Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I am hopeful of producing 5-6 players for the national team" : U19 Head Coach Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed media talk after being appointed as U19 head coach:

"I'd like to thank PCB for trusting me with this responsibility"

"My short-term goals are to mentally and physically strengthen our U19 players who are the future of Pakistan cricket. Their skills such as batting, fielding etc. need to be improved"

"These are the players who will go on to play for Pakistan in future. I need to teach them discipline, we will have zero tolerance on this. Whenever I've worked with teams before whether it's U19 or A team, 9 years I've worked since 2008, players have come through to the Pakistan team who are now playing for the national team. Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Imad Wasim etc. are all players who I've given to Pakistan and I'm thankful that they came through during my handling of the U19 sides. I am very pleased when they perform"

"I will make sure that the trust that PCB has given me is fulfilled. My main target is to identify those players who can play for Pakistan in future, for a long time. I pray that I am successful in that. This is the time to pay back. I was myself a product of U19 cricket and I've been through that, so I understand the psyche of the young players. I want to enable them to be disciplined when they play for Pakistan, with good fitness and they should be mentally strong"

"I like identifying players who can do well for Pakistan in future, this is why I want to work with the U19 team. The thrill of making a product has it's own allure and I wish to do that once again, as I have done previously. Hopefully, I will do it again and fulfil my responsibility"

"I have done no negotiations with PCB about this, I'm sure PCB will take care of this and give me a handsome amount which will help me to survive. I haven't come here for money, I am here for the thrill and the passion for this work. I have a dream of providing players for Pakistan as I have done before. I'm sure the package will be good but I had no discussion or negotiation about this"

"I will go for the U19 games and look to identify the talent. I will also request PCB to send me for the U16s so I can see the players there as well. At the U19 tournament, I need to assess the players' strengths and weaknesses. Often at this level, players make a nice 25 or 30 but then play poor shots and get out so they need to learn the art of building innings as we used to do in the past. When big players like Javed Miandad passed 25, you would relax and sit back because you knew it's tough to get them out"

"My contract is for 3 years and in those 3 years, I am hopeful of producing 5-6 such players for the national team, which fulfils my responsibility. I can only justify my job if I provide players for Pakistan"

"The selection committee has Saleem Jaffar and his team, I have a good understanding with them as I played cricket with him and he has been on A tours with me too. I will point out to them which players can represent Pakistan in future"

"Everything works according to the understanding of the head coach and selector, both should take responsibility"

"I have done coaching for 9 years and have delivered. I was with the Pakistan team and have gone on big tours with the A team, Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali are products who came from my A team. Below that, Babar Azam, Umar Amin, Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal are all players I've given from the U19s. My CV had this plus point that I've done work with PCB here for 9 years. I've followed the code of conduct and I have good relations with PCB and I'm confident of doing well"

"I have good experience of playing in Australia, NZ, SA conditions and I think I'm the first Pakistani to score so many hundreds against Australia in Australia. I need to transfer my knowledge to the U19 players so that they don't have problems in these places in future. In subcontinent, we know how to play but we struggle when we go to these countries where there are bouncy tracks. In subcontinent, we have low bounce pitches"

"I believe in players who can switch over from format to format and adapt to situations. I'll give the example of Warner. You can see how he plays and adapts to all the formats, this is all about the mind. The players need to be mentally strong and have game awareness which is generally lacking at U19 level"

"I have been one of the best fielders, fielding and batting are my departments. I have asked for help in the bowling department from the PCB. When we went on tours in the past, I had a bowling coach alongside me"

"Fielding is related to fitness. It's also about an attitude. You should have the correct attitude. If I get out cheaply, that doesn't mean the match is wasted. In fielding, I need to effect a good run out or take a good catch to help the bowlers. Like bowlers give breakthroughs, fielders can also. When you take a good catch or effect a run out, it lifts the morale of the team and the team spirit goes up so I need to teach the players about all these things, as I have done in the past"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to Ijaz's work with U19 - the proof will be in the results but like the seniors, the selection committee for U19s also need to do a better job in providing him with good quality players.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saqi would have been a better choice. .... but lets give Ijaz 6months to see what he can deliver.. with Asia cup and PSL coming up, u-19 will be coming in lime light .. so results shld be visible if ijaz does his job

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how he can improve this u19 pak teams performance
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 3.39.44 AM.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  19.9 KB

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    big claims from ijaz 5-6 international players is a lot.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he saying the same thing again after 78 all out? Pathetic coach.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Pathetic coach! Only after one match and that too within 10 days of appointment, way too harsh.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Shekhar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    Pathetic coach! Only after one match and that too within 10 days of appointment, way too harsh.
    He isn't in charge yet... takes over after Asia Cup.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why did the PCB refuse to offer Younis Khan Rs 1.5 million a month but agreed to offer Misbah Rs 3.2 million a month for a bigger role?

Absolutely ridiculous and something that definitely warrants an investigation

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if dr nouman ijaz claims are true about younis unsuccessful deal contract with pcb then this is totally wrong and unacceptable
    If they can afford misbah at such a high salary they could have negotiated with younis who can be very good u19 coach 😡😡😡😡

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Why did the PCB refuse to offer Younis Khan Rs 1.5 million a month but agreed to offer Misbah Rs 3.2 million a month for a bigger role?

Absolutely ridiculous and something that definitely warrants an investigation
    Because PCB is the same, it has got the same people. Brand new suit(Wasim Khan) won't change how PCB functions

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haroon Rasheed was director of domestic cricket, he was responsible for all the mess in recent years. He will implement and monitor the new system

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi's views on U19 coaching:

"I believe that the likes of Misbah, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Akhtar, Younis Khan, Abdul Razzaq, these are big names who should be used at U19 level. Like India has done with Rahul Dravid where he is the U19 head coach. The real talent comes from U19s so when these type of players share their experience with U19s then it teaches them a lot. I don't think national team coaching is a very difficult job, the main point is to motivate players and to make them deliver"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter