that.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I'm not saying he deliberately fail, just that it proves it wasn't form.
    Why do you think people would believe that theory. He was in form. He was scoring 5 fifties in 6 innings. He failed in that one game. Basically you are suggesting Boult's wicket was a lucky wicket because he was a bowling to a batsman who would fail under pressure. Thanks for clarifying that lol. We kinda saw that in the final.

  48. #128
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,196
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Donít care about bilateral , Kohli is in Amla league .
    I support Rohit and Dhawan over him in LOI.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Why do you think people would believe that theory. He was in form. He was scoring 5 fifties in 6 innings. He failed in that one game. Basically you are suggesting Boult's wicket was a lucky wicket because he was a bowling to a batsman who would fail under pressure. Thanks for clarifying that lol. We kinda saw that in the final.
    Dude, usually when Kohli comes to bat against us I worry. He's always confident and has a swagger about him, that game I knew he wasn't going to last, I think I even posted that before he got out.

    There was no confidence or swagger, he was nervous and looked like a person under the pump and was afraid to fail again.
    Last edited by Aman; 15th August 2019 at 03:50.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  50. #130
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Don’t care about bilateral , Kohli is in Amla league .
    I support Rohit and Dhawan over him in LOI.
    Rohit failed too lol. Jadeja is the only guy i am going to rate now.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Rohit failed too lol. Jadeja is the only guy i am going to rate now.
    I rate Rohit and Dhawan higher than Kohli now tbh. Both have been dominant in ICC tournaments.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  52. #132
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Dude, usually when Kohli comes to bat against us I worry. He's always confident and has a swagger about him, that game I knew he wasn't going to last, I think I even posted that before he got out.

    There was no confidence or swagger, he was nervous and had looked like a person under the pump and was afraid to fail again.
    You could say the same about your own team. Bottling in important games in the entire world cup history. That doesn't mean we can keep making fun of entire NZ team after each of their bilateral win.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I rate Rohit and Dhawan higher than Kohli now tbh. Both have been dominant in ICC tournaments.
    Much like we rate Srilanka over NZ in the ICC tournaments. won world T20, won world cup. Three time world cup finalists.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You could say the same about your own team. Bottling in important games in the entire world cup history. That doesn't mean we can keep making fun of entire NZ team after each of their bilateral win.
    I'm not making fun of you. It's pointing out to the die hard Kohli fans he's nowhere as good as they think he is.

    That WC for him was a shocker, at the peak of his career, after averaging something like 90 across 3 years (followed by consecutive 100s after the tournament) to produce what he did was a huge hit to his legacy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Much like we rate Srilanka over NZ in the ICC tournaments. won world T20, won world cup. Three time world cup finalists.
    Well, they are.

    It's a fact


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  56. #136
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I'm not making fun of you. It's pointing out to the die hard Kohli fans he's nowhere as good as they think he is.

    That WC for him was a shocker, at the peak of his career, after averaging something like 90 across 3 years (followed by consecutive 100s after the tournament) to produce what he did was a huge hit to his legacy.
    Tendulkar bottled in two world cup finals he reached. WOn't diminish his legacy. Richards failed 2 out of 3 finals. Won't diminish his legacy as well. Lara never played in the final. Doesn't mean he is unratable.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Tendulkar bottled in two world cup finals he reached. WOn't diminish his legacy. Richards failed 2 out of 3 finals. Won't diminish his legacy as well. Lara never played in the final. Doesn't mean he is unratable.
    Viv and Tendulkar had dominant WCs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  58. #138
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,040
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Viv and Tendulkar had dominant WCs.
    Failed in crunch game which is what Kohli did. Otherwise his record is not that bad. Indian openers did really well so he didn't have that much of an opportunity to go big. Rahul, Dhawan, Rohit all did well. Typically Kohli gets a lot more overs than this.

  59. #139
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    322
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brilliant inns from Kohli ...what ever said and done chasing almost 8 runs/over in an abroad series decider is extraordinary stuff.

    with already 4 KOs in (world cup + CT) Kohli needs 1 or 2 WC KOs to be a contender for the GOAT ODI batsman.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    2,443
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I'm not making fun of you. It's pointing out to the die hard Kohli fans he's nowhere as good as they think he is.

    That WC for him was a shocker, at the peak of his career, after averaging something like 90 across 3 years (followed by consecutive 100s after the tournament) to produce what he did was a huge hit to his legacy.
    I don't think world cup for kohli was a shocker. But he definitely underachieved. And it has lot to do with Rohit sharma' s purple patch, which never given Kohli enough time to bat. When Rohit failed at the top , it was Kohli who scored vital runs for India. Against Afghanistan spinners , who are world class, he was the only one who scored around 100 strike rate, and saved us from embarrassment.

    In semifinals, we got different conditions, which were totally opposite to the conditions, we played in group stages. And we could n't adapt. Also NZ bowlers were too good in those conditions. Even the best batting line up in the world struggled against NZ bowlers in their own conditions and needed a miracle to win.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    352
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha yet another useless bilateral century from most overrated batsman in the history of cricket

  62. #142
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,760
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    GOAT batsman.

    43 centuries in 239 ODIs while averaging 60+.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can keep fuming while he will keep scoring. the world does really works in most brutal ways brother

  64. #144
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, we saw that in two finals. vs Australia in 2003 & vs Sri Lanka in 2011. he wanted to live his so-called world cup dream by someone else scoring the runs for him.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    42,244
    Mentioned
    2372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KohliKafan View Post
    you can keep fuming while he will keep scoring. the world does really works in most brutal ways brother
    Yeah, he'll score 100s every other game for 4 more years and then the WC will come and we've already seen that story multiple times already.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  66. #146
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KohliKafan View Post
    yeah, we saw that in two finals. vs Australia in 2003 & vs Sri Lanka in 2011. he wanted to live his so-called world cup dream by someone else scoring the runs for him.
    Tendulkar played well in both semis to get us to the finals especially the 2011 semis, your man hasn't crossed single digits in his 3 attempts in semis.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I don't think world cup for kohli was a shocker. But he definitely underachieved. And it has lot to do with Rohit sharma' s purple patch, which never given Kohli enough time to bat. When Rohit failed at the top , it was Kohli who scored vital runs for India. Against Afghanistan spinners , who are world class, he was the only one who scored around 100 strike rate, and saved us from embarrassment.

    In semifinals, we got different conditions, which were totally opposite to the conditions, we played in group stages. And we could n't adapt. Also NZ bowlers were too good in those conditions. Even the best batting line up in the world struggled against NZ bowlers in their own conditions and needed a miracle to win.
    Were the conditions also drastically different in 2011 and 2015 semis? Once is bad luck, thrice is a choker.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You could say the same about your own team. Bottling in important games in the entire world cup history. That doesn't mean we can keep making fun of entire NZ team after each of their bilateral win.
    The problem with this argument is NZ isn't vying for the GOAT title, kohli is.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is as good as they come when handling pressure is concerned. How convenient for you to judge him on your selective sample size rather than his overall record. No matter how well he goes on to do in whichever situation you will still find reasons to troll the man. Its absurd of you to troll him for being awesome. Your bias is evident as daylight.
    He has been the LOI batsman of the decade and they troll him for 3-4 matches?? Pathetic really..

  70. #150
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Tendulkar played well in both semis to get us to the finals especially the 2011 semis, your man hasn't crossed single digits in his 3 attempts in semis.
    So not performing in 3 important matches means he is no good, does it? How old are you?
    I will negate any batsmens (and bowlers) record using your criterion for having messed up thrice or more in critical matches across their career timeline (mind you kohli has a long career ahead of him)

    Try and respect the man for what he has done. Shameful trolling.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    128
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is there no thread for Nz vs SL test? Nz going through epic collapse right now.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,760
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Why is there no thread for Nz vs SL test? Nz going through epic collapse right now.
    Been there since yesterday.

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...9-Match-Thread


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantanu View Post
    So not performing in 3 important matches means he is no good, does it? How old are you?
    I will negate any batsmens (and bowlers) record using your criterion for having messed up thrice or more in critical matches across their career timeline (mind you kohli has a long career ahead of him)

    Try and respect the man for what he has done. Shameful trolling.
    Whose negating his record, he is a very good batsman easily an ATG but his fans view him as a GOAT, if he wants to be the GOAT he needs to perform at the greatest stage, he's had 3 chances to do so and failed miserably every single time, you can't be a GOAT if you are a choker. Which he is.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,595
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Dude, usually when Kohli comes to bat against us I worry. He's always confident and has a swagger about him, that game I knew he wasn't going to last, I think I even posted that before he got out.

    There was no confidence or swagger, he was nervous and looked like a person under the pump and was afraid to fail again.
    I noticed the same nervousness in him after the first inning of CT Final ended. When you are so animated and show even a minute facial expression it becomes pretty clear for outsiders to notice whether he has confidence or not. Now if you compare this to someone like Williamson or Dhoni its pretty hard to know what they are feeling at that moment.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,576
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iyer looks good. Should bat at 4. Will never understand why he was dropped in the first place.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Iyer looks good. Should bat at 4. Will never understand why he was dropped in the first place.
    He wasn't kohli's buddy and neither did he play for CSK, so the bar was set high for the poor guy, where even a middling innings was considered a failure.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Whose negating his record, he is a very good batsman easily an ATG but his fans view him as a GOAT, if he wants to be the GOAT he needs to perform at the greatest stage, he's had 3 chances to do so and failed miserably every single time, you can't be a GOAT if you are a choker. Which he is.
    You are mathematically wrong jagat.

    3 missed chances does not make a choker in any universe. My point still stands. You judge him for 3 matches while ignoring his other significant knockout maches performances.
    Put simply if he is a choker then the entire cricketing universe is a bunch of nervous nobodies.
    3 is too small a sample size especially when half his career remains yet to unfold.
    Anybody with even the most elementary understanding of statistical analysis can see the flaw in your biased pov. Its not my opinion it is basic math.

    And also did you just refer to him as an ATG and a choker in the same para??

    Overgeneralizing and immature tagging does not help

  78. #158
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,595
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantanu View Post
    You are mathematically wrong jagat.

    3 missed chances does not make a choker in any universe. My point still stands. You judge him for 3 matches while ignoring his other significant knockout maches performances.
    Put simply if he is a choker then the entire cricketing universe is a bunch of nervous nobodies.
    3 is too small a sample size especially when half his career remains yet to unfold.
    Anybody with even the most elementary understanding of statistical analysis can see the flaw in your biased pov. Its not my opinion it is basic math.

    And also did you just refer to him as an ATG and a choker in the same para??

    Overgeneralizing and immature tagging does not help
    I know you are getting emotional now but @jagatk is right on this occasion. Kohli got 3 chances to play that special inning. Even if he had played a part in 1 out of 3 matches, nobody would have questionned his performances in big matches under pressure.

    You can look at Gautam Gambhir for example. He played two match winning innings in two finals.

  79. #159
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantanu View Post
    You are mathematically wrong jagat.

    3 missed chances does not make a choker in any universe. My point still stands. You judge him for 3 matches while ignoring his other significant knockout maches performances.
    Put simply if he is a choker then the entire cricketing universe is a bunch of nervous nobodies.
    3 is too small a sample size especially when half his career remains yet to unfold.
    Anybody with even the most elementary understanding of statistical analysis can see the flaw in your biased pov. Its not my opinion it is basic math.

    And also did you just refer to him as an ATG and a choker in the same para??

    Overgeneralizing and immature tagging does not help
    Actually buddy that is the definition of a choker, a choker isn't a bad player, if he was a bad player no one would expect him to play well when pressure is on. No one calls BD or Kenya chokers, it is used for SA who are most of the times a really good side.

    Also since you want stats and 3 games aren't enough for you how about Mr. GOAT ODI Cricketer has failed to crack top 10 in run getters in any of his 3 world cup's. Where likes of Tendulkar and Richards perform better their career average Kohli does worse, much much worse. Tendulkar goes from 45 career average to 57 in world cups, Richards from career average 47 to 63 in world cups, your guy goes from 60 to 46. Stats enough buddy. He is as this place would call him a JAMODI King.

    Also i would like to know what math you used to come up with he has half his career ahead of him. He debuted when he was 20, unless you truly think he is going to play at top level until he is 40 that's pure **. If you think that, its still **. He has at the best 1 more wc in him and that will be when he is 34. 2015 and 2019 were his best chance to prove he can hack it at the biggest stage and he failed.
    Last edited by jagatk; 15th August 2019 at 19:59.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Actually buddy that is the definition of a choker, a choker isn't a bad player, if he was a bad player no one would expect him to play well when pressure is on. No one calls BD or Kenya chokers, it is used for SA who are most of the times a really good side.

    Also since you want stats and 3 games aren't enough for you how about Mr. GOAT ODI Cricketer has failed to crack top 10 in run getters in any of his 3 world cup's. Where likes of Tendulkar and Richards perform better their career average Kohli does worse, much much worse. Tendulkar goes from 45 career average to 57 in world cups, Richards from career average 47 to 63 in world cups, your guy goes from 60 to 46. Stats enough buddy. He is as this place would call him a JAMODI King.

    Also i would like to know what math you used to come up with he has half his career ahead of him. He debuted when he was 20, unless you truly think he is going to play at top level until he is 40 that's pure **. If you think that, its still **. He has at the best 1 more wc in him and that will be when he is 34. 2015 and 2019 were his best chance to prove he can hack it at the biggest stage and he failed.
    Wrong you are.
    Is it because he failed in the 3 most important matches or is it because of the dip in the average in the world tournaments?

    You need to clarify the absolute criterion before i can factually refute it. No point in shifting the goal post on and off.

    He has a number of world level knockout matches to set things right.

    You ascribe meaning and significance to matches as per your own convenience. So a 183 against srilanka while chasing a mammoth scoee in australia carried less value than tendulkar scoring a meaningless 150 against namibia in a world cup match. How very insteresting.

    You have to consider the context in its entirety before you go around playing with fancy acronyms and hurt yourself in the process.

    He steadied the ship with gambhir in the world cup final 2011 when we had lost quick wickets with a meaningful 30 odd. For me it was a win performance.

    He was chasing 330 plus in the frigggin CT final and amir had skill and energy. How many players have won WC knockout matches for their team while chaisng 330. NAME ONE !?

    Yeah.

    And he had clouds parading overhead with having to face Boult of all people in 2019. Any batsmen from any team would have been blown away. To play newzealand of all teams under swinging conditons!!
    You know that.

    His avergae dipped in the last wc because he sacrificed his usual playing style in the greater interest of the team in 2019 world cup. He hit so many half centuries ***. Do you really think he underperformed in the 2019 WC.

    He was being what his team needed him to be moment to moment and match to match. Not giving a **** about his own personal milestones. Anybody who sees virat play will attest to that.

    Gambhir better than kohli in hitherto clutch world cup matches i agree. But him being a friggin choker is a boatload of baloney.

    Fancy acronyms or not.
    The guy is the greatest chaser of all time in the history of game ever in the words viv,shane, pietersen and you call him a choker.

    I do not understand the unnecessary self flaegllation. Stop tagging him with stupid names is all I ask.

    And yeah considering the fitness levels he maintains i wont be surprised at all of he carries the torch till 38 39. Whats the big deal?

    He is afterall the chasemaster. The greatest at that.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •