Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    This is mostly gibberish with no connection with the reality. How do you know where i have studied or where i am right now? What do you know about people of AJK? I dont know how to respond to this speculative nonsense.

I say it to them all the time. They know they are equally exploited by the Indian state and moreover used as pawns.
    If you are not in India or have been educated in India then whatever you post about Indian atrocities is also speculation. It makes you a bigger hypocrite for shouting Azaadi and making inflammatory statements when you don’t even live there.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    If you are not in India or have been educated in India then whatever you post about Indian atrocities is also speculation. It makes you a bigger hypocrite for shouting Azaadi and making inflammatory statements when you don’t even live there.
    Like i said, you are a typical loudmouth with no connection with reality. You're living in a world of your own where you are smart and know things. Take a hike.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I say it to them all the time. They know they are equally exploited by the Indian state and moreover used as pawns.
    lol Big words coming from a guy who is apparently Kashmiri that is ok with Pakistan using Kashmiris as pawns to cause trouble for India. I have interacted with a few Kashmiri Pandits closely, there is a small community here in Victoria where I am at and during every event or meet, they talk about the atrocities that were done to them, how their men were injured or killed, their women were kidnapped & raped including female children. Don't get me started.............................. Here is a few words from an apparent exploited Kashmiri..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    lol Big words coming from a guy who is apparently Kashmiri that is ok with Pakistan using Kashmiris as pawns to cause trouble for India. I have interacted with a few Kashmiri Pandits closely, there is a small community here in Victoria where I am at and during every event or meet, they talk about the atrocities that were done to them, how their men were injured or killed, their women were kidnapped & raped including female children. Don't get me started.............................. Here is a few words from an apparent exploited Kashmiri..

People who were fighting for their rights even before the creation of India or Pakistan cannot be pawns. The stand of Kashmiris has not dwindled under any pressure from anyone.

Any crimes committed against Pandits were shameful but it was mostly not communal as it is potrayed nowadays. The accounts are prone to exaggeration as well and that is regrettable but understandable given that they would want to amplify the projection of their suffering. I even heard from many Indians that hundreds and thousands of pandits were raped and killed when their entire population wasnt even that big to begin with. I dont think pandits even made more than 5% of Kashmiri population. The exaggerations makes a mockery of their genuine suffering for which mostly India is responsible and should pay for. Pandits do understand that they need to ally with Indiam hindus and this is in their best interests. I mean seriously, what will they get if they side with the Kashmiri muslims? They will be disowned by Indians. I dislike their approach but how can i blame them for looking out for themselves and making powerful allies? When they were in Kashmir they used to look at Indians as low caste inferiors, believe it or not. They would have probably not even eaten with you even if you were an american low caste hindu. Oh how times change.

Anupam kher barely ever lived in Kashmir anyway. He comes from a place of privilege. Moreover he never talked about how Kashmiri muslims have been maimed for decades by the Indian establishment. Cannot take such a person seriously.

All in all this discussion has been done to death and only Kashmiris in Kashmir are suffering. India is losing valuable resources. I heard salaries of govt employees will be slashed now in India. What a sad state of affairs for a poor nation whose government looks after matters of ego rather than matters of real concern. I guess a war would be good for India in the long run. It will shed a lot of baggage and then can focus on real things.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People who were fighting for their rights even before the creation of India or Pakistan cannot be pawns. The stand of Kashmiris has not dwindled under any pressure from anyone.

Any crimes committed against Pandits were shameful but it was mostly not communal as it is potrayed nowadays. The accounts are prone to exaggeration as well and that is regrettable but understandable given that they would want to amplify the projection of their suffering. I even heard from many Indians that hundreds and thousands of pandits were raped and killed when their entire population wasnt even that big to begin with. I dont think pandits even made more than 5% of Kashmiri population. The exaggerations makes a mockery of their genuine suffering for which mostly India is responsible and should pay for. Pandits do understand that they need to ally with Indiam hindus and this is in their best interests. I mean seriously, what will they get if they side with the Kashmiri muslims? They will be disowned by Indians. I dislike their approach but how can i blame them for looking out for themselves and making powerful allies? When they were in Kashmir they used to look at Indians as low caste inferiors, believe it or not. They would have probably not even eaten with you even if you were an american low caste hindu. Oh how times change.

Anupam kher barely ever lived in Kashmir anyway. He comes from a place of privilege. Moreover he never talked about how Kashmiri muslims have been maimed for decades by the Indian establishment. Cannot take such a person seriously.

All in all this discussion has been done to death and only Kashmiris in Kashmir are suffering. India is losing valuable resources. I heard salaries of govt employees will be slashed now in India. What a sad state of affairs for a poor nation whose government looks after matters of ego rather than matters of real concern. I guess a war would be good for India in the long run. It will shed a lot of baggage and then can focus on real things.
    Ok, so basically you summed it up by saying Kashmiri Pandit suffering was there but it was not a big issue because you claim their population was not much along with a whole bunch of hoopla. Ok whatever... Lets agree we will never agree on this issue, however you must realize:

- You will not get an independent Kashmir
    - Pakistan is not coming to save you, will they cause more trouble for India in the means of Hafeez Saaed, Masood Azhar etc ? YES... In return who will bear the brunt of the Indian retaliation? YOU WILL.
    - No Indian government will ever trust the Kashmiri muslims, because all the privileges of article 370 which is now (RIP) was not enough to keep you happy and instead you caused chaos.

Your next reality:

- In the next decade or so there will be a demographic shift from mainland India and yes you Kashmiris will become a minority and all this terrorism, extremism, separation yada yada against India which you take part in etc will all die a very sad sad death.

You need to get your mind right, what are you going to do ? Keep digging your own grave or learn to adapt.. If you choose to dig your own grave, well then no problem, please keep going the way it is because no one is coming to save you, your elders dug your destiny in the 80s and now you will walk that path in other words, you are finished....

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Ok, so basically you summed it up by saying Kashmiri Pandit suffering was there but it was not a big issue because you claim their population was not much along with a whole bunch of hoopla.
    I never belittled their sufferings. I just said the fact that Indians exaggerate it to unbelievable proportions makes a mockery of their genuine suffering because when they are encountered with facts and numbers, people begin to discredit them.

Ok whatever... Lets agree we will never agree on this issue, however you must realize:

- You will not get an independent Kashmir
    - Pakistan is not coming to save you, will they cause more trouble for India in the means of Hafeez Saaed, Masood Azhar etc ? YES... In return who will bear the brunt of the Indian retaliation? YOU WILL.
    What makes you think we don't know all of this already?

- No Indian government will ever trust the Kashmiri muslims, because all the privileges of article 370 which is now (RIP) was not enough to keep you happy and instead you caused chaos.
    I think you need to understand one thing. Even with all the manipulations and fabrications associated with the official account of accession, it wasn't India that gave the independent state of Jammu and Kashmir the article 370. It was the Independent state of J&K who acceded to India and gave India rights over it by article 370. It is not the other way round. This was the sole basis of accession (as per official accounts). Rest of what you said becomes meaningless henceforth.

Your next reality:

- In the next decade or so there will be a demographic shift from mainland India and yes you Kashmiris will become a minority and all this terrorism, extremism, separation yada yada against India which you take part in etc will all die a very sad sad death.

You need to get your mind right, what are you going to do ? Keep digging your own grave or learn to adapt.. If you choose to dig your own grave, well then no problem, please keep going the way it is because no one is coming to save you, your elders dug your destiny in the 80s and now you will walk that path in other words, you are finished....
    We shall see.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    And there is more to it. I understand the love and brotherhood that is claimed by Kashmiris on both sides of the border but such a massive influx of refugees will surely become a burden on the people in AJK which will result in strife. And we dont want to see it get to that.
    There was a bit of that in the early years of AJK, when the first few governments had a lot more exiles from the valley. I guess familiarity breeds contempt, whereas distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Some of these last few posts from these HM types are thinly-veiled threats aimed at you. I’m ashamed that we watch impotently from the sidelines here, just as we’ve done for seventy years.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    There was a bit of that in the early years of AJK, when the first few governments had a lot more exiles from the valley. I guess familiarity breeds contempt, whereas distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Some of these last few posts from these HM types are thinly-veiled threats aimed at you. I’m ashamed that we watch impotently from the sidelines here, just as we’ve done for seventy years.
    It's alright. When you have power over others, it makes you blind. You begin thinking that you letting them breathe is mercy and you are benevolent. I usually don't respond to it.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It's alright. When you have power over others, it makes you blind. You begin thinking that you letting them breathe is mercy and you are benevolent. I usually don't respond to it.
    That truly is remarkable fortitude on your part, forged over year upon year in the crucible. I wouldn’t last a day in your shoes.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That truly is remarkable fortitude on your part, forged over year upon year in the crucible. I wouldn’t last a day in your shoes.
    May Allah always keep conflict away from you.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Rajouri (J&K), Sep 19 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir DGP Dilbag Singh on September 19 informed that Pakistan is using drones to drop weapons. He was briefing mediapersons, after Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists arrested by security forces from Rajori. “Pakistan is trying to disturb peace in J&K by using drones to drop weapons. They are also trying to infiltrate terrorists. Dropping of weapons by drone is challenging but we have been able to restrict such acts and have got some success,” said Singh.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jenab dua gos aasun. Hope you're doing great as well. Ahansa, wayn ne lagaan mazai yeti. Manz manz chus diwaan nazra. Kaeshir che chelmit yeti saeri.
    Good to know, ki, sori chu theek pathe....

Chu chuk kashir rozan ki nebar...

Lockdown manz meliv mai aakh kashur yeti, su aus Delhi rozan....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ‘We Don’t Expect Justice’: Kin Of Youth ‘Killed In Custody’ In J&K

A Kashmiri youngster, who was reported dead while in the custody of the Jammu and Kashmir Police on Wednesday, 16 September, has grave injury marks on his body, his family has claimed. They suspect ‘foul-play’ behind his death.

Speaking with The Quint, his brother, Waheed ul Akbar, a software engineer, said he found that three teeth of the victim, 23-year-old Irfan Ahmad Dar, were broken, and there were “grave injury marks” on his body.

Waheed was part of a small group who travelled from Sopore in north Kashmir to central Kashmir’s Ganderbal, nearly 100 kms away, to attend the last rites of his youngest brother, Irfan.

The J&K Police statement said that Irfan took “advantage of (the) darkness and terrain” and “managed to escape” during the raid. The body “was found near Stone Quarry of Tujjar-Sharief” in Sopore, the statement added.

“He fell on a stone and it might have caused his death. A post-mortem report is awaited. Once we get the report, a medical team can come up with the exact details.” Inspector General of Police (Kashmir), Vijay Kumar

Irfan – A ‘Father Figure’ In The Family

Irfan ran a small departmental store adjacent to his home in Sopore’s Sidiq Colony. The middle-class family also owns a tent business. Waheed credits his deceased brother with changing the financial condition of their family. Their father, who had started the store, passed away a few months ago.

“He (Irfan) dropped out of college and started the tent business at a young age. Although he was the youngest, he was a father figure for everyone in the family,” said Waheed, who has done an MTech at a university outside J&K.
    “When I was learning, he was earning. Even though I am the eldest among the siblings, it was Irfan who sent me money. Now I had reached a point when I could give back. But death snatched him from us,” Waheed, who is presently working with a multinational company in South India, told The Quint, as he burst into tears.

How Irfan Came To Be Detained – And What Happened Next

On 15 September afternoon, three cops in civvies arrived at their store, said Waheed. The action, captured on CCTV and independently reviewed by this reporter, shows one of the men taking Irfan’s phone while another puts on his headset.

After a few minutes, Irfan is shown being whisked away. In the statement, the police claimed to have recovered two China-made grenades from his possession. However, the moments caught on CCTV don’t show any recoveries being made.

Javed Ahmad Dar, Irfan’s other elder brother, said that some cops of the J&K Police’s anti-militancy SOG unit – posted in Sopore Townhall – arrived at their store a couple of hours later, after Irfan was detained.

“They accused us of giving shelter to militants. They beat us up and ransacked the house but didn’t find anyone,” Javed, who supported Irfan in his business, told this reporter.

“I spoke with him over the phone but he said he will be back in the evening. The next morning, we got to know about his death. They have killed him,” Javed, who was also detained but later set free, told this reporter.

’Not A Single Case Against Irfan. What Was His Crime?’

Waheed said his brother was an outgoing person who liked to buy expensive gadgets and often spent nights at hill resorts with his friends. “He had recently returned from a three day trip to Pahalgam. Because of his hard work, we were doing well and he was planning to buy an SUV,” he said.

“There is not a single case against him. He has never participated in stone-pelting. We are at a loss to understand what his ‘crime’ was – that they killed him,” Javed said.

Waheed, who was working from home due to the pandemic, is – every now and then – being consoled by a thin trickle of mourners who have been visiting their residence since his brother’s death.

He strongly denies claims by the J&K Police that his brother had ‘sheltered militants’.

“It would have saved his life if he had sheltered militants. If it was true, my brother would be alive. In the face of the torture that he was subjected to, he would have told them everything. But the truth is there was no one. They are cooking up a story to cover ‘their crime’,” he said.

After the news of Irfan’s death spread, the family had requested the police to hand over his body to them for the last rites, but, citing the pandemic guidelines, the police refused.

“In view of the pandemic, the body was buried at Sonmarg area of Ganderbal in presence of a magistrate and close relations,” IGP Kumar said in a press briefing on Thursday.

J&K’s History Of Custodial Deaths

The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday asked the District Magistrate (DM), Baramulla, to probe Irfan’s death. “To find out the truth, it has become expedient to institute Magisterial Enquiry into the incident.. (which) shall submit a report within 20 days,” said an order issued by the DM.

Kashmir isn’t new to custodial deaths, although their occurrence has gone down significantly. According to Amnesty International, there were 706 custodial deaths between 1990 and 1994 alone, in Jammu & Kashmir.

The Jammu and Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCCS) says there were 225 cases of custodial killings from 2002 to 2009. A report by International Federation for Human Rights and JKCCS states that between January 2008 and December 2018, 107 official probes were ordered by the Jammu & Kashmir government.

“All of these families are waiting for justice. Due to legal, political and moral impunity enjoyed by the armed forces, there have been zero prosecutions in hundreds of cases of human rights violations here,” said Khurram Pervez, JKCCS convenor.

No Hope Of Justice

Before Irfan’s, Rizwan Pandith, a young principal of a private school in Pulwama district, was the last person to die in police custody in J&K in May 2019.

The too, the police had claimed that Rizwan had died ‘while trying to escape’ from custody. After launching a magisterial probe, the police booked Rizwan for attempting to flee.

“If suspects flee police custody, the blame also falls on the erring cops accompanying them. In such situations, the normal course of law would be to also charge the cops for dereliction of duty. But in Kashmir, the victims are booked for getting themselves victimised,” said another human rights defender, who didn’t want to be named.

The findings of the probe into Rizwan’s death have not been revealed publicly. Irfan’s family too doesn’t expect much out of the official probe.

“I don’t expect any justice from the people and the system involved in the cold blooded murder of my brother,” said Waheed. “Our God will punish them for their crimes.”

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/...robe-militancy

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cent...rom=home-india

"2G Enough For E-Learning": Centre Defends Throttled Internet In Kashmir

New Delhi: Internet restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir are in the interest of sovereignty and integrity of India, the central government told parliament on Sunday, adding that the throttled speeds are enough for digital education and public health services especially critical amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    "The internet services are already available in Kashmir on fixed line and that too without any speed restrictions as well as 2G speed mobile data services are also operational since 24th January 2020. Restrictions on accessing social media sites have also been lifted from March onwards," Minister of State for Home GK Reddy informed Lok Sabha in a written reply.

"The 2G mobile internet speed is not an impediment in Covid control measures including dissemination of information to general public as well as health workers. E-learning apps and education and e-learning websites of the government are accessible over 2G internet for downloading e-books and other study material," he said.

He also added that high-speed 4G mobile data services have started in Ganderbal and Udhampur districts of the state where the government imposed a crippling communication blockade last year as it revoked Jammu and Kashmir's special status and divided it into two union territories.

Mobile internet services remain throttled in most of Jammu and Kashmir to very slow speeds to stop the spread of misinformation and terrorists from abusing the networks, the administration says. The restrictions have cost hundreds of thousands of jobs and crores in losses to the economy, critics say.

In another reply, the Home Minister also set said that even though no leader is under house arrest in Jammu and Kashmir, but 223 persons are under "preventive detention".

"At present there are no restrictions on movement but for security advisories to maintain the law and order situation and no person is under house arrest in JK for reasons not related to public health guidelines," Me Reddy said.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I challenge these bigots to provide same 2G connectivity in rest of India and they'll know what that means!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Good to know, ki, sori chu theek pathe....

Chu chuk kashir rozan ki nebar...

Lockdown manz meliv mai aakh kashur yeti, su aus Delhi rozan....
    Be chus srinagar winkes. Che kati?
    Lockdownas manz ti oasus be kasheeri manzi. Yim lagin saani balaai. Tafreeke tulukh wallah.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    I challenge these bigots to provide same 2G connectivity in rest of India and they'll know what that means!
    I cant even access PP easily. When evenings arrive, the network dies. Even a google search becomes difficult. In mornings and during day it works better but obviously still slow.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant even access PP easily. When evenings arrive, the network dies. Even a google search becomes difficult. In mornings and during day it works better but obviously still slow.
    I can understand your plight. Internet is as big a necessity these days as roti, kapda or makaan probably. To deny it deliberately to a large populace is inhumane.

But as per powers that be, Kashmiris use internet to surf porn and hence they don't need high speed high internet connectivity.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I can understand your plight. Internet is as big a necessity these days as roti, kapda or makaan probably. To deny it deliberately to a large populace is inhumane.

But as per powers that be, Kashmiris use internet to surf porn and hence they don't need high speed high internet connectivity.
    Yes, I've heard that one. Apparently that's all we do all day long.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be chus srinagar winkes. Che kati?
    Lockdownas manz ti oasus be kasheeri manzi. Yim lagin saani balaai. Tafreeke tulukh wallah.
    Ha ha...

Bu oasus Delhi manz, wany aas Bombay... Yeti chu Tchopare corona....

Lookh chi dalemat, dapaan gachin corona, aise wachiv kya gatche.... Bu ti gaos yehind pathe Pagal...

Waise chu mai wany poora india hi basan hilith, lachebadh moodhe, magar tv walay chi lagimat sushant aas balay...

Anyway, baey waan chi keh

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Ha ha...

Bu oasus Delhi manz, wany aas Bombay... Yeti chu Tchopare corona....

Lookh chi dalemat, dapaan gachin corona, aise wachiv kya gatche.... Bu ti gaos yehind pathe Pagal...

Waise chu mai wany poora india hi basan hilith, lachebadh moodhe, magar tv walay chi lagimat sushant aas balay...

Anyway, baey waan chi keh
    Senukh balaai.
    Bhas jenab. Khuda saeb thaynai sehat. Dua aeszi karaan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pure hypocrites, no other way to describe them.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A large boom was heard in Srinagar and Gandarbal districts of Kashmir about an hour ago. Buildings shook too and we thought it was a massive earthquake.

Some reports came out saying it was an air blast done by IAF but now the met department suddenly after an hour decided to wake up and say it was an earthquake with the epicenter in Srinagar. Fishy?? How long does it generally take them to declare it am earthquake? What was the loud sound just prior to the "earthquake"?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    A large boom was heard in Srinagar and Gandarbal districts of Kashmir about an hour ago. Buildings shook too and we thought it was a massive earthquake.

Some reports came out saying it was an air blast done by IAF but now the met department suddenly after an hour decided to wake up and say it was an earthquake with the epicenter in Srinagar. Fishy?? How long does it generally take them to declare it am earthquake? What was the loud sound just prior to the "earthquake"?
    Sonic boom, perhaps?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't even say check internet to see what's the official news as the official news will just be propaganda and even more lies

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonic boom, perhaps?
    Don't think a sonic boom is strong enough to shake buildings?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sonic boom, perhaps?
    Could be. It happened again but this time was milder than the 1st one and once again it was preceded by a loud sound. Why do they want us to believe it was an earthquake? A localized earthquake which mostly hits Srinagar and some parts of Gandarbal with other areas not affected? This is unheard of. Something is definitely up.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msaaim89 View Post
    Don't think a sonic boom is strong enough to shake buildings?
    Could be. It happened again but this time was milder than the 1st one and once again it was preceded by a loud sound. Why do they want us to believe it was an earthquake? A localized earthquake which mostly hits Srinagar and some parts of Gandarbal with other areas not affected? This is unheard of. Something is definitely up.
    Maybe one of their precious Rafales broke past the sound barrier and ended up in an alternate dimension. The earthquakes are it’s attempts to find a way back.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    People in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) felt tremors on Tuesday reported to be after a earthquake hit the region. Meanwhile, reports are also surfacing that the tremors were felt by the people after a loud blast or explosion may be a sonic boom. However, the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) reported that tremors were felt in Srinagar.

A District Magistrate-Development Commissioner, Srinagar, Shahid Choudhary took to Twitter and said "this was scary. Hope everyone is safe. #EARTHQUAKE"

Choudhary further said, The "earthquake like situation" confirmed by seismologists is an actual earthquake of magnitude 3.6. Epicentre close to us."

Also, National Center for Seismology (NCS) has officially confirmed it was an earthquake with the magnitude of 3.6.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...rinagar-651422

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Maybe one of their precious Rafales broke past the sound barrier and ended up in an alternate dimension. The earthquakes are it’s attempts to find a way back.
    in that case i hope it finds its way back quickly because the tremors are scary.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    People in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) felt tremors on Tuesday reported to be after a earthquake hit the region. Meanwhile, reports are also surfacing that the tremors were felt by the people after a loud blast or explosion may be a sonic boom. However, the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) reported that tremors were felt in Srinagar.

A District Magistrate-Development Commissioner, Srinagar, Shahid Choudhary took to Twitter and said "this was scary. Hope everyone is safe. #EARTHQUAKE"

Choudhary further said, The "earthquake like situation" confirmed by seismologists is an actual earthquake of magnitude 3.6. Epicentre close to us."

Also, National Center for Seismology (NCS) has officially confirmed it was an earthquake with the magnitude of 3.6.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...rinagar-651422
    I understand that it is recorded but the thing is that such small magnitude earthquakes are recorded every day and on some days many times during the day. The seismology websites show them every day but nobody feels them because of low intensity. Today we feel that there is something fishy.

About what happened today, only the ones who felt it and heard the loud sound would understand why it didnt feel like an earthquake. Mind you we live in an earthquake zone 5 and we aren't strangers to earthquake. And we in Kashmir suspect everything now anyway.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that it is recorded but the thing is that such small magnitude earthquakes are recorded every day and on some days many times during the day. The seismology websites show them every day but nobody feels them because of low intensity. Today we feel that there is something fishy.

About what happened today, only the ones who felt it and heard the loud sound would understand why it didnt feel like an earthquake. Mind you we live in an earthquake zone 5 and we aren't strangers to earthquake. And we in Kashmir suspect everything now anyway.
    Fair point. Size 3 in the UK appears to be a non-issue although some do like exaggerate - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-54248281 Leighton Buzzard hit by two earthquakes in one day

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msaaim89 View Post
    Fair point. Size 3 in the UK appears to be a non-issue although some do like exaggerate - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-54248281 Leighton Buzzard hit by two earthquakes in one day
    True.
    Anyway, there was a lot of movement in the air last night and it is continuing even today.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True.
    Anyway, there was a lot of movement in the air last night and it is continuing even today.
    Must be preparations, any clashes would be out by now.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Anti-India clashes erupted in the main city in Indian-controlled Kashmir following the killing of two suspected rebels in a gunfight with government forces.

Police and paramilitary soldiers on a tip launched a counter-insurgency operation in a neighbourhood in Srinagar overnight, leading to an exchange of gunfire between trapped rebels and troops early Monday, police said in a statement.

Two suspected fighters were killed in the gun battle, police said. Residents said troops set a civilian house on fire during the fighting.

Police said one of the dead was a Pakistani insurgent who had been operating in the region since earlier this year and was responsible for at least two deadly attacks on paramilitary soldiers in Srinagar.

There was no independent confirmation of the police claim.

As the fighting ended, scores of people, chanting slogans such as “Go India, go back” and “We want freedom,” threw stones at government forces. Troops retaliated by firing tear gas and shotgun pellets. No one was immediately reported injured in the clashes.

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan, which both claim the region in its entirety. Most Kashmiris support the rebel goal of uniting the territory, either under Pakistani rule or as an independent country.

India calls the Kashmir unrest “Pakistan-sponsored terrorism”. Pakistan denies the accusation and most Kashmiris call it a legitimate freedom struggle.

Tens of thousands of civilians, rebels and government forces have been killed in the conflict.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...els-in-kashmir

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The government in Indian-administered Kashmir has extended its ban on high-speed internet in 18 of 20 districts of the disputed region until November 12.

In an order issued on Wednesday evening, the administration in the federal territory said the restrictions on high-speed internet were “felt absolutely necessary in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India”.

High-speed internet in the Himalayan region had been cut off since last August, when India revoked the semi-autonomous status of the Jammu and Kashmir state, divided it into two federally ruled territories and imposed a complete lockdown and communications blackout.

The order said security agencies “apprehended that anti-national elements might misuse” high-speed connections “for carrying out activities inimical to the public order besides persuading the youths to join militancy”.

Although some of the communications restrictions have been removed and the internet on fixed lines restored, mobile internet speed in most of the region remains painstakingly slow.

Digital rights activists have consistently denounced the internet restrictions, with some calling them “far worse censorship than anywhere in the world”.

In August, the Jammu-Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCCS), a prominent rights group in Indian-administered Kashmir, called the communications blackout a “collective punishment” against the Kashmiris and urged the international community to question New Delhi over the “digital apartheid”.

Several human rights groups, including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have repeatedly urged India to restore full internet access in the disputed region, with the calls gaining steam amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The conflict in Indian-administered Kashmir has existed since the late 1940s when India and Pakistan won independence from the British rule and began fighting over rival claims to the Muslim-majority territory.

The two rivals, who claim the Kashmir territory in full but administer parts of it, have fought two of their three wars over the Himalayan region.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2...mpression=true

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i am happy with my 2g don't need their 4g they can keep That in their *** at least i am able to watch unlimited Netflix ��my pack never drains out because of 2g its actually their loss but they don't realize it

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Still no 4G?

Feel for Kashmiris.

Great plan by Modi lol.

Any timeline on when this supposed Vikas going to be?

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is vikas

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    What is vikas
    Improvement.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    What is vikas
    Something which was being sold to gullible Indian electorate 6 years back and they fell for it. We've not stopped imploding ever since.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Dr Arif Alvi on Saturday urged the United Nations to exercise its authority and implement the Security Council resolutions in occupied Kashmir.

The president and the premier issued separate statements for United Nations Day which marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter. This year marks the 75th anniversary of the UN and its founding Charter.

PM Imran said that the day was another somber reminder that the Jammu and Kashmir dispute remains unresolved, despite being on the UN's agenda for over seven decades.

He highlighted that the situation in the occupied valley had been exacerbated by India's unilateral and unlawful actions in August 2019.

"Led by the ‘Hindutva’ ideology, the RSS-BJP regime has continued an inhuman military siege and imposed draconian restrictions on freedom of movement and communications," he said.

"I urge the international community, especially the Security Council, to exercise its moral, legal, political and diplomatic authority to implement UNSC resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir."

In his statement, the premier also touched on Pakistan's participation in UN Peacekeeping Missions.

"Pakistan has played a critical role in preserving international peace and security through its contribution of ‘blue helmets’ to the UN Peacekeeping Missions all around the world.

"At this historic occasion, I want to pay tribute to all men and women peacekeepers, including from Pakistan, who remain ready to serve in the most fragile and conflict-ridden areas and never hesitate to make the ultimate sacrifice for maintaining peace and security around the globe."

PM Imran also observed that the UN faced many challenges amid the pandemic as the rise of ultra-nationalist, populist, xenophobic and Islamophobic tendencies was being witnessed. "At the same time, international law and agreements are being flouted or set aside and trade barriers are being imposed while the pandemic is being politicised."

He added that Pakistan remained committed to supporting the UN in realising the shared objectives of maintaining international peace and security, economic and social development, and promoting and protecting human rights for all.

"I also reaffirm Pakistan’s abiding commitment to multilateralism. Pakistan will continue to play a leading role in UN for the peaceful settlement of international disputes and for developing friendly relations among nations based on the principle of equal rights and self-determination as enshrined in the UN Charter,” he concluded.

In a separate statement, President Alvi said that the Security Council should put pressure on the Indian government to ends its oppression in occupied Kashmir. "The UN should have the military siege and restrictions on communications and peaceful protests in the occupied territory lifted," he said, according to Radio Pakistan.

The president added that the world body should declare null and void the new domicile laws introduced in the occupied valley which are an attempt to change its demographic structure as well as the unilateral steps taken last year in August.

He said a Commission of Inquiry should be constituted to investigate blatant human rights violations in Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the report said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1586781/on...ons-on-kashmir

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Srinagar , J&k
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now anyone can buy land in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh as Centre notifies land law
    Anyone can now buy land in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh as the Government of India has notified land laws. However, agricultural land is not available for buying.

In a release, the ministry of home affairs has said that the order will be called the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Adaptation of Central Laws) Third Order, 2020.

The order comes into force with immediate effect. The General Clauses Act, 1897 applies for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for interpretation of laws in force in the territory of India, the order stated, reported Times Now.

https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/...-land-law/?amp

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday carried out raids at several locations, including the offices and residences of human rights activists and journalists in Indian-administered Kashmir, triggering outrage in the Muslim-majority region.

The raids come a day after India’s Hindu nationalist government enacted a series of new laws – and amended some – allowing any of its nationals to buy land in the disputed region. New Delhi has changed several laws governing Kashmir since August 2019 when it stripped the region’s limited autonomy.

The office of local English daily Greater Kashmir was among the premises searched by officials in connection with, what the NIA said was, an investigation into funding for “secessionist and separatist activities”.

In a statement, an NIA spokesman said those whose premises have been searched include “residence and office of Khurram Parvez (co-ordinator of Jammu and Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society or JKCCS), his associates Parvez Ahmad Bukhari, Parvez Ahmad Matta and Bengaluru-based associate Swati Sheshadri; Ms. Parveena Ahanger, Chairperson of Association of Parents of Disappeared Persons (APDPK) and offices of NGO Athrout and Greater Kashmir Trust”.

The statement said, “Several incriminating documents and electronic devices have been seized. Further investigation in the case is continued.”

The APDP and the JKCCS are the two prominent local human rights groups which have been vocal about the rights abuses in the region. The JKCCS published a detailed report on the rights abuses and communications blockade in Kashmir in the wake of the abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019. Article 370 of India’s constitution granted a measure of autonomy to the region, which included a ban on outsiders from buying land in Kashmir.

‘Vicious crackdown’
    The crackdown has triggered outrage in the region, with the regional Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president and former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti condemning the raids.

“The NIA raids on human rights activist Parvez and the Greater Kashmir office in Srinagar is yet another example of the Government of India’s vicious crackdown on freedom of expression and dissent. Sadly, the NIA has become BJP’s pet agency to intimidate and browbeat those who refuse to fall in line,” Mufti tweeted.

Anuradha Bhasin, the editor of local daily Kashmir Times, whose office and residence were sealed by the authorities earlier this month, termed the raids as “attempts to impose silence even on our whispers”.

“This comes a day after the disempowering land laws. Can this be just a coincidence?” she tweeted referring to the land laws that have drawn widespread criticism from Kashmiris who see it as a move to bring about demographic change in India’s only Muslim-majority region.

A human rights activist based in Kashmir who did not want to be identified told Al Jazeera that the raids are a part of the government’s plan “to silence people entirely”.

“It is very open, they are targeting people who speak out against New Delhi’s policies. Social media users in Kashmir who were vocal about the issues were the first to be silenced. They [Indian officials] use this reason for funds and money because they cannot tell the human rights groups, individuals or journalists directly to stop their work. This is the state’s tactic to silence,” he said, adding that these raids have created a fear among them.

A journalist working with the Greater Kashmir, the largest circulated English daily in the region, told Turkey’s Anadolu Agency on the condition of anonymity that NIA officials called the owner, editor-in-chief, general manager and the head of the human resources department to the newspaper’s office in Srinagar.

The officials had questioned the owner, Fayaz Kaloo, in June 2019 at its headquarters in New Delhi for several days.

The NIA has already been investigating a “terrorism” funding case in which several pro-freedom leaders have been jailed. It was not clear whether Wednesday’s raids are related to the earlier case.

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan, with both claiming the region in its entirety. Most Kashmiris support the rebel goal of independence or to merge with Pakistan.

India calls the Kashmir unrest “Pakistan-sponsored terrorism”. Pakistan denies the accusation and most Kashmiris call it a legitimate freedom struggle.

Tens of thousands of civilians, rebels and government forces have been killed in the armed rebellion that erupted in 1989.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...ons-in-kashmir