Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Current unemployment levels in Pakistan

    This thread is purely for people currently living in Pakistan. Did you or anyone in your social circle came up against the problem of vastly increasing unemployment in Pakistan?

    Many, in my social circle were made redundant from their jobs whereas MNCs are downsizing at very vast scale which is consistent with the fact that giants like Shell are posting a loss. Furthermore, MTO Programs (Entry routes for fresh candidates in large organizations) have not been offered this year.

    Inflation in tandem with Unemployment, It appears that chances of survival are very bleak.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    19,394
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Personally know PhD's Masters in Plant Pathology sitting idle and a flock of graduates with nothing to do


    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bulk of Industries have closed down whereas others are struggling big time.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    19,394
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dont worry IK is offering Kamyan Nojawan Program cheap loans for youth #wishful thinking


    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What will I do with that loan? Business are dead.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,708
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Most incompetent leader in Pakistan’s history. He literally has no clue.

    His gullible followers think that since he is supposedly financially clean, he will steer the country in the right direction. They are in for a very rude awakening but most have wool over their eyes.

    PTI is a fake party with a fake mandate. They only exist to do the establishment’s mending.

    Hopefully the misery will end soon.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Most incompetent leader in Pakistan’s history. He literally has no clue.

    His gullible followers think that since he is supposedly financially clean, he will steer the country in the right direction. They are in for a very rude awakening but most have wool over their eyes.

    PTI is a fake party with a fake mandate. They only exist to do the establishment’s mending.

    Hopefully the misery will end soon.
    Most incompetent leaders of Pakistan are

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,092
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apologies, don't live in Pakistan but loving the optimism in this thread so far...

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Apologies, don't live in Pakistan but loving the optimism in this thread so far...
    Such posters didn't post threads when our economy was being looted left right and center. So ofcourse they will now.

    In other news the trade deficit has further been reduced which is great news.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Pakpak this thread is for people living in pakistan.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These are the worst economic conditions in our country's history

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon

    How do you see this ending? Because to be honest, the guy is deluded and has no idea about the problems of the country rather he thinks he is doing some "great job"

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Pakpak this thread is for people living in pakistan.
    a) Noone gives you a monopoly on such threads
    b) How do you know where and when I spend my time in and out of Pakistan? Or if I have work in Pakistan?

    and c) My point stands. None of you idiotic patwaris were making threads before, now you're out in force.

    Don't worry, your mafia is being dismantled piece by piece.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Mamoon

    How do you see this ending? Because to be honest, the guy is deluded and has no idea about the problems of the country rather he thinks he is doing some "great job"
    The fact the only imbecille backing your point is Mamoon shows the kind of intellectual disability you possess.

    Welcome Noora, welcome to my wonderful ignore list.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because the issues have generated all due to Imran Khan's incompetence.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pity that you get called out for being a "noora" just because you are raising issues such as poor GDP, Unemployment and sky high Inflation.

    Well these are primary economic metrics.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Pity that you get called out for being a "noora" just because you are raising issues such as poor GDP, Unemployment and sky high Inflation.

    Well these are primary economic metrics.
    It is a pity because such issues have become worse due to your heroes looting our nation non-stop for decades. To get their filth out the government has had to make horrific choices which won't be popular or won't turn our nation into a utopia in one year. We have barely survived bankruptcy due to PMLN's stellar performance. To go from stalling bankruptcy to some sort of model economy you're either a) expecting too much or b ) are a typical patwari who was silent when our country was robbed and raped but now has found his voice.

    We know which of those two you are.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are speaking without any logic or facts.

    Lower economic activity means nothing but lower revenues for the government.

    This all bankruptcy etc. is nothing but ********. And how about tons of debt taken by Imran Khan and debt increase due to devaluation?

    Even with a highly geared company, you cannot put up a ban over its expenditures, hault its growing revenues, exposing it to instable/uncertain policies because that will permanently close the window and it is no solution to get rid of the debt.

    And mind you there is debt in every growing economy.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why do you think the debt is taken on by the present government? Its like you're going on and on about such sh1t whitewashing completely as to the reason why we are how we are and the fact when PTI came into power our coffers were empty AND WE WERE ABOUT TO BE BANKRUPT.

    I am not even angry at jaahil uneducated people. I am just disappointed that educated people like yourself are so deluded it beggars belief. And it even beggars belief more that YOU are the one accusing others to speak without using logic.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm posting facts and logics, show me numbers and then talk.

    For you to understand, I will take example of a company which is currently high on debt however posting profits and revenue growth. High gearing certainly means greater risk and problems such as cashflows in order to meet up the finance costs.

    Now to curtail that debt, it cannot generate cashflows by reducing expenditures or getting rid of existing CAPEX Projects, It can only do so with better Strategic Planning to use that growth for greater revenues by diversifying into different markets and products whereas further investing into development of resources. Point being you will always have to increase your inflow to get rid of the debt, your inflows won't increas by shrinking economy or business activity and you will further fall into the debt trap with devaluation.

    Maybe this is too much of a logic for you to digest that you may start calling me a "jayala" instead of "patwari"

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,329
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Your example is stupid because in your example the company was posting profits. Our nation was doing anything but. Out trade deficit alone only now is shrinking.

    Its going around in circles. I can see why we were almost bankrupt, the PMLN government seemed to have the same acumen as you.

    Good luck in your echo chamber with Mamoon. The best you can do.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Primary Indicator for an economy is GDP Growth whereas or a company it is the Profitability.

    Trade Deficit shrinking is actually an extremely poor metric in this perspective, your analysis is flawed and shows tunnel vision with prime emphasis over "trade deficit" whereas I have presented various and much more crucial metrics such as Unemployment, Inflation, Living Standards, GDP Growth, You may add poor performsnce of Stock Exchange as well alongside poor business conditions that will rule out any foreign investment as well.

    You are playing with a single metric that is of trade deficit which diminished due to reduced imports (attributed to lower consumption & spending due to depreciation of PKR). You have also ignored my analysis about high gearing where reducing expenditures is essentially suicide (maybe you're too thick to get that).

    If PTI Cabinet is equipped with same intellectual and acumen as yours then sorry to say we seriously do have a highly incompetent government in power.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,208
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are tough but we had to pay the price for the kind of leaders we kept on electing for the past 50 years. Most importantly, our people understand this and are willing to give time to present government to sort out this mess.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Their performance is disaster, should be taken off immediately.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,685
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The economy is at its worst ebb since 2008 after the Musharraf steroid high had weaned off and the reserves dried up. To be fair to the government (and I hate writing that), this was going to be a very difficult period because the preceding boom under the Sharifs wasn't sustainable either. The problem has unquestionably been exacerbated due to the customary institutional dithering in Pakistan and a lack of competence and experience of the PTI government. I see a natural cyclical turnaround in a couple of years, once the floor is eventually hit.

    The bigger problem is that Pakistan is firmly mired in a debt trap and until industries become fundamentally competitive and the country starts manufacturing products actually worth buying, this boom-bust cycle will keep repeating. That is a fanciful scenario in my view, but we can blame incidental issues such as adversarial interference or corruption as long as the world keeps revolving. It stops people from reflecting on the fundamental structural issues in every single industry.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,215
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    How is the inflation?

    Are the prices of Vegetables,food grains,milk etc very high?

    What about fuels?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    27,198
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What I find strange is that all retired generals take top jobs in various sectors and the young educated miss out due to lack of experience. They will only gain that if you offer them the job.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @cricketjoshila

    Prices are going up the sky.

    Fuel was around 80rs per litre last year and now its 114rs.

    Vegetables to Vehicles, price increases have been insane.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    8,269
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @IAJ

    There are no opportunities either now.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,708
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @Mamoon

    How do you see this ending? Because to be honest, the guy is deluded and has no idea about the problems of the country rather he thinks he is doing some "great job"
    He will have the same fate as Nawaz. Eventually, the military will pull the plug and and frame him for the Sita White and foreign funding cases. He is running the economy into the ground and their patience will eventually run out.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may sound like a ’youthiya’ to a lot of people here but i still put the blame for a lot of these issues on past government’s mismanagements.

    With that said, the current government has done it’s fair bit of mismanagement as well. But let’s not forget that the past governments are more responsible for this mess.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @cricketjoshila

    Prices are going up the sky.

    Fuel was around 80rs per litre last year and now its 114rs.

    Vegetables to Vehicles, price increases have been insane.
    The State Bank of Pakistan already knew that the Pakistani rupee would depreciate in 2017.

    From Sakib Sherani’s article on DAWN:
    A final point on the rupee to address the deliberate confusion being spread by those elements wishing to deflect criticism from the atrocious economic management of the PML-N, which was directly responsible for this crisis. The country’s foreign exchange reserves had already fallen from $16.1bn to $9.8bn in 2017-18 — before the PTI government took over. In fact, in July 2018, one month before the formation of the PTI government, there was a near-consensus in the financial markets that the rupee would fall to at least Rs180 to Rs200 per dollar. This is as clear an indication as any that the mess had already been created before the PTI government took over.

    Source:
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1502555/challenging-the-cw

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My biggest dissapointment with the PTI government is that they have been too soft on corruption. They are allowing the weak state institutions to deal with Sharif and Zardari totally ignoring the massive tentacles in the system this mafia has. Say what you want about the Taliban but they put the fear of god in people when they started punishing people in public for their crimes and sadly this is what Pakistan needs.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,266
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I keep having these arguments with the previous generation where they keep stating that the amount of hardships and challenges they had in the past we could not even imagine.

    I mean like how does that even make sense? Just look at the inflation today compared to in the 70's and 80's where a packet of chips and a bottle of pepsi could be obtained for a couple of paisas. Today everything is just so expensive from groceries, to rent, utilities, cost of education, cost of servants and salaries have just not kept up at all.

    In my accounting field, entry level accounting students would start off at $37-45 k a year in the 70's. It is still the same starting salary but can you imagine the inflation differential between the 70's and now?

    I can see why a lot of people are starting to give up on careers and looking towards business, self employment opportunities now where they can improve their chances of breaking through the salary caps


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •