Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I don't want to become a burden on the Pakistan team" : Wahab Riaz

Wahab Riaz presser about his 'break' from red-ball cricket:

"I am taking some time off from red-ball cricket"

"There are some reasons behind this. I would like to thank PCB and my family for their support. My plan was totally opposite to this but they convinced me which I'm thankful for"

"I don't want to take any decision in a hurry. I want to give myself time. Whatever I am today is because of Pakistan and Pakistan is my first priority"

"Sometimes you have to take decisions in life where you have to assess and analyse yourself and see how far you can put in your efforts till"

"One of the reasons behind this decision was that I didn't want to take anything for granted. If you see my white-ball performances in recent times, I couldn't replicate that with red-ball cricket, and I hadn't played red-ball cricket for a while either. Keeping all this in mind, I made this decision"

"I analysed my performances and my white ball performances were far better than my red ball performances"

"If I wanted to say goodbye to Tests then I would announce retirement but I wanted to take some time out to see whether I can serve the team well and if I can, I will make a comeback to the team"

"Pakistan should always be the first priority. I had a contract at the CPL but I skipped it because I know we have a series against SL. I had a NOC but I decided that I will not go to WI for the 4-5 matches I was going to be available for"

"There's nothing like this about us going after money, we are what we are due to Pakistan"

"I need to see my body's workload and see how much capacity I have. If you look at my recent spells, I bowl at an avg pace of 140kph so I don't want to come in a later spell and bowl 130-132kph and become a burden on the Pakistan team"

"James Anderson plays one format only and prepares all year for that"

"People might think that the decision is badly timed due to upcoming tours but I was analysing this since a long time. I haven't played that much red-ball cricket recently. With the longer format, you need more preparation and stamina"

"Between me and the other youngsters in the team, there is a difference. I am 30+, the youngsters in the team are under 30. I don't think they have any reasons to leave Test cricket at 25 or under 30 years of age"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    You have realized it four years too late.

Unfortunately, the torture will continue in Limited Overs because of a few lucky wickets at the World Cup and a couple of fluke boundaries against Afghanistan.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better late than never.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Unfortunately, the torture will continue in Limited Overs because of a few lucky wickets at the World Cup and a couple of fluke boundaries against Afghanistan.
    Atleast hes realized hes a burden, unlike other players like sarfaraz, azhar, asad who continue to let team down aswell and take no responsability.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a radical idea; If you want to get fit for tests, play domestic FC matches...

Would rather he was honest than skirting around the issue.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should only play T20Is

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man if only you understood the concept of professional sportsmen, you would stop coming out with this 'fluke' rubbish every other day.

Won't be surprised if you haven't held a bat in your hand ever

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Some confused thinking from what he is saying.

Who's next....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only didnít want to be a burden when he realized he was on the wrong side of 30.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for you sunshine, oh and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's sad people always blame cricketers retiring from formats for money. If it were for money, they would play all of them. They are retiring because their body can't handle all 3 formats. Hardly any proper fast bowlers play all 3 formats. It's not just sense for those over 30, it's true for under 30 too. Riaz just wasn't exactly a regular in all 3 formats for long periods of time.

How Anderson and Broad keep themselves fit is because they focus on only tests.

They need to either change the format of tests, rearrange the schedule or resign to only playing fast bowlers for certain formats. It's so stupid we just turn a blind eye to this when fast bowlers are getting injured left and right, or simply retiring from formats. Quick to point at the "money" excuse, when it really isn't the main reason.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet, he got a B level central contract while Amir got a C level. I'd really hope Wahab is not just an automatic selection for ODI's and T20 because frankly, he's not worth it. And Pakistan have plenty of other better and younger options for LOI.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    And yet, he got a B level central contract while Amir got a C level. I'd really hope Wahab is not just an automatic selection for ODI's and T20 because frankly, he's not worth it. And Pakistan have plenty of other better and younger options for LOI.
    wahab played smart here pcb was planning to select him for tests thats why they gave him B contract and now he got that he took break,

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Man if only you understood the concept of professional sportsmen, you would stop coming out with this 'fluke' rubbish every other day.

Won't be surprised if you haven't held a bat in your hand ever
    This is not about me; this is about Wahab. I could be the worst ever to ever hold a bat or the best ever. Does it matter? Not in the slightest, so I am not sure why you intended to make this personal. Please provide a defense for Wahab and why he should he continue to play ODIs and T20Is in the future.

Wahab’s whole career has been a big fluke. He has not learned anything in his career with either bat or ball. All he has is raw pace with zero conventional skills and control, and that pace is only useful when there is reverse-swing on offer. With the bat, he is is a blind slogger who tries to deposit every delivery into the stands.

The fact that people think he had a good World Cup when almost two dozen bowlers took more wickets than him sums up how poor he is. Now that the legend has seemingly retired from Test cricket, it appears that he is going to delude himself into thinking that he still has years left in Limited Overs cricket.

It will be a complete disaster if Misbah decides to stick with this 34 year old proven failure. There is no justification for why he should continue to play for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not about me; this is about Wahab. I could be the worst ever to ever hold a bat or the best ever. Does it matter? Not in the slightest, so I am not sure why you intended to make this personal. Please provide a defense for Wahab and why he should he continue to play ODIs and T20Is in the future.

Wahab’s whole career has been a big fluke. He has not learned anything in his career with either bat or ball. All he has is raw pace with zero conventional skills and control, and that pace is only useful when there is reverse-swing on offer. With the bat, he is is a blind slogger who tries to deposit every delivery into the stands.

The fact that people think he had a good World Cup when almost two dozen bowlers took more wickets than him sums up how poor he is. Now that the legend has seemingly retired from Test cricket, it appears that he is going to delude himself into thinking that he still has years left in Limited Overs cricket.

It will be a complete disaster if Misbah decides to stick with this 34 year old proven failure. There is no justification for why he should continue to play for Pakistan.
    Look I am no fan of Wahab, but whatever useless analysis you offer goes down the drain the moment you start downplaying the achievements of any professional sportsman as a fluke. Criticize them by all means, but professional sportsmen or teams don't fluke performances.

All I'm saying.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Reports are that he'll be relegated to C as well.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!