Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on PCB's decision to appoint Sarfaraz Ahmed as ODI & T20I captain?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is a good choice only as ODI skipper

0 0%
  • Only As T20I skipper

6 24.00%
  • He is a good choice for both positions

7 28.00%
  • Not suitable for both positions

12 48.00%
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

What's your opinion on PCB's decision to appoint Sarfaraz Ahmed as ODI & T20I captain?

Lot of discussion on whether Sarfaraz should have been removed from captaincy post World Cup but seems PCB have gone for a safe choice but is it right?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing "safe" about retaining Sarfraz as player and as captain. This kind of defensive and "safe" cricket destroyed the ODI in Misnah's era. We are post WC and a weak team is visiting, home conditions, was ideal situation to take a fresh start and to induct some new blood in the team. But considering the man running the Pakistan cricket now, I'm not surprised.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    To be honest, there are no options, no one in the team has any leadership qualities. Imad and Shan Masood still need to perform as players consistently before they can be considered

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Political call - but, I can't prove it, so don't bash me. PTI needs a mascot to keep Karachi happy - recently, I am hearing that Govt. has passed some bill, which will challenge Karachi's freedom (????, I thought PAK was duel cabinet, decentralized Provincial Govt. system ) or some thing like that ...... some upset guy from Karachi told me that it's like what Bhutto did to East Pakistan (Can't be, what ZAB did to EP, deserved his final departure) ......

Probably, not the time to sack the most unworthy Captain in contemporary world (Yes, I know - today, Shakib put Burl guy in confusion; not sure what to do, Burl balanced his aggression - hit 3 SIX & 3 Fours in an over)

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pathetic move to retain him as ODI captain, seems PCB intent on going backwards with no lessons been learnt.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    To be honest, there are no options, no one in the team has any leadership qualities. Imad and Shan Masood still need to perform as players consistently before they can be considered
    Absolutely no - after 3 years in charge, WHAT LEADERSHIP QUALITY HAS SARFRAZ BROUGHT IN PCT? On top of that, he is holding on to one key spot as Captain.

Leadership quality is not a birth right, it's developed, learned and applied - for which you need personality traits, charisma and capability. Don't want to talk about personality, while from AH Karadar, IK, Misbah to Sarfraz Ahmed should suggest which way PAK Captain's charisma is moving .... but, I can definitely say a bit about capability - he won't make cricket teams around the world over Butler/Johnny, Pant/MS, Paine/Carey, Hope, Kock/Klassen, Mushi, Dickwella, Watling/Latham ......... At least, no Captain would drop himself down the order and promote bowler to hit out few balls.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the one day format their is no one really who else can lead at this moment . Letís examine ..

Hafeez - no
    Imad- just about makes the team and has fitness issues
    Harris -no
    Amir- Possibly. But will he play every series

I donít really see any one else. What the PCB have done though is shown a bit of forward thinking and appointed Babar as VC . This should work well as long as Babar keeps his form. In a few years time he will be ready to step in .

There does seem to be a plan . Letís not get the knives out just yet . The other thing is our world cup was not exactly a disaster we practically missed the semi finals due to one bad match !

Retaining Sarfaraz is not that bad an idea . Considering Babar is waiting in the wings .

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not a surprise.

A yes man coach, captain and selector so PCB mafia bosses can run rampant.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but this new PCB set up hasn't made ONE appointment on merit.

Sarfaraz's performance as a captain and a player have been way below par, and no matter what Misbah says, there's no substance to back him as a captain.

This is disappointing stuff from the PCB but not all that surprising after the coaching appointments they made.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar should have been named ODI captain and then he would have 4 years to build a team till the next world cup. Another 4 years of lack of planning and poor decisions on its way, well done PCB.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Babar should have been named ODI captain and then he would have 4 years to build a team till the next world cup. Another 4 years of lack of planning and poor decisions on its way, well done PCB.
    It might happen that they'll hang on to Sarfraz till 2021 T20 WC, then ....... a year & half before next WC, PCB can't appoint a new Captain!!!!!!

Unless, unless he turns into shambles even for his own standard, I guess he is going to lead PAK in 2023 WC ......

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Horrid decision, no merit in it whatsoever. PCB is retaining a culture of rewarding failure instead of making correct and decisive decisions in order to raise standards for the team. So sit back and expect more of the same mediocrity that we've all become accustomed to.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very obvious he was chosen because of the two back to back T20 world cups coming up, and you canít argue against that. His captaincy record in T20s speaks for itself.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that Babar should have been at least T20 captain, if not also ODI captain. Could have been a good time to build a new team.

Sarfraz hasn't shown any special strategic leadership or inspirational qualities imo, and frankly he doesn't seem all that intelligent either.

I'm not surprised that he's been retained though. And especially since the new boss is Misbah.

Sarfraz is just the safe option and that's what this new management wants. It could have been the right time to introduce a new young captain since the coach is an old hand of Pak cricket but of course Misbah doesn't think that way. He's not a risk taker and not an innovator. He's a safety first type guy - save himself first.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic decision. PCB are more interested in political calls than cricket. Any serious team drops this rubbish player as captain.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    He is the most experienced captain at the moment. But Pakistan's losses in recent times should have had some consequences.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    T20I captaincy makes sense since he has an excellent record.

ODI captaincy could have been given to Babar immediately, but he is getting some experience in domestic first.

Just a transitional captain for 1 year hopefully.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should've lost ODI captaincy at a bare minimum. Pakistan could've made Haris Sohail or Imad Wasim the ODI captain.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t make the team on batting, so shouldn’t be there

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Doesnt make the ODI team as a player, let alone a skipper. All pathetic ODI performances overall under his captaincy seem to have been forgotten and certain players arent accountable for there shockingly bad performances.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shouldve been removed after the WC. hes not gonna be in 2023 team makes no sense to keep him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The decision is right for now as they didnt prepare a replacement but now they have made Babar VC he should be groomed for next two years and given captaincy for all format straight after T20 WC.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if he doesnt improve i believe will be given to Babar after t20 WC..