Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,569
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    "The best quality about Misbah-ul-Haq was he had a great ability to read the game" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

    Pakistan players on Misbah's appointment as Head Coach:

    Sarfaraz Ahmed

    "I played cricket under Misbah for 3 years including Tests and ODIs; He was obviously a good captain and the best thing about him was that he could read the game well"

    "Especially in Test cricket as during that time we won quite a few Test matches in 2014-2017 and in that period we also became number one in Tests also"

    "During that time we won Tests that we could have lost"


    Yasir Shah

    "During the last Test against West Indies, I gave Misbah Bhai tea, he said I dont need that, I want you to get some players out"


    Usman Khan Shinwari

    "[When training] when we started to fall over [due to tiredness] Misbah Bhai would start running faster so we would feel ashamed; He used to give us that push which came from the fact that our 40+ commander is running so we should also run as we are youngsters"


    Fakhar Zaman

    "Misbah bhai is a very calm person and he does give a lot of advice; the biggest positive is that he has just retired and he has a good idea of what modern-day cricket is all about"


    Wahab Riaz


    "Misbah Bhai would be standing next to me at mid-on and he would be reading the batsman way better than what I was doing" : Wahab Riaz

    "I would ask him what to do and he would tell me things like bowl him a bouncer or a slow bouncer or yorker"

    "His cricketing mind is superb and he had a huge hand to play in my success in the 2015 World Cup"


    Shan Masood

    "Sharing the dressing room with him was a big thing in itself"

    "When you have Misbah and Younis Khan in the dressing room, then that is like a childhood dream come true for a person as you are playing alongside your idols"


    Mohammad Amir

    "I have always believed that a calm personality can always manage matters in a better way, and this is a quality which is at its best in Misbah Bhai"
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th September 2019 at 22:45.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,363
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good vibes.

    Misbah resonates well with team. Looking forward to improvement!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,423
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Good vibes.

    Misbah resonates well with team. Looking forward to improvement!
    Yes the improvement is that Rahat is back and Azhar ali etc can come back to odi's.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol at the buttering and bhai bhai culture. This was expected when your head coach is also the chief selector?

    In the event if your captain or fellow player disagrees with the coach, will his career be terminated because the Head Coach also happens to be the chief selector?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,506
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Yes the improvement is that Rahat is back and Azhar ali etc can come back to odi's.

    And if they are not picked for odis would you apologise for your words .

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,423
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    And if they are not picked for odis would you apologise for your words .
    I don't care if they are picked or not calling Rahat to the camp is criminal. Azhar should have been kicked out along with Asad both have been rubbish for some time. While Azhar just about averaged 20 for somerset lol.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,506
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I don't care if they are picked or not calling Rahat to the camp is criminal. Azhar should have been kicked out along with Asad both have been rubbish for some time. While Azhar just about averaged 20 for somerset lol.
    Talk about running away from orginal post
    Good try .
    Did i say i support azhar ,rahat ali inclusion in pakistan limited over cricket?What make you think they will be picked for odis .When one of them have retired gracefully .Atleast wait till the opportunity arise for you to jump the bandwagon .

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,021
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will wait for misbahs changes and selection of teams before making any call.. I expect him to bring one Azhar or Asad into the ODIs for experience in place of Malik and Hafeez...

    He might even name Hafeez as LOI captain....lets see..

    So far he has called in Rahat, Asif ali , Bilal asif and Ifthikar ahmed who were all failed in the international arena as it doesnt suit their domestic style of play...

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,593
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quotes posted from players in Post#1


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,992
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Lol at the buttering and bhai bhai culture. This was expected when your head coach is also the chief selector?

    In the event if your captain or fellow player disagrees with the coach, will his career be terminated because the Head Coach also happens to be the chief selector?
    That;s typical Pakistani culture, but its pays off. Now Srafraz who should be sacked from the team for any format, will be back with his buttering of "Misbah Bhai". Even Riaz , who generally is a very straight forward man, calling him "Misbah Bhai".

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,892
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    Mohammad Amir

    "I have always believed that a calm personality can always manage matters in a better way, and this is a quality which is at its best in Misbah Bhai"
    Definitely an upgrade over an overemotional personality like Mickey Arther as Amir has hinted.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,933
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yeah and you clearly haven't learned anything. When will you be taken to task ?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Definitely an upgrade over an overemotional personality like Mickey Arther as Amir has hinted.
    Unfortunately Mickey Arthur being a colossal screw up has now resulted in Misbah becoming our coach

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,257
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Unfortunately Mickey Arthur being a colossal screw up has now resulted in Misbah becoming our coach
    So if you had to choose between Mickey and Misbah, who would you go for?

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,892
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Unfortunately Mickey Arthur being a colossal screw up has now resulted in Misbah becoming our coach
    True, Mickey's deeds have definitely effected PCB to make some blunt and bold calls which we can only hope turn out to be atleast better than the last two years of team struggles.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    5,309
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Definitely an upgrade over an overemotional personality like Mickey Arther as Amir has hinted.
    a dig at Sarfaraz I think .


    you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,892
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    a dig at Sarfaraz I think .
    Yes definitely can be. It was not very heartening even for the fans watching Sarfaraz getting emotional outburst's on the field while Mickey throwing his hats, grinding his teeth and openly displaying his disappointments in all sorts of form from the dressing room, so I cant believe what kind of experience that must be for the players playing international cricket which already has enough pressure of its own.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's not a dig at Mickey but om Sarfaraz on field leadership skills. My my., think sarfaraz maybe ditched off the test and odi captaincy.. hafeez is in line folks ..

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    So if you had to choose between Mickey and Misbah, who would you go for?
    One thing I am definitive about Mickey Arthur had his shot, he failed to even convince the PCB Cricket Committee. Under his watch we lost 15 ODI's in a row. Wahab Riaz had to be recalled for the WC outside the squad of 30 and it turned out to be a great selection. Mickey Arthur's backing of Faheem Ashraf failed. We all saw his screw up's in refusing to play 2 plus spinners in UAE. Under Arthur we were blown away by NZ, Australia, South Africa at home and had also lost in our home conditions. Take out the CT he has nothing to speak off.

    Wasim Khan apparently grilled him in the PCB Cricket Committee about him talking a lot about modern fitness standards but why did the WC team have so many out of shape players? Why were injured players selected? Mickey had no answers.

    Also according to a journalist Mickey had some very serious fights with the team in the dressing room in which he used very unparliamentary language against the players. In fact they were aware of the fact he got divorced from his wife and the divorce actually contributed massively to one of his big fights with the team.

    The PCB Cricket Committee did not decide to not renew his contract without any reason. I still support the PCB's decision to let him go, even if it has resulted in Misbah becoming the new czar.

    That being said, if the PCB decided to do away with Mickey Arthur, Inzamam then it was only fair that they sack Sarfaraz as well

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,432
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah was one of the best things that happened to PAK cricket from 2007 - 2015.

    Now,

    He'll take us out of the dark era of Mickey Arthur, where we got humiliated everywhere, full of losses, even at home we kept losing Tests.

    Wonderful days ahead for PAK cricket. Players have a massive respect for the man, his integrity, fitness, cricketing and leadership skills. People who actually play cricket realize he's got the best cricketing brain in the country.

    When you have this good chemistry with the players, plus command respect and authority, the team will eventually yield good results.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,569
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Misbah was one of the best things that happened to PAK cricket from 2007 - 2015.

    Now,

    He'll take us out of the dark era of Mickey Arthur, where we got humiliated everywhere, full of losses, even at home we kept losing Tests.

    Wonderful days ahead for PAK cricket. Players have a massive respect for the man, his integrity, fitness, cricketing and leadership skills. People who actually play cricket realize he's got the best cricketing brain in the country.

    When you have this good chemistry with the players, plus command respect and authority, the team will eventually yield good results.
    Why are your posts always so hyperbolic, one way or the other

    "Dark era"

    "Wonderful days"

    Hold your horses....


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,432
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Why are your posts always so hyperbolic, one way or the other

    "Dark era"

    "Wonderful days"

    Hold your horses....
    Gotta counteract all the negativity and hatred by some quarters.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,229
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=h-LJdIKbXE0

    Sarfraz is looking so fit. Misbah has already more than Mickey

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    5,494
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=h-LJdIKbXE0

    Sarfraz is looking so fit. Misbah has already more than Mickey
    Sarfraz, wow.


    Well done skipper!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,892
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=h-LJdIKbXE0

    Sarfraz is looking so fit. Misbah has already more than Mickey
    Wow. Some players already looking much more leaner and fitter than before.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    5,494
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Wow. Some players already looking much more leaner and fitter than before.
    Seeing Sarfraz fit is so refreshing to see.

    Iím shocked.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,257
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Why are your posts always so hyperbolic, one way or the other

    "Dark era"

    "Wonderful days"

    Hold your horses....
    Well said.

    If there was a competition for who could lead the darkest era for Pakistan cricket, Misbah would win with distinction. @Hawkeye shooting himself in the foot as usual.

    "Dark" Mickey Arthur era

    Won Pakistan the 2017 CT held in England.

    In the WC, Pakistan beat 4 of the top 8 ranked sides (out of 6), including two semi-finalists, who both went on to reach the final. Overall, Pakistan marginally missed out on the Semis on NRR.

    Misbah's era

    In the 2013 CT (also held in England), Misbah's side crashed out of the group stage losing every game.

    In the 2015 WC, under Misbah Pakistan could only muster one win against a top eight ranked ODI side. The other three wins in the tournament came against Ireland, Zimbabwe and UAE, who are all minnows!

    To top this off, Misbah's ODI team ended up sliding down to 9th, shortly after the WC. This is important to highlight because Pakistan barely qualified for the CT.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,707
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Incredible how Sarfraz has survived the axe (so far). A complete mockery of accountability.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    486
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Incredible how Sarfraz has survived the axe (so far). A complete mockery of accountability.
    I'm sure he will be sacked soon. Probably once domestic season starts, we can see who the best captains are out of Babar/Haris/Rizwan etc. And that person will be the new captain. (Babar probably)

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,483
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Ability to read the game?" Haha. That's exactly the thing Misbah doesn't have.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,234
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=h-LJdIKbXE0

    Sarfraz is looking so fit. Misbah has already more than Mickey
    Sarfaraz has been in this shape before and lost it after a month. Now that his spot and captaincy is on the line, he's got no choice. Don't act like Mickey didn't whip majority of the team into shape.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,234
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    "Ability to read the game?" Haha. That's exactly the thing Misbah doesn't have.
    Gotta earn them points.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Read the game beautifully in Mohali.

    Reads the game beautifully by scoring pointless half centuries at a strike rate of 60-70 and remains not out, team jaye bhaar main

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,021
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Misbah was one of the best things that happened to PAK cricket from 2007 - 2015.

    Now,

    He'll take us out of the dark era of Mickey Arthur, where we got humiliated everywhere, full of losses, even at home we kept losing Tests.

    Wonderful days ahead for PAK cricket. Players have a massive respect for the man, his integrity, fitness, cricketing and leadership skills. People who actually play cricket realize he's got the best cricketing brain in the country.

    When you have this good chemistry with the players, plus command respect and authority, the team will eventually yield good results.
    If I remember correctly Misbah achieved heights as a test captain for which his game and thinking suits but failed as an LOI captain where u need to think and act fast. Similar type of leader Azhar failed, but I’m sure he would have succeeded as test captain which was never tried and instead given to big mouth Sarfraz who has zero patience and calmness.

    At an early stage Dave wanted hafeez to be the ODI captain when Misbah was the captain himself which is a good thought that Hafeez is a better ODI captain but Misbah with his selfishness wanted to be the CWC captain and achieved it. There was a race between Misbah and Afridi to captain the CWC which made things ugly, I hope that race is put to bed in the future because Misbah and Waqar are the men cultivated that.

    If Misbah appoints Hafeez as Odi captain now he would not leave the team until he captains the team in 2023 CWC.


    If Misbah can be different now as supposed how he was during captain days, then it will be benefit I guess. If not then the man who failed to take the team upwards as captain will now fail as a coach cum selector with the same bunch.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,021
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Read the game beautifully in Mohali.

    Reads the game beautifully by scoring pointless half centuries at a strike rate of 60-70 and remains not out, team jaye bhaar main

    He was a disaster to have when u chase. Malik showed how it is done in number of matches just after Misbah is gone during 2016-17. U need players who can chase the score like Kohli, dhoni, and to the least as Malik level not as Misbah.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,890
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Incredible how Sarfraz has survived the axe (so far). A complete mockery of accountability.
    Which is why most sensible fans don't take this circus seriously. Very pathetic way to appoint Misbah coach and chief selector and sacking everyone except the mediocre captain makes you very less passionate about Pakistan cricket even for a die hard fan as me.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,890
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Sarfraz have to be the two most fake personalities in cricket I had to witness. A pair of these two leading us has to be the worst moment in our history.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,166
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    funny in the OP we have qoutes by people who have played under Misbah. And above me there are post by people who dont even know Misbah the captain and just critisize something called leadership and coaching based on ones batting.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,397
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah dragged our possibly worst world cup squad to quarter finals in WC15 with a team that had literally no spine.
    His reading of pitch and conditions esp in Tests has always been extremely good and under rated.
    The fact he never lost a series in UAE speaks of how much he knew about how to play on UAE tracks where we are going to be playing majority of our Tests.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,707
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Misbah dragged our possibly worst world cup squad to quarter finals in WC15 with a team that had literally no spine.
    His reading of pitch and conditions esp in Tests has always been extremely good and under rated.
    The fact he never lost a series in UAE speaks of how much he knew about how to play on UAE tracks where we are going to be playing majority of our Tests.
    Pakistanís format in the 2015 World Cup was a joke. They had to finish 4th among 7 teams in a group that had Ireland, Zimbabwe and UAE. Among the three other teams that qualified (India, SA and WI), Pakistan only beat SA and were thoroughly embarrassed by India and WI.

    Among the 7 matches that we played, we only produced 1 impressive performance. Yes it was a mediocre team, but not poor enough to lose to Zimbabwe, UAE and Ireland.

    Misbah was by and large a horrendous ODI captain and the team made no progress under his captaincy after 4 years.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    1,237
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future probables come out of the woodwork!

    @iamAhmadshahzad
    Congratulations @captainmisbahpk on being appointed as the head coach, chief selector& @waqyounis99 bhai as bowling coach by @TheRealPCB .

    With these strong cricketing minds,having experience up their sleeves&a vast knowledge of the sport I foresee great times ahead 4 ����cricket.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,092
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Misbah dragged our possibly worst world cup squad to quarter finals in WC15 with a team that had literally no spine.
    His reading of pitch and conditions esp in Tests has always been extremely good and under rated.
    The fact he never lost a series in UAE speaks of how much he knew about how to play on UAE tracks where we are going to be playing majority of our Tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan’s format in the 2015 World Cup was a joke. They had to finish 4th among 7 teams in a group that had Ireland, Zimbabwe and UAE. Among the three other teams that qualified (India, SA and WI), Pakistan only beat SA and were thoroughly embarrassed by India and WI.

    Among the 7 matches that we played, we only produced 1 impressive performance. Yes it was a mediocre team, but not poor enough to lose to Zimbabwe, UAE and Ireland.

    Misbah was by and large a horrendous ODI captain and the team made no progress under his captaincy after 4 years.
    Basically, he was more interested in picking his friends. Didn't matter about developing the strongest team possible. I mean how could you have played Shafiq and YK then expect to win?! To rub salt in the already glistening wounds, he then appointed Azhar Ali as captain after he departed?! A bloke he did not pick to play for the ODI side, I mean what was that all about?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,397
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Basically, he was more interested in picking his friends. Didn't matter about developing the strongest team possible. I mean how could you have played Shafiq and YK then expect to win?! To rub salt in the already glistening wounds, he then appointed Azhar Ali as captain after he departed?! A bloke he did not pick to play for the ODI side, I mean what was that all about?
    Asad Shafiq wasn't in the WC15 squad. And last time i checked, PCB chairman appointed captains for the team.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •