Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Misbah-ul-Haq tells Sarfaraz Ahmed to start producing good performances and leading from the front

Misbah at a presser:

"Many congratulations to Sarfaraz and Babar Azam"

"The team in T20Is in #1, in ODIs we won the CT which was a big achievement, lately the performance has been up and down but I still believe the team has done well. Sarfaraz's performances under my captaincy were very good. I think that he just needs to get the best out of himself as a player and I hope that will happen and the team's performances will also improve. Hopefully we can bring the team on the right track with his leadership"

"We don't have consistency in our performances in ODI cricket. Holding only the captain responsible for this is wrong in my opinion. When your main players, top bowlers are out of form and don't perform and your main players who won you the CT and their performances drop then automatically the team struggles. You have to look at the collective team effort and putting it all on one person is wrong"

"I have also been captain and sometimes you need a little push, you can underestimate yourself and forget your own role as a player. That's an important area where I will work with Sarfaraz. He shouldn't under-utilise himself as a player and a batsman and that will help the Pakistan team"

"Rizwan has done well at #4 with 2 hundreds, he's already there as a batsman. Whenever there's a chance, he will play. Comparing him with Sarfaraz is unjust as they both have different roles in the teams"

"We took unofficial fitness tests of many players who are in the loop. Whichever players are in the 6 provincial teams are going through the same fitness tests according to the protocol of the Pakistan team so that we know every player's physical condition before selection. And that's not just before the start of the season but it will be throughout. Every player will have roles, training sessions, detailing data about fat level etc., so that we don't have to worry about such things on the brink of selection"

"Why shouldn't Abid Ali be given more chances? His fitness levels are very good and he has hit a hundred, every player who has performed will get due chances"

"Understanding local cricket has its advantages. Coaches of teams aren't such that I don't know them and players of the teams are well known to me as well. Even if I am not there in person, we have recordings of matches, I can check them. We will have reports as well and I will use my eyes to assess recommended players myself with videos, etc. The most important thing is coordination. So I will try to remain involved in the domestic teams constantly. There will be 3 matches happening at a time so you can easily keep an eye on them and see whether the reports are serving the purposes or not"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th September 2019 at 21:46.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Misbah-ul-Haq tells Sarfaraz Ahmed to start producing good performances and leading from the front

Misbah-ul-Haq:

“I want to congratulate Sarfaraz on his confirmation as Pakistan captain and Babar on his appointment as vice-captain. Both are one of the most talented and exceptionally gifted Pakistan cricketers and thoroughly deserve these assignments.

“Consistency has been my yardstick for recommending Sarfaraz as captain. Furthermore, I think I am better placed to get the best out of Sarfaraz as I know him better than most of the cricketers as he has played most of his cricket under my captaincy.

“I have emphasised on changing the dressing room culture and mind-set of the players to achieve better results, and I believe Sarfaraz is a perfect fit to help me attain these objectives.

“In the past couple of weeks, Sarfaraz and I have worked together on certain areas of his cricket that will enhance his overall performance. Both of us realise it is a performance-oriented world and we are expected to give our best every time we take the field. I look forward to working with him and hope we will succeed in changing the outlook of the Pakistan cricket team.”
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th September 2019 at 23:14.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A gentle reminder to up his game and consistency to his cricket which quite often has been rather poor.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I hope this doesnt mean hes going to be retained as captain. But yes he does need to up his game if hes still selected. Same goes for Azhar and Asad if again they are still persisted with.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What amazing advice. Wish someone else had thought of it sooner.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    What amazing advice. Wish someone else had thought of it sooner.
    The other gem was "we've realised it's a 'performance-oriented' world." I probably should be worried that they've only discovered this aspect of competing. Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The type of advice Misbah is giving Sarfraz is exactly the type of advice you need to give to a player like Sarfraz. Misbah is proving once his services for Pakistan cricket is a blessing. We will no doubt become a top team with this mindset. I wish all the best to the greatest Pakistani captain in Test cricket. With his wisdom and Safrazís ability to lead the limited overs side, we will achieve miracles. Dil... Dil... PAKISTAN!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's unfair to show Mickey Arthur the door without holding Sarfaraz accountable. The coach was not the only person responsible for the results

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Since PCB selected Misbah as selector cum coach most likely both Misbah and Sarfraz as a captain will play in 2023 World Cup

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    It's unfair to show Mickey Arthur the door without holding Sarfaraz accountable. The coach was not the only person responsible for the results
    PCB was buying some time to retain Sarfraz as captain after sacking Micky by pretending those fake advertisements. Now SL with their D side we may win the series easily and forget the past.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am more worried about Misbah than Sarfraz because Pakistan can't play the same type of cricket they played under Misbah if they want to become a top side.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Looks like arthur and inzi were made scapegoats for pakistans failures rightly so, but looks captain and failing players keep getting a free ride in the team. Pathetic stuff.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I'd assume the coach was the one deciding the XI and well, not playing Haris and Shaheen as long as they did it buried them.

Mickey would also do insane things like bowling 3 pacers in Test matches in UAE.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    I'd assume the coach was the one deciding the XI and well, not playing Haris and Shaheen as long as they did it buried them.

Mickey would also do insane things like bowling 3 pacers in Test matches in UAE.
    Mickey has rightfully paid the price for his incompetence, but this also does not paint a rosy picture for Sarfaraz's competency as captain and i don't think Mickey forced Sarfaraz to look unfit or made him lose form as a player.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should have been sacked

Ah, so this is what it feels like