Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] "Selection for Pakistan is my ultimate target" : Haris Rauf

Haris Rauf impressed one and all after being plucked from relative obscurity by the Pakistan Super League side Lahore Qalandars where he enjoyed a dream debut season taking 11 wickets in 10 games.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Haris spoke about his disappointment of missing out on selection for the Pakistan squad for this yearís World Cup, his experience of working with new Pakistan Head Coach Misbah-ul-Haq and Bowling Coach Waqar Younis, his aims to represent Pakistan in the T20 World Cup 2020 and why he is impressed by the Australian pace-bowlers currently playing in the Ashes.

PakPassion.net: You must have been disappointed at not being part of the World Cup squad after good performances in the PSL?

Haris Rauf:
    Yes, I was disappointed as I was trying very hard to perform well in the PSL with an eye on selection for the World Cup so that I could represent Pakistan on a world stage. The PSL experience itself was a good one and playing under the captaincy of AB de Villiers and Mohammad Hafeez, and alongside international players was an amazing experience and gave me a lot of confidence in my abilities. Unfortunately, I was not named for Pakistanís 2019 World Cup squad, but my philosophy is never to give up and always make the most of every opportunity I get. So, I am going to continue working hard and perform well in every match I play to try and make myself noticed for Pakistan selection in the future.

PakPassion.net: You must have high hopes of representing Pakistan in the future?

Haris Rauf:
    I am ready to serve my country whenever my services are needed. I am continuing to work hard and just waiting for a chance to represent my country and that is my only goal.

PakPassion.net: These must be exciting times for Pakistan fast-bowlers as we have a few like Mohammad Hasnain who can bowl quick?

Haris Rauf:
    We have had some brilliant young fast-bowlers emerge from the PSL such as Mohammad Hasnain and Mohammad Musa and that is great news for Pakistan. We all know that pace does matter when you play at the international level and so the emergence of all of these bowlers is a positive sign for Pakistanís future and this will definitely help us win more games. There is a healthy competition between all of us fast-bowlers and thatís a good thing for Pakistan cricket. It doesnít matter who comes out first in this race to become the fastest bowler for the country as at the end of the day, it's Pakistan that will benefit from all of our efforts.

PakPassion.net: You must be excited about having Waqar Younis as bowling coach for Pakistan?

Haris Rauf:
    Waqar Younisís ability to reverse swing the ball was legendary and I also try and emulate him whenever I get an older ball to bowl with. I was extremely lucky that during my stint in the recent Emerging Players camp in Lahore which ran alongside PCBís pre-season camp for senior players, Waqar Bhai spent some time with me. Although, he was at the NCA for about two days, he still took out time to give me a lot of advice on how to use the bowling crease to my advantage and gave me tips on reverse-swing and my run-up as well. With him as our national bowling coach, Pakistanís bowling will really improve. I am hoping that if, God Willing, I become part of the national side, I will have a golden opportunity to learn more from him as there are still a lot of areas that I need to work upon and you cannot hope for a better mentor than Waqar Younis for that.

PakPassion.net: What was that experience of training at the NCA like and how did it feel to be bowling to members of the current Pakistan team?

Haris Rauf:
    That was an amazing experience and it was made more enjoyable and fruitful in the manner it was organised by Misbah-ul-Haq who was the camp commandant. There was a very well-thought-out schedule and I was called in to bowl on the central wicket where usually the best batsmen would practice their batting. In there, I got an opportunity to bowl to some top players like Azhar Ali, Abid Ali and Sarfaraz Ahmed. Bowling to such good quality batsmen also gives you a lot of confidence in your own abilities and of course, helps you learn more.

PakPassion.net: How did you find working with the new Pakistan Head Coach Misbah-ul-Haq?

Haris Rauf:
    Misbah Bhai was a great help for me and gave me a lot of tips. He would usually stand close by and would advise me on where to bowl to specific batsmen and how to change my bowling style depending on whether I was playing in a 4-day or a Limited-Overs game. He also gave me pointers about the line and length and channels in which to bowl depending on the type of cricket I was playing. So overall, I got to learn a lot of new stuff from Misbah Bhai and he even pointed out areas of improvement that I had never thought about myself.

PakPassion.net: What advantage do you see in the use of the Kookaburra ball for domestic cricket in Pakistan?

Haris Rauf:
    This is a hugely important change, and this will greatly help to ease the jump from domestic cricket to international level for our players as Pakistan use Kookaburra balls for their international home series. As for me, I have good experience with this type of ball as I used it during my stint in Australia as well as in the PSL. From my experience I can say that having this ball will be great for both batsmen and bowlers in domestic games and I am looking forward to using this when I start domestic cricket this season.

PakPassion.net: Are you now looking forward to a possible First-Class debut in the upcoming season?

Haris Rauf:
    Yes, this is an exciting time for me as I have been named in the first XI of the Northern Association side for the upcoming Quaid-e-Azam trophy. Our first game starts 14th September and given my good preparations in the emerging players camp alongside Pakistan team players, I am very confident that I will do well this season if given a chance to play. This season will be crucial for me as I feel that by doing well in it, I will get myself noticed for selection for Pakistan which is really my ultimate target.

PakPassion.net: Are you focused towards maintaining your fitness as you look forward to commitments in the upcoming season?

Haris Rauf:
    I have never compromised on my fitness and this is one aspect of my cricket that I really enjoy and am fanatical about. Due to my good fitness regime, I feel no real stress when bowling and am hoping to improve my fitness even more in the future. In the camp, Misbah-ul-Haq devoted a lot of attention to fitness and even though it was extremely hot, the presence of such a great player made it all worthwhile and gave me extra motivation to work even harder on my fitness.

PakPassion.net: What are your aims for this season?

Haris Rauf:
    Not playing in the 2019 World Cup was pretty disappointing for me but at that time I had set my next target as the T20 World Cup 2020 which I am totally committed to now. I do not want to miss selection for that tournament, and I will do what it takes to make sure I am fit and ready for selection. I have played two years ago in Australia and I know the pitches and have a good understanding of conditions in that part of the world very well so I should be able to do well in the T20 World Cup 2020, if given the chance.

PakPassion.net: Which format of cricket do you prefer to play in?

Haris Rauf:
    From my point of view, I would like to play all three formats of the game for my country. It's just a matter of what format the selectors prefer me for as I am ready to give my hundred percent in any form of the game.

PakPassion.net: Which current fast bowlers do you look up to?

Haris Rauf:
    Amongst my contemporaries, Shaheen Shah Afridi is one bowler who has really impressed me and in the PSL he and I made a good bowling pair and we both learnt a lot from each other. Of course, amongst the senior bowlers, Wahab Riaz is an example for all younger bowlers to follow. His yorkers are phenomenal and I was really hoping that during the recent camp, I could get to bowl alongside him and pick some valuable tips. Thankfully that happened and I did speak to him and watched him bowl and then put that learning into action and the effects were immediate for me. Amongst international bowlers, Dale Steyn has been my role model from the day I started to bowl and that is still the case today. The out-swing he gets from his deliveries is just incredible and I really enjoy watching that and always try and do the same when I am bowling too.

PakPassion.net: Have you been impressed by the quality of cricket in the Ashes?

Haris Rauf:
    I have to say that I really enjoy watching the Ashes as the competition is intense in these games as we have seen in the recent games in England. For me itís also important for bowlers like myself to learn from how bowlers from both sides bowl in the Ashes. The way the good bowlers set up the batsmen to take their wickets, and the skills of the bowlers are brilliant and this is also something that was pointed out to me by Mudassar Nazar during our camp.

PakPassion.net: Any bowlers that have impressed you in the Ashes?

Haris Rauf:
    During the Ashes, Pat Cummins has really impressed me with his bowling but it is no surprise that he has done so well. When I played in Australia, I trained once in the nets alongside Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc and, I watched them closely and tried to learn from them and the skills they had, such as reverse-swinging the ball, were simply amazing.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of my fav players to watch during the PSL.... would love to see him improve n join the national team ... his attitude with tht of SSA is the best within new fast bowlers

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looks great.

Pace, Swing, Accuracy

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it all. Him working with Waqar is the dream. Cannot wait to see how he progresses.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs way more domestic experience

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Has it all. Him working with Waqar is the dream. Cannot wait to see how he progresses.
    Yea his bowling style is very similar to Waqar.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything good in the interview but why would someone want to be like Wahab?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Let's see how effective he will be bowling long spells in FC cricket compared to going full tilt for 4 overs in PSL. But yes, one to watch.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So excited to see him bowl.

Glad that his role model is Dale Steyn.

Haris should work on that outswing with new ball and he will be deadly.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see how Haris,Shaheen,Musa,Hasnain and Naseem perform in the domestic matches.They all have potential to become good bowlers.Shaheen is ready now but others need more experience.If they do well in domestic cricket then they should be selected for national side

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heard from some sources he is expecting to play for Pakistan soon and cant wait so he can go and participate in these overseas T20 leagues. Wrong mind set to be honest I would rather he wants to play for Pakistan to win games for his country.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Heard from some sources he is expecting to play for Pakistan soon and cant wait so he can go and participate in these overseas T20 leagues. Wrong mind set to be honest I would rather he wants to play for Pakistan to win games for his country.
    You cant hold that against him.

However, he has said many times to us that he would love to play for Pakistan,

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    You cant hold that against him.

However, he has said many times to us that he would love to play for Pakistan,
    My sources are more local so he didnt have to be politically correct. I am not holding that against him as almost every cricketer Pakistan are producing are more loyal towards money than his country.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Love watching this guy bowl.

Wholehearted bowler with an abundance of skills.

Big season ahead for him.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup he needs to play more domestic cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Heard from some sources he is expecting to play for Pakistan soonand cant wait so he can go and participate in these overseas T20 leagues. Wrong mind set to be honest I would rather he wants to play for Pakistan to win games for his country.
    Is there a rule?

Usama Mir is playing CPL without international cricket

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Is there a rule?

Usama Mir is playing CPL without international cricket
    There are no rules but his chances will increase greatly. For me it doesnt matter too much as long as he can be an asset for Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only thing is he's already 25. If we can get 6-7 years out of him, would be great.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Ideal for T20Is and who knows, maybe ODIs after a bit more exposure in domestic cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Ideal for T20Is and who knows, maybe ODIs after a bit more exposure in domestic cricket.
    Hope he gets a chance soon or may lose interest.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets a chance soon or may lose interest.
    He doesn’t seem like the person to lose interest quickly, I guess it’s because of the amount of faith and opportunities LQ have provided him. All his interviews you can see there is that hunger and desire to play for Pakistan. Only thing with him and Salman Irshad is that LQ needs to stop setting them the target of becoming the fastest bowler, that should be secondary!

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is he doing for his domestic club?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Saw his spell with the new ball today. Gets some good shape when he pitches it in the right areas, good usage of the surprise bouncer too. Didn't overdo it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If he could get a little closer to the stumps at the point of delivery, he would be tougher to handle with the outswing. Because of the angle he's currently bowling from, the batsmen can leave a lot of deliveries.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    1 wicket for him

Haris rauf 8-1-26-1

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures courtesy of PCB

Name:  aee5defb-8879-496e-8592-bd0ce4885de1.jpg
Views: 2397
Size:  395.6 KBName:  dd30af0d-0b6c-4755-ab99-2d14bfef9595.jpg
Views: 2421
Size:  382.2 KBName:  82b40a17-42d5-4552-8ac1-4eb04e65a29d.jpg
Views: 2383
Size:  390.9 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf in Round 4 QEA : 23-3-73-3

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf in Round 4 QEA : 23-3-73-3
    Shows he can bowl long spell.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor Haris, will never get selected because Misbah is there. More chance of Rahat Ali and Umar Gul making comebacks.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf 3/73 and 2/58 against Balochistan.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    With Misbah as coach and selector, Rauf will have to wait atleast 5-7 years until he hits 30+ to be selected for the side.
    good prospect but Wahab is gonna play and Rahat wil be back in tests.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a real gem. Too bad PCB and management won't make out of his full potential.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Has along way to go before he becomes a decent international Bowler but certainly a good prospect who should be in the T20 team.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    5 wickets in a match by a pacer is like 8 wickets in previous seasons.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I have said time and time again, he is one of the most complete bowler we have. He has swing with new ball, genuine pace, best yorkers in Pakistan, reverse swing with older ball.

It was a real surprise when he wasnt selected against Aus in UAE over Hasnain.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than Hasnain. Should have been selected ahead of him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    From what I saw on Day 4, he struggles a bit with his length, specially fuller length deliveries. Bowled full tosses quite often while striving for yorkers. But he is a wicket-taking threat, no doubt. Consistency will develop as he gets more accustomed to bowling regularly with the Kookaburra. Bowled 35 overs in this match which is pretty decent.

I think he's ready with the white ball, though.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be ready to play for Pakistan at the end of the season.Long spells in these conditions will help him build up stamina.It is not easy to get wickets on these pitches.He has a good yorker and short ball but he needs to use these sensibly.He is better than Faheem.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasnain has pace but he has not many variations.He needs to play first cricket for a full season and learn to swing the ball.Otherwise he will not troublle batsmen.Hopefully Waqar can help him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    From what I saw on Day 4, he struggles a bit with his length, specially fuller length deliveries. Bowled full tosses quite often while striving for yorkers. But he is a wicket-taking threat, no doubt. Consistency will develop as he gets more accustomed to bowling regularly with the Kookaburra. Bowled 35 overs in this match which is pretty decent.

Hearing he might be on the plane to Australia for the T20s.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, he gave few full tosses in PSL against PZ as well but he still gets it right more often than not and more than that he has confidence to ball yorkers much more than any current bowler we have which can create a difference in the death overs. He gets that late tail in with reverse and when he will get it right he can be the difference between restricting a side to 150-160 or 180+ in T20s.

Also not to forget that rather than bowling yorkers outside the off stump or easy to pick slow balls which many bowlers do at the death, he targets the stumps with those yorkers and that can get wickets of those players which can make a difference at the end. As some power players in world cricket at the moment are too good to be restricted in the last 3-5 overs of a T20 match, so there is more chance of restricting them when you actually have the ability to target the stumps with decent yorkers and get them out.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    True, he gave few full tosses in PSL against PZ as well but he still gets it right more often than not and more than that he has confidence to ball yorkers much more than any current bowler we have which can create a difference in the death overs. He gets that late tail in with reverse and when he will get it right he can be the difference between restricting a side to 150-160 or 180+ in T20s.

Also not to forget that rather than bowling yorkers outside the off stump or easy to pick slow balls which many bowlers do at the death, he targets the stumps with those yorkers and that can get wickets of those players which can make a difference at the end. As some power players in world cricket at the moment are too good to be restricted in the last 3-5 overs of a T20 match, so there is more chance of restricting them when you actually have the ability to target the stumps with decent yorkers and get them out.
    I think he's more accurate with the white ball right now. Which makes sense because he has lesser experience with the red ball.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous how he hasn't been selected.

Even more baffling that he has not even been considered yet. Especially with the likes of Mohammad Musa and Mohammad Irfan being selected for T20Is.

Express fast bowlers don't grow on trees.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he hasnt been too impressive in the domestic to be honest..

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have been selected in T20s instead big giant.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some poor outings in the National T20 Cup. Struggled to pick up wickets and hasn't been able to keep the runs down either.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I'm not impressed by Rauf. His attitude is probably worse than Hasan Ali's. There were a couple of incidents in this PSL and a couple of comments he made after the PSL. He needs to get his head straight first. He is nobody at the moment and I don't think the selectors are even looking at him right now. If his attitude is bad right now, what will it be like if he makes the national team.

It's good to be aggressive, but Rauf is arrogant even though he hasn't done anything. He also brags about being able to bowl 150kph on his shirt number or twitter.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to work hard and improve his mindset. Looks like what happens to most players after performing in international cricket, it has happened to him after performing in PSL and he was even decent in Pakistan cup earlier this year. Needs to aim higher.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some poor outings in the National T20 Cup. Struggled to pick up wickets and hasn't been able to keep the runs down either.
    Mickey was right not to select him, lots of people here treat him like the next coming of waqar

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man of the match today

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    To be honest I'm not impressed by Rauf. His attitude is probably worse than Hasan Ali's. There were a couple of incidents in this PSL and a couple of comments he made after the PSL. He needs to get his head straight first. He is nobody at the moment and I don't think the selectors are even looking at him right now. If his attitude is bad right now, what will it be like if he makes the national team.

It's good to be aggressive, but Rauf is arrogant even though he hasn't done anything. He also brags about being able to bowl 150kph on his shirt number or twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Needs to work hard and improve his mindset. Looks like what happens to most players after performing in international cricket, it has happened to him after performing in PSL and he was even decent in Pakistan cup earlier this year. Needs to aim higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Mickey was right not to select him, lots of people here treat him like the next coming of waqar

Y'all don't know cricket

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post

Y'all don't know cricket
    I wasn't talking about his cricketing ability, I was talking about how I've heard that his attitude is bad. That's been cleared and I've found out his attitude isn't bad.

How has that got anything to do with my cricketing knowledge.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all don't know cricket
    I am a supporter of Haris Rauf as you can see from my previous posts and even mentioned him in a thread yesterday but I am not a blind supporter of anyone. He was pretty poor at the death against CP and that is where I said he needs to improve as that was the 2nd time he struggled getting those yorkers in perfectly as the 1st one was in PSL vs PZ when Sammy took him to cleaners. He has done well today but just needs to work on his consistency and pressure handling skills further to get into Pakistan team.
    Last edited by Titan24; 23rd October 2019 at 19:26.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all don't know cricket
    The fact you are completely convinced he is a good, international quality bowler shows a lot about your own cricket knowledge.

Yes he is talented, but the fact of the matter is that he was completely unknown until 2 years ago. He hasn't played any competitive cricket at all, this is his first year. He hasn't played age group or domestic. The cases of the U19 bowlers is different, they have been i the system for a while and playing competitive cricket.
    Haris has a long way to go for this reason. He needs to put in consistent performances like today to be selected.

I don't think he's even been to the NCA so that's another disadvantage for him.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all don't know cricket

Y'all don't know cricket
    And also if you are saying it because of the figures he had rather than taking into account the players he was bowling to in Zohaib Khan, Mussadiq Ahmed and Usman Shinwari after Iftikhar got out to a length cum short ball then I am afraid my friend you dont know cricket as much as you think.

Nothing to take away from him as he bowled well under pressure but I wanted to see more of the yorkers going in rather than batsmen who are not that capable struggling to get balls away. As I said earlier, I like the skills he has but he hasnt shown the best of that today and I wont say he was brilliant in this tournament just because I like what he can do.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some tips for the master to the student!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol what is Mohammad Amir a master of? Bowling medium pace?

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please pick him. I want to see this kid bowl bouncers in australia.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Glad he performed in the Semi Final.

But, he has not been in the best of form.

Still quite a while until he can be considered for the national team.
    Last edited by The Viper; 24th October 2019 at 04:50.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some brainless strokes by KPK.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some horrible batting. What was the need for trying to hit a six. They had 6 balls to get 6 runs. COuld have easily knocked it around.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    Some horrible batting. What was the need for trying to hit a six. They had 6 balls to get 6 runs. COuld have easily knocked it around.
    It's a mental. In almost all national t20 games the chasing team when Batting at a req. Run rate of 7 or 8. Doesn't take account of the play required and then leaves 10 or 12 an over for last 3-4 overs and it's then a gamble, because we don't have any Buttlers, Maxwells, Dhoni etc.

And when they got to a point. Where they didn't needed to hit a six. They were blinded by the hero medal.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Aaqib Javed says that Haris still not ready for international cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has got the charisma required for a fast bowler, but needs to prove himself further in domestic cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Rauf in the National T20 Cup was decent. Sure the economy of 8.5 is slightly overboard but it was a tournament in which most bowlers, like Zafar Gohar and Wahab Riaz, had an economy rate of over 8.

Rauf had a good strike rate of 17 per wicket and was lethal in the Death Overs. 6 games with 6 wickets. Had an economy of 5.5 in the Final too.

Not sure where the bad attitude arises from. In the PSL, he had that incident with Dan Christian, but it seemed more like a joke as both players were laughing.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Where is he? I thought he looked quite strong with the new ball.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Melbourne Stars have been forced into an 11th hour squad change, plucking a Pakistani speedster out of Tasmanian Premier Cricket to replace South African superstar Dale Steyn.

Haris Rauf, a 24-year-old from Rawalpindi who lists Steyn as his idol, was last weekend bowling for the Glenorchy Magpies in Tasmania's Premier League first grade T20 competition, where he knocked over Hobart Hurricanes opener D'Arcy Short.

In his third match of the summer, Haris took 4-12 in four overs for Glenorchy against Short's Clarence side, opening the bowling alongside Hurricanes bowler David Moody.

Steyn's KFC BBL debut as the Melbourne Stars' prized recruit had been highly anticipated but the 36-year-old arrived in the city this week with a side strain picked up playing for the Cape Town Blitz in the Mzansi T20 Super League.

When it became clear Steyn wouldn't come up in time for the Stars' trip to the Gold Coast for their opening match against the Brisbane Heat following a long flight from South Africa, the Stars were forced to scramble.

Enter Haris, the unheralded 24-year-old who's played just 10 career T20 games, stealing a moment in the spotlight in February when he nabbed 4-23 for the Lahore Qalanders in the Pakistan Super League while sending down 150km/h thunderbolts.

Self-taught playing gully cricket on the streets of Rawalpindi while sneaking out from his strict parents, he was eventually persuaded to turn up at an open talent hunt trial for the Lahore Qalanders after showing promise at university.

The right-armer isn't particularly tall and doesn't jump high in his delivery stride but windmills his left arm in front of his body before delivering the ball, and was able to generate speeds of up to 150km/h in the nets. Former Pakistan seamer Aaqib Javad saw enough to take him under his wing.

Aaqib arranged for him to spend time at Michael Clarke's Western Suburbs Cricket Club in Sydney, where he played second grade in 2017-18, before returning to the Qalanders who played him in a T20 tournament in the UAE.

He returned to Western Suburbs last summer, this time graduating to first grade, before being given his shot in the Qalanders' PSL side.

It's a rags to riches tale in the making, with Haris one of two in the Qalanders' player development program turning out for Glenorchy this summer.

He will now face the high-powered Heat batting line-up featuring Chris Lynn, Max Bryant and Tom Banton on Queensland's glitter strip.

While they have high hopes for Haris in his Big Bash debut, the Stars are hopeful his services will not be needed for long with Steyn eying a return to the side for Sunday's match in the Victorian regional centre of Moe.

"Our priority is Dale's fitness and continuing his treatment. He is very keen to play but we'll let him rest after a long flight to Australia and put him in the best position to be ready for our match in Moe on Sunday," Melbourne Stars physiotherapist Tommy Simsek said.

The Brisbane Heat, meanwhile, will take an unchanged 13-man squad into their second fixture after their opening night defeat by the Sydney Thunder at the Gabba.

This is the second year of the Heat's deal to take home games to the Gold Coast, but the venue has not proved a happy hunting ground in the past.

Brisbane lost both of their games narrowly at Metricon Stadium last season, to the Sydney Sixers and Hobart Hurricanes, while the Stars triumphed over the Thunder at the same venue.

The Stars will also host a 'home' game on the Gold Coast on December 27 against the Adelaide Strikers, while the Heat will play a second Gold Coast match on New Year's Day against the Perth Scorchers.

Brisbane Heat squad: Chris Lynn (c), Tom Banton, Max Bryant, Ben Cutting, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Josh Lalor, Ben Laughlin, James Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Zahir Khan.

Melbourne Stars squad: Glenn Maxwell (c), Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Ben Dunk, Pete Handscomb, Clint Hinchliffe, Sandeep Lamichhane, Nick Larkin, Nic Maddinson, Haris Rauf, Marcus Stoinis, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/hari...ury/2019-12-19

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did he get a few blokes offside in the first place??

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Why did he get a few blokes offside in the first place??
    Bowling bouncers in the nets.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He's on the radar of the Pakistan coaching staff. He was working at the NCA not so long ago with Waqar and co.

Only a matter of time before he's called-up.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ he better be. Absolutely bewildering how Musa and Irfan were brought in ahead of him for the recent T20 squads.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're almost there, will be playing for Pakistan soon, keep working hard.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    You're almost there, will be playing for Pakistan soon, keep working hard.
    He has got a 5-fer in the BBL and nobody is talking about him???

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE
    Lahore Qalandars

Another Qalandar makes it to Pakistan National Team.

Lahore: Lahore Qalandars are proud to announce that their very own Haris Rauf, the latest pace sensation, has been picked to represent Pakistan.

Haris Rauf’s selection highlights Lahore Qalandars’ commitment towards Pakistan Cricket.

He is not the first player to emerge from Qalandars camp. Players like Shaheen Shah Afridi and Fakhar Zaman also emerged from Qalandars’ platform in PSL and made it to national side.

But, Haris is special one.

He is very own product of Lahore Qalandars.

“It’s a proud moment for us, to see Haris Rauf making waves everywhere with his bowling and now being picked for Pakistan side is exciting,” said Sameen Rana, the CEO of Lahore Qalandars.

Haris had never played any professional cricket before coming to Player Development Program trials in 2017.

Since then, he has never looked back. And, Qalandars kept working on him.

“We always believed that Haris has got everything to be a top fast bowler, we have this confidence, we worked on him and he proved his worth,” said Aaqib Javed, the Director Cricket Operation of Lahore Qalandars.

Haris Rauf’s journey from streets of Rawalpindi to Pakistan team also depicts the idea behind the Player Development Program of Lahore Qalandars.

The management of Lahore Qalandars believe that this selection proves success of the Player Development Program.

“We always believed in winning thru process, to develop our own players, players who can serve Pakistan cricket. Today, I’m proud that we have developed such players. Haris Rauf is one of them, there are many more to come,” said Atif Rana, the CEO of Lahore Qalandars.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf's reaction to be being picked

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These press releases from the Qalandars are so cringy. But got to give credit to them for discovering him